#41 Talent Posted 09 June 2016 - 10:08 PM

Talent

Captain Jack

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 970 posts
  • Joined 04-December 09
  • LocationVirginia

I have been thinking on this for a few days not really sure how to feel. It hit me today that we all on this board have a common connection in our lives that brings us together as a small and devoted online community. We all share our love of the game of basketball, the Hornets, and even the Bobcats. It is sad to lose a part of that, a damn good part of that.

#42 InProblematique Posted 09 June 2016 - 11:51 PM

InProblematique

Al's Questionable Shots Gave Me a Hangover

• Honorary Beagle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,892 posts
  • Joined 05-June 13
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Damn....We just lost a good one.   He sat a section over from me and about 15 rows behind .... if we were both at the game, we would inevitably scan and find each other after a big play or win and celebrate... looking like crazy people talking to no one to most other people.   I'm gonna miss that. 

I asked about him on here a while back fearing the worst, but just hoping he was just busy, or maybe his new female friend had him on lockdown.  It was the worst.  

I feel like he was one of the cornerstones of this site and community and would love for us to mark that. 

Rest in Peace Beagle.  

I was thinking that too. Don't know how we would commemorate him around here on the site, but if anyone could think of a way, it'd be very fitting. He was a big reason I fell in love with this forum, and I reckon a lot of people here feel the same way.

Six Words/PP11

Posted Image

#43 QC Thundercats Posted 13 June 2016 - 11:46 AM

QC Thundercats

Quality Control Thundercats

• Honorary Beagle

• 2,373 posts
  • Joined 01-June 12

POPULAR

I feel like he was one of the cornerstones of this site and community and would love for us to mark that.

I was thinking that too. Don't know how we would commemorate him around here on the site, but if anyone could think of a way, it'd be very fitting. He was a big reason I fell in love with this forum, and I reckon a lot of people here feel the same way.

I had a thought, don't know if it's a good idea or not. But reading the comments here, and even on realgm, he had a high reputation and probably was seen as the friendliest member here.

So as someone who represented what the best of this site is about - free, open minded expression of your passion, tempered with civility and respect - maybe we could honor that ideal where good posters could earn a Beagle badge who showed the same high regard and standards that he followed.

So perhaps anybody that Ziggy's entrusted to be a mod, anybody who's received 1000 rep points, anybody who's been a member for 10 years, something like that would show you're either a dedicated member and/or held in high repute.

Here's an idea of a badge that could maybe go under your screen name as an honorary symbol, signifying members who've contributed a lot.

DmAlRGF.jpg

SNzpmiV.jpg

I don't know, just an idea I had.

#44 ziggy Posted 13 June 2016 - 12:56 PM

ziggy

Administrator

• Administrators

• 13,399 posts
  • Joined 05-January 06

QCT,    I like that idea and I will work on setting that up as a badge!

#45 spectre Posted 14 June 2016 - 01:38 AM

spectre

For Rent

• Moderators

• 10,491 posts
  • Joined 14-February 07

Agreed, I'm all for it.  Great idea QC!

Hope Resurrected: "I think I can bring an attitude to a team as far as, All right, no matter what, we are not losing this game'." - Kemba Walker

"Its okay to be bad; just so long as you're bad ass." - Keetch

"I don't care if he uses a sophisticated pulley and tackle system to get his shot off if the bitch goes in.
"-Mustachio

"I'm a Pistons fan now. The Hornets are boring and I hate 3/4s of the players."  Brother Dave on 3/11/16.

#46 Maal Posted 14 June 2016 - 07:59 AM

Maal

Ajinca (French for wasted draft pick)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts
  • Joined 15-March 09
  • LocationCharlotte

I haven't logged on in awhile and really hate to see this today. One of 2 people I've met from here in person and was a really cool guy, even gave me tickets a couple of times. This is truly sad to hear.

#47 Adam42R Posted 14 June 2016 - 10:27 AM

Adam42R

MKG's biggest fan

• Honorary Beagle

• 9,572 posts
  • Joined 22-December 10
I think that's a very cool tribute to one of the nicest guys to ever post here for sure.
Here comes McRoberts, the throw to Walker, it's in the aaaaaiiiiirrrr, YESSSSS! Bobcats win it! My my my, Kemba Walker. Steve Martin - Toronto 12/18/2013

#48 mrtarheel Posted 14 June 2016 - 10:35 AM

mrtarheel

Crash

• 1000+ posts
  • 1,025 posts
  • Joined 05-March 08

AGREED

#49 BRNC Posted 15 June 2016 - 12:57 AM

BRNC

The All-Knowing All-Seeing Beagle

• Honorary Beagle

• 4,565 posts
  • Joined 09-January 10
  • LocationBlowing Rock, NC

My wife and I have just returned from vacation so I have not been reading the threads. This is really sad...Beagle was a really good guy.

#50 @JPlowright_NBA Posted 15 June 2016 - 03:00 AM

@JPlowright_NBA

Anthony "Dagger Three" Tolliver

• Honorary Beagle

• 5,048 posts
  • Joined 12-August 10
  • LocationManchester, United Kingdom

POPULAR

It's amazing to see so many of the old guard come out, I assumed a lot of you guys had simply stopped checking HP. BRNC, Maal, MrTarHeel, JGib, Mercer, cltbkhcoach, DCarnys, Keetch, Specte... The forum is so much better when you guys are interacting, come back and join in!

Passionate English basketball journalist, for thought provoking tweets about your Hornets follow me here:- @JPlowright_NBA

I Cover the Hornets for ESPN True Hoop site Queen City Hoops, Founder of TheLotteryMafia.com

#51 HokieHornet Posted 16 June 2016 - 12:42 AM

HokieHornet

Jeff "Sure I'll Start" McInnis

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts
  • Joined 13-August 13
Also on vacation and happened to check the site. Oof

He was a big reason I fell in love with this forum, and I reckon a lot of people here feel the same way.

This. When I stopped lurking and started posting he was one of you guys that made me feel welcome. I don't post as much now, not because I don't like HP, but I always appreciated Beagle's positive outlook on things and looked forward to reading his posts. He will be missed by many for sure.

#52 ALong13 Posted 16 June 2016 - 02:05 PM

ALong13

Da only thing uglier than Yo Momma? MKG's jumpshot

• 1000+ posts
  • 1,506 posts
  • Joined 07-July 07

Damn, this sucks. He was one of the first people on here that I really interacted with. Life is so damn short, and to have it cut even further as young as he was just sucks. He'll certainly be missed!

#53 InProblematique Posted 16 June 2016 - 05:10 PM

InProblematique

Al's Questionable Shots Gave Me a Hangover

• Honorary Beagle

• 4,892 posts
  • Joined 05-June 13
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

I love seeing the new badge. A nice way to tribute such a great dude.

Six Words/PP11

Posted Image

#54 buckets Posted 16 June 2016 - 06:52 PM

buckets

• Honorary Beagle

• 5,924 posts
  • Joined 27-June 15
The badge (of honor) is a really cool touch. Nice work guys.
#Chodidthemath

#55 BRNC Posted 16 June 2016 - 07:45 PM

BRNC

• Honorary Beagle

• 4,565 posts
  • Joined 09-January 10
  • LocationBlowing Rock, NC

@ QC Thundercats...

I like the Badge and I think Beagle would have appreciated it.

#56 ziggy Posted 16 June 2016 - 08:19 PM

ziggy

Administrator

• Administrators

• 13,399 posts
  • Joined 05-January 06

@ QC Thundercats...

I like the Badge and I think Beagle would have appreciated it.

I'll be adding the badge back in a bit, jut working out a few things with it.

#57 Potato Posted 18 June 2016 - 04:41 PM

Potato

The All-Knowing All-Seeing Cho

• 1000+ posts
  • 2,194 posts
  • Joined 03-May 12

Dude the more I think about this the more pissed I get.  Beagle loved the Hornets and Astros for YEARS, and passes away right when it looks like the fortune for both teams are finally starting to turn around.  That sucks man.

My opinions about my sports teams are almost as bad as my sports teams.  Rap music fan.

Hornets

Panthers

San Diego Padres

Liverpool

USMNT

#58 Sharpshooter Posted 19 June 2016 - 04:48 AM

Sharpshooter

Jeff "Sure I'll Start" McInnis

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts
  • Joined 10-December 13
  • LocationBelgrade, Serbia
I don't post a lot, but I do check out HP on a regular basis usually, and I remember Beagle as one of the nicest people I came across on the internet. Usually, people tend to act tougher on the net, or something like that, but he was a genuine nice person.

He will be missed, and I hope he's in a better place now, and that he will have great seats there to keep watching the Hornets.

Rest in peace, Beagle, you left a great mark here, probably even bigger in real life, and you won't be forgotten.

#59 GeraldWallaceMVP Posted 20 June 2016 - 12:29 AM

GeraldWallaceMVP

All Aboard the Rozier Bandwagon

• 1000+ posts
  • 3,868 posts
  • Joined 23-February 15
  • LocationQueen City, Charlotte NC
Didn't know the beagle personally and didn't interact with him much on the site but hopefully my insane ideas and posts on the Hornets provided him some amusement

#60 Mike Kidd-Trilchrist Posted 24 June 2016 - 12:53 AM

Mike Kidd-Trilchrist

• 1000+ posts
  • 1,214 posts
  • Joined 14-May 14
  • LocationGaffney, SC
I used to chat with him in The MLB Thread a good bit. He was a Great guy and really those words seem like I'm not giving him enough credit! When I first signed up I was a post padding Jabroni but he still treated me with Respect that I probably didn't deserve. I guess the good do die young. May he Rest In Peace and my condolences to his family.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users