18 replies to this topic

#1 Brad Posted 19 December 2008 - 11:42 AM

Brad

The Dust Chip

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts
  • Joined 28-June 07
This game is for the #1 seed in the NFC. Win, and the Panthers get essentially a week off next week against the Saints. A win means that the Carolina Panthers will have sewn up the NFC and the road to the Super Bowl comes through Charlotte, with potentially two games in January IN Charlotte.

The NFC championship would be the biggest sporting event ever held in Charlotte with a Charlotte-based team participating. Since the Super Bowl probably never will be held in Charlotte, this is probably the biggest sporting event possible in Charlotte, actually.

But it all boils down to this game against the Giants. Win, and they are in. Lose, and they just might be at home in January.

Such is the NFL.

#2 Muttley Posted 19 December 2008 - 12:08 PM

Muttley

The Mean Machine 00

• 1000+ posts
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,662 posts
  • Joined 22-June 07
I'm really excited for this game. If the Panthers play the way they did against Tampa Bay, with that intensity and focus, then the game should be as good as theirs. I think it's going to be a matter of o-line play (it always is, isn't it?). This is probably true of any team, but if the line finishes with very few penalties and they give Jake enough time to make good decisions, then we win.

Dear Panthers,

Go out and make it happen!

Sincerely,
Your Fans

#3 CarolinaKat Posted 19 December 2008 - 06:40 PM

CarolinaKat

The Mouth of the South

• 1000+ posts
  • 3,469 posts
  • Joined 04-February 11
  • LocationSyracuse, New York 😢
Not that i'm packing in the season or playoffs but this had been a great year starting with GAME 1. The last couple yrs everyone been hurt, we didn't have the right mix,alot of things. But this yr has to be the best team they have ever put on the field. We are all around good except for punt and kick return, still no TD's. Otah was worth trading next year 1st rd pick, Still need a better back up for Jack.
I just want to Thank the Panthers for not having another horrible season

#4 ammofan Posted 19 December 2008 - 06:45 PM

ammofan

Air Ammo

• 1000+ posts
  • 4,020 posts
  • Joined 31-December 06
woohoo!!!!!!!
Go cats!!!!

#5 Dead_Real Posted 19 December 2008 - 09:42 PM

Dead_Real

...Is on the Hendo Bandwagon

• 1000+ posts
  • 2,844 posts
  • Joined 28-March 06
Things will be interesting if it's a snow game like they're predicting it to be reguardless if we pressure Ely like the Cowgirls did last week & the Bruise Brothers bring their A game we should get 12 wins.

Jacobs scares me a bit even though he's less than 100%

#6 playoffs...PLAYOFFS? Posted 20 December 2008 - 06:08 PM

playoffs...PLAYOFFS?

The All-Knowing All-Seeing Cho

• 1000+ posts
  • 1,115 posts
  • Joined 22-October 08
anyone else read in the observer that jake had never played in snow?

this is awesome to have a game like this coming up for us....i'd like to think we will win, but it will be tough

#7 Muttley Posted 20 December 2008 - 11:10 PM

Muttley

The Mean Machine 00

• 1000+ posts
  • 2,662 posts
  • Joined 22-June 07
It will be tough, and the possibility does exist that they won't win, but you have to admit that it's been damn hard to bet against the Panthers this year.

I still think they pull out the win tomorrow.

#8 Shrimpy_Jackson Posted 21 December 2008 - 04:39 PM

Shrimpy_Jackson

Shawn "My knee is fine now, Thank you very much" Livingston

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 243 posts
  • Joined 29-June 07
Fuck yeah! I'm so fucking pumped about this game! Football and the Panthers are my numero uno interests so this game is going to be tons of fun. I don't really care who wins so long as it's a hard fought game. I don't think Jacobs'll be able to do too much honestly, I mean I saw him hurt his knee that last game he was in and it was just a simple shot to his legs that put him down hard. So the likelyhood of Beason or Davis smashing into him makes me think it might be a short night for him. I'm hoping for Smitty to have a few quick catches to start the game opening up the run a bit, I figure Deangelo will hit another 20+ rush or two and Jake won't throw but 1 int!!! I'm hoping Manning is hit all day long but they'll shore up that O-line after the shitkicking the cowboys gave them. Anyways that's my stoner look into tonight's game! I say 24-17 Panthers

#9 ReesieNCPantherCatfan1 Posted 21 December 2008 - 05:17 PM

ReesieNCPantherCatfan1

Nazr "Illmatic" Mohammed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 196 posts
  • Joined 10-October 07
I think we will take it, and Jake will come out slinging. I bet the G-men have been gameplanning for crash and smash (or razzle and dazzle), and I bet Fox will try to keep them on their heels with the passing game from the outset. With no Plax, and Jacobs with a bum knee I like our chances. I also love how everyone (media) is picking the giants, and how people STILL say the NFC east is the best, even though they might only have 1 team in the playoffs (with potentially 3 from the south). I think tonight we will prove them wrong. Worst case we still get a first round bye if we lose and beat NO, but I think we will win both of these. Man am I psyched, this is the biggest regular season game the panthers have ever played, including vs SF in 1996 and TB in 2003.

#10 Brad Posted 21 December 2008 - 06:35 PM

Brad

The Dust Chip

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts
  • Joined 28-June 07
Doesn't look like there will be snow, but they are under a high wind advisory starting at 6pm, with gusts near hurricane levels.

That'll be great for our sometimes wobbling duck pass throwing QB :D

I hope they can contain Jacobs, or else it could be a long night.

#11 Dead_Real Posted 21 December 2008 - 09:43 PM

Dead_Real

• 1000+ posts
  • 2,844 posts
  • Joined 28-March 06
Great start Dash is fucking amazing already 3 TD's tonight

Hopefully the Stew injury isn't to serious

#12 Dead_Real Posted 21 December 2008 - 11:38 PM

Dead_Real

• 1000+ posts
  • 2,844 posts
  • Joined 28-March 06
That was a tough loss the D looked tired & just folded in OT I guess we'll get our revenge in the playoffs

#13 ALuhrs704 Posted 22 December 2008 - 12:05 AM

ALuhrs704

Shawn "My knee is fine now, Thank you very much" Livingston

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 276 posts
  • Joined 11-December 08
DAMN. we shoulda won this one. Kemeatu wouldve made a huge difference tho...... Fox will have them boys hungry for the playoffs.
Tunechi be the Wallace that from the Metropolis.... Gerald Wallace 4 president. Twitter:Luhrsmania

#14 Muttley Posted 22 December 2008 - 09:13 AM

Muttley

The Mean Machine 00

• 1000+ posts
  • 2,662 posts
  • Joined 22-June 07

That was a tough loss the D looked tired & just folded in OT I guess we'll get our revenge in the playoffs

That's how I'm looking at it. They Panthers will want it even more next time we see the Giants. It was a well-played game by both sides. If anything, I kinda wish we didn't score as quickly in the 1st half as we did. Our drives were all quick, where the Giants' drives were slow and methodical. Letting your defense rest is critical.

#15 Brad Posted 22 December 2008 - 02:02 PM

Brad

The Dust Chip

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts
  • Joined 28-June 07
They already were without Kemo and Lewis injured his shoulder during the course of the game. You basically came down to undrafted FA Gary Gibson, over the hill Darwin Walker and 7th round pick practice squad player playing in his first game ever Nick Hayden at DT against one of the best and most punishing rushing attacks in the NFL.

Still, Panthers had a shot to win it in regulation and missed. It happens.

It was a good game, at least.

#16 krazyrumpshaker Posted 23 December 2008 - 02:20 PM

krazyrumpshaker

Sean May... Krispy-Kreme MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 299 posts
  • Joined 07-November 08
i just hope they win this week and lock up 2nd place. dont the falcons have a chance if they win and the panthers lose?
Insert funny or thought provoking quote here.

#17 Muttley Posted 23 December 2008 - 02:43 PM

Muttley

The Mean Machine 00

• 1000+ posts
  • 2,662 posts
  • Joined 22-June 07

i just hope they win this week and lock up 2nd place. dont the falcons have a chance if they win and the panthers lose?

Yeah, I heard something about how the Panthers could end up 5th.

#18 krazyrumpshaker Posted 23 December 2008 - 09:39 PM

krazyrumpshaker

Sean May... Krispy-Kreme MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 299 posts
  • Joined 07-November 08

Yeah, I heard something about how the Panthers could end up 5th.

wouldnt that be just like them to go from 1st place to 5th in the last 2 weeks of the season. if anyone can fall apart that bad, it would be us.
Insert funny or thought provoking quote here.

#19 davcbow Posted 25 December 2008 - 08:07 AM

davcbow

Waiting on Hugo's return!

• 1000+ posts
  • 4,484 posts
  • Joined 22-August 07
I feel we blew it because the play calling got too conservative in the 2nd half of the game which let the Giants get back into it, then our defense got tired and we blew it in OT.

......Go Hornets!!!!! .. :cool:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users