36 replies to this topic

#1 QueenCityKing Posted 27 February 2017 - 08:20 PM

QueenCityKing

Primoz "The Slovenian Gangster" "Brezac

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • Joined 27-February 17

MKG if he was (What he was hyped up to be) a lockdown defender than I would keep him,but.....he has not been a true threat to anyone.He is taking up alot of cap space (That could be used to sign positions that you need) MKG is making 13 million per year he is obviously being overpayed and is not an asset when you have Nic at SF (But they are playing him at the 2.Not his true position) It would help them have a wing defender at the 2 and play Nic at his true position.Plus 13 million when you are paying many players ALOT                                                            Nicolas Batum:20 Million          Marvin Williams:13 million                   Kemba Walker:13 million                       MKG:13 Million                                Both Marvin and MKG are overpayed but Marvin is an asset.So? Do you think MKG should be traded at the draft?

#2 cltblkhscoach Posted 27 February 2017 - 08:21 PM

cltblkhscoach

Forgotten Member Of High Voltage

• 1000+ posts
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,147 posts
  • Joined 03-July 06
Marvin before MKG

Allan Bristow Is The GOAT

#3 Founding Hornet Posted 28 February 2017 - 12:23 AM

Founding Hornet

Cardiac Kemba Walker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 871 posts
  • Joined 11-July 14
My boy is still untouchable...........

If we continue the trend.......all bets are off......and he knows this.

I'll have a few predictions on the coming days.

#4 Founding Hornet Posted 28 February 2017 - 12:23 AM

Founding Hornet

Cardiac Kemba Walker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 871 posts
  • Joined 11-July 14
Prediction 1: Bonnell visits McDonalds 6 times this week.

#5 Hornets=💍 Posted 28 February 2017 - 10:56 AM

Hornets=💍

Primoz "The Slovenian Gangster" "Brezac

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
  • Joined 17-February 16

There is no way I take Marvin over MKG especially the way he has been playing, MKG is only 23 years old with a lot of potential.

#6 Chef Posted 28 February 2017 - 11:22 AM

Chef

The All-Knowing All-Seeing Beagle

• Honorary Beagle

• 9,297 posts
  • Joined 29-February 08
If anything his play the last 2 weeks has solidified his spot on the team unless the trade is for a clear "it" guy. He is showing us how he is best utilized and with which Seton core players. If you want to move salary plumlee, lamb, marco, marv and sessions are your guys

#7 buckets Posted 28 February 2017 - 12:33 PM

buckets

• Honorary Beagle

• 4,987 posts
  • Joined 27-June 15
Framing is such a powerful narrative shaper. Everything being equal, perceptions about MKG would be totally different if he stood 6'9" with the arbitrary designation of "PF" before his name. Instead of knocking him for his shortcomings we'd be talking about the crazy guard skills this precocious monster possesses.

But cause SF.
#Chodidthemath

#8 Bogg Posted 28 February 2017 - 12:56 PM

Bogg

The All-Knowing All-Seeing Cho

• 1000+ posts
  • 3,225 posts
  • Joined 06-December 12
Well, I mean, it depends on who you're in talks about. If Charlotte wants to try to get involved in the Paul George/Jimmy Butler bidding you almost have to wind up with a high pick on lottery night and be open to dealing it alongside MKG. I don't see the team dealing him for a rotation piece making less money and a late first, though.

#9 eshelmon Posted 28 February 2017 - 01:55 PM

eshelmon

Jeff "Sure I'll Start" McInnis

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 672 posts
  • Joined 04-July 13
  • LocationGreensboro

Well, I mean, it depends on who you're in talks about. If Charlotte wants to try to get involved in the Paul George/Jimmy Butler bidding you almost have to wind up with a high pick on lottery night and be open to dealing it alongside MKG. I don't see the team dealing him for a rotation piece making less money and a late first, though.

Yes, mkg is not untouchable especially with SF Batum on roster but not moving for a role player and getting significant. improvement will cost...Mag+2017 1rst and/or kaminsky. I'd stay away from George, unlike Batum, think resign him much less unlikely and not worth risk him leaving for LA. Butler might be interesting...one of reasons stated Boston didnt pull trigger is cause would not include Jae, we should not do same with mkg cause we got batum. Don't have value of Boston picks, but if mkg & kam continue finish playing well have value in bulls rebuild of pick and player acquisition.

#10 Veteran_Picksetter Posted 28 February 2017 - 08:03 PM

Veteran_Picksetter

• 1000+ posts
  • 1,727 posts
  • Joined 30-May 10

Framing is such a powerful narrative shaper. Everything being equal, perceptions about MKG would be totally different if he stood 6'9" with the arbitrary designation of "PF" before his name. Instead of knocking him for his shortcomings we'd be talking about the crazy guard skills this precocious monster possesses.

But cause SF.

Center Tyler Zeller at his combine: 8'8.5" reach. 7'0" wingspan.

"Small Forward" MKG at his combine: 8'8.5" reach. 7'0" wingspan.

In fairness, MKG had half an inch thicker shoe soles, so he'd reach 8'8" in Tyler's shoes. Still....

#11 Veteran_Picksetter Posted 28 February 2017 - 08:14 PM

Veteran_Picksetter

• 1000+ posts
  • 1,727 posts
  • Joined 30-May 10
If I'm not mistaken, MKG is the youngest player in the healthy Hornet team rotation. He's younger than Kaminsky. Only the "no-name" guys might be younger than MKG(Wood, Tobey, Graham, etc.)

If league trends continue, MKG might be the prototypical "4-man" physical specimen in a few years. A point guard, 3 wings, and a big out there as your lineup.

#12 buckets Posted 28 February 2017 - 08:59 PM

buckets

• Honorary Beagle

• 4,987 posts
  • Joined 27-June 15

Center Tyler Zeller at his combine: 8'8.5" reach. 7'0" wingspan.
"Small Forward" MKG at his combine: 8'8.5" reach. 7'0" wingspan.
In fairness, MKG had half an inch thicker shoe soles, so he'd reach 8'8" in Tyler's shoes. Still....

Yeah just look at recent opposing PF.....Blake, Randle, Leuer, Carroll, Draymond, Morris, Tolliver, Covington, Anderson, Dekker, Booker, RHJ, etc....

Some can shoot, others can't, but most have equivalent length and none defend + rebound like MKG except Draymond.

And that's without including C's such as Okafor, Lopez, Leuer after SVG acquiesced, WCS, Hamilton, etc.....
#Chodidthemath

#13 buckets Posted 28 February 2017 - 09:12 PM

buckets

• Honorary Beagle

• 4,987 posts
  • Joined 27-June 15
For example, I'm watching a game right now with 4/5's McAdoo + Draymond squaring off against Porter + Morris.

Lol that's MKG's wheelhouse. Not his fault CHA lacks proper wings.
#Chodidthemath

#14 buckets Posted 28 February 2017 - 09:20 PM

buckets

• Honorary Beagle

• 4,987 posts
  • Joined 27-June 15
Aaaaaannnd....GSW down shifts even further. 2 pgs, 2 wings, and Draymond.
#Chodidthemath

#15 Swedd523 Posted 28 February 2017 - 09:52 PM

Swedd523

• Moderators

• 9,372 posts
  • Joined 18-June 09

...opposing PF...

That's kinda the point of the argument, is it not?  MKG doesn't play as a PF.

MKG is not a wing player.  He does nothing to space the floor or pose any offensive threat outside of putbacks.  That issue is compounded with Zeller on the floor, who only poses a threat as a rim runner out of the p&r.

If we're going to maximize either one of their potential, the other needs to be either on the bench or off the team.  The modern NBA does not allow multiple non-outside threats on the floor at the same time.  I don't see a world where Cody and MKG can be paired together for any long term success.

#16 Chef Posted 28 February 2017 - 09:54 PM

Chef

• Honorary Beagle

• 9,297 posts
  • Joined 29-February 08

Aaaaaannnd....GSW down shifts even further. 2 pgs, 2 wings, and Draymond.

gotta mention the real reason and that was because their superduperstar pf/c went down with a knee.

#17 Chef Posted 28 February 2017 - 09:55 PM

Chef

• Honorary Beagle

• 9,297 posts
  • Joined 29-February 08

MKG is not a wing player.  He does nothing to space the floor or pose any offensive threat outside of putbacks.  That issue is compounded with Zeller on the floor, who only poses a threat as a rim runner out of the p&r.

If we're going to maximize either one of their potential, the other needs to be either on the bench or off the team.  The modern NBA does not allow multiple non-outside threats on the floor at the same time.  I don't see a world where Cody and MKG can be paired together for any long term success.

59481628.jpg

i see a future where they are on at different times. and that future involves frank as the starting center with cody on the bench. you could still mix the minutes up so that they both get a full game. 

mkg is so so difficult to build rotations around but i think he is worth it if the option is a lateral move or a bad trade.

#18 buckets Posted 28 February 2017 - 10:16 PM

buckets

• Honorary Beagle

• 4,987 posts
  • Joined 27-June 15

MKG is not a wing player..... I don't see a world where Cody and MKG can be paired together for any long term success.

So your lack of vision is MKG's fault too?
#Chodidthemath

#19 Swedd523 Posted 28 February 2017 - 10:22 PM

Swedd523

• Moderators

• 9,372 posts
  • Joined 18-June 09

So your lack of vision is MKG's fault too?

8deab311df059cb02a283a7f261de098.jpg

#20 Hornets85 Posted 01 March 2017 - 10:55 AM

Hornets85

Jeff "Sure I'll Start" McInnis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Joined 29-October 14
  • LocationMaplewood, NJ

MKG is a worker. I'm sure he'll be in the gym all summer working on obtaining a respectable shooting game. Kemba definitely wasn't a three-point shoot out worthy participant when he came in to the league. He worked on his craft as I expect MKG to. He has the energy and hustle of three players- all he needs is a 15-18 foot jumper that's respectable. He's salvageable because he makes his free throws at a decent clip and was making strides before the shoulder issues. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users