#181 Adam42R Posted 10 April 2017 - 10:31 PM

Adam42R

MKG's biggest fan

• Honorary Beagle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,537 posts
  • Joined 22-December 10
Brockmire
Here comes McRoberts, the throw to Walker, it's in the aaaaaiiiiirrrr, YESSSSS! Bobcats win it! My my my, Kemba Walker. Steve Martin - Toronto 12/18/2013

#182 Adam42R Posted 22 February 2018 - 10:40 PM

Adam42R

MKG's biggest fan

• Honorary Beagle

• 7,537 posts
  • Joined 22-December 10

My 2018 entry - Altered Carbon on Netflix.  Really nice dark trippy show.  Makes me look forward to the return of The Expanse though they only share futuristic, manipulative and dark.

Here comes McRoberts, the throw to Walker, it's in the aaaaaiiiiirrrr, YESSSSS! Bobcats win it! My my my, Kemba Walker. Steve Martin - Toronto 12/18/2013

#183 ziggy Posted 23 February 2018 - 06:28 AM

ziggy

Administrator

• Administrators

• 13,367 posts
  • Joined 05-January 06

My 2018 entry - Altered Carbon on Netflix.  Really nice dark trippy show.  Makes me look forward to the return of The Expanse though they only share futuristic, manipulative and dark.

I've been on a sci-fi bender between Altered Carbon, Electric Dreams and Counterpart.

Any other sci-fi that I'm missing out on?

Help support HornetsPlanet by using our affiliate link for your Amazon shopping needs!

#184 Adam42R Posted 23 February 2018 - 10:22 PM

Adam42R

MKG's biggest fan

• Honorary Beagle

• 7,537 posts
  • Joined 22-December 10

Not much Sci-Fi for me outside of those mentioned.  I have been living off Marvel movies and comedies since Chapelle's came out on Netflix - Dave's were both really good, Trevor Noah was pretty good, Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee are entertaining (+/- depending on the guest), Donald Glover's was odd but interesting but it is fun anticipating the new Atlantas to come out.  

#185 GeraldWallaceMVP Posted 25 February 2018 - 06:55 PM

GeraldWallaceMVP

Dwight's Only Fan

• 1000+ posts
  • 2,259 posts
  • Joined 23-February 15
  • LocationQueen City, Charlotte NC
Just finished Narcos

#186 Adam42R Posted 25 February 2018 - 07:56 PM

Adam42R

MKG's biggest fan

• Honorary Beagle

• 7,537 posts
  • Joined 22-December 10
Just starting Dark Matter. Seems pretty cheesy early in.

#187 dnbman Posted 20 March 2018 - 08:33 PM

dnbman

Existential Crisis Manager

• Moderators

• 5,970 posts
  • Joined 25-June 07

the American system crumble. 

J/K

Black Mirror has been one of the only shows I've enjoyed lately. I'm bad at show watching.

#188 buckets Posted 28 April 2018 - 01:43 PM

buckets

The All-Knowing All-Seeing Beagle

• Honorary Beagle

• 4,987 posts
  • Joined 27-June 15

Comedy Central should do an emergency week of The Nightly Show. 

#Chodidthemath

#189 GeraldWallaceMVP Posted 05 May 2018 - 09:46 PM

GeraldWallaceMVP

Dwight's Only Fan

• 1000+ posts
  • 2,259 posts
  • Joined 23-February 15
  • LocationQueen City, Charlotte NC
Been watching the sopranos lately soo good

#190 buckets Posted 05 June 2018 - 09:47 PM

buckets

• Honorary Beagle

• 4,987 posts
  • Joined 27-June 15
Devil Wears Prada
#Chodidthemath

#191 Adam42R Posted 27 July 2018 - 11:27 PM

Adam42R

MKG's biggest fan

• Honorary Beagle

• 7,537 posts
  • Joined 22-December 10
In honor of Shark Week, had to throw on "Mermaids: The Body Found." Easily best fauxumentary ever.

#192 Keetch Posted 29 July 2018 - 08:02 AM

Keetch

The All-Knowing All-Seeing Cho

• 1000+ posts
  • 1,765 posts
  • Joined 31-August 06
Finished “Killing Eve” now into “Strike Back” and “Orphan Black” on Amazon Prime. All good.
Rollin' in Doh

#193 ziggy Posted 31 July 2018 - 05:51 AM

ziggy

Administrator

• Administrators

• 13,367 posts
  • Joined 05-January 06

I'm halfway through season 3 of Last Chance U on Netflix.

That coach is a gigantic asshole.

Help support HornetsPlanet by using our affiliate link for your Amazon shopping needs!

#194 Swedd523 Posted 31 July 2018 - 09:44 AM

Swedd523

• Moderators

• 9,382 posts
  • Joined 18-June 09

I'm halfway through season 3 of Last Chance U on Netflix.

That coach is a gigantic asshole.

On one hand I get it.  The QB in particular and a few other guys definitely approach the situation like "I'm too good to be here, I'm here for me and me alone", which is a HUGE no-go, and a lot of them don't realize that it really is their last chance, yet give zero fucks about going to class, giving any effort to help the team, passing drug tests, etc.

So you have to be a little rough on them to open their eyes or else they'll never get it.

But on the other, Coach is a straight up moron who thinks his coaching ability is much better than it actually is, and falls into the "I'm better than I really am" trap a lot of the players do.  And he's clearly tone deaf to his players tuning him out after the constant berating.  There's a place for the being tough, but once you pass that threshold, you lose guys quickly.

#195 ziggy Posted 31 July 2018 - 05:41 PM

ziggy

Administrator

• Administrators

• 13,367 posts
  • Joined 05-January 06

On one hand I get it.  The QB in particular and a few other guys definitely approach the situation like "I'm too good to be here, I'm here for me and me alone", which is a HUGE no-go, and a lot of them don't realize that it really is their last chance, yet give zero fucks about going to class, giving any effort to help the team, passing drug tests, etc.

So you have to be a little rough on them to open their eyes or else they'll never get it.

But on the other, Coach is a straight up moron who thinks his coaching ability is much better than it actually is, and falls into the "I'm better than I really am" trap a lot of the players do.  And he's clearly tone deaf to his players tuning him out after the constant berating.  There's a place for the being tough, but once you pass that threshold, you lose guys quickly.

The big thing that bothers me about him is that when things start to go bad, it's always somebody else's fault, It's never his.

My dream scenario for this show would be him getting fired mid-season and replaced by one of his assistants.

#196 Swedd523 Posted 31 July 2018 - 06:17 PM

Swedd523

• Moderators

• 9,382 posts
  • Joined 18-June 09

The big thing that bothers me about him is that when things start to go bad, it's always somebody else's fault, It's never his.

My dream scenario for this show would be him getting fired mid-season and replaced by one of his assistants.

I feel the exact same way.  The first game was "I don't even need to gameplan, I'm good enough to figure it out on the fly"

Things go bad and he's like "Fuck you go home, I got mine"

Then the shitbag QB audibles a few successful plays and the coach goes "...hey man don't make me look bad"

#197 Adam42R Posted 31 July 2018 - 09:12 PM

Adam42R

MKG's biggest fan

• Honorary Beagle

• 7,537 posts
  • Joined 22-December 10

I thought maybe I was missing something in S1 and that he was that hardass with a heart of gold or something and I just wasn't seeing it. Then in S2, I realized he was a self-absorbed POS hardass with no real plan and a heart of something rather useless. It held no further interest for me to further watch.  

#198 Buzzau Posted 01 August 2018 - 03:55 AM

Buzzau

Crash

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 659 posts
  • Joined 04-November 15
  • LocationMelbourne, Aus
I'm currently watching Killing Eve and Wentworth.

#199 Swedd523 Posted 01 August 2018 - 07:40 AM

Swedd523

• Moderators

• 9,382 posts
  • Joined 18-June 09

I thought maybe I was missing something in S1 and that he was that hardass with a heart of gold or something and I just wasn't seeing it. Then in S2, I realized he was a self-absorbed POS hardass with no real plan and a heart of something rather useless. It held no further interest for me to further watch.

Different school for S3

#200 Adam42R Posted 01 August 2018 - 11:45 AM

Adam42R

MKG's biggest fan

• Honorary Beagle

• 7,537 posts
  • Joined 22-December 10

Different school for S3

Good gracious, I thought Buddy was bad, I can't imagine you guys are talking about someone net new.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users