35 replies to this topic

#1 BuzzCityStinger Posted 20 February 2018 - 01:54 PM

BuzzCityStinger

Jeff "Sure I'll Start" McInnis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Joined 30-September 17

ESPN announced that the Charlotte Hornets have decided to fire Rich Cho from the position of GM. -Woj

#2 BuzzCityStinger Posted 20 February 2018 - 01:56 PM

BuzzCityStinger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Joined 30-September 17

#3 Scrapper1 Posted 20 February 2018 - 02:37 PM

Scrapper1

Sean May... Krispy-Kreme MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 437 posts
  • Joined 03-June 12
It was long overdue.
" It's rare i listen to people who never been in my position, a caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions"

#4 Mich_Mercer Posted 20 February 2018 - 03:20 PM

Mich_Mercer

• 1000+ posts
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,105 posts
  • Joined 27-June 13
  • LocationWilmington, NC
I still don't see him as doing a horrible job here. I still think if Clifford stays, nothing changes.

#5 Hoop Doctor Posted 20 February 2018 - 05:31 PM

Hoop Doctor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Joined 20-December 17

Get Cho to take Clifford with him, don't settle for a retread like Mitch K just because he went to UNC. Why not go for someone like David Griffin? Putting friends in jobs is not good business.

#6 jfoster Posted 20 February 2018 - 05:53 PM

jfoster

The All-Knowing All-Seeing Cho

• 1000+ posts
  • 1,313 posts
  • Joined 25-April 14
  • LocationGreenville, South Carolina
Not gunna lie... I am worried at the direction this franchise might soon be taking. Jordan needs less "yes men" around him not more. And the only reason i see not firing Clifford is to not owe his remaining contract

#7 DeadlySwarm Posted 20 February 2018 - 05:56 PM

DeadlySwarm

Ajinca (French for wasted draft pick)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts
  • Joined 10-April 16

How about Danny Ferry as the GM?

#8 Adam42R Posted 20 February 2018 - 06:13 PM

Adam42R

MKG's biggest fan

• Honorary Beagle

• 6,824 posts
  • Joined 22-December 10
I hear you jfoster but we know that's not a good reason to retain him.
Here comes McRoberts, the throw to Walker, it's in the aaaaaiiiiirrrr, YESSSSS! Bobcats win it! My my my, Kemba Walker. Steve Martin - Toronto 12/18/2013

#9 Founding Hornet Posted 20 February 2018 - 06:53 PM

Founding Hornet

Al "The Beast" Jefferson

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 799 posts
  • Joined 11-July 14
B Bye

Cliff gets 1 more year

#10 iowabobcat Posted 20 February 2018 - 06:58 PM

iowabobcat

The Dust Chip

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 782 posts
  • Joined 31-May 12

Gersson Rosas is an intriguing option that Woj mentioned. Though would he be interested in working for MJ? Left Dallas after a few months because of power struggle with Cuban

#11 dav7z Posted 21 February 2018 - 12:18 AM

dav7z

• Honorary Beagle

• 6,028 posts
  • Joined 16-June 06

I think  Clifford demanded who he wanted in trades . With Cho gone  Clifford loses that power .  I think Cho screwed the pooch last season  when he drafted Monk. Jordon and Mitchell had a close relationship for a few years now . Even now he wares MJs baseball number,. I think the slam dunk  and rising stars  contest  finally blew  MJs gasket. So he had had enough. Remember Cho drafted BIZ and MJ drafted Kemba. And Cho has had the reigns sense.

We got some good pieces  but Clifford has to develop  the young ones. PROBLEM  Clifford has never tried to bring young talent along . I just hope Monk hasn't lost all his confidence

#12 Mich_Mercer Posted 21 February 2018 - 01:00 AM

Mich_Mercer

• 1000+ posts
  • 1,105 posts
  • Joined 27-June 13
  • LocationWilmington, NC

I think Clifford demanded who he wanted in trades . With Cho gone Clifford loses that power . I think Cho screwed the pooch last season when he drafted Monk. Jordon and Mitchell had a close relationship for a few years now . Even now he wares MJs baseball number,. I think the slam dunk and rising stars contest finally blew MJs gasket. So he had had enough. Remember Cho drafted BIZ and MJ drafted Kemba. And Cho has had the reigns sense.

We got some good pieces but Clifford has to develop the young ones. PROBLEM Clifford has never tried to bring young talent along . I just hope Monk hasn't lost all his confidence

We've got to give Monk some meaningful minutes as the season winds down, especially if we completely fall out of it. I have no doubt he'd be further along than he is without Clifford. With Clifford, our young guys are never going to develop. It's so frustrating

#13 BrotherDave Posted 21 February 2018 - 01:30 AM

BrotherDave

Dude, where's my car?

• 1000+ posts
  • 2,019 posts
  • Joined 01-June 12
  • LocationPJ's hood

On a day I should be elated, I just have dread for what's coming down the pipe.  I have zero faith in Charlotte upgrading from Cho, especially with the names being bandied about.  I'm just going to call MJ the master of puppets since that's all he wants working for him. 

Hornets hipster:  Hated Al Jefferson before it was cool.

#14 WIAN Posted 21 February 2018 - 07:52 AM

WIAN

• 1000+ posts
  • 1,052 posts
  • Joined 01-November 08

We've got to give Monk some meaningful minutes as the season winds down, especially if we completely fall out of it. I have no doubt he'd be further along than he is without Clifford. With Clifford, our young guys are never going to develop. It's so frustrating

When we "fall out of it" the minutes are immediately meaningless. Nothing like watching young guys shine with absolutely nothing on the line. Boston, Utah and Philly have a great situation as their youth movement is getting experience and will do so in the playoffs in some intances.

#15 Mich_Mercer Posted 21 February 2018 - 09:06 AM

Mich_Mercer

• 1000+ posts
  • 1,105 posts
  • Joined 27-June 13
  • LocationWilmington, NC

When we "fall out of it" the minutes are immediately meaningless. Nothing like watching young guys shine with absolutely nothing on the line. Boston, Utah and Philly have a great situation as their youth movement is getting experience and will do so in the playoffs in some intances.

I would have liked him playing the whole season but it seems this is the only way it's possible. Even then, I still don't trust Clifford to give me a lot of burn.

#16 cltblkhscoach Posted 21 February 2018 - 10:07 AM

cltblkhscoach

Forgotten Member Of High Voltage

• 1000+ posts
  • 1,991 posts
  • Joined 03-July 06

WIAN I totally disagree. Those minutes are very valuable for evaluation and getting some type of rhythm going with playing groups. With 10 of these guys under contract next season, it's like an extended training camp for new ideas also. 

I remember way back when Dirk was young with the Dallas Mavericks, they got hot the year before they got really good playing those meaningless games at the end of a non playoff year. They took off right after that. 

Allan Bristow Is The GOAT

#17 WIAN Posted 21 February 2018 - 01:45 PM

WIAN

• 1000+ posts
  • 1,052 posts
  • Joined 01-November 08

WIAN I totally disagree. Those minutes are very valuable for evaluation and getting some type of rhythm going with playing groups. With 10 of these guys under contract next season, it's like an extended training camp for new ideas also.

I remember way back when Dirk was young with the Dallas Mavericks, they got hot the year before they got really good playing those meaningless games at the end of a non playoff year. They took off right after that.

I would agree if there was a new regime on the sidelines and we were trying to build something. Cliff stated early in the season now is not the time for on job training. This Monk situation has been mismanaged to say the least and to throw him out there now with a second unit composed of upcoming FA would not be beneficial to his development in my opinion.

#18 BuzzBuzz Posted 21 February 2018 - 02:04 PM

BuzzBuzz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Joined 03-February 18

Finally the Hornets make a really good decision!

#19 BuzzBuzz Posted 21 February 2018 - 02:27 PM

BuzzBuzz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Joined 03-February 18

giphy.gif

#20 Mustachio Posted 21 February 2018 - 03:03 PM

Mustachio

• Honorary Beagle

• 5,847 posts
  • Joined 11-July 06

I'm really glad I'm not pathetic enough to sit around and troll spam a message board.... get banned and then make a new account a week later and start again.    I mean think about the sadness in that life.   Where ever your dad touches you, I hope you get better.  

Into the crevasse!

"Climb down Lemon, Climb down"Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users