#4581 Adam42R Posted 19 May 2019 - 05:39 AM

Adam42R

MKG's biggest fan

• Honorary Beagle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,098 posts
  • Joined 22-December 10
Indeed and that's highly unfortunate for Dame. He was rolling prior
Here comes McRoberts, the throw to Walker, it's in the aaaaaiiiiirrrr, YESSSSS! Bobcats win it! My my my, Kemba Walker. Steve Martin - Toronto 12/18/2013

#4582 Adam42R Posted 19 May 2019 - 06:30 AM

Adam42R

MKG's biggest fan

• Honorary Beagle

• 9,098 posts
  • Joined 22-December 10
As for our impending doom, I mean offseason, does anyone have a feel for what it would take for us to trade for a couple or three large non-guaranteed contracts with the express purpose of waives to create head room? Like JR, Favors, Bradley? Would a CLE take any equal contact of value to pay with JR or would that require a SRP? Same for Bradley. I realize that Favors would not be someone in the same grouping but just trying to get a feel if our plans might include massive repositioning via expiring contacts.
Here comes McRoberts, the throw to Walker, it's in the aaaaaiiiiirrrr, YESSSSS! Bobcats win it! My my my, Kemba Walker. Steve Martin - Toronto 12/18/2013

#4583 Chef Posted 19 May 2019 - 07:22 AM

Chef

The All-Knowing All-Seeing Beagle

• Honorary Beagle

• 10,524 posts
  • Joined 29-February 08

As for our impending doom, I mean offseason, does anyone have a feel for what it would take for us to trade for a couple or three large non-guaranteed contracts with the express purpose of waives to create head room? Like JR, Favors, Bradley? Would a CLE take any equal contact of value to pay with JR or would that require a SRP? Same for Bradley. I realize that Favors would not be someone in the same grouping but just trying to get a feel if our plans might include massive repositioning via expiring contacts.

Regarding the impending doom. I have come to the conclusion it isn't as much of a fiction of getting it of a painted corner but a complete lack of modern day basketball strategy from a pushy owner who surrounds himself with yes men who have the same mind set.

In a perimeter league, how long do you keep re running 1 competent pg on the roster? How many one dimensional players so you put on the roster in a positionless age? How many clunky centers do you need in a league that keeps trending smaller and more skilled?

Have zero confidence they will make the right moves.

Holding out hope that Mike sells.

#4584 buckets Posted 19 May 2019 - 06:33 PM

buckets

• Honorary Beagle

• 5,589 posts
  • Joined 27-June 15
All-Star Gasol tonight. He’s been fantastic.
#Chodidthemath

#4585 buckets Posted 19 May 2019 - 07:51 PM

buckets

• Honorary Beagle

• 5,589 posts
  • Joined 27-June 15

Regarding the impending doom. I have come to the conclusion it isn't as much of a fiction of getting it of a painted corner but a complete lack of modern day basketball strategy from a pushy owner who surrounds himself with yes men who have the same mind set.
In a perimeter league, how long do you keep re running 1 competent pg on the roster? How many one dimensional players so you put on the roster in a positionless age? How many clunky centers do you need in a league that keeps trending smaller and more skilled?

Bucks have Lopez, Giannis, and Ilyasova as C options. They just rolled with Mirotic against Gasol while the other 3 rested.
#Chodidthemath

#4586 Adam42R Posted 19 May 2019 - 09:10 PM

Adam42R

MKG's biggest fan

• Honorary Beagle

• 9,098 posts
  • Joined 22-December 10

As much as I hear ya, I am more interested in the mechanics of the posed question.

#4587 Chef Posted 21 May 2019 - 06:52 AM

Chef

• Honorary Beagle

• 10,524 posts
  • Joined 29-February 08
We are now at the point of the narrative where the shift from"do the warriors need kd?" to "look at how Central kd is" will start to come into focus. Without him, I don't think the can beat either of the East coast teams.

Holding out hope that Mike sells.

#4588 GeraldWallaceMVP Posted 21 May 2019 - 07:00 AM

GeraldWallaceMVP

All Aboard the Rozier Bandwagon

• 1000+ posts
  • 3,467 posts
  • Joined 23-February 15
  • LocationQueen City, Charlotte NC
I mean some of y’all were saying the Blazers had a chance and look how that went... Also is the East arguably stronger than the west now? The West may have overall more quality teams but the East has stronger teams at the top

#4589 Keetch Posted 21 May 2019 - 07:29 AM

Keetch

The All-Knowing All-Seeing Cho

• 1000+ posts
  • 2,110 posts
  • Joined 31-August 06
I am always amazed at how the Warriors move the ball. It . Never . Stops . Moving .

The contrast to the Blazers was stark. Warriors D meets Lillard 30 ft. out. Ball stops.
Rollin' in Doh

#4590 Keetch Posted 21 May 2019 - 07:54 AM

Keetch

• 1000+ posts
  • 2,110 posts
  • Joined 31-August 06
At the beginning of the season I thought JB was going to give us a little of that. But Game 1 he’s starting Nic, Marvin and Cody. So I’m thinking; well our second unit will be good!

What we got was the same as before. Set up pick and roll; let somebody stand in a corner. Weave it a little outside the arc if nothings working. Ugh.
Rollin' in Doh

#4591 Keetch Posted 21 May 2019 - 07:58 AM

Keetch

• 1000+ posts
  • 2,110 posts
  • Joined 31-August 06
Tony made it worse in some ways. He’s a great player, but generally the team stopped when he had the ball. He did his thing.

But that doesn’t happen with Graham. Since he’s much less ball dominant and a pretty efficient and skilled distributor; everybody better be playing because it’s coming at you.
Rollin' in Doh

#4592 Keetch Posted 21 May 2019 - 08:04 AM

Keetch

• 1000+ posts
  • 2,110 posts
  • Joined 31-August 06
I think the best players in the NBA right now are Durant, Kawhi and Giannis. Sorry LeBron, moving on now. Sorry AD, you gotta show us.

But none of those guys makes his teammates better like Steph Curry does. Steph combines motion and will like nobody else in the NBA, maybe ever. Incredible player.
Rollin' in Doh

#4593 QC Thundercats Posted 21 May 2019 - 08:53 AM

QC Thundercats

Quality Control Thundercats

• Honorary Beagle

• 2,289 posts
  • Joined 01-June 12

We are now at the point of the narrative where the shift from"do the warriors need kd?" to "look at how Central kd is" will start to come into focus. Without him, I don't think the can beat either of the East coast teams.

On the one hand, people are trying to underrate KD by saying how good the Warriors look without him.  But he's still the most unguardable player the league has seen, and could turn about anyone into a contender.

But the Warriors aren't losing even without KD.  While the individual parts feature some of the greatest attributes ever seen, between shooting, defense, passing - there is a synergy between the players that adds another level.  Plus the championship pedigree.  Plus the competitive dog in them, collectively.  And while Giannis is all world, he is Neo at the point in the Matrix where he tells Morpheus he knows Kung Fu.  He's not at the level of fighting off a million Agent Smith's yet.

Would not be surprised at a sweep in the Finals, even without KD.  I feel like Milwaukee would take a game or 2, but the Warriors are capable of another level that the Bucks haven't seen on such a big stage yet.  And I say Bucks because I don't know if Kawhi can carry Lowry's anchor to 3 more wins in 4 games.  Playoff Lowry is always lurking.

#4594 buckets Posted 21 May 2019 - 09:37 AM

buckets

• Honorary Beagle

• 5,589 posts
  • Joined 27-June 15
Both EC teams have HCA advantage over GSW. Milwaukee in particular is a different animal altogether than anything GSW has faced during their run. Stylistically they have horses to matchup with anyone and are arguably the best EC team since the 2013-14 Heat with Lebron.

I’d take Milwaukee over GSW. If Toronto makes it I’d pick GSW in 6.
#Chodidthemath

#4595 buckets Posted 21 May 2019 - 09:55 AM

buckets

• Honorary Beagle

• 5,589 posts
  • Joined 27-June 15

For real. The 43 minutes of All-Star depth alone makes it a silly point. A good chunk of GSW’s early offense generated by Draymond or 2nd chance points simply don’t exist against the physically stronger TOR/MIL.

Bucks, for example, have the #1 transition defense, #1 defense overall, and clean the glass unlike the much smaller and less deep Rockets and Blazers. And unlike Portland, Kawhi squashes GSW transition before it even starts by generating individual offense without requiring PNR (Giannis and Middleton too).
#Chodidthemath

#4596 QC Thundercats Posted 21 May 2019 - 10:22 AM

QC Thundercats

• Honorary Beagle

• 2,289 posts
  • Joined 01-June 12

I don't know.  Maybe part of it is Charlotte/Milwaukee has been one of the best hidden rivalries the past 6-7 years, and even with this year's monster Bucks team, the severely flawed Hornets team still played them almost even for the year.

Milwaukee will probably be the team to beat the next half decade or so going forward.  But young teams always need to make that leap first.  It feels this is the first step, but playoff intensity vs. championship intensity, plus dealing with fatigue, bright lights, and how to recover when their strengths are schemed out.  I just think a team needs the experience of getting stonewalled first and overcoming that before they figure out how to become great.

I stand by my Toronto assessment of Kawhi, as Thanostic as he may be, cannot take on all the Avengers by himself.  (And while a well put together team, I'm referring to end of game situations where Kawhi seems to be the only one capable of taking over)

#4597 GeraldWallaceMVP Posted 21 May 2019 - 11:19 AM

GeraldWallaceMVP

All Aboard the Rozier Bandwagon

• 1000+ posts
  • 3,467 posts
  • Joined 23-February 15
  • LocationQueen City, Charlotte NC
I can easily see Milwaukee being a one year wonder, a lot of their core group are free agents this summer

#4598 buckets Posted 21 May 2019 - 11:27 AM

buckets

• Honorary Beagle

• 5,589 posts
  • Joined 27-June 15

I don't know.  Maybe part of it is Charlotte/Milwaukee has been one of the best hidden rivalries the past 6-7 years, and even with this year's monster Bucks team, the severely flawed Hornets team still played them almost even for the year.

Milwaukee will probably be the team to beat the next half decade or so going forward.  But young teams always need to make that leap first.  It feels this is the first step, but playoff intensity vs. championship intensity, plus dealing with fatigue, bright lights, and how to recover when their strengths are schemed out.  I just think a team needs the experience of getting stonewalled first and overcoming that before they figure out how to become great.

I stand by my Toronto assessment of Kawhi, as Thanostic as he may be, cannot take on all the Avengers by himself.  (And while a well put together team, I'm referring to end of game situations where Kawhi seems to be the only one capable of taking over)

Wouldn't be surprised if GSW won in 5 or 6. Hell, Toronto may represent the East. That said I'd give Milwaukee the dormant gear advantage over Toronto and GSW.

Consider since December 12 they've lost just 3 non-b2b games in which Giannis has played. The double OT loss was the 4th. It was also the 3rd time all season, Regular and Post, that Giannis played 40 minutes.

Just my opinion I believe the outcome is somewhat dependent on Budenholzer finally shoving all-in with a PO rotation. That and having the intestinal fortitude to sit Bledsoe for long stretches in favor of Brogdon and/or Hill when Giannis plays.

#Chodidthemath

#4599 buckets Posted 21 May 2019 - 11:31 AM

buckets

• Honorary Beagle

• 5,589 posts
  • Joined 27-June 15

"I can easily see Milwaukee being a one year wonder, a lot of their core group are free agents this summer"

- Jason Kidd, probably

#Chodidthemath

#4600 QC Thundercats Posted 21 May 2019 - 12:30 PM

QC Thundercats

• Honorary Beagle

• 2,289 posts
  • Joined 01-June 12

- Jason Kidd, probably

giphy.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic