49 replies to this topic

#41 WIAN Posted 09 February 2018 - 12:32 AM

WIAN

Ajinca (French for wasted draft pick)

• 1000+ posts
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,059 posts
  • Joined 01-November 08

I feel like we have a few but we just don't pass the ball around when it's winning time. So frustrating.

The follow-up to that for me is where is the accountability? The lack of passing is there when we win at times so this is engrained. Hard to change those habits.

#42 Buzzau Posted 09 February 2018 - 12:39 AM

Buzzau

Crash

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 637 posts
  • Joined 04-November 15
  • LocationMelbourne, Aus
OT

Kemba made our only 6 points (2x3)
Batum 2 misses
MKG miss
Lamb blocked twice
Frank miss

#43 Adam42R Posted 09 February 2018 - 12:44 AM

Adam42R

MKG's biggest fan

• Honorary Beagle

• 7,437 posts
  • Joined 22-December 10
I don't think we ever seem to look like like there's a plan when it's a one or two possession game in crunch time. With free exceptions, we're outmatched scheme wise in these situations. It's why I funny think we passed out other guys am seem more to be hucking the ball toward the rim vs getting a good shot. I simply don't think this coaching staff puts us in a place to win.
Here comes McRoberts, the throw to Walker, it's in the aaaaaiiiiirrrr, YESSSSS! Bobcats win it! My my my, Kemba Walker. Steve Martin - Toronto 12/18/2013

#44 Buzzau Posted 09 February 2018 - 12:48 AM

Buzzau

Crash

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 637 posts
  • Joined 04-November 15
  • LocationMelbourne, Aus

I don't think we ever seem to look like like there's a plan when it's a one or two possession game in crunch time. With free exceptions, we're outmatched scheme wise in these situations. It's why I funny think we passed out other guys am seem more to be hucking the ball toward the rim vs getting a good shot. I simply don't think this coaching staff puts us in a place to win.

I agree. We firstly have trouble getting the ball inbounds and getting up a decent shot. Every other team just seems so much more organised

#45 WIAN Posted 09 February 2018 - 12:58 AM

WIAN

• 1000+ posts
  • 1,059 posts
  • Joined 01-November 08

The part I feel we're missing in the crunch time discussion is this occurs throughout quarters at times. It's not just end game situations. Our 3rd quarters I feel have the "no plan" feel to it. We're damn near 10 games under .500 let somebody else drive man, remove all doubt.

#46 Mich_Mercer Posted 09 February 2018 - 01:15 AM

Mich_Mercer

Jeff "Sure I'll Start" McInnis

• 1000+ posts
  • 1,196 posts
  • Joined 27-June 13
  • LocationWilmington, NC
It's hard bc I really think Clifford is a good coach but It's time for another one. Hes not a head coach. Ihave no doubt we'd be a playoff team with a new coaching staff. It's not the players. It seems Clifford tells Kemba to just do it alone the last few minutes of games. We've tried doing that ALL season and it clearly doesn't work. What does work, is runnng our offense which we do well at times. I just don't know why we stop doing for periods of time every single game. We are SO close to being a top team in the east. We are barely losing every game. So frustrating

#47 WIAN Posted 09 February 2018 - 02:05 AM

WIAN

• 1000+ posts
  • 1,059 posts
  • Joined 01-November 08

It's hard bc I really think Clifford is a good coach but It's time for another one. Hes not a head coach. Ihave no doubt we'd be a playoff team with a new coaching staff. It's not the players. It seems Clifford tells Kemba to just do it alone the last few minutes of games. We've tried doing that ALL season and it clearly doesn't work. What does work, is runnng our offense which we do well at times. I just don't know why we stop doing for periods of time every single game. We are SO close to being a top team in the east. We are barely losing every game. So frustrating

I really doubt that's his message to Kemba. The million dollar question is does he offer an alternative? If he does, it's being blatantly ignored. If either is the case we need a new set of eyes on the sideline.  

#48 spaceshoes Posted 09 February 2018 - 07:38 AM

spaceshoes

The All-Knowing All-Seeing Beagle

• 1000+ posts
  • 1,034 posts
  • Joined 12-August 15
  • LocationFort Mill, SC
1. Poor inbounds sets
2. What does Dwight add to end of game scenarios? Why is he in when we need a 3? If we're going hero ball with Kemba when we're in a position to win at the end of regulation, why don't we have our best screener on the team in the game? Kemba and Nic have talked about how much they love playing with Cody, but we have to put Mr Ego on the floor at the end of the games so he won't pout. I'm ready to buy out Dwight and get him off the team.

#49 cltblkhscoach Posted 09 February 2018 - 08:16 AM

cltblkhscoach

Forgotten Member Of High Voltage

• 1000+ posts
  • 2,215 posts
  • Joined 03-July 06
I didnt understand why Frank was in over Marvin honestly. Marvin shoots better and plays better defense.

Allan Bristow Is The GOAT

#50 spaceshoes Posted 09 February 2018 - 08:47 AM

spaceshoes

The All-Knowing All-Seeing Beagle

• 1000+ posts
  • 1,034 posts
  • Joined 12-August 15
  • LocationFort Mill, SC

I didnt understand why Frank was in over Marvin honestly. Marvin shoots better and plays better defense.

I only watched the last half of the fourth quarter on. I assumed it was because of Marvins injury. Maybe tweaked it earlier or just wasn't back in form.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users