5535 replies to this topic

#4641 Adam42R Posted 30 May 2019 - 08:31 PM

Adam42R

MKG's biggest fan

• Honorary Beagle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,978 posts
  • Joined 22-December 10

I got this as a toss up.  I don't think this is GSW's in the bag, especially with a non-adjusted Boogie and non-available KD.  My heart is with TOR but my gut says if they go to 7 its GSW's finals experience taking over.  But I do like the HCA for TOR.

Here comes McRoberts, the throw to Walker, it's in the aaaaaiiiiirrrr, YESSSSS! Bobcats win it! My my my, Kemba Walker. Steve Martin - Toronto 12/18/2013

#4642 GeraldWallaceMVP Posted 30 May 2019 - 10:49 PM

GeraldWallaceMVP

All Aboard the Rozier Bandwagon

• 1000+ posts
  • 3,395 posts
  • Joined 23-February 15
  • LocationQueen City, Charlotte NC

Good win by the Raps but they'll need more from Kawhi and Lowry if they want to win the series. 

#4643 GeraldWallaceMVP Posted 30 May 2019 - 11:08 PM

GeraldWallaceMVP

• 1000+ posts
  • 3,395 posts
  • Joined 23-February 15

Kemba was on Jimmy Kimmel

https://youtu.be/8MA3LcI1o9A?t=115

#4644 QC Thundercats Posted 31 May 2019 - 11:08 AM

QC Thundercats

Quality Control Thundercats

• Honorary Beagle

• 2,270 posts
  • Joined 01-June 12

So I was completely wrong about Toronto.  I felt like 20 years of seeing them choke in the playoffs no matter their talent or regular season success was in their DNA, just like us getting f'd and/or effing up the draft every year is in our DNA.  Especially going down 2-0 to the bucks, I thought it was a wrap.  But I should always trust buckets ability to watch and analyze more games better than my gut.  Even though my gut has been getting bigger.  Or at least dad-bodlier.

I guess Toronto could overcome their DNA when they added playoff hardened veterans who can play defense.  Kawhi has always been damn good, but I didn't think he was Lebron/KD level good.  He's been having an NBA all time playoff run.  

I didn't realize Toronto had traded Playoff Lowry along with Derozan, I guess its always nice to get rid of two non efficient playoff shooters.  As slow as Gasol is, his bball IQ and defensive instincts are a massive upgrade over Val.  And he can get away with reach in fouls on Curry late in the game and not get whistled.  Definitely worth a lot.  Still feel twinges of jealousy that we didn't get him.  May or may not be better for us in the long run, but at least it could've been a fun run at the end of the year before the fireworks this summer.

Having a VanVleet in your pocket is always a nice discovery.  Adding Danny Greens defense and alleged 3 point shooting was an improvement.

And Pascal.  I feel like this is what we were hoping MKG would've turned into.  Except Toronto got him at pick 27, while we got a lesser version at pick 2.  Yep, definitely on brand for our draft DNA.

#4645 Chef Posted 31 May 2019 - 11:11 AM

Chef

The All-Knowing All-Seeing Beagle

• Honorary Beagle

• 10,468 posts
  • Joined 29-February 08
Carsen Edwards will be van vleet on steroids

Holding out hope that Mike sells.

#4646 buckets Posted 31 May 2019 - 01:08 PM

buckets

• Honorary Beagle

• 5,519 posts
  • Joined 27-June 15
Matchups are weird things. If possible Looney should play more. Unfortunately 30 minutes is unchartered territory for him.
#Chodidthemath

#4647 GeraldWallaceMVP Posted 31 May 2019 - 05:21 PM

GeraldWallaceMVP

• 1000+ posts
  • 3,395 posts
  • Joined 23-February 15

#4648 Adam42R Posted 01 June 2019 - 06:00 AM

Adam42R

MKG's biggest fan

• Honorary Beagle

• 8,978 posts
  • Joined 22-December 10

I feel for this Charolette team he speaks of. Would hate to be them. Anyone know what league or basketball association they play in? Wonder if their General Monger Match Kapstuck has his eye on other make-believe shit Deveney dropped in the can overnight.

(This is our guy that has the wierd out of thin air shit each trade season no?)
Here comes McRoberts, the throw to Walker, it's in the aaaaaiiiiirrrr, YESSSSS! Bobcats win it! My my my, Kemba Walker. Steve Martin - Toronto 12/18/2013

#4649 Chef Posted 01 June 2019 - 06:10 AM

Chef

• Honorary Beagle

• 10,468 posts
  • Joined 29-February 08

I feel for this Charolette team he speaks of. Would hate to be them. Anyone know what league or basketball association they play in. Wonder if their General Monger Match Kapstuck has his eye on other make-believe shit Deveny dropped in the can overnight.

Alright Mutch,

If you can get into a three teamer for dragic and Johnson AND still get Gordon for Marv and #12, I will be so very impressed

#4650 Chef Posted 01 June 2019 - 10:52 AM

Chef

• Honorary Beagle

• 10,468 posts
  • Joined 29-February 08

knicks can't help but knick

exploring #3 to the hawks for #8, 10. in a 3 person draft.

i think it is a smokescreen to get the pels talking davis.

#4651 Whiz Kid Posted 01 June 2019 - 11:10 AM

Whiz Kid

Ajinca (French for wasted draft pick)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 573 posts
  • Joined 11-April 12
Really can’t wait for time to prove that this isn’t only a 3 person draft lol

#4652 Chef Posted 01 June 2019 - 11:23 AM

Chef

• Honorary Beagle

• 10,468 posts
  • Joined 29-February 08

Really can’t wait for time to prove that this isn’t only a 3 person draft lol

You are certainly correct. I am only speaking in terms of pre draft currency. I expect at least one of the top the to not meet expectations anyway

#4653 Whiz Kid Posted 01 June 2019 - 01:07 PM

Whiz Kid

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 573 posts
  • Joined 11-April 12
Soon the NBA going to have to make a change in the way players enter the league in general, even past changing the one and done rule. A 2 round draft system is proving to no longer work, which is why the % of active players who were drafted in the 2nd round or undrafted is as high as it is, and the % of all star caliber players NOT drafted in the top 5 is probably pretty high as well. Quality basketball players are slipping through the cracks due to how the system is set up.

#4654 dav7z Posted 01 June 2019 - 01:20 PM

dav7z

• Honorary Beagle

• 6,154 posts
  • Joined 16-June 06

The artical i read to day states we after Capella not CP3.

The artical all so says kupc.heck  has other trades in mind to make us better

I think we keeping Kemba  and we going to make moves to make us much better.

The article says we going to be real active be for the draft.

https://swarmandstin...s-clint-capela/

#4655 Chef Posted 01 June 2019 - 01:30 PM

Chef

• Honorary Beagle

• 10,468 posts
  • Joined 29-February 08

Soon the NBA going to have to make a change in the way players enter the league in general, even past changing the one and done rule. A 2 round draft system is proving to no longer work, which is why the % of active players who were drafted in the 2nd round or undrafted is as high as it is, and the % of all star caliber players NOT drafted in the top 5 is probably pretty high as well. Quality basketball players are slipping through the cracks due to how the system is set up.

Not following. The problem you defined send more like inept talent evaluation

#4656 Whiz Kid Posted 01 June 2019 - 02:19 PM

Whiz Kid

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 573 posts
  • Joined 11-April 12

That’s a large piece of it, followed by lack of professional involvement in youth development. FIFA and FIBA have it right overseas with the line between professional and amateurism. If i has to predict i’d say the NBA over the next decade trends this way, eventually becoming totally global, with the NBA being the “Premier League” of basketball, to compare it with soccer. We’re far from this, but i can definitely see this being where league is heading.

#4657 dnbman Posted 01 June 2019 - 02:23 PM

dnbman

Existential Crisis Manager

• Moderators

• 6,327 posts
  • Joined 25-June 07

Yeah, I think that's just the nature of any league draft system. You want the annual influx of talent into the league to try and make teams more competitive, but there's no way to know who's going to be truly great or not. And the thing I always go back to is there's rarely a guy that's going to be objectively fantastic no matter the context. There a variety of things that contribute to a player being great, and there's no magic formula. It's a mix of physical gifts, drive, mental strength, training, coaching, motivation, team culture, etc. 

I don't see how you could do much better than what we currently have if they still want it to be an equitable way for players to join the league.

Last Member: Nick Batum Fan Club

Professional Self-Loather

#4658 GeraldWallaceMVP Posted 01 June 2019 - 02:38 PM

GeraldWallaceMVP

• 1000+ posts
  • 3,395 posts
  • Joined 23-February 15
There’s just so much that does into a player making or breaking that scouts can’t tell. The NBA is so much different than europe or college/high school and for some players the nba environment is just what they needed to become great and others the nba environment breaks them.

There’s very little you can read into to figure out things like this

#4659 Whiz Kid Posted 01 June 2019 - 02:54 PM

Whiz Kid

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 573 posts
  • Joined 11-April 12

Yeah, I think that's just the nature of any league draft system. You want the annual influx of talent into the league to try and make teams more competitive, but there's no way to know who's going to be truly great or not. And the thing I always go back to is there's rarely a guy that's going to be objectively fantastic no matter the context. There a variety of things that contribute to a player being great, and there's no magic formula. It's a mix of physical gifts, drive, mental strength, training, coaching, motivation, team culture, etc.

I don't see how you could do much better than what we currently have if they still want it to be an equitable way for players to join the league.

To me, the draft system that we use in America is much more about entertainment value than keeping a certain level of competitiveness in the sport, solely based on what drives American culture in general.

Without straying too far off topic, i’ll end with this statement that i think explains my overall point about the flaws in the draft system.

They best soccer players in the world are the best soccer players in the world because they are the best soccer players in the world. It doesn’t happen by accident. The best players in the NBA are the best players in the NBA because they got the chance to be. There’s a difference.

#4660 Swedd523 Posted 01 June 2019 - 03:05 PM

Swedd523

• Moderators

• 9,648 posts
  • Joined 18-June 09

To me, the draft system that we use in America is much more about entertainment value than keeping a certain level of competitiveness in the sport, solely based on what drives American culture in general.

Without straying too far off topic, i’ll end with this statement that i think explains my overall point about the flaws in the draft system.

They best soccer players in the world are the best soccer players in the world because they are the best soccer players in the world. It doesn’t happen by accident. The best players in the NBA are the best players in the NBA because they got the chance to be. There’s a difference.

Still not following.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)