53 replies to this topic

#21 Founding Hornet Posted 24 January 2018 - 09:42 PM

Founding Hornet

Cardiac Kemba Walker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 871 posts
  • Joined 11-July 14
Not sure how this loss would be Dwight’s fault.

Put this one on the Captain

#22 Founding Hornet Posted 24 January 2018 - 09:43 PM

Founding Hornet

Cardiac Kemba Walker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 871 posts
  • Joined 11-July 14
Getting sick of this shit.....

Painful to watch.

#23 WIAN Posted 24 January 2018 - 09:46 PM

WIAN

Ajinca (French for wasted draft pick)

• 1000+ posts
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,058 posts
  • Joined 01-November 08

Yall keep trying to blame Dwight but I dont see it. But I aint gonna get on my soapbox anymore. Lol

No complaints from me regarding Dwight tonight. I'm wondering why he's in the game when we're down 3 and if he gets an offensive reb he going straight to kryptonite land. Let's get some spacing for drive and kick 3s.

#24 justin credible Posted 24 January 2018 - 09:48 PM

justin credible

Jeff "Sure I'll Start" McInnis

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts
  • Joined 02-June 13
kemba forces up too many bad shots in cruch time

#25 Adam42R Posted 24 January 2018 - 09:49 PM

Adam42R

MKG's biggest fan

• Honorary Beagle

• 7,329 posts
  • Joined 22-December 10

Started feeling ill when I saw him in and were down 3 coming out of the timeout I believe.

Hate to admit it and sound defeatist but that's when we packed up and left. We stuck around downstairs to watch the clock wind down before my son threw in the towel on the Kemba FT miss.

Get the feeling that whomever thought of floating the Kemba trade stuff out in the ether didn't have great foresight on the impact on his game. Think the team has been better but the Captain has taken a shot to his confidence.
Here comes McRoberts, the throw to Walker, it's in the aaaaaiiiiirrrr, YESSSSS! Bobcats win it! My my my, Kemba Walker. Steve Martin - Toronto 12/18/2013

#26 buckets Posted 24 January 2018 - 09:49 PM

buckets

The All-Knowing All-Seeing Beagle

• Honorary Beagle

• 4,987 posts
  • Joined 27-June 15

Not sure how this loss would be Dwight’s fault.

Put this one on the Captain

Dwight is in because of Clifford. Kemba's opportunities are therefore sub-optimal.

L to Clifford.

#Chodidthemath

#27 WIAN Posted 24 January 2018 - 09:52 PM

WIAN

Ajinca (French for wasted draft pick)

• 1000+ posts
  • 1,058 posts
  • Joined 01-November 08

Hate to admit it and sound defeatist but that's when we packed up and left. We stuck around downstairs to watch the clock wind down before my son threw in the towel on the Kemba FT miss.

Get the feeling that whomever thought of floating the Kemba trade stuff out in the ether didn't have great foresight on the impact on his game. Think the team has been better but the Captain has taken a shot to his confidence.

Ha!!! Told my son the same thing when we went for the 2 coming out of the timeout. My words exactly "If Kemba doesn't nail both FTs this game is likely over".

#28 Adam42R Posted 24 January 2018 - 10:00 PM

Adam42R

MKG's biggest fan

• Honorary Beagle

• 7,329 posts
  • Joined 22-December 10

Yall keep trying to blame Dwight but I dont see it. But I aint gonna get on my soapbox anymore. Lol

I wouldn't pin this loss on Dwight any more than I pinned the MIA loss on Nic.  But at the same time, there's a reality when you look on the floor that you know what you will get.  When I was looking at JOB in the first half out there, I couldn't conceive how we could stay in the game.  I was soooo happy when he got his 2nd foul that he'd be taken out for what I hoped was Marvin... alas it took his 3rd foul but the same effect.  If you don't recall that moment in time, check it out, we completely turned around with just adding Marvin and subtracting JOB.  That's not a knock on JOB, it's a knock on Clifford for having him in there to begin with.  Same with Dwight end of game, not knocking Dwight but Kemba needs room and options and Dwight being out there gives him neither. To try restate in a different way; I loved what Dwight brought in the first half.  But there are limits to how much you can go back to that well.  I have been on that train since we traded for him, he's great for us in limited minutes and usage.  If you can get him to go up within one dribble and score efficiently, fanfuckingtastic.  But if you are thinking he's Al 2.0, no way in hell that has a chance to work at end of games when everything tightens up.

Here comes McRoberts, the throw to Walker, it's in the aaaaaiiiiirrrr, YESSSSS! Bobcats win it! My my my, Kemba Walker. Steve Martin - Toronto 12/18/2013

#29 buckets Posted 24 January 2018 - 10:04 PM

buckets

• Honorary Beagle

• 4,987 posts
  • Joined 27-June 15

Mirror image of the Heat game.

a9gtwi9.png

#Chodidthemath

#30 Buzzau Posted 24 January 2018 - 10:06 PM

Buzzau

Crash

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 599 posts
  • Joined 04-November 15
  • LocationMelbourne, Aus

kemba forces up too many bad shots in cruch time

This is the elephant in the room that people don't like to mention much. Kemba holds onto the ball too long and does too much hero ball near the end of games.

#31 Adam42R Posted 24 January 2018 - 10:07 PM

Adam42R

MKG's biggest fan

• Honorary Beagle

• 7,329 posts
  • Joined 22-December 10

Mirror image of the Heat game.

a9gtwi9.png

Would think if that's Frank or Marvin (do recognize Marvin is in the corner, meaning that if there's a shooter or even Cody who's a threat from 20' there) at the 5 in that same spot, that's a find the seams-check for a cross wind-three.  And if it's covered up instead BECAUSE it's Frank or Marvin, it's an easy conversion for Kemba.

#32 Adam42R Posted 24 January 2018 - 10:10 PM

Adam42R

MKG's biggest fan

• Honorary Beagle

• 7,329 posts
  • Joined 22-December 10

This is the elephant in the room that people don't like to mention much. Kemba holds onto the ball too long and does too much hero ball near the end of games.

It's a result of whom he's out there with though.  He isn't opposed to passing.  I would say it's compounded now by what seems to be a dip in confidence/competence which i have to imagine the trade talk has created.

#33 buckets Posted 24 January 2018 - 10:10 PM

buckets

• Honorary Beagle

• 4,987 posts
  • Joined 27-June 15

I feel like you're taking criticisms aimed at Clifford and re-packaging them as something else. 

#Chodidthemath

#34 dav7z Posted 24 January 2018 - 10:11 PM

dav7z

• Honorary Beagle

• 6,058 posts
  • Joined 16-June 06

Put this lose on Clifford  again ,  He can't get the guys to finish.  He has no concept  of who needs to be playing when..With no Zeller  no way you can put this on Howard  . He played all star ball tonight.

#35 Adam42R Posted 24 January 2018 - 10:15 PM

Adam42R

MKG's biggest fan

• Honorary Beagle

• 7,329 posts
  • Joined 22-December 10

Put this lose on Clifford  again ,  He can't get the guys to finish.  He has no concept  of who needs to be playing when..With no Zeller  no way you can put this on Howard  . He played all star ball tonight.

Again, from my POV, I am not pinning this on Dwight, it's not his fault but he should not have been out there the last 4 minutes.  I put that squarely on Clifford.  Heck, I thought in many ways our bench just looked more nimble out there all night even if the +/- and score didn't concur.  I think Clifford needs to find some use of the Zen to help him coach with the flow more than stick to dogma.

#36 buckets Posted 24 January 2018 - 10:15 PM

buckets

• Honorary Beagle

• 4,987 posts
  • Joined 27-June 15

Would think if that's Frank or Marvin (do recognize Marvin is in the corner, meaning that if there's a shooter or even Cody who's a threat from 20' there) at the 5 in that same spot, that's a find the seams-check for a cross wind-three.  And if it's covered up instead BECAUSE it's Frank or Marvin, it's an easy conversion for Kemba.

One of life's great mysteries. Personally would've rolled with Kemba, Lamb, Nic, Marvin and Frank. 

#Chodidthemath

#37 buckets Posted 24 January 2018 - 10:21 PM

buckets

• Honorary Beagle

• 4,987 posts
  • Joined 27-June 15

Thus Lamb and Kaminsky. Gotta create space for Kemba, force a defensive rotation for an open Marvin C&S 3, or have another creator punish defenses leaning on Kemba.

#Chodidthemath

#38 dav7z Posted 24 January 2018 - 10:34 PM

dav7z

• Honorary Beagle

• 6,058 posts
  • Joined 16-June 06

2and19

says

coaching

#39 buckets Posted 24 January 2018 - 10:45 PM

buckets

• Honorary Beagle

• 4,987 posts
  • Joined 27-June 15

Not sure it's all on Clifford. Making a baseless guess I'd say 1/3 bad luck, 1/3 coaching, and 1/3 personnel. 

Regardless, this will remain a problem until another playmaker is acquired. In the meantime Clifford has gotta do a better job maximizing his rotations.

#Chodidthemath

#40 spaceshoes Posted 24 January 2018 - 10:58 PM

spaceshoes

• 1000+ posts
  • 1,020 posts
  • Joined 12-August 15
  • LocationFort Mill, SC
I agree with the following sentiments, some have been expressed, some haven't:

On Kembas drives: he complaining too much. He's one of the smallest guys in the league. When you go in the trees you're going to get contact. Doesn't mean a foul will be called. I've seen plenty of times where he's gotten knocked to the ground and he bounces up. On the replay, the defender goes straight up, he's just giving up too much body for it to work. I wonder how much pounding his boys can take before he starts seeing physical issues.

On Kemba hero ball: too much Kemba ISO. Everyone knows what's going to happen at the end. See my first comment.

On lineup at end of game: Agreed that a better lineup would make for a) hero ball be easier for Kemba, or B) someone better for him to pass to. Marvin has played will this season. I'm a fan. That being said, how was Lamb and Frank not out there. Lamb has been great at finishing this season. If you insist to have Howard out there then should have at least taken Marvin out tonight. Gotta go with the hot hand.

On Clifford: I like Cliff, but I think it's time for him to go. Of all the positives we've had this season, we haven't been able to put it together. While we've had injuries (everyone does), if lineups had been different at times then we would have had more victories.

On Howard: I agree that he's played well his season. He played well tonight. But he should not have been in the game at the end. Not the first time this has happened. If he's going to sulk because he gets pulled in the last minute of the game when we need a three then he doesn't need to be here. I feel as though this is the only reason why Cliff keeps him in. It's the only reason I can think of.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users