#21 kiery101 Posted 03 February 2018 - 06:50 AM

kiery101

Captain Jack

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 423 posts
  • Joined 21-June 15
  • LocationRegensburg, Germany

If Howard isn't getting a lot of shots he isn't trying at all . Proof the 2nd half . And he is my best fantasy player and I am in first place . GO FIGURE.  I hope we can trade him for equal value be for next season.

Unfortunately true... I really liked him in the first half.

#22 kiery101 Posted 03 February 2018 - 07:09 AM

kiery101

Captain Jack

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 423 posts
  • Joined 21-June 15
  • LocationRegensburg, Germany
By the way did Kemba play the whole 2nd half again?

#23 spaceshoes Posted 03 February 2018 - 07:25 AM

spaceshoes

Al "The Beast" Jefferson

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 930 posts
  • Joined 12-August 15
  • LocationFort Mill, SC

By the way did Kemba play the whole 2nd half again?

Yes he did.

#24 Chef Posted 03 February 2018 - 07:41 AM

Chef

The All-Knowing All-Seeing Cho

• Honorary Beagle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,903 posts
  • Joined 29-February 08

Yes he did.

Unfortunately mcw is starting to play just well enough that they may not go get George hill.

BTW: mcw may be on the short list of most annoying and slightly dirty players in the league. He seems to always be complaining, jawing and in some sort of "under the radar" in game skirmishes. And not in a good way.

#25 Chef Posted 03 February 2018 - 07:45 AM

Chef

• Honorary Beagle

• 8,903 posts
  • Joined 29-February 08
http://www.charlotte...e198221519.html

Why I am so against moving kemba

#26 Adam42R Posted 03 February 2018 - 08:31 AM

Adam42R

MKG's biggest fan

• Honorary Beagle

• 6,268 posts
  • Joined 22-December 10
Speaking of dirty, I do believe Lance and Cody might not like each other too much. There was some strange overt grabbing by Lance in the first that I was pretty shocked didn't get called. Was hoping Cody was going to level him but think he was just too happy to be back playing to care.

As for MCW, I am right back in love with the guy. His doggedness on both sides of the ball last night was just hella fun to watch.
Here comes McRoberts, the throw to Walker, it's in the aaaaaiiiiirrrr, YESSSSS! Bobcats win it! My my my, Kemba Walker. Steve Martin - Toronto 12/18/2013

#27 buckets Posted 03 February 2018 - 09:40 AM

buckets

• Honorary Beagle

• 4,487 posts
  • Joined 27-June 15

Interesting sub-plot last night was Clifford revealing his hand when his back was against the wall....5 wing set, pulling Dwight for an inbounds play,  Kemba the entire 2nd half, MCW defending a larger SG handler, etc...

And finally, even with Cody back, sticking with a 9-man rotation in Marvin's absence. Guessing that means Treveon eventually gets squeezed down the road as minutes ramp up for CHA's top players, or at least the Playoffs are deemed out of reach. Depending on matchups I could even see an 8.5-man rotation with Lamb's minutes getting slightly reduced against Indiana, Milwaukee, Boston, Miami, or any other team where MCW @ SG is beneficial.

#Chodidthemath

#28 buckets Posted 03 February 2018 - 09:42 AM

buckets

• Honorary Beagle

• 4,487 posts
  • Joined 27-June 15

As for MCW, I am right back in love with the guy. His doggedness on both sides of the ball last night was just hella fun to watch.

Enjoy the ride. Keep your hands inside the roller coaster at all times!

#Chodidthemath

#29 Chef Posted 03 February 2018 - 09:57 AM

Chef

• Honorary Beagle

• 8,903 posts
  • Joined 29-February 08

Interesting sub-plot last night was Clifford revealing his hand when his back was against the wall....5 wing set, pulling Dwight for an inbounds play, Kemba the entire 2nd half, MCW defending a larger SG handler, etc...

And finally, even with Cody back, sticking with a 9-man rotation in Marvin's absence. Guessing that means Treveon eventually gets squeezed down the road as minutes ramp up for CHA's top players, or at least the Playoffs are deemed out of reach. Depending on matchups I could even see an 8.5-man rotation with Lamb's minutes getting slightly reduced against Indiana, Milwaukee, Boston, Miami, or any other team where MCW @ SG is beneficial.

Better yet, lamb traded by next week. Marv too, but that is probably asking too much

#30 buckets Posted 03 February 2018 - 10:26 AM

buckets

• Honorary Beagle

• 4,487 posts
  • Joined 27-June 15

Better yet, lamb traded by next week. Marv too, but that is probably asking too much

Yeah it dovetails with our discussion about Malik. I've advocated moving Lamb for various reasons including to free up time for Malik when possible. But that hasn't happened so what does Clifford say? Lamb and Treveon deserve a shot too.

Sometimes trading a player isn't punishment, it's an opportunity to build upon their careers. While initially disappointing, I doubt Marvin would be heartbroken for long if given a crack at the 'Ship with Lebron.

#Chodidthemath

#31 Chef Posted 03 February 2018 - 10:39 AM

Chef

• Honorary Beagle

• 8,903 posts
  • Joined 29-February 08

Yeah it dovetails with our discussion about Malik. I've advocated moving Lamb for various reasons including to free up time for Malik when possible. But that hasn't happened so what does Clifford say? Lamb and Treveon deserve a shot too.

Sometimes trading a player isn't punishment, it's an opportunity to build upon their careers. While initially disappointing, I doubt Marvin would be heartbroken for long if given a crack at the 'Ship with Lebron.

Yup, I would insist marv be "done right" for courtesy and karma reasons

#32 QC Thundercats Posted 04 February 2018 - 11:55 AM

QC Thundercats

Quality Control

• Honorary Beagle

• 2,032 posts
  • Joined 01-June 12

This is typical Hornets.  Right when you're down completely on the season, they go and do something to TOTALLY re....okay not totally, but semi redeem themselves and shine a little hope in your eyes.  Then of course, when you're back on board, they pull the football on you again before you can kick it.

BUT, there is a parallel.  Two years ago, we were fresh off of losing 9 out of 10 games and another disappointing season post Lance and Gary.  The Jazz came to town in January, and Kemba said f it and went for 52, 9, and 8 in double OT.  I remember there was the general sentiment of mehness because we couldn't put away the Jazz, and it took a herculean effort to even win.  But to me, that game felt different, like there was something that sparked.  They went on a 19-6 run, and were a couple bs wade 3 pointers from going to the second round.

Well, its January again, Kemba has carried the team to back to back determined wins.  Maybe coinciding with Cody coming back, or a now or never feeling on the team, but it kinda feels like they might make a run again.  I still feel like there needs to be a tweak on the roster to make it work, like when we brought Lee on.  I know MCW is playing better, but that backup PG still feels uncertain.  Guess we'll see.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users