#1 CrazyCarl139 Posted 23 February 2011 - 11:52 AM

CrazyCarl139

The Dust Chip

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts
  • Joined 15-January 11
From Chad Ford:

The Charlotte Bobcats seem intent on moving Gerald Wallace to a new team by the Thursday deadline and have aggressively courted the Mavericks, Rockets, Clippers, Pacers and Cavs. The asking price has been an expiring contract and a protected first-round pick.

So far they've been unable to get a team to bite, though there have been rumblings Wednesday morning that the Cavs may use their $14.5 million trade exception generated in the LeBron James sign-and-trade this summer to land Wallace by the deadline.

#2 CatNation Posted 23 February 2011 - 11:58 AM

CatNation

Kemba isn't a 6th man

• 1000+ posts
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,549 posts
  • Joined 24-September 09
I would love to see MJ try to explain to the season ticket holders how we moved THE franchise, the Force, the captain for nothing. he would probably be too ashamed to hold a press conference. it would be a Higgins and Whitfield phone conference. What a disgrace

#3 ammofan Posted 23 February 2011 - 12:00 PM

ammofan

The All-Knowing All-Seeing Beagle

• 1000+ posts
  • 4,028 posts
  • Joined 31-December 06

I would love to see MJ try to explain to the season ticket holders how we moved THE franchise, the Force, the captain for nothing. he would probably be too ashamed to hold a press conference. it would be a Higgins and Whitfield phone conference. What a disgrace

Yea it wouldn't be pretty.

#4 BRNC Posted 23 February 2011 - 12:10 PM

BRNC

• Honorary Beagle

• 4,565 posts
  • Joined 09-January 10
  • LocationBlowing Rock, NC
I get the "bad feeling" that one of the four teams; Mavs, Nuggets, Rockets, or Cavs will blink and give what we're asking...I hope for Crash it is not the Cavs...

#5 ebrown Posted 23 February 2011 - 12:12 PM

ebrown

Nazr "Illmatic" Mohammed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts
  • Joined 30-October 09
I don't understand the reasoning behind this. What are we not seeing here?

#6 BRNC Posted 23 February 2011 - 12:14 PM

BRNC

• Honorary Beagle

• 4,565 posts
  • Joined 09-January 10

I don't understand the reasoning behind this. What are we not seeing here?

...not sure what you mean e...but from reports we're trying to dump salary...specifically packaging Crash with Doris....

#7 ebrown Posted 23 February 2011 - 12:18 PM

ebrown

Nazr "Illmatic" Mohammed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts
  • Joined 30-October 09
But to do what? Who are we going to get to come here? We have a coach that is going to rebuild for one year and then is gone? Doesn't make much sense.

#8 BRNC Posted 23 February 2011 - 12:19 PM

BRNC

• Honorary Beagle

• 4,565 posts
  • Joined 09-January 10
I'm not sure "salary dumps" ever make sense...except to dump salary....

#9 CatNation Posted 23 February 2011 - 12:22 PM

CatNation

Kemba isn't a 6th man

• 1000+ posts
  • 1,549 posts
  • Joined 24-September 09
Henderson has shown a lot lately, but I'm afraid of regression if he gets thrown into a bigger role too quickly. Then again, he has been playing the 4th quarters when the games really matter and has stepped up. maybe he is ready

#10 Polar Hornet Posted 23 February 2011 - 12:23 PM

Polar Hornet

• 1000+ posts
  • 1,117 posts
  • Joined 29-March 11
I'm not a Chad Ford guy anyway.... I feel like his information and/or analysis is garbage. That Cleveland rumor is almost a month old and he's recycling it so he can posture himself while other "insiders" are tweeting and posting their info. I don't doubt Wallace is being shopped and I feel like he and Diaw have probably played their last games in Bobcats uniforms, but we are not perceived well by ESPN. Sometimes it is as simple as it is.... we are getting burned in that deal and a team on the cusp of the playoffs doesn't make a deal like this at the deadline.

#11 ebrown Posted 23 February 2011 - 12:24 PM

ebrown

Nazr "Illmatic" Mohammed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts
  • Joined 30-October 09
It makes more sense to go for a playoff push than a rebuild right now.

#12 BRNC Posted 23 February 2011 - 12:25 PM

BRNC

• Honorary Beagle

• 4,565 posts
  • Joined 09-January 10
Polar...100% agree on the "Ford" evaluation...I'm more concerned about the other teams blinking...the Mavs and Rockets almost "have" to make a move...and Crash is probably the best player available...

#13 ammofan Posted 23 February 2011 - 12:26 PM

ammofan

• 1000+ posts
  • 4,028 posts
  • Joined 31-December 06

Henderson has shown a lot lately, but I'm afraid of regression if he gets thrown into a bigger role too quickly. Then again, he has been playing the 4th quarters when the games really matter and has stepped up. maybe he is ready

His stats were just as good as Jack last night...He's ready.

I think that's why Gerald is being shopped. Hendo is more similar to Crash than Jack and he is putting up similar numbers to Crash...off the bench. We still need to get good players in return for GW tho.

#14 CatNation Posted 23 February 2011 - 12:26 PM

CatNation

Kemba isn't a 6th man

• 1000+ posts
  • 1,549 posts
  • Joined 24-September 09
we are really in a bad spot. its too late to tank now, but we will have to rebuild eventually. but if we push for the playoffs this year and dont get a lottery pick, we wont have another one of our own until 2013. so what do we do next year? push for 8th again?

#15 Polar Hornet Posted 23 February 2011 - 12:34 PM

Polar Hornet

• 1000+ posts
  • 1,117 posts
  • Joined 29-March 11
BRNC, I'm with you on Houston. I hope that's our partner and we can pull an expiring (Yao), Hill and TWill for Wallace. I also think Denver would be good with us if they quit trying to squeeze everything out of their respective trade partner. The deal with the Knicks could've been done without Chandler or without Mozgov. I wouldn't mind shooting pool with Denver since Wallace would be a nice consolation prize in losing 'Melo.

#16 BRNC Posted 23 February 2011 - 12:36 PM

BRNC

• Honorary Beagle

• 4,565 posts
  • Joined 09-January 10
Polar...if I have to pick those are my two also...

#17 CatNation Posted 23 February 2011 - 12:40 PM

CatNation

Kemba isn't a 6th man

• 1000+ posts
  • 1,549 posts
  • Joined 24-September 09
if we got terrence everything would be okay

#18 murphman Posted 23 February 2011 - 01:17 PM

murphman

Ajinca (French for wasted draft pick)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 484 posts
  • Joined 21-May 08
The 2012 pick to Chicago is lottery protected.

#19 CrazyCarl139 Posted 23 February 2011 - 01:28 PM

CrazyCarl139

The Dust Chip

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts
  • Joined 15-January 11
1st - the reason that the Bobcats are looking to dump salary is not to get under the cap to sign a free agent. They want to dump salary so that the franchise isn't finishing the season in the red. The less money they pay to players, the less money they lose.

In my opinion, this is a ridicilous concept. The way to not lose money is to sell tickets. The way to sell tickets is to put a winning team on the court. So, a salary dump might help right now, but they will just continue to lose money over the years without a good team.

2nd - Darly Morey said he has two deals on the table. One is for a draft pick (I'm assuming that's from Chicago, for Courtney Lee). The second deal is for an impact player....could this be Crash???

#20 ammofan Posted 23 February 2011 - 01:30 PM

ammofan

• 1000+ posts
  • 4,028 posts
  • Joined 31-December 06

1st - the reason that the Bobcats are looking to dump salary is not to get under the cap to sign a free agent. They want to dump salary so that the franchise isn't finishing the season in the red. The less money they pay to players, the less money they lose.

In my opinion, this is a ridicilous concept. The way to not lose money is to sell tickets. The way to sell tickets is to put a winning team on the court. So, a salary dump might help right now, but they will just continue to lose money over the years without a good team.

2nd - Darly Morey said he has two deals on the table. One is for a draft pick (I'm assuming that's from Chicago, for Courtney Lee). The second deal is for an impact player....could this be Crash???

I bet it is crash......

But where did you hear that from?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users