•  
Photo

Armchair GM Thread

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
1489 replies to this topic

Poll: Should Rich Cho be fired? (31 member(s) have cast votes)

Should Rich Cho be fired?

1. Yes (17 votes [54.84%])

Percentage of vote: 54.84%

2. No (14 votes [45.16%])

Percentage of vote: 45.16%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1121 Buzzau Posted 05 March 2018 - 07:41 PM

Buzzau

Crash

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 659 posts
  • Joined 04-November 15
  • LocationMelbourne, Aus

#1122 iowabobcat Posted 05 March 2018 - 07:44 PM

iowabobcat

The Dust Chip

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 801 posts
  • Joined 31-May 12

Really hope Gersson Rosas is the new GM

#1123 jfoster Posted 05 March 2018 - 08:18 PM

jfoster

The All-Knowing All-Seeing Beagle

• 1000+ posts
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,350 posts
  • Joined 25-April 14
  • LocationGreenville, South Carolina

Really hope Gersson Rosas is the new GM

Agreed him or Adam simon

#1124 Adam42R Posted 05 March 2018 - 09:26 PM

Adam42R

MKG's biggest fan

• Honorary Beagle

• 7,537 posts
  • Joined 22-December 10

Agreed him or Adam simon

Have to respectfully disagree there 'fos.  The only thing I'd like us to get permission to interview out of the whole of the Heat is Spolstra.  That roster is not anything I would be remotely excited about outside of what he's been able to get out of them.  

I have good and bad feelings about Rosas.  On the one hand, there's a model there for how to be constantly wheeling and dealing contracts and there's absolutely no fear at going all in with a bad hand.  But there's also that unbridled fear of going all in with a bad hand and the fear that we'd be another trade/dump partner for Dr. Morey the same way that Hinkie was.  But in the end, the model of building a roster is pretty good in HOU as I have very little respect for Pringles and Bzdelik.  

I don't know why we are going through this though as unless one of these guys has UNC gym shorts under their suits, they are just making the FOM hire look legit.  Sorry for the skepticism but that's where this debacle has me at this point.

Here comes McRoberts, the throw to Walker, it's in the aaaaaiiiiirrrr, YESSSSS! Bobcats win it! My my my, Kemba Walker. Steve Martin - Toronto 12/18/2013

#1125 BrotherDave Posted 05 March 2018 - 09:44 PM

BrotherDave

Dude, where's my car?

• 1000+ posts
  • 2,019 posts
  • Joined 01-June 12
  • LocationPJ's hood

If Rosas left the Mavs after three months b/c he didn't want to be a "yes man" to Donnie Nelson and Mark Cuban, he's definitely not going to come to Charlotte to be MJ's yes man.  I might be okay with that since he has strong ties to van Gundy and Thibodeaux, time to apply Round Up to that coaching tree (Clifford). 

Hornets hipster:  Hated Al Jefferson before it was cool.

#1126 buckets Posted 05 March 2018 - 10:29 PM

buckets

• Honorary Beagle

• 4,987 posts
  • Joined 27-June 15

Common theme appears to be NBA lifers with ties to the Colangelos, unfortunately.

#Chodidthemath

#1127 pellom Posted 06 March 2018 - 08:41 AM

pellom

• 1000+ posts
  • 1,347 posts
  • Joined 24-May 14
Anyone on that list besides Kupchak is a win, IMO.

#1128 jfoster Posted 06 March 2018 - 10:23 AM

jfoster

• 1000+ posts
  • 1,350 posts
  • Joined 25-April 14
  • LocationGreenville, South Carolina

Have to respectfully disagree there 'fos. The only thing I'd like us to get permission to interview out of the whole of the Heat is Spolstra. That roster is not anything I would be remotely excited about outside of what he's been able to get out of them.

I have good and bad feelings about Rosas. On the one hand, there's a model there for how to be constantly wheeling and dealing contracts and there's absolutely no fear at going all in with a bad hand. But there's also that unbridled fear of going all in with a bad hand and the fear that we'd be another trade/dump partner for Dr. Morey the same way that Hinkie was. But in the end, the model of building a roster is pretty good in HOU as I have very little respect for Pringles and Bzdelik.

I don't know why we are going through this though as unless one of these guys has UNC gym shorts under their suits, they are just making the FOM hire look legit. Sorry for the skepticism but that's where this debacle has me at this point.

I can see see where your coming from with that.i guess I was thinkin about the drafting of WADE and the free agents they were able to attract but when I think about it that's more of Riley and wade....no one else. Spo is really what makes that entire franchise still have success. But I'm afraid he is a heat lifer. If mj was able to pry him away...boy oh boy

I'd be interested in rosas or almost anyone because it avoids my ultimate fear of buzz or one of Jordan's lapdog as the gm of this team. Which I feel like is gunna happen whether I like it or not

#1129 Twan's Kin Posted 09 March 2018 - 06:44 AM

Twan's Kin

Ajinca (French for wasted draft pick)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 648 posts
  • Joined 19-January 10

Once we get a new GM, will we be tearing it down and re-building?

#1130 pellom Posted 09 March 2018 - 07:55 AM

pellom

• 1000+ posts
  • 1,347 posts
  • Joined 24-May 14

We should. My guess is all these candidates tell MJ that would be their plan, and as a result we get Kupchak because MJ wants to continue the slog toward mediocrity.

#1131 Mustachio Posted 09 March 2018 - 11:14 AM

Mustachio

• Honorary Beagle

• 5,970 posts
  • Joined 11-July 06

They won't have to.   The Roster basically clears out after next season.

So whoever takes over will have 4 draft picks, and 60 million dollars to build back with going into the 2019-2020 season. 

Into the crevasse!

"Climb down Lemon, Climb down"Posted Image

#1132 cltblkhscoach Posted 09 March 2018 - 01:50 PM

cltblkhscoach

Forgotten Member Of High Voltage

• 1000+ posts
  • 2,285 posts
  • Joined 03-July 06

They won't have to. The Roster basically clears out after next season.

So whoever takes over will have 4 draft picks, and 60 million dollars to build back with going into the 2019-2020 season.

Stache, thats something a lot of people havent noted and I give Cho some credit for. He established a couple of breaking points in his contract structures for the overall team, which doesnt call for a full scale rebuild. He probably knew Jordan would never go for that, but he designed flexibility in case things went south. Which, of course here we are.

Allan Bristow Is The GOAT

#1133 Adam42R Posted 09 March 2018 - 02:52 PM

Adam42R

MKG's biggest fan

• Honorary Beagle

• 7,537 posts
  • Joined 22-December 10

If I am GM, I am finding a new home for Dwight or let his agent know he won't get PT, regardless of his salary. I am (wait for it) offering MCW a two year 5.5m contract with a PO in the second.  I am going to try sign Tre to something around/under Lamb's deal for two years.  I will shop Marvin for someone of equal value that can play either the 4/5 or the 3/4.  My thought on MCW is that I want him cheap enough that he's my backup PG in year 1 with Monk splitting time at SG and some scant minutes at PG.  In year two, if he stays, he's our third PG option exclusively or something went wrong with Monk.  I want Dwight out and I don't care if that means offering him a buyout to be gone.  If I can pocket 15m out of that to pay MCW, Tre and my draft picks (which would be nice to have some versatility as a stretch 4/5), great.  I want Tre and MKG's contracts ending the same year because I am going to play "pick one."  They are both tremendous but let them fight for it.  I don't think I spent what we don't have and I don't think that's too crazy to try do.  But it will all start with a new coach and coaching staff.  When I blow it up, it will be that end of the bench, not the guys that wear rip-aways.

Here comes McRoberts, the throw to Walker, it's in the aaaaaiiiiirrrr, YESSSSS! Bobcats win it! My my my, Kemba Walker. Steve Martin - Toronto 12/18/2013

#1134 buckets Posted 09 March 2018 - 05:25 PM

buckets

• Honorary Beagle

• 4,987 posts
  • Joined 27-June 15

Silas was right to bench Monk. Clifford's allocations were wrong Game 1 and remain wrong through game 68 (and counting). Might as well of stuck with Monk and gone down in flames with a little progress to boot

Sorry but this is Dwight's team impact regardless of shiny personal numbers. He's a cautionary tale if there ever was one about production quality. Plus he's insufferable.

Biggest concern should be Kemba's thought process heading into the off-season. What he says today may be very different from what he's thinking once surrounded by friends and family away from the team....and god forbid Dwight isn't shipped or bought out prior to this summer.

Alarming how these Net Ratings are negatively correlated player salary.

*stats prior to last 2 games.

mgnlsLq.png?1

#Chodidthemath

#1135 pellom Posted 09 March 2018 - 07:41 PM

pellom

• 1000+ posts
  • 1,347 posts
  • Joined 24-May 14

Silas was right to bench Monk. Clifford's allocations were wrong Game 1 and remain wrong through game 68 (and counting). Might as well of stuck with Monk and gone down in flames with a little progress to boot

Sorry but this is Dwight's team impact regardless of shiny personal numbers. He's a cautionary tale if there ever was one about production quality. Plus he's insufferable.

Biggest concern should be Kemba's thought process heading into the off-season. What he says today may be very different from what he's thinking once surrounded by friends and family away from the team....and god forbid Dwight isn't shipped or bought out prior to this summer.

Alarming how these Net Ratings are negatively correlated player salary.

*stats prior to last 2 games.
mgnlsLq.png?1

MKG becomes a hall of famer with Dwight on the bench. Lol.

#1136 WIAN Posted 09 March 2018 - 08:28 PM

WIAN

Ajinca (French for wasted draft pick)

• 1000+ posts
  • 1,060 posts
  • Joined 01-November 08
The Hornets have to be the only team below.500 that did not alter their starting lineup (injuries aside) all year. Realistically there were only 2 parts that could move that being MKG and Marvin. The fact that absolutely nothing was tried is unbelievable and unforgivable.

I'm not as down on Dwight as some BUT all things considered he shouldn't be here. 12-18 mpg for Dwight with this productivity would be great but he's not going for that and the price is too high considering that usage.

I understand why Cho is gone but I really wish we could have seen this roster with another coach.

Could Cho still be here if he pulled the rug from under Cliff? Or was it a done deal no matter what?

#1137 cltblkhscoach Posted 09 March 2018 - 10:29 PM

cltblkhscoach

Forgotten Member Of High Voltage

• 1000+ posts
  • 2,285 posts
  • Joined 03-July 06
Cliff's headache issue probably saved his job in all honesty

Allan Bristow Is The GOAT

#1138 buckets Posted 09 March 2018 - 10:36 PM

buckets

• Honorary Beagle

• 4,987 posts
  • Joined 27-June 15

MKG becomes a hall of famer with Dwight on the bench. Lol.

Ha I'm glad you noticed. I contemplated removing it but included everything of 50+ minutes to highlight the ultra weird small sample size of Clifford's mechanical rotation. From memory this sample had MKG w/o Dwight right at 50 minutes

#Chodidthemath

#1139 BrotherDave Posted 11 March 2018 - 12:04 AM

BrotherDave

Dude, where's my car?

• 1000+ posts
  • 2,019 posts
  • Joined 01-June 12
  • LocationPJ's hood

Yeah, if only we had kept Miles Plumless and Marco Bellinelli.  Damn you Dwight Howard and your movable contract!

Hornets hipster:  Hated Al Jefferson before it was cool.

#1140 Elden Payton Posted 12 March 2018 - 02:53 AM

Elden Payton

The Dust Chip

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 576 posts
  • Joined 05-November 11
Dwight is tradeable IMO.

He's worth keeping as an expiring at the least.

Even though I don't want to trade Kemba, I think we might have to at this point.

Leaking that we would consider trading him, is one of the dumbest moves this organization has ever made IMO.

And that's saying something.

He has to be considered a flight risk IMO.

The only 2 players I'd definitely keep are Gilchrist and Monk.

Get Rosas in.

Fire Clifford.

I hope MJ blows it up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users