#21 Mustachio Posted 28 January 2018 - 11:40 AM

Mustachio

The All-Knowing All-Seeing Beagle

• Honorary Beagle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,958 posts
  • Joined 11-July 06

Who is the next brad stevens?

Ive been thinking. Maybe we need less of a Brad Stevens type and more of a Steve Kerr type.

This team has zero confidence in itself depsite a decent roster with an intense focus on all the right things. Conversely every team that faces us KNOWS they will win.

Clifford's constant negativity and "I'm telling you what to do you just aren't doing it" attitude
Seems to have worn thin. Maybe we need a more... I'm in this with you type of coach.

Im still a Silas guy, but if we go in a total different direction...What about Brent Barry?
Into the crevasse!

"Climb down Lemon, Climb down"Posted Image

#22 Adam42R Posted 28 January 2018 - 01:38 PM

Adam42R

MKG's biggest fan

• Honorary Beagle

• 7,434 posts
  • Joined 22-December 10
Is Tony Bennett too kitschy if you are looking at colleges? I know the pack line defense is his differentiator bit he gets buy in, in the same way Shaka Smart historically has but not sure his it's as stuck in college as Smart's style.
Here comes McRoberts, the throw to Walker, it's in the aaaaaiiiiirrrr, YESSSSS! Bobcats win it! My my my, Kemba Walker. Steve Martin - Toronto 12/18/2013

#23 QC Thundercats Posted 28 January 2018 - 01:48 PM

QC Thundercats

Quality Control

• Honorary Beagle

• 2,063 posts
  • Joined 01-June 12
I don’t know if it’s worth chasing a next brad Stevens. He’s a rare breed, maybe this generations popovich. To take butler of all schools to 2 NCAA titles games, to get a rag tag group of Celtics to #1 in the east, to take an almost brand new roster with a bunch of young dudes to another #1 seed. His coaching resume is borderline hall of fame already.

It’s like all those teams chasing the next Jordan, they twisted themselves silly trying to justify picking an athletic 2 guard over better talent (Harold miner anyone?).

But I’m not sure of the young offensive prodigies in the league right now.

#24 Chef Posted 28 January 2018 - 02:03 PM

Chef

• Honorary Beagle

• 9,395 posts
  • Joined 29-February 08

Is Tony Bennett too kitschy if you are looking at colleges? I know the pack line defense is his differentiator bit he gets buy in, in the same way Shaka Smart historically has but not sure his it's as stuck in college as Smart's style.

It's funny, I had to Google him to find out who he was. I don't watch college ball. I just sent this text to a friend yesterday.

Uva shouldn't be allowed to play. Don't nobody want to watch that except old white guys. You know, the "right way to play. Like the did in 1954"

#25 Adam42R Posted 28 January 2018 - 03:04 PM

Adam42R

MKG's biggest fan

• Honorary Beagle

• 7,434 posts
  • Joined 22-December 10

It's funny, I had to Google him to find out who he was. I don't watch college ball. I just sent this text to a friend yesterday.

Uva shouldn't be allowed to play. Don't nobody want to watch that except old white guys. You know, the "right way to play. Like the did in 1954"

His father was the first I knew of to do this out in Oregon or Washington. We (WFU) implemented it in Gaudio's to short stay there to great effect. Like I said, I wasn't sure if it was to kitschy to get you considered. Really most impressed with his ability to build and maintain a program. In our case it got minus defenders playing plus defensive basketball. But my thought of mentioning him isn't to bring that defense to the NBA, it's a youngish coach that gets buy in, in a similar way Smart does as well.

Do recall I put myself down as not the guy to ask though.
Here comes McRoberts, the throw to Walker, it's in the aaaaaiiiiirrrr, YESSSSS! Bobcats win it! My my my, Kemba Walker. Steve Martin - Toronto 12/18/2013

#26 buckets Posted 28 January 2018 - 05:19 PM

buckets

• Honorary Beagle

• 4,987 posts
  • Joined 27-June 15

Yeah not sure Bennett's style translates to the NBA level. Big fan though of what he and his father have done for WI basketball and basketball in general over the years. Kinda wild both he and Shaka are from the Madison area. 

Well, Shaka is from Madison and Tony and his dad were at UWGB and Madison prior to Washington State. 

#Chodidthemath

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users