200 replies to this topic

#1 buckets Posted 15 March 2016 - 03:24 PM

buckets

The All-Knowing All-Seeing Beagle

• Honorary Beagle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,987 posts
  • Joined 27-June 15

The Staircase and coincidentally the 30 for 30 on the Duke Lacrosse case. Both documentaries, both involve the Durham DA's office.

#Chodidthemath

#2 ziggy Posted 15 March 2016 - 07:07 PM

ziggy

Administrator

• Administrators

• 13,358 posts
  • Joined 05-January 06

Just finished bingeing Season 4 of House of Cards...

It was a good season, but it was hard to watch because every single character on the show is so, so, so hate-able.

Help support HornetsPlanet by using our affiliate link for your Amazon shopping needs!

#3 Ashevillelin Posted 15 March 2016 - 07:39 PM

Ashevillelin

Captain Jack

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts
  • Joined 16-July 15
  • LocationAsheville

Just finished bingeing Season 4 of House of Cards...

It was a good season, but it was hard to watch because every single character on the show is so, so, so hate-able.

Agreed. My wife wouldn't watch it with me for exactly that reason, but I can handle hating everyone so long as the show is well made.

#4 buckets Posted 17 March 2016 - 08:21 AM

buckets

• Honorary Beagle

• 4,987 posts
  • Joined 27-June 15
The Americans. Season 3 is available on Amazon, season 4 premiered last night on FX.
#Chodidthemath

#5 InProblematique Posted 17 March 2016 - 11:21 PM

InProblematique

Al's Questionable Shots Gave Me a Hangover

• Honorary Beagle

• 4,877 posts
  • Joined 05-June 13
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

The Americans. Season 3 is available on Amazon, season 4 premiered last night on FX.

I literally came here just now to post about The Americans.

Best show on TV right now.

Six Words/PP11

Posted Image

#6 buckets Posted 18 March 2016 - 12:33 AM

buckets

• Honorary Beagle

• 4,987 posts
  • Joined 27-June 15

Daredevil Season 2 drops within 90 minutes.

These series are gonna pile up with all the hoops right now. I haven't even watched House of Cards yet and still planning on Bosch Season 2.

#Chodidthemath

#7 Chef Posted 18 March 2016 - 06:03 AM

Chef

• Honorary Beagle

• 9,296 posts
  • Joined 29-February 08

leonard and hap on sundance is interesting through episode 2

#8 Swedd523 Posted 18 March 2016 - 06:31 AM

Swedd523

• Moderators

• 9,371 posts
  • Joined 18-June 09
I randomly clicked on something on Netflix and a title called "The Barkley Marathons" started playing.

I loved it. Documentary on what looks like a pretty crazy race that has only had 15 people COMPLETE the damn thing since its inception in 1986!

#9 ziggy Posted 18 March 2016 - 11:08 AM

ziggy

Administrator

• Administrators

• 13,358 posts
  • Joined 05-January 06

I randomly clicked on something on Netflix and a title called "The Barkley Marathons" started playing.

I loved it. Documentary on what looks like a pretty crazy race that has only had 15 people COMPLETE the damn thing since its inception in 1986!

SWedd, I just watched that last night.
Can you believe how bad their legs were jacked up after just 1 loop around the course?

I loved the entry fee of $1.60, a flannel shirt and a license plate.

Help support HornetsPlanet by using our affiliate link for your Amazon shopping needs!

#10 Swedd523 Posted 18 March 2016 - 11:37 AM

Swedd523

• Moderators

• 9,371 posts
  • Joined 18-June 09
Honestly it's really just a long land nav course sans ruck.

I've done about 60 miles over the course of 5 days carrying ~65lb and everyone looks pretty close to those guys at the end. Now it's a lot more weight, but an additional 40 miles at that constant elevation change would make things damn tough.

That trench foot and constant hunger from burning so many calories is real though. I would have told the one guy with the heel blister to use moleskin instead of popping it. And those "wait-a-minutes" just destroying your legs regardless of what you have on is the real deal. I tend to call them "son-of-a-bitches" personally.

I have a ton of respect for those people willing to do something like that just for the sake of the challenge, and I really liked the Little speech about enjoying life more after dealing with hardships and difficulties. That sort of message really resonates to me in a world today where nobody wants to work hard for anything

#11 Adam42R Posted 19 March 2016 - 09:52 AM

Adam42R

MKG's biggest fan

• Honorary Beagle

• 7,274 posts
  • Joined 22-December 10
Formula 1 and HAASF1Team. Welcome back to Formula 1 America! So damned excited to have a US entry back in the field. Go RoGro! Go Esteban!
Here comes McRoberts, the throw to Walker, it's in the aaaaaiiiiirrrr, YESSSSS! Bobcats win it! My my my, Kemba Walker. Steve Martin - Toronto 12/18/2013

#12 Chef Posted 20 March 2016 - 07:51 AM

Chef

• Honorary Beagle

• 9,296 posts
  • Joined 29-February 08

Honestly it's really just a long land nav course sans ruck.
I've done about 60 miles over the course of 5 days carrying ~65lb and everyone looks pretty close to those guys at the end. Now it's a lot more weight, but an additional 40 miles at that constant elevation change would make things damn tough.
That trench foot and constant hunger from burning so many calories is real though. I would have told the one guy with the heel blister to use moleskin instead of popping it. And those "wait-a-minutes" just destroying your legs regardless of what you have on is the real deal. I tend to call them "son-of-a-bitches" personally.
I have a ton of respect for those people willing to do something like that just for the sake of the challenge, and I really liked the Little speech about enjoying life more after dealing with hardships and difficulties. That sort of message really resonates to me in a world today where nobody wants to work hard for anything

It is crazy to me how you were like 13 when i first started on this board and now you are a complete badass

#13 Swedd523 Posted 20 March 2016 - 08:32 AM

Swedd523

• Moderators

• 9,371 posts
  • Joined 18-June 09

It is crazy to me how you were like 13 when i first started on this board and now you are a complete badass

Really makes you reevaluate life choices doesn't it? ;)

No but really, the life of a traveling vacuum cleaner salesman isn't that badass. I just like to destroy my body

#14 ziggy Posted 20 March 2016 - 08:59 AM

ziggy

Administrator

• Administrators

• 13,358 posts
  • Joined 05-January 06

One thing that it does is make some of the long time members (like me) feel pretty damned ancient.

Anybody else watching Daredevil season 2?   I'm loving it so far.

#15 Chef Posted 20 March 2016 - 09:07 AM

Chef

• Honorary Beagle

• 9,296 posts
  • Joined 29-February 08

Really makes you reevaluate life choices doesn't it? ;)
No but really, the life of a traveling vacuum cleaner salesman isn't that badass. I just like to destroy my body

Yeah that was a typo. Meant to finish with badass quota destroying, frequent flying miles getting salesman

#16 Swedd523 Posted 20 March 2016 - 12:06 PM

Swedd523

• Moderators

• 9,371 posts
  • Joined 18-June 09

One thing that it does is make some of the long time members (like me) feel pretty damned ancient.

Anybody else watching Daredevil season 2? I'm loving it so far.

Already crushed it. Wife fell asleep early the other night and I just powered through. I feel like they didn't do the Punisher Justice. Kinda made him a little too "undeveloped story, crazy PTSD former military dude" and not enough "cold, calculated straight up badass dude". He also got his ass beat a lot more than would seem necessary.

Casting was okay because I think Bernthal fits the role well, but I would've liked to have seen someone like Keanu Reeves or even Jeffrey Dean Morgan or Josh Brolin.

#17 ziggy Posted 20 March 2016 - 01:27 PM

ziggy

Administrator

• Administrators

• 13,358 posts
  • Joined 05-January 06

Already crushed it. Wife fell asleep early the other night and I just powered through. I feel like they didn't do the Punisher Justice. Kinda made him a little too "undeveloped story, crazy PTSD former military dude" and not enough "cold, calculated straight up badass dude". He also got his ass beat a lot more than would seem necessary.

Casting was okay because I think Bernthal fits the role well, but I would've liked to have seen someone like Keanu Reeves or even Jeffrey Dean Morgan or Josh Brolin.

I'm halfway through episode 10 right now. If I can keep the kids out of my fortress of solitude/basement tonight, I may try to plow through those last 3 & 1/2 episodes.

I'm hoping that in these last few episodes, we get a glimpse of Bullseye. He's the most interesting character in the Daredevil comic universe in my opinion.

#18 Swedd523 Posted 20 March 2016 - 02:03 PM

Swedd523

• Moderators

• 9,371 posts
  • Joined 18-June 09

Elektra turns me on in ways unexplainable

#19 ziggy Posted 20 March 2016 - 02:21 PM

ziggy

Administrator

• Administrators

• 13,358 posts
  • Joined 05-January 06

Elektra turns me on in ways unexplainable

I'd take the nurse Claire over Elektra... But neither would get kicked out.

#20 Swedd523 Posted 20 March 2016 - 02:35 PM

Swedd523

• Moderators

• 9,371 posts
  • Joined 18-June 09

oh yeah Rosario Dawson is definitely a jimmie rustler   :dribble:

dawson-queen-night.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users