• LocationQueen City, Charlotte NC

#5922 krazyrumpshaker Posted 05 December 2019 - 08:10 AM

krazyrumpshaker

Sean May... Krispy-Kreme MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 310 posts
  • Joined 07-November 08

Been very impressed with Graham this season, other than the TO's. Is he a borderline All-Star with the way he has played so far. Got to be Most Improved at least.

Insert funny or thought provoking quote here.

#5923 QC Thundercats Posted 05 December 2019 - 03:46 PM

QC Thundercats

Quality Control Thundercats

• Honorary Beagle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,329 posts
  • Joined 01-June 12

I know this isn't basketball related, but another example of Ricky Downer staying on brand.  Unless he accidentally meant to reply to the career self assessment thread.

#5924 nowhere fast Posted 05 December 2019 - 04:21 PM

nowhere fast

Crash

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 705 posts
  • Joined 16-May 17

Been very impressed with Graham this season, other than the TO's. Is he a borderline All-Star with the way he has played so far. Got to be Most Improved at least.

Even before the highlight performance against Golden State, this was the full list of players who had scored more points on unassisted three-pointers than Graham (114): James Harden (243), Damian Lillard (153), Trae Young (144) and Luka Doncic (141). Those are some of the best shot creators in the NBA and Graham has found himself right up there among the elite.

https://hoopshype.co...mproved-player/

#5925 cltblkhscoach Posted 05 December 2019 - 04:41 PM

cltblkhscoach

Forgotten Member Of High Voltage

• 1000+ posts
  • 3,172 posts
  • Joined 03-July 06

Even before the highlight performance against Golden State, this was the full list of players who had scored more points on unassisted three-pointers than Graham (114): James Harden (243), Damian Lillard (153), Trae Young (144) and Luka Doncic (141). Those are some of the best shot creators in the NBA and Graham has found himself right up there among the elite.

https://hoopshype.co...mproved-player/

If we don't offer this guy a lucrative long-term extension the first chance we can, we are crazy

Allan Bristow Is The GOAT

#5926 GeraldWallaceMVP Posted 05 December 2019 - 06:14 PM

GeraldWallaceMVP

All Aboard the Rozier Bandwagon

• 1000+ posts
  • 3,652 posts
  • Joined 23-February 15
Id try to offer him asap maybe we can get him on a Kemba level contract

#5927 WIAN Posted 05 December 2019 - 09:50 PM

WIAN

Ajinca (French for wasted draft pick)

• 1000+ posts
  • 1,281 posts
  • Joined 01-November 08

If we don't offer this guy a lucrative long-term extension the first chance we can, we are crazy

I'm still waiting until late January mid February to see how his play ages over the season. If it's status quo I'm all-in on locking him up for as long as possible. Summer league Devonte was the prequel to what we're seeing.

#5928 Chef Posted Yesterday, 06:26 AM

Chef

The All-Knowing All-Seeing Beagle

• Honorary Beagle

• 10,649 posts
  • Joined 29-February 08

I'm still waiting until late January mid February to see how his play ages over the season. If it's status quo I'm all-in on locking him up for as long as possible. Summer league Devonte was the prequel to what we're seeing.

yeah, still not ready to say this is a consistent new level, but it is so very encouraging.

Holding out hope that Mike sells.

#5929 QC Thundercats Posted Yesterday, 09:12 AM

QC Thundercats

• Honorary Beagle

• 2,329 posts
  • Joined 01-June 12

yeah, still not ready to say this is a consistent new level, but it is so very encouraging.

I would say the one thing to look for is once all the game film is out there and his tendencies can be studied and countered, and when he's consistently top of the scouting report with a game plan to shut him down (especially by playoff contenders), then can he still produce?

I think he will, as it seems foundationally, he is an elite shooter, has really good vision, high BBIQ.  He appears to be a really hard worker, and quick learner from all the elements it seems he's adopted from Kemba and Parker.  While not necessary, he also exudes a humbleness, and I do sense at least a tiny chip on his shoulder by the fact every team passed over him.

These are all the ingredients you ask for in a foundational player.  I don't know how much better he can get, but the ease with which he scores and passes, I have no problem seeing him as a 20+ point, 9-10 assist per game guy (Not much of a stretch since he's 19 and 8 already).  The key to unlocking his scoring prowess may be how crafty he can become in getting to the line 6-7 times a game.

Still shocked that we actually uncovered a hidden gem, think this is the first time in the new hornets era (I actually thought The Claw could've been until Sam Biscuit sent him away)

#5930 GeraldWallaceMVP Posted Yesterday, 11:53 AM

GeraldWallaceMVP

• 1000+ posts
  • 3,652 posts
  • Joined 23-February 15

#5931 Adam42R Posted Yesterday, 10:29 PM

Adam42R

MKG's biggest fan

• Honorary Beagle

• 9,375 posts
  • Joined 22-December 10
3, 2, 1, until we find mention of Love and Charlotte marriages

Here comes McRoberts, the throw to Walker, it's in the aaaaaiiiiirrrr, YESSSSS! Bobcats win it! My my my, Kemba Walker. Steve Martin - Toronto 12/18/2013

#5932 WIAN Posted Yesterday, 10:32 PM

WIAN

Ajinca (French for wasted draft pick)

• 1000+ posts
  • 1,281 posts
  • Joined 01-November 08
The only part of Graham's game that scares me is his ability or lack thereof to get by his defender aka turn the corner without the assistance of a ball screen. He shoots the ball so well that he will always be effective to a certain extent but my guess is if teams have a ballhawk on the roster Devonte will see that player exclusively soon.

#5933 dnbman Posted Yesterday, 10:33 PM

dnbman

Existential Crisis Manager

• Moderators

• 6,396 posts
  • Joined 25-June 07

There's no way we take Love now, right? The only way I see it is if we trade out Batum. Even then, it doesn't make much sense for us. 

Last Member: Nick Batum Fan Club

Professional Self-Loather

#5934 Adam42R Posted Yesterday, 10:39 PM

Adam42R

MKG's biggest fan

• Honorary Beagle

• 9,375 posts
  • Joined 22-December 10

There's no way we take Love now, right? The only way I see it is if we trade out Batum. Even then, it doesn't make much sense for us.

I still think that if we show enough promise and can part with non essentials, this FO would do something like that. Not that I think we should.
Here comes McRoberts, the throw to Walker, it's in the aaaaaiiiiirrrr, YESSSSS! Bobcats win it! My my my, Kemba Walker. Steve Martin - Toronto 12/18/2013

#5935 QC Thundercats Posted Yesterday, 11:17 PM

QC Thundercats

• Honorary Beagle

• 2,329 posts
  • Joined 01-June 12

It doesn't make sense because Love's timetable doesn't match with our new core's youth timetable.  But as Adam was saying about non-essentials, if the Cavs are trying to get out of Love's contract to continue their youth movement, then Marvin and MKG's expirings equal Love's salary this year at $28M.  I would not add a pick or anything else, since they'd get 2 expirings to get out from Love, which is incentive enough.

But thinking about paying over $30M per season the next 4 years which takes Love to age 35, it's feels a waste of resources that would only get us to our favorite spot, the 8th seed.  

#5936 Chef Posted Today, 07:45 AM

Chef

The All-Knowing All-Seeing Beagle

• Honorary Beagle

• 10,649 posts
  • Joined 29-February 08

3, 2, 1, until we find mention of Love and Charlotte marriages

Unfortunately,he would be perfect for this team. Unfortunate because they should realize they are in a complete rebuild but they don't.

If they do, it should be for batum and a top 14 protected that moves to top 10 then 2 seconds.

Holding out hope that Mike sells.

#5937 GeraldWallaceMVP Posted Today, 03:25 PM

GeraldWallaceMVP

• 1000+ posts
  • 3,652 posts
  • Joined 23-February 15
I’m guessing the Hornets shot all their shots at Kevin Love during the draft

#5938 GeraldWallaceMVP Posted Today, 03:26 PM

GeraldWallaceMVP

• 1000+ posts
  • 3,652 posts
  • Joined 23-February 15
In the 14 games Rozier and Devonte have started together

Rozier: 19.8 PPG on 47.8% FG on 46.1% 3pt (7.4 attempts per game), 4.8 REB, 3.6 AST.

Graham: 20.0 PPG, 41.2% FG on 41.9% 3pt (9.7 attempts per game), 3.7 REB, 7.8 AST.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users