14 replies to this topic

#1 ziggy Posted 13 June 2014 - 05:46 AM

ziggy

Administrator

• Administrators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,346 posts
  • Joined 05-January 06

James and Bosh both can still play at a high level, but Wade is CLEARLY done... He is the "weak link".

With that being said, do you see Bosh and James opting out this summer? Wade is going to use up a huge portion of their cap space and from this point on in his career he isn't going to be able to play up to his salary level.

If James/Bosh opt out. How does that benefit us? Does it push other players towards us since there will be more layers on the market? Does it make Bosh take more than a quick look at us?

What impact does this have on the Hornets free agency this summer?

Help support HornetsPlanet by using our affiliate link for your Amazon shopping needs!

#2 Chef Posted 13 June 2014 - 06:09 AM

Chef

The All-Knowing All-Seeing Cho

• Honorary Beagle

• 9,138 posts
  • Joined 29-February 08

James and Bosh both can still play at a high level, but Wade is CLEARLY done... He is the "weak link".

With that being said, do you see Bosh and James opting out this summer? Wade is going to use up a huge portion of their cap space and from this point on in his career he isn't going to be able to play up to his salary level.

If James/Bosh opt out. How does that benefit us? Does it push other players towards us since there will be more layers on the market? Does it make Bosh take more than a quick look at us?

What impact does this have on the Hornets free agency this summer?

weak link salary wise, but i think it is no secret he has been playing below his pay grade for a year and a half. the bigger issue is that the "big 3" concept is no match for the spurs system and ability to go 10 deep. the limiting factor this series is pg, center/pf and the bench. the heat are completely out gunned. now, if wade restructures to a cap friendly 5y/9m (vs 41 mil over next 2y) per contract  and change bosh's to 5y/12mil (42m over 2y) and they drop the notion of adding melo, they could do something like add:

lowry or (pipedream) eric bledsoe or (go cheaper) dj augustin

stuckey (2nd unit) or sessions

jordan hill

gasol and jermaine o'neal (back up)

thabo sefalosha

basically, get deeper so that lebron doesn't feel as big a burden, relegate wade to no more than 20 min per game. feature bosh as the 2nd primary ball toucher and move him back to the mid-post area. i would get rid of everyone i could. i would restructure haslem's contract from 4.6 this coming year (player option) to 2.5m/2m/minimum.

of course this all pre-supposes bron, wade and bosh want to keep the band together

#3 alfie6 Posted 13 June 2014 - 07:21 AM

alfie6

The Dust Chip

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 210 posts
  • Joined 19-December 12

i really dont see them breaking up a team that reached the finals 4 straight times because of this misstep. Bosh has already stated that he want to stay and will take less money to do so. Dont see James leaving his tight crew in Miami and he is already taking a lower salary. Wade will be interesting, I see him coming off the bench maybe. Pat Riley and crew definitely have something up their sleeves, they always do. I dont know if its Melo or some other moves but I see the team going at it one more time.  

Bosh is definitely not moving unless he is pushed out. 

#4 @JPlowright_NBA Posted 13 June 2014 - 08:34 AM

@JPlowright_NBA

Anthony "Dagger Three" Tolliver

• Honorary Beagle

• 5,048 posts
  • Joined 12-August 10
  • LocationManchester, United Kingdom

If they go down 4-1, I see some sort of re-shuffle happening, they're not going to just bring the old band back together another year older, Pat Riley is too smart for that. So I don't know who/if they would opt out, if they would re-sign for less, if Melo is a legit option, all I know is something will happen

Passionate English basketball journalist, for thought provoking tweets about your Hornets follow me here:- @JPlowright_NBA

I Cover the Hornets for ESPN True Hoop site Queen City Hoops, Founder of TheLotteryMafia.com

#5 spectre Posted 13 June 2014 - 10:49 AM

spectre

For Rent

• Moderators

• 10,477 posts
  • Joined 14-February 07

I don't see how Melo could work unless Miami renounced everyone, the big 3 all opted out and then they and Melo signed for like 16 million (each taking about a 4 million per year cut)...which would put them right at the cap and all they'd have left is vet min guys.

If they lose I do think they're more apt to stick in Miami though...so no more Bosh dreams.

Hope Resurrected: "I think I can bring an attitude to a team as far as, All right, no matter what, we are not losing this game'." - Kemba Walker

"Its okay to be bad; just so long as you're bad ass." - Keetch

"I don't care if he uses a sophisticated pulley and tackle system to get his shot off if the bitch goes in.
"-Mustachio

"I'm a Pistons fan now. The Hornets are boring and I hate 3/4s of the players."  Brother Dave on 3/11/16.

#6 ohara831 Posted 13 June 2014 - 10:54 AM

ohara831

• 1000+ posts
  • 5,429 posts
  • Joined 24-May 06

I can see them all 3 opt out, but Riley is sneaky and does not re sign Wade.  Signing Melo to Wade's portion will make them as strong a Big 3 as they were.  Just not sure if Melo can co exist with James as he will want the ball more than James may prefer. 

#7 ziggy Posted 13 June 2014 - 10:56 AM

ziggy

Administrator

• Administrators

• 13,346 posts
  • Joined 05-January 06

I can see them all 3 opt out, but Riley is sneaky and does not re sign Wade. Signing Melo to Wade's portion will make them as strong a Big 3 as they were. Just not sure if Melo can co exist with James as he will want the ball more than James may prefer.

I think Wade is too smart to opt out at this point. He probably realizes that he needs to take the money that's already on the table.

Help support HornetsPlanet by using our affiliate link for your Amazon shopping needs!

#8 Scottley Crue Posted 13 June 2014 - 11:40 AM

Scottley Crue

• 1000+ posts
  • 1,560 posts
  • Joined 06-January 14

I don't see how Melo could work unless Miami renounced everyone, the big 3 all opted out and then they and Melo signed for like 16 million (each taking about a 4 million per year cut)...which would put them right at the cap and all they'd have left is vet min guys.

If they lose I do think they're more apt to stick in Miami though...so no more Bosh dreams.

I found these two articles yesterday explaining ways the Heat could do it. It would certainly involve the main players leaving a ton of money on the table in order to have anything to sign the remaining 8 - 11 players. It'd mainly comes down to if they're willing to do that. In theory, it's one thing to talk about giving up money, it's another when the actual number left on the table is presented on paper. Time will tell, though.

http://www.sbnation....-nba-salary-cap

http://probasketball...armelo-anthony/

#9 Airtank Posted 13 June 2014 - 11:57 AM

Airtank

Sean May... Krispy-Kreme MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 775 posts
  • Joined 11-December 12
Bledsoe just might be the PG upgrade they're looking for.
Also Kaman, Riley seems to be a fan of him could be in the play for them.

#10 QC Thundercats Posted 13 June 2014 - 12:03 PM

QC Thundercats

Quality Control

• Honorary Beagle

• 2,044 posts
  • Joined 01-June 12

feature bosh as the 2nd primary ball toucher

I see what you did there.

bosh3.jpg?w=640

chris-boshs-epic-champagne-shower-remind

#11 Mich_Mercer Posted 13 June 2014 - 06:29 PM

Mich_Mercer

Jeff "Sure I'll Start" McInnis

• 1000+ posts
  • 1,126 posts
  • Joined 27-June 13
  • LocationWilmington, NC
If the Heat end up with Eric Bledsoe, I don't know what I would do. It would be so unfair to the rest of the league.... Not that it isn't already.

#12 iowabobcat Posted 13 June 2014 - 09:46 PM

iowabobcat

The Dust Chip

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 786 posts
  • Joined 31-May 12

Bledsoe just might be the PG upgrade they're looking for.
Also Kaman, Riley seems to be a fan of him could be in the play for them.

Bledsoe is a restricted free agent, Suns will most likely match any offer.

#13 Potato Posted 13 June 2014 - 11:21 PM

Potato

• 1000+ posts
  • 2,029 posts
  • Joined 03-May 12
LeBron to Charlotte

My opinions about my sports teams are almost as bad as my sports teams.  Rap music fan.

Hornets

Panthers

San Diego Padres

Liverpool

USMNT

#14 Mich_Mercer Posted 14 June 2014 - 01:39 PM

Mich_Mercer

Jeff "Sure I'll Start" McInnis

• 1000+ posts
  • 1,126 posts
  • Joined 27-June 13
  • LocationWilmington, NC
I could see Bosh coming here. I feel he is the forgotten guy out of the big three. It's really the big two.. I see Miami getting rid of Bosh and making a run at Melo. I also believe Bosh is a better player than he plays in Miami. He was a beast in Toronto and i think he would be a perfect fit for our team. That's just my thinking anyway.

#15 Mike Kidd-Trilchrist Posted 14 June 2014 - 10:28 PM

Mike Kidd-Trilchrist

• 1000+ posts
  • 1,214 posts
  • Joined 14-May 14
  • LocationGaffney, SC

Send LeBron to Charlotte...

But seriously I don't get the fascination with Bosh.

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: dwyane wade, chris bosh, lebron james, free agency

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users