222 replies to this topic

#221 buckets Posted 23 October 2019 - 09:46 AM

buckets

The All-Knowing All-Seeing Beagle

• Honorary Beagle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,736 posts
  • Joined 27-June 15

i am the same way on joker. i have also sworn off super hero movies about 10 years ago. i think the bane batman was the last one i saw. i am protesting movies until hollywood starts making original things. it is sad when john wick is the best action movie in the last 15 years.

don't get me wrong, john wick is awesome. it is just that long since a non-super hero original movie has come out.

I just can’t get into Batman and never have. My mind starts wandering with all dreariness and forced eccentric villain stuff.
#Chodidthemath

#222 Adam42R Posted 29 October 2019 - 11:37 PM

Adam42R

MKG's biggest fan

• Honorary Beagle

• 9,380 posts
  • Joined 22-December 10
Watchmen continues to keep me pretty engaged. I like how the episodes end leaving me really wanting to peer around that next corner.

Super excited for The Mandelorian. Hate we still have two weeks to wait on it. Have somewhat enjoyed Resistance from afar as my son is really into it.

i am the same way on joker. i have also sworn off super hero movies about 10 years ago. i think the bane batman was the last one i saw. i am protesting movies until hollywood starts making original things. it is sad when john wick is the best action movie in the last 15 years.

don't get me wrong, john wick is awesome. it is just that long since a non-super hero original movie has come out.

I've watched Wick. I don't share your sense that it's better than superhero movies.

I think we forget how much Batman Begins first defined you could make a really great arc and story movie with this material. And Batman Dark Knight was incredibly intense and set the high bar for an adversary in these types of films. Wonder Woman was another really tremendous movie and gave her a ridiculously cool interpretation of her capabilities.

The Sony Spidey stuff is camp at best, in almost every iteration. Batman with Bane was a shark jump and pretty hard to watch. Man of Steel had promise but that was about it. And Aquaman might have been one of the worst movies I've ever seen, and I saw it doped up coming out of knee surgery lol.

But what Marvel did, really from Civil War on, was great stuff. The last handful - GOTG2, Ragnarok, Black Panther, Captain Marvel, and Endgame were extremely entertaining. So I just can't share the sense that superhero movies aren't great action and I think they are quite original, especially those with the non typical "hero."
Here comes McRoberts, the throw to Walker, it's in the aaaaaiiiiirrrr, YESSSSS! Bobcats win it! My my my, Kemba Walker. Steve Martin - Toronto 12/18/2013

#223 buckets Posted 01 November 2019 - 12:56 PM

buckets

The All-Knowing All-Seeing Beagle

• Honorary Beagle

• 5,736 posts
  • Joined 27-June 15
Undone is a trip.
#Chodidthemath

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users