•  
Photo

Ran into a Hornet in Springfield, Mass(Hall of Fame)

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Veteran_Picksetter Posted 20 August 2016 - 10:43 AM

Veteran_Picksetter

The All-Knowing All-Seeing Cho

• 1000+ posts
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,759 posts
  • Joined 30-May 10

POPULAR

So I visited the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame in Springfield, Mass last week. I was walking near an exhibit which included a life-sized flat image of Mugsy Bogues and Yao Ming, and got involved in a conversation with a guy who looked kind of familiar. He was a good-lookin' young fella, who seemed humble and down to earth, about 6'3". Looked a lot like a certain NBA player, but I wasn't sure. 

He mentioned that he had been in Washington last year, and that is when I realized I was indeed having a conversation with Ramon Sessions. I asked him if he was Ramon and he said yes. I shook his hand, introduced myself as so-and-so from Charlotte, and told him I was happy to have him back. Wished him a good season and yelled back "I'll be there!" as I walked away. He responded with "I'll be there too!" He really did seem like a nice kid. I know he's 30, but when you are my age, 30 seems like a kid. 

About 15 minutes later Ramon was being interviewed in front of a group of people on the bottom level of the building. Of course, he had positive things to say about the Hornets and the city. And we all know he is happy to be close to home. Asked about being an NBA journeyman, he said that being traded does not bother him because it is an opportunity to make new contacts/friends/connections, or something to that effect. 

But anyway, I recommend visiting the Naismith Hall of Fame. For starters, it is an interesting building. I could have spent hours and hours in there reading up on the various people and developments that made the game what it is. And you never know who you are going to run into. 

#2 Talent Posted 23 August 2016 - 09:20 AM

Talent

Captain Jack

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 970 posts
  • Joined 04-December 09
  • LocationVirginia
Wonderful story. Love stories like this. Only nba player I met was Robert Parrish on a plane. His legs where so skinny I was not sure how they supported his frame. We talked for a minute, but basketball never came up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users