• 5,973 posts
  • Joined 11-July 06
Bobcats Planet name: ohara831
Real name (first only): Christopher
Current City: Boiling Springs, SC
Hometown: Raised mostly in Gastonia, NC

1) How did you choose your screen name?

Last name: O'Hara.

2) Could you tell us a little about where you grew up and about your family?

Born in Greenboro, NC; raised in Gastonia, NC. Guilford College in Greensboro, NC and Whittier School of Law in CA. Started practicing in '93. Solo in '99. Began dating Sherri on 5/19/94 and married 5/23/96. We celebrate both Anniv. 2 wonderful beautiful children: Alexis who is 8 and Chase who is 7 mos. I work from a home office to be with my wife and children. Learn more about me by checking out my My Space. Link below. Not set to private so come by and visit. Comments welcomed, please keep them "clean".

http://www.myspace.com/ohara831

3) Did you play in any sports or where you involved with any High School clubs and such?
I last played FB in Jr. High. Preferrred just playing FB/BB with friends. Public courts in LA are a blast!

4) What is your fondest memory of your teenage years?
Neighborhood FB & BB yr round.

5) What was your first job?
16 yrs old, bagger at a grocery store

6) What lead to your dedicated following of the Bobcat's?
Growing up in Gastonia on the outskirts of Charlotte.

7) Could you tell us one of your favorite memories of the Bobcat's?
One of Ammo's firsts. End of the qtr with like 2 seconds left. They inbounded to Ammo and he turned and hit a jumpber from 30 ft.

8 ) How did you find the Bobcats Planet and what keeps you active on the site?
Cant recall. Found it during FA signing period last yr and just read for mos. until I joined. Love the conversations.

9) What other sports teams do you follow?
I watch the NFL Panthers. Mini camp at Wofford is only 15 min. from me. Atlanta Braves. I am a big Notre Dame fan - we'll be back.

10) When you’re not on Bobcats Planet what could you likely be found doing with your spare time?
Walking 6-10 miles/day. Being with my wife, son and daughter. I am also on line checking out ESPN, RGM, and other sites. Always looking for places to read trying to learn more to be able to speak with knowledge.

11) If you could have one moment being part of the Bobcats organization, what would it be?
I would want to be in charge at Draft and make trades/sign FA . I would have everyone from BP in a single location hooked up by a video link and discuss the moves on the Draft and FA with ALL OF US. Bobcats mgmnt would see just how well informed we are, our passion for the Cats, and they would know the moves I am making would be by the majority of the BP faithful.

12) How many trips have you made to the Time Warner Cable Arena?
2 Games in the evening and in Charlotte 75 min away. I'm usually up at 5:00.

13) What is your worst fear?
Bad mgmnt decisions and fail to draw more fans to our base. I want us to have the support of many, like we did with the Hornets. Winning is a good cure.

14) What type of hobbies do you enjoy?
Surf fishing at beach, Trout fishing in mtns, family drives, Biltmore Estate. Watching my kids grow up knowing that their father loves them and has time for them. Anything with my wife that she enjoys.

15) What’s your favorite food?
#1 Steak & baked potato; #2 My wife's spaghetti

16) Where are some of the places you’ve been, and where are some of your favorites.
Maui in 1997 with my wife for a week-self explanatory and Russia in 2001 for 3 weeks with my wife. Middle of the Russian winter in Dec. Was for the adoption of our daughter. We saw a totally different way of life, different food (I lost 22 lbs in 3 weeks) and came home with Alexis. In Law School I drove cross country. Saw the Badlands, saw where Custer had his last stand, Mt. Rushmore, Yellowstone to see Old Faithful go off, Grand Canyon and Bryce Canyon

17) What is one thing you've always wanted to do, but haven't done yet in your lifetime?
Take a Cruise with my wife & kids on Disney Lines. 2009?

18 ) If you could live anywhere where would it be?
Right where I am now, or in Clearwater FL.

19) Name your favorite 3 Bobcats all time and explain the reason for one of them.
Crash; J-Rich: He came to us in a trade with which he was not at first happy, but he gave it his all & endeared himself to the fans; Herrmann

20) Up to this date, what is one of your favorite Bobcats Planet memories?
The Draft chat we had the other night.

21) Anything else you'd like to add?
Remember, we all love the Bobcats and want the best for this team. We may differ on what is best or how to get there but no one has stupid comments or idiotic suggestions. We need to treat each other with respect, even when we disagree.

Who would you like to nominate to be interviewed next?
Big Slam
Into the crevasse!

"Climb down Lemon, Climb down"Posted Image

#2 Mustachio Posted 02 July 2008 - 02:29 PM

Mustachio

The All-Knowing All-Seeing Beagle

• Honorary Beagle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,973 posts
  • Joined 11-July 06
good interview. the draft chat is legendary now. hopefully we can continue throughout the season using it for game chats. Ham Bone killed the game chat about 15 games in last year.
Into the crevasse!

"Climb down Lemon, Climb down"Posted Image

#3 EvetsMorrison15 Posted 02 July 2008 - 03:39 PM

EvetsMorrison15

Sean May... Krispy-Kreme MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts
  • Joined 15-May 07
very entertaining. that's cool you have a myspace man.
Posted Image
Gordon: I never thanked you. Batman: And you'll never have to

#4 ohara831 Posted 02 July 2008 - 03:44 PM

ohara831

The All-Knowing All-Seeing Cho

• 1000+ posts
  • 5,429 posts
  • Joined 24-May 06
I hope you like it. My wife wanted me to have one for a year and I finally agreed a few months ago. Had to do some looking until I could find the Bobcats background I wanted for it. Anyway, come by and see it and get to know who I am a little more.

#5 EvetsMorrison15 Posted 02 July 2008 - 05:04 PM

EvetsMorrison15

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts
  • Joined 15-May 07
Cool Cool. Maybe Zig will host a bobcatsplanet myspace and we all can join that. IDK maybe. Cool interview.
Posted Image

#6 ziggy Posted 02 July 2008 - 06:14 PM

ziggy

Administrator

• Administrators

• 13,369 posts
  • Joined 05-January 06
Thats good stuff Ohara!

You have to like a lawyer thats cool enough to have a myspace page. ;)

Help support HornetsPlanet by using our affiliate link for your Amazon shopping needs!

#7 ohara831 Posted 02 July 2008 - 09:31 PM

ohara831

• 1000+ posts
  • 5,429 posts
  • Joined 24-May 06
Thank you kindly. I dont use it for work, just personal. And I feel a bond with my Bobcat brethren so I was comfortable with putting the info out there for you all. I hope it gives you an idea of who I am and my personality and character.

When I first answered these and tried to send to Mustachio, I did not know there was a 5000 character limit. My first rendition was 15000 (yeah, lawyers can be real wordy) and I spent 3 hours paring it down. I'd chop some down, try to send it and it would tell me how many more I needed to cut before it could go through. I had to cut out 2/3.

One quick story. I went to Law School out in LA. Now the school is in Costa Mesa. But where I lived, it was right next to a large Latino community with public courts. My 2 roommates and I use to go up to the courts 3-4x per week. Most of these guys were 16-25 yrs old. We'd throw in for a game of 3 on 3. Here come these "not in the best shape" outsiders into their courts and at first they were not too thrilled with us and made it clear. But we took our lumps, played hard nosed defense, but always clean, and after several weeks they were happy with us coming up there to play. They respected us and we respected them. We got to know them quite well over the 2+ yrs I lived in that neighborhood. Unfortunately, a lot of those guys ran in the LA gangs as well. Very sad, and a very hard life. A couple of the guys I knew from the games died in gang related activity, another got put away for murder after a retaliatory killing (gang related) and then one actually "just went missing". Word was he got caught on the wrong turf and was "disposed of". That was a real eye opener for me. I got to know these kids and care about them and wanted them to be able to turn their lives around and break out of that gang life. But as they told me, it was the only thing they could truly count on, including parents who apparently weren't much in the way of parents. I guess they played the hands they were dealt and did their best to deal with it. But it hurt to see people I got to know so well run such a dangerous life which seemed destined to lead to a dead end. From glares of contempt the first few days we were there, to them actually asking how we were doing on exams, complementing us on "our game", banging and sweating and pushing to the limits in hard nosed but fair competition. I do miss the guys and often wonder how many of them are still alive and if any made it out of the gang life.

#8 aznjustice14 Posted 03 July 2008 - 11:53 AM

aznjustice14

Nazr "Illmatic" Mohammed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 132 posts
  • Joined 20-September 07
very nice story and background. sad what happened to those people you played with in LA tho. gang violence is always a horrible thing to go through. well anyways, can't wait till big slam's next interview haha.

#9 ohara831 Posted 03 July 2008 - 01:03 PM

ohara831

• 1000+ posts
  • 5,429 posts
  • Joined 24-May 06
Thank you for the complement. If anyone has any follow up questions, please feel free to ask. It is Thursday around 2:00 in the afternoon. I am here today and Friday, but will be going on vacation beginning Saturday for a week and likely wont have access to a computer to answer any questions next week.

#10 Dead_Real Posted 03 July 2008 - 03:33 PM

Dead_Real

...Is on the Hendo Bandwagon

• 1000+ posts
  • 2,844 posts
  • Joined 28-March 06
Another good interview got a quick question besides ESPN like you said what other TV shows do you watch? if you mention The Wire, Prison Break, or Sopranos you're my new favorite poster :biggrin: I know we have some fans of that show on here already in Zig and Bumpus.

Posted Image

RIP Michael Jackson & Steve McNair

#11 ohara831 Posted 03 July 2008 - 04:40 PM

ohara831

• 1000+ posts
  • 5,429 posts
  • Joined 24-May 06
Dexter (on Showtime), The Tudors (on Showtime), Outer Limits episodes, Twilight Zone episodes - all are my favorites. Also loved Stargate SG-1 and Stargate Atlantis, Saving Grace, Star Trek and Next Generation. Then, I watch a lot of shows with my wife like HGTV or Jon & Kate Plus 8. These and Sports are mostly the TV I'll watch.

Edited by ohara831, 03 July 2008 - 05:09 PM.

#12 Muttley Posted 03 July 2008 - 10:33 PM

Muttley

The Mean Machine 00

• 1000+ posts
  • 2,662 posts
  • Joined 22-June 07
Another good interview. Good quality people here on the planet. Very nice to meet you, again, OHara.

#13 EvetsMorrison15 Posted 04 July 2008 - 12:19 AM

EvetsMorrison15

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts
  • Joined 15-May 07
What's your favorite music? ( Bands )

Have you seen anyone good live?
Posted Image

#14 timang Posted 04 July 2008 - 02:04 AM

timang

Stephen "Captain" Jackson

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 798 posts
  • Joined 09-April 07
what position do you play in a basketball game? what nba player do you think you model you game into if ever there is one? thanks!

awesome interview by the way. :cool:

Posted ImageTADSZ

#15 ohara831 Posted 04 July 2008 - 07:11 AM

ohara831

• 1000+ posts
  • 5,429 posts
  • Joined 24-May 06
Although I might have 1/50 of his talent, I always loved Charles Barkley. The "round mound of rebound". I am just a hair under 5-11, and in Law School I was 210 lbs. Just loved playing very solid man to man Defense, and I would crash the boards like there was no tomorrow. Scoring was fun, but I had much more fun stopping other guys on the court whom I know were all about the Offense. *The only difference is out there on the public courts in LA, I didn't talk trash like Barkley. Just kept my mouth shut and played the game hard.

#16 ohara831 Posted 04 July 2008 - 07:24 AM

ohara831

• 1000+ posts
  • 5,429 posts
  • Joined 24-May 06
Bands I've Seen: I love The Eagles and saw them live a few years ago in Charlotte. Seen Bob Seegar, Hank Williams Jr., Van Halen (with Roth, not Hagar), Cheap Trick

My taste in music is more Classic Rock. I am a huge Jimi Hendrix fan. The Band, Van Morrison, Bob Dylan, Clapton, The Stones, etc... Love Pink Floyd, too. Love musicians like Gordon Lightfoot and Jim Croce as well (God Rest His Soul) I enjoy listening to some Blues like BB King, Bo Didley And Stevie Ray Vaughn (God Rest His Soul, too). Some people try to classify Vaughn as Rock, but when he died I saw an interview with BB KIng who said Vaughn was much more into the Blues and the Blues community loved him. Ate at BB Kings place in Memphis a few years ago. Great food, but it cant be good for your arteries!

Feel free to check out my Playlist on My Space. I left the link above for you.

#17 Muttley Posted 04 July 2008 - 09:30 AM

Muttley

The Mean Machine 00

• 1000+ posts
  • 2,662 posts
  • Joined 22-June 07

Bands I've Seen: I love The Eagles and saw them live a few years ago in Charlotte. Seen Bob Seegar, Hank Williams Jr., Van Halen (with Roth, not Hagar), Cheap Trick

My taste in music is more Classic Rock. I am a huge Jimi Hendrix fan. The Band, Van Morrison, Bob Dylan, Clapton, The Stones, etc... Love Pink Floyd, too. Love musicians like Gordon Lightfoot and Jim Croce as well (God Rest His Soul) I enjoy listening to some Blues like BB King, Bo Didley And Stevie Ray Vaughn (God Rest His Soul, too). Some people try to classify Vaughn as Rock, but when he died I saw an interview with BB KIng who said Vaughn was much more into the Blues and the Blues community loved him. Ate at BB Kings place in Memphis a few years ago. Great food, but it cant be good for your arteries!

Feel free to check out my Playlist on My Space. I left the link above for you.

Wow, solid selections. The Band, BB King and SRV are a few of my favorites. I saw BB King play in Raleigh when I was younger and I've always aspired to be his kind of guitarist. So effortless, but at the same time lyrically emotional.

Have you started making your kids watch Bobcats games yet? It's never to early to impress your fanhood on them.

#18 ohara831 Posted 04 July 2008 - 12:08 PM

ohara831

• 1000+ posts
  • 5,429 posts
  • Joined 24-May 06
Well. my son was just born on 11/16/07, so he's not watching games - yet. My daughter is now 8 and has been watching with me for the last 2 years. But when games come on at 7:00 or 7:30, so can't watch more than 1/2 because school takes the priority and I get her up during school at 5:30. If she's not in bed by 8:30, she's the dickens to wake up the next morning to get her to eat breakfast!

You are lucky to have seen BB King play live. Great artist!

EDIT: I cannot believe I had such a brain lapse!!! I left off my favorite musician - Kris Kristofferson. His lyrics and the music and his timing are just so great. He truly is a genius. If you are not familiar, get the Essential Kris Kristofferson. Great great CD!

Edited by ohara831, 04 July 2008 - 02:03 PM.

#19 Muttley Posted 04 July 2008 - 03:03 PM

Muttley

The Mean Machine 00

• 1000+ posts
  • 2,662 posts
  • Joined 22-June 07
Oh, I understand all the child stuff completely. Their development is much more important, clearly, but it's still never too early. I come from a Wolfpack Family and my cousin refused to let his baby come home in anything other than an NCSU one-piece. The best picture I ever took was my baby pictures in an NCSU hoodie and sweat pants. (It was 1983 and my parents both went to state, was there any other choice?) I had snot dribbling all down my face but it was still the best I've looked in front of a camera.

What's my point? It's never too early. Heck, NCSU pays my bills to this day.

#20 EvetsMorrison15 Posted 04 July 2008 - 05:36 PM

EvetsMorrison15

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts
  • Joined 15-May 07
I'm a Big Van Halen fan. No matter who sings. They all added great things to the band.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users