7 replies to this topic

#1 DeadlySwarm Posted 07 February 2018 - 02:40 PM

DeadlySwarm

Ajinca (French for wasted draft pick)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts
  • Joined 10-April 16

According to Chris Mannix of Yahoo Sports, the Charlotte Hornets have interest in Mitch Kupchak. The former Los Angeles Lakers‘ general manager is being targeted as a replacement for current Hornets’ GM Rich Cho who is in the final year of his current deal.

Mannix said that “Mitch Kupchak is believed to be a favorite among high-ranking officials to take over for Cho next summer.” He added that if this is indeed the final year for Rich Cho, Hornets’ owner Michael Jordan may not sign off on dealing Kemba Walker this season.

read on......swarmandsting.com/2018/02/06/rumor-charlotte-hornets-interested-Mitch-Kupchak/

This was from yesterday and may have no relevance due to the source and/or the fact that they made a trade since this came out, 

I thought I would share it none the less.

#2 Chef Posted 07 February 2018 - 02:47 PM

Chef

The All-Knowing All-Seeing Beagle

• Honorary Beagle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,288 posts
  • Joined 29-February 08

i am so excited to get a guy who was a terrible gm in LA. yay!

#3 DeadlySwarm Posted 07 February 2018 - 03:01 PM

DeadlySwarm

Ajinca (French for wasted draft pick)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts
  • Joined 10-April 16

i am so excited to get a guy who was a terrible gm in LA. yay!

Didn't say I like it. I am just passing on the rumor. Hopefully not going to happen.

#4 Mustachio Posted 07 February 2018 - 03:40 PM

Mustachio

• Honorary Beagle

• 5,941 posts
  • Joined 11-July 06

I don't think there is anything to this one.   I don't think Cho's seat is even relatively warm.   

I can't imagine 2-3 years ago Jordan looked at the Hornets situation and thought Cho could churn out a championship team in the age of the super team within 3 years.

I think they wanted to be competitive and relevant and I think Cho has built a roster (using dog shit ingredients to start with) that should be competitive and relevant.    Maybe we haven't been either, but I think given the roster and asset shape... little else could have realistically been done. 

So if we're using common sense, I don't see how you could fire a guy who's made some chicken salad out of chicken shit for a guy who made chicken shit out of chicken salad. 

Into the crevasse!

"Climb down Lemon, Climb down"Posted Image

#5 Adam42R Posted 07 February 2018 - 03:54 PM

Adam42R

MKG's biggest fan

• Honorary Beagle

• 7,253 posts
  • Joined 22-December 10

It would be rather odd to let Cho run through the trade deadline to allow him to be the one fielding calls if the intent is to let him go.  There is of course the potential that Jordan doesn't renew his contract but considering he's got his hands on the wheel through this week, it's odd that Jordan has already determined that he's not going to renew; unless he's told Cho you can trade Johnny and Julien but no one else ;)  And I don't see that being practical if he's "shopping" the whole starting roster.  My spitball guess is that Jordan is measuring what type of renewal, very short term or longer, he would dole out at this time.  Then again, who knows, guy might switch gears on Friday for all we know.

What wouldn't surprise me at all is if Jordan brought in Kupchak as a senior advisor that might be able to broker some exchange between staff and management because I think a lot of us feel that does need some improvement.

Here comes McRoberts, the throw to Walker, it's in the aaaaaiiiiirrrr, YESSSSS! Bobcats win it! My my my, Kemba Walker. Steve Martin - Toronto 12/18/2013

#6 pellom Posted 07 February 2018 - 04:22 PM

pellom

• 1000+ posts
  • 1,266 posts
  • Joined 24-May 14

It would be rather odd to let Cho run through the trade deadline to allow him to be the one fielding calls if the intent is to let him go. There is of course the potential that Jordan doesn't renew his contract but considering he's got his hands on the wheel through this week, it's odd that Jordan has already determined that he's not going to renew; unless he's told Cho you can trade Johnny and Julien but no one else ;) And I don't see that being practical if he's "shopping" the whole starting roster. My spitball guess is that Jordan is measuring what type of renewal, very short term or longer, he would dole out at this time. Then again, who knows, guy might switch gears on Friday for all we know.

What wouldn't surprise me at all is if Jordan brought in Kupchak as a senior advisor that might be able to broker some exchange between staff and management because I think a lot of us feel that does need some improvement.

My guess is MJ is the defacto GM right now.

#7 dav7z Posted 07 February 2018 - 06:37 PM

dav7z

• Honorary Beagle

• 6,047 posts
  • Joined 16-June 06

Who knows Mitch might be all ready be making the moves. Leaving Cho in place as a figure head  until after the trade deadline.

#8 Adam42R Posted 07 February 2018 - 08:45 PM

Adam42R

MKG's biggest fan

• Honorary Beagle

• 7,253 posts
  • Joined 22-December 10

Who knows Mitch might be all ready be making the moves. Leaving Cho in place as a figure head until after the trade deadline.

Why would one need a figurehead to get through the trade deadline? Would think that would only make things more difficult if there was confusion whom folks are dealing with. Plus, if the "Kemba on the market" stuff got out then I'm pretty sure a straw man GM would be a story that gets out there.
Here comes McRoberts, the throw to Walker, it's in the aaaaaiiiiirrrr, YESSSSS! Bobcats win it! My my my, Kemba Walker. Steve Martin - Toronto 12/18/2013

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users