#41 Hornets686 Posted 05 February 2018 - 09:50 PM

Hornets686

Jeff "Sure I'll Start" McInnis

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts
  • Joined 27-June 13
  • LocationConnecticut

Does anyone know our "rank of schedule" for the rest of the season... It looks like were playing most of the losing teams multiple times...

I don't understand the optimism. We beat atlanta-the worst team in the league. and we just had to come back from 21 down to outlast another horrible team. Remember a week or so ago when we had to hold off a late Sac Kings rally to squeeze out a win?

#42 Adam42R Posted 05 February 2018 - 09:56 PM

Adam42R

MKG's biggest fan

• Honorary Beagle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,261 posts
  • Joined 22-December 10

Does anyone know our "rank of schedule" for the rest of the season... It looks like were playing most of the losing teams multiple times...

Thought it was first or second easiest
Here comes McRoberts, the throw to Walker, it's in the aaaaaiiiiirrrr, YESSSSS! Bobcats win it! My my my, Kemba Walker. Steve Martin - Toronto 12/18/2013

#43 spaceshoes Posted 05 February 2018 - 10:03 PM

spaceshoes

Al "The Beast" Jefferson

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 928 posts
  • Joined 12-August 15
  • LocationFort Mill, SC
They just said we have 7 games against the 76ers and the Nets. We haven't played either one of them yet. Would be nice to take 3/4 against the Sixers.

#44 Founding Hornet Posted 06 February 2018 - 07:17 AM

Founding Hornet

Kemba "E-Z Pass" Walker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 683 posts
  • Joined 11-July 14
Still don’t think they do anything.

I was told that anything could happen a month ago and we started hearing Kemba rumors. I honestly think that was to light a fire under the group.

I was told a few days ago that the guys all feel slighted (All Star Weekend Snubs) and have vowed to make the playoffs. They feel they are one of the top teams in the east.

I think Mike and the gang are more interested in seeing their plan through than admitting they were wrong and blowing up the team at this point.

We shall see......

At this point, I’d take

IT, Nets Pick, Frye and Jr.
for
Kemba, Batum, 2nd and JOB

#45 pellom Posted 06 February 2018 - 08:25 AM

pellom

Kemba "E-Z Pass" Walker

• Members
  • 728 posts
  • Joined 24-May 14

I was told that anything could happen a month ago and we started hearing Kemba rumors. I honestly think that was to light a fire under the group.

I was told a few days ago that the guys all feel slighted (All Star Weekend Snubs) and have vowed to make the playoffs. They feel they are one of the top teams in the east.

I think Mike and the gang are more interested in seeing their plan through than admitting they were wrong and blowing up the team at this point.

We shall see......

At this point, I’d take

for

Do you have a sense of whether or not the team/front office would rather keep Marvin or Nic? I would guess Marvin but I don't know.

It seems most likely there are two deals that are going to happen. I don't see MJ staying near the tax line for a team that likely won't make the playoffs.

Something like:
Marv or Nix
Future 1st or Monk

for

Cap relief
Maybe take a chance on a young PG

And

Lamb

for

Young PG
or 2nd rounder.

#46 Adam42R Posted 06 February 2018 - 08:50 AM

Adam42R

MKG's biggest fan

• Honorary Beagle

• 6,261 posts
  • Joined 22-December 10
Interesting question from my pov pellom, I'd think Nic is the much more valuable player on the court for us, Marv however probably has a bigger value in a locker room or as a mentor to our young group. But the only player I'd hope we'd deal for cap relief OR practically just to force Clifford into different approach would be Dwight.
Here comes McRoberts, the throw to Walker, it's in the aaaaaiiiiirrrr, YESSSSS! Bobcats win it! My my my, Kemba Walker. Steve Martin - Toronto 12/18/2013

#47 pellom Posted 06 February 2018 - 09:22 AM

pellom

Kemba "E-Z Pass" Walker

• Members
  • 728 posts
  • Joined 24-May 14

Interesting question from my pov pellom, I'd think Nic is the much more valuable player on the court for us, Marv however probably has a bigger value in a locker room or as a mentor to our young group. But the only player I'd hope we'd deal for cap relief OR practically just to force Clifford into different approach would be Dwight.

Well, if it were me, none of my decisions would be based around what gives the team the best chance to win. We really need to tank this year. It is a very good draft. Getting that 5th pick instead of the 9th or 10th would be great.

Maybe you go for it next year with a good draft? Trade Marv or Nic, cut or trade Dwight at the draft or deadline when that expiring contract becomes super valuable, and a full tank doesn't have to happen.

Kemba-X-MKG-X-Zeller still has a ton of potential. Especially if you're able to bring Monk off the bench and have another guy like Mo Bamba, Jaren Jackson or Marvin Bagley.

#48 pellom Posted 06 February 2018 - 09:29 AM

pellom

Kemba "E-Z Pass" Walker

• Members
  • 728 posts
  • Joined 24-May 14
And honestly, if you can add the Brooklyn pick to that equation, trading Kemba becomes mighty tempting. (In this hypothetical Kemba + Nic to the Cavs)

We could seriously be looking at
Colin Sexton - JR Smith - MKG - Marv - Zeller with Lamb, Monk, Treveon and Jaren Jackson coming off the bench. That team isn't good but dammit it would be fun.

Not to mention the expiring Dwight and JR Smith contracts we could get future picks for to take on bad money.

#49 Chef Posted 06 February 2018 - 10:56 AM

Chef

The All-Knowing All-Seeing Cho

• Honorary Beagle

• 8,903 posts
  • Joined 29-February 08

And honestly, if you can add the Brooklyn pick to that equation, trading Kemba becomes mighty tempting. (In this hypothetical Kemba + Nic to the Cavs)

We could seriously be looking at
Colin Sexton - JR Smith - MKG - Marv - Zeller with Lamb, Monk, Treveon and Jaren Jackson coming off the bench. That team isn't good but dammit it would be fun.

Not to mention the expiring Dwight and JR Smith contracts we could get future picks for to take on bad money.

I agree, but I just keep coming back to how much I don't want to trade kemba. So many folks on here rightly talk about how little the charlotte area at large cares about the bobcats / hornets as compared to the first iteration. Lack of players / personalities is a big reason. Kemba is everything you can ask for to rally around. I know he isn't perfect, but if you put him in a different market (swap him with John wall) he is a 3 or 4 year all star.

#50 pellom Posted 06 February 2018 - 11:19 AM

pellom

Kemba "E-Z Pass" Walker

• Members
  • 728 posts
  • Joined 24-May 14

I agree, but I just keep coming back to how much I don't want to trade kemba. So many folks on here rightly talk about how little the charlotte area at large cares about the bobcats / hornets as compared to the first iteration. Lack of players / personalities is a big reason. Kemba is everything you can ask for to rally around. I know he isn't perfect, but if you put him in a different market (swap him with John wall) he is a 3 or 4 year all star.

I don't live in Charlotte or North Carolina so I'd defer to you guys, but is some of the Hornets steam taken away because the Panthers are there and have proven to be much more successful?

#51 Adam42R Posted 06 February 2018 - 11:22 AM

Adam42R

MKG's biggest fan

• Honorary Beagle

• 6,261 posts
  • Joined 22-December 10
I don't want picks as in I don't want the speculatives over tangibles. I will take our picks for cost reasons but not replacing real talent on spec. That's me as a many-year season ticket holder. I understand why people believe it's a good approach, and if I could just tune this team out for a few years while they retool, I might as well. But STHdom doesn't work that way. If I give up our seats, that I moved three times to get exactly what was right for us and our kids, I am back to square one when it's reengagement time. That or I continue to part with real percentage points of salary to watch a team bumble around like he Silas/Dunlap years. Even this year is becoming a harder hill to get excited to go to games, I cannot imagine trying to get my kids excited (esp. my older child) for games we are down 20 before Every half and Every win is worth storming the court because of the infrequency. And it's not just the product on the court, do I want to go back to that hallow husk of a place weekday games were in Kemba's early years.

So in my eyes, we're going to have to trade away something of value because we're not going to be taxpayers. But trading away something from the Nic, Kemba, Cody pile would represent the worst. Especially if it's for picks. The picks might be of value if not for the general malaise about what we have on our team and how we've developed them. But if were not sure if it's management or development by the staff, until that changes, I cannot see a reason to continue to give them bullets to use.

#52 Founding Hornet Posted 06 February 2018 - 11:58 AM

Founding Hornet

Kemba "E-Z Pass" Walker

• Members
  • 683 posts
  • Joined 11-July 14

Do you have a sense of whether or not the team/front office would rather keep Marvin or Nic? I would guess Marvin but I don't know.

It seems most likely there are two deals that are going to happen. I don't see MJ staying near the tax line for a team that likely won't make the playoffs.

Something like:
Marv or Nix
Future 1st or Monk

for

Cap relief
Maybe take a chance on a young PG

And

Lamb

for

Young PG
or 2nd rounder.

I really don’t know. What I do know is that everyone loves Marvin. His hustle, leadership, everything. He is also cheaper.

#53 Hornets686 Posted 08 February 2018 - 06:35 PM

Hornets686

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts
  • Joined 27-June 13
  • LocationConnecticut

I say we move Lamb into the starting lineup with Batum, have MKG come off the bench with Monk, MCW, Frank, and Zeller and go from there! 

#54 Hornets686 Posted 08 February 2018 - 06:36 PM

Hornets686

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts
  • Joined 27-June 13
  • LocationConnecticut

Being without Batum, Zeller and Coach Cliff for most of the season I can see why... They want to see what this group can do together when 100% healthy!

We shall see......

At this point, I’d take

for

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users