27 replies to this topic

#21 cltblkhscoach Posted 08 February 2018 - 10:18 PM

cltblkhscoach

Forgotten Member Of High Voltage

• 1000+ posts
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,628 posts
  • Joined 03-July 06
His highlight package I saw was all offense. He can hit a mid range jumper and he can shoot open 3s. Pretty good offensive rebounder. But I dont see him being a starter, he could be good off the bench for a few years.

Allan Bristow Is The GOAT

#22 iowabobcat Posted 10 February 2018 - 03:53 PM

iowabobcat

The Dust Chip

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 778 posts
  • Joined 31-May 12

As I always feel challenged by salary cap rules, it we cannot find a trade option for Dwight this off season and we would like to free willy, if that be the bidding of Cho and Co, does a buyout reduce the cap hit by the amount of the buyout or does his 24m remain on the team's payroll regardless?

Unless Dwight is interested in a buyout and willing to take less money in order to be bought out, we would be responsible for his whole salary. So if this offseason both parties wanted a buyout and Dwight agreed to leave $8 mil on the table, we would have a salary cap hit of $15.5 mil rather than the full $23.5 mil. IMO, it would be best for both parties to do a buyout this season. Dwight isn't apart of the future and Zeller/Hernangomez need minutes. Also it would free us up some cap space without taking on another contract. For Dwight, it would allow him to hit FA a year earlier at age 32, and not waste a year playing for a team that won't be making the playoffs. 

#23 Adam42R Posted 10 February 2018 - 04:02 PM

Adam42R

MKG's biggest fan

• Honorary Beagle

• 6,278 posts
  • Joined 22-December 10
Thanks Iowa, that's very helpful and interesting POV on free agency. Do wonder if this year us an unideal year to be a free agent with how right money is though.
Here comes McRoberts, the throw to Walker, it's in the aaaaaiiiiirrrr, YESSSSS! Bobcats win it! My my my, Kemba Walker. Steve Martin - Toronto 12/18/2013

#24 iowabobcat Posted 10 February 2018 - 04:20 PM

iowabobcat

The Dust Chip

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 778 posts
  • Joined 31-May 12

Thanks Iowa, that's very helpful and interesting POV on free agency. Do wonder if this year us an unideal year to be a free agent with how right money is though.

I agree that this is not a good year to be a FA. Though if he were to be bought out, he could take less money in Year 1 on a new deal and knowing that he's still getting paid whatever amount he would have agreed to with CHA

#25 pellom Posted 10 February 2018 - 05:25 PM

pellom

Kemba "E-Z Pass" Walker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts
  • Joined 24-May 14

Unless Dwight is interested in a buyout and willing to take less money in order to be bought out, we would be responsible for his whole salary. So if this offseason both parties wanted a buyout and Dwight agreed to leave $8 mil on the table, we would have a salary cap hit of $15.5 mil rather than the full $23.5 mil. IMO, it would be best for both parties to do a buyout this season. Dwight isn't apart of the future and Zeller/Hernangomez need minutes. Also it would free us up some cap space without taking on another contract. For Dwight, it would allow him to hit FA a year earlier at age 32, and not waste a year playing for a team that won't be making the playoffs.

It seems more likely we’ll keep Dwight until the deadline next year than take back matching money + assets and whatever team trades for him decides to negotiate a buyout.

#26 Adam42R Posted 10 February 2018 - 08:01 PM

Adam42R

MKG's biggest fan

• Honorary Beagle

• 6,278 posts
  • Joined 22-December 10

It seems more likely we’ll keep Dwight until the deadline next year than take back matching money + assets and whatever team trades for him decides to negotiate a buyout.

A lot of what I keep noodling around in my head assumes a shakeup in either coaching philosophy or coaching staff. If nothing changes, then I totally agree with you that he's likely here another 362 days.
Here comes McRoberts, the throw to Walker, it's in the aaaaaiiiiirrrr, YESSSSS! Bobcats win it! My my my, Kemba Walker. Steve Martin - Toronto 12/18/2013

#27 JGib23 Posted 11 February 2018 - 12:18 PM

JGib23

The All-Knowing All-Seeing Cho

• 1000+ posts
  • 1,373 posts
  • Joined 27-October 08
Honestly, I really like Clifford but, I feel like it’s time for new direction.

New GM
New Coach
Roster turnover this summer, (meaning hopefully a buyout of Dwight to free up playing time for Cody and Willy)

Willy splitting time with Cody seems like a good 1/2 center rotation and at a good combined price total.

Dwight won’t take kindly to being benched so, I don’t see Willy getting any significant time this year barring an injury

#28 Elden Payton Posted 11 February 2018 - 08:32 PM

Elden Payton

The Dust Chip

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts
  • Joined 05-November 11
Willy is a good player and this is a good trade.

I think we'll trade him in the off season though.

Dwight has value as an expiring and I think we'll keep Cody around.

I could see Frank, Dwight and Willy being traded.

I doubt we'd buyout Dwight and he could land us a late first IMO.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users