Discuss Below!

#2 Keetch Posted 20 January 2014 - 12:17 PM

Keetch

The All-Knowing All-Seeing Cho

• 1000+ posts
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,609 posts
  • Joined 31-August 06
MAJOR MANCRUSH. Instant fan of whatever team he signs with.
Rollin' in Doh

#3 MrsZeller Posted 20 January 2014 - 01:19 PM

MrsZeller

The Dust Chip

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • Joined 10-July 13
I think Embiid is going to become the best center this league has seen since the prime of Shaq but I think he is going to be a lot more like Hakeem. Kid is crazy talented and if the Cats miraculously won the lottery I would have a very, very hard time not taking him #1 Overall.

#4 Polar Hornet Posted 20 January 2014 - 06:50 PM

Polar Hornet

• 1000+ posts
  • 1,117 posts
  • Joined 29-March 11
I like this kid a lot and he can learn with less pressure behind Big Al. In a year, Jefferson can be slid to PF and we'd have a crazy front court. Plus Ewing would be an amazing tutor as well. If we were to win the lottery, I would have a hard time being mad if we took him. I like Parker and Wiggins better, but not by much.

#5 MrsZeller Posted 20 January 2014 - 08:28 PM

MrsZeller

The Dust Chip

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • Joined 10-July 13

I like this kid a lot and he can learn with less pressure behind Big Al. In a year, Jefferson can be slid to PF and we'd have a crazy front court. Plus Ewing would be an amazing tutor as well. If we were to win the lottery, I would have a hard time being mad if we took him. I like Parker and Wiggins better, but not by much.

It would be nearly impossible for me to choose if I had the option to pick from those three...and I have a feeling the Lakers are going to win the lottery with a "frozen" ping pong ball to get the heir apparent to Kobe.

#6 BrotherDave Posted 21 January 2014 - 11:59 PM

BrotherDave

Dude, where's my car?

• 1000+ posts
  • 2,009 posts
  • Joined 01-June 12
  • LocationPJ's hood

I think Embiid is going to become the best center this league has seen since the prime of Shaq but I think he is going to be a lot more like Hakeem. Kid is crazy talented and if the Cats miraculously won the lottery I would have a very, very hard time not taking him #1 Overall.

Nowhere near the athlete or defender that Hakeem was. Hakeem was quick enough to guard SFs, he was that versatile.

Jefferson can't guard C's much less PF's. Embiid doesn't have the lateral quickness to play PF either, so if we drafted Embiid it would be a burden of riches unless one or the other got moved.

If Charlotte drafted Embiid, I'd fully expect them to be drafting him for another team's pick (like Wiggins, Exum, etc) plus a win-now veteran.

He's definitely the best offensive, true center prospect to come out since Oden probably. Should go top 3 since teams picking that high almost always need a Center.

Hornets hipster:  Hated Al Jefferson before it was cool.

#7 jaylb311 Posted 22 January 2014 - 12:47 AM

jaylb311

Primoz "Gangsta" Brezec

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts
  • Joined 20-January 14
he is a guy you draft no matter what your team needs
dont think we will be in a position to draft him

#8 MrsZeller Posted 22 January 2014 - 10:57 AM

MrsZeller

The Dust Chip

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • Joined 10-July 13
Remember he is only 19 years old!! And I would be careful about questioning what type of athlete this guy is. I watched him steal a ball at midcourt and do a crossover dribble past a guy and slam it with his left hand...

#9 ziggy Posted 22 January 2014 - 08:16 PM

ziggy

Administrator

• Administrators

• 13,335 posts
  • Joined 05-January 06
Embiid can even give you a little dream shake!!

Help support HornetsPlanet by using our affiliate link for your Amazon shopping needs!

#10 BrotherDave Posted 22 January 2014 - 11:05 PM

BrotherDave

Dude, where's my car?

• 1000+ posts
  • 2,009 posts
  • Joined 01-June 12
  • LocationPJ's hood

Remember he is only 19 years old!! And I would be careful about questioning what type of athlete this guy is. I watched him steal a ball at midcourt and do a crossover dribble past a guy and slam it with his left hand...

That's coordination, not athleticism. ;) Don't get me wrong, he's arguably a no. 1 pick but fit wise we'd have a logjam at center. MJ wants to win now, I don't think big man projects are on their radar, especially since they passed on Drummond last year.

#11 Keetch Posted 23 January 2014 - 08:17 AM

Keetch

• 1000+ posts
  • 1,609 posts
  • Joined 31-August 06
If by some miracle we have the opportunity to draft Embiid - and we don't; I'd never forgive them. "Logjam" or not.
Rollin' in Doh

#12 MrsZeller Posted 24 January 2014 - 11:50 AM

MrsZeller

The Dust Chip

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • Joined 10-July 13

If by some miracle we have the opportunity to draft Embiid - and we don't; I'd never forgive them. "Logjam" or not.

I agree. Guy is going to be a 20 ppg, 12 rpg, 3 bpg monster by his 3rd year in the NBA.

#13 @JPlowright_NBA Posted 24 January 2014 - 03:14 PM

@JPlowright_NBA

Anthony "Dagger Three" Tolliver

• Honorary Beagle

• 5,048 posts
  • Joined 12-August 10
  • LocationManchester, United Kingdom

I agree. Guy is going to be a 20 ppg, 12 rpg, 3 bpg monster by his 3rd year in the NBA.

Do you know how many people average that in the NBA now? None.

I think the stats and "all star" label is thrown around wayyy to much
Passionate English basketball journalist, for thought provoking tweets about your Hornets follow me here:- @JPlowright_NBA

I Cover the Hornets for ESPN True Hoop site Queen City Hoops, Founder of TheLotteryMafia.com

#14 BrotherDave Posted 24 January 2014 - 11:20 PM

BrotherDave

Dude, where's my car?

• 1000+ posts
  • 2,009 posts
  • Joined 01-June 12
  • LocationPJ's hood
Yeah, I'm just saying if the Cat's drafted Embiid, it would be a noticeable change in the FO's direction and would absolutely result in one of the following:

A) Embiid being traded for "Cho's guy" lower in the draft plus assets (savvy move, getting the guy you want at a better price)
B) Trading Al Jefferson to fill other needs (not likely but honestly we'd be better off. Big Al and Embiid is too much redundancy)
C) Trading Bismack to clear space for Embiid to be the backup (likely but not ideal b/c Biz in a contract year has little value and smart GMs will just wait until he hits the open market to bid on him).

We've got a lot more holes in the roster to fill than a project center can fill. I'm super pro-tank but at some point you have to stop rebuilding.

#15 GeraldWallaceMVP Posted 08 February 2018 - 09:18 PM

GeraldWallaceMVP

• 1000+ posts
  • 1,636 posts
  • Joined 23-February 15
  • LocationQueen City, Charlotte NC

If only we got him

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users