5473 replies to this topic

#4561 Adam42R Posted 17 May 2019 - 12:29 PM

Adam42R

MKG's biggest fan

• Honorary Beagle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,934 posts
  • Joined 22-December 10

Interetsing thought I saw on an article, Cody or MKG + 2nd for Avery Bradley then waive (2m guaranteed), resign Kemba and Lamb, trade for Kevin Love or Drummond.

Is that the one that required waive and stretch of Biz?
Here comes McRoberts, the throw to Walker, it's in the aaaaaiiiiirrrr, YESSSSS! Bobcats win it! My my my, Kemba Walker. Steve Martin - Toronto 12/18/2013

#4562 gforce03 Posted 17 May 2019 - 12:36 PM

gforce03

Sean May... Krispy-Kreme MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts
  • Joined 29-June 16

Is that the one that required waive and stretch of Biz?

Yes I think we were looking at the same article!

#4563 gforce03 Posted 17 May 2019 - 12:36 PM

gforce03

Sean May... Krispy-Kreme MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts
  • Joined 29-June 16

https://www.atthehiv...-andre-drummond

#4564 Adam42R Posted 17 May 2019 - 06:52 PM

Adam42R

MKG's biggest fan

• Honorary Beagle

• 8,934 posts
  • Joined 22-December 10

Here comes McRoberts, the throw to Walker, it's in the aaaaaiiiiirrrr, YESSSSS! Bobcats win it! My my my, Kemba Walker. Steve Martin - Toronto 12/18/2013

#4565 Mich_Mercer Posted 17 May 2019 - 09:09 PM

Mich_Mercer

Keep Monk and MKG

• 1000+ posts
  • 1,767 posts
  • Joined 27-June 13
  • LocationWilmington, NC

https://www.atthehiv...-andre-drummond

I’d be pumped with Drummond... not so much Kevin Love. Especially if we are including Monk. It would be a Hornets move though.

#4566 Mich_Mercer Posted 17 May 2019 - 09:30 PM

Mich_Mercer

Keep Monk and MKG

• 1000+ posts
  • 1,767 posts
  • Joined 27-June 13
  • LocationWilmington, NC

This is crazy. What type of drugs was he into? Crazy how far he’s fallen from his rookie year. Looked like a future superstar.

#4567 Adam42R Posted 17 May 2019 - 09:32 PM

Adam42R

MKG's biggest fan

• Honorary Beagle

• 8,934 posts
  • Joined 22-December 10

I’d be pumped with Drummond... not so much Kevin Love. Especially if we are including Monk. It would be a Hornets move though.

I sure hope we would have a plan to ditch 75% of our centers if we did that.

#4568 powellrmp Posted 17 May 2019 - 10:22 PM

powellrmp

Braindead Stupid 2020

• 1000+ posts
  • 1,509 posts
  • Joined 19-April 16
I wish we could get Malcolm brogdon on our roster. Damn good player.

#4569 Chef Posted 17 May 2019 - 10:23 PM

Chef

The All-Knowing All-Seeing Beagle

• Honorary Beagle

• 10,428 posts
  • Joined 29-February 08

I sure hope we would have a plan to ditch 75% of our centers if we did that.

How about a plan that doesn't include one dimensional centers who can't guard in space and float in and out of games mentally.

Holding out hope that Mike sells.

#4570 Adam42R Posted 17 May 2019 - 10:42 PM

Adam42R

MKG's biggest fan

• Honorary Beagle

• 8,934 posts
  • Joined 22-December 10

How about a plan that doesn't include one dimensional centers who can't guard in space and float in and out of games mentally.

:)

#4571 buckets Posted 18 May 2019 - 10:44 AM

buckets

• Honorary Beagle

• 5,501 posts
  • Joined 27-June 15
A package surrounding Drummond/Leuer for Batum/Zeller seems doable without giving a 1st outright.

Detroit needs larger wings in the worst way and should consider Bacon + 36 + a 12/15 swap balancing the ledger a bit.

Hornets sell the fan base on a former all-star center and a little front court shooting (although Leuer is basically dead weight in this deal). Detroit adds 2 wings, improved draft positioning, and a better fitting center next to Blake albeit an injury-prone one.
#Chodidthemath

#4572 Chef Posted 18 May 2019 - 11:41 AM

Chef

• Honorary Beagle

• 10,428 posts
  • Joined 29-February 08

A package surrounding Drummond/Leuer for Batum/Zeller seems doable without giving a 1st outright.

Detroit needs larger wings in the worst way and should consider Bacon + 36 + a 12/15 swap balancing the ledger a bit.

Hornets sell the fan base on a former all-star center and a little front court shooting (although Leuer is basically dead weight in this deal). Detroit adds 2 wings, improved draft positioning, and a better fitting center next to Blake albeit an injury-prone one.

Probably not a wise move when the only defense on a hornets board comes out pro Pistons. Drummond is such a no go for me

Holding out hope that Mike sells.

#4573 buckets Posted 18 May 2019 - 11:58 AM

buckets

• Honorary Beagle

• 5,501 posts
  • Joined 27-June 15

Probably not a wise move when the only defense on a hornets board comes out pro Pistons. Drummond is such a no go for me

Yeah agree, I wouldn't do it either. Just matching a realistic trade scenario with CHA's limited options + stated objectives (and MO).

#Chodidthemath

#4574 buckets Posted 18 May 2019 - 12:22 PM

buckets

• Honorary Beagle

• 5,501 posts
  • Joined 27-June 15

Incredible individual playmaking from a player facing defenses geared to stop him (Playoff scoring + passing possessions)

jthbf5b.jpg?3

j5xlBY0.jpg?2

#Chodidthemath

#4575 Adam42R Posted 18 May 2019 - 09:46 PM

Adam42R

MKG's biggest fan

• Honorary Beagle

• 8,934 posts
  • Joined 22-December 10

Yeah agree, I wouldn't do it either. Just matching a realistic trade scenario with CHA's limited options + stated objectives (and MO).

Assume that stated objectives refer to making some trade waves, not prioritizing a defensive big yes?  

On the latter, I am curious what most folks think of that. I believe we have a defensive big in Biz, that's not what they want more of.  Might they already consider that Biz is traded man walking?  Maybe but it seems really unlikely they could have known then that they have a market for him (unless they do).  So it makes me think that they are interested in a defensive big in the sense of someone bigger than 6'7" and that might be in the form of a F more than a C.  

Praying they don't mean they are going after someone like Whiteside.

#4576 buckets Posted 18 May 2019 - 10:34 PM

buckets

• Honorary Beagle

• 5,501 posts
  • Joined 27-June 15
With 3 minutes remaining Blazers have just 26 second half points. This series is about over.
#Chodidthemath

#4577 buckets Posted 18 May 2019 - 11:27 PM

buckets

• Honorary Beagle

• 5,501 posts
  • Joined 27-June 15

Assume that stated objectives refer to making some trade waves, not prioritizing a defensive big yes?  

On the latter, I am curious what most folks think of that. I believe we have a defensive big in Biz, that's not what they want more of.  Might they already consider that Biz is traded man walking?  Maybe but it seems really unlikely they could have known then that they have a market for him (unless they do).  So it makes me think that they are interested in a defensive big in the sense of someone bigger than 6'7" and that might be in the form of a F more than a C.  

Praying they don't mean they are going after someone like Whiteside.

Objective based on what the GM and coach said after the season. By MO I mean the Hornets recent habit of absorbing expensive centers. Also based on Borrego’s coaching of loading up on pnr with small handlers of dubious efficiency which is gonna get a defense killed.

From my perspective the needs are entirely different (perimeter defense, primary handlers, more perimeter defense, some more handlers, and front court playmaking/shooting if Kaminsky leaves). In a nutshell roster upgrades in the form of positional size and positional playmaking wherever Charlotte can get it.

I disagree pretty strongly though about Biyombo. Bless him but he’s not an NBA rotation player. So in that sense Charlotte needs an alternative to Zeller when he’s hurt and thus far Hernangomez has struggled in that role. Which is another reason why Charlotte should prioritize 1 - 4 size rather than force feeding minutes to a defensive center.
#Chodidthemath

#4578 cltblkhscoach Posted 19 May 2019 - 12:08 AM

cltblkhscoach

Forgotten Member Of High Voltage

• 1000+ posts
  • 3,041 posts
  • Joined 03-July 06

What's so bad about Drummond

Allan Bristow Is The GOAT

#4579 buckets Posted 19 May 2019 - 01:14 AM

buckets

• Honorary Beagle

• 5,501 posts
  • Joined 27-June 15

What's so bad about Drummond

He’s fine as a starting center on 25 minutes a night in a 3 big rotation - not great but certainly not the worst. All things equal I’d say he makes Charlotte better than with Zeller primarily because Zeller is hurt too often. Over the course of a season Drummond’s additional 1000 minutes or so likely adds a win or 2, not a small thing if fighting for a PO spot.

The main problem however is cost. His nearly $30m to Charlotte’s cap is about double what he’s worth which hurts given rebounding from the 5 is about the cheapest skill set to replace. I’d rather that $$$ be spent where Charlotte receives a higher return on investment.

His offensive usage is problematic too. 22% usage just isn’t feasible for his low efficiency and turnovers. Remove his offensive rebounding and he’s essentially bottom 10 percentile for scorers with his type of volume. You’d hope he’d curtail that volume with a new team but that’s no given.
#Chodidthemath

#4580 buckets Posted 19 May 2019 - 02:26 AM

buckets

• Honorary Beagle

• 5,501 posts
  • Joined 27-June 15
Explains a lot.

#Chodidthemath

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users