35 replies to this topic

#21 BuzzBuzz Posted 21 February 2018 - 04:12 PM

BuzzBuzz

Jeff "Sure I'll Start" McInnis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Joined 03-February 18

I'm really glad I'm not pathetic enough to sit around and troll spam a message board.... get banned and then make a new account a week later and start again.    I mean think about the sadness in that life.   Where ever your dad touches you, I hope you get better.  

Good riddance Mr. Cho, feel free to take all your fanboys with you

This is one of the best days in Hornets history in a very long time, things are looking up!

xMzD4_s-200x150.gif?c=popkey-web&p=popke

#22 Swedd523 Posted 21 February 2018 - 09:34 PM

Swedd523

The All-Knowing All-Seeing Cho

• Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,300 posts
  • Joined 18-June 09

POPULAR

Hey HornetsBro/BuzzBuzz, I can look you up via IP address to confirm ID.

Bye again

#23 cltblkhscoach Posted 21 February 2018 - 10:47 PM

cltblkhscoach

Forgotten Member Of High Voltage

• 1000+ posts
  • 1,991 posts
  • Joined 03-July 06
Thanks

Allan Bristow Is The GOAT

#24 jfoster Posted 21 February 2018 - 11:48 PM

jfoster

• 1000+ posts
  • 1,313 posts
  • Joined 25-April 14
  • LocationGreenville, South Carolina

Hey HornetsBro/BuzzBuzz, I can look you up via IP address to confirm ID.

Bye again

Sweed with the Almighty Ban Hammer!

#25 CarolinaKat Posted 07 March 2018 - 02:06 AM

CarolinaKat

The Mouth of the South

• 1000+ posts
  • 3,469 posts
  • Joined 04-February 11
  • LocationSyracuse, New York 😢
Is this true....i have been out the loop for a long time

#26 Adam42R Posted 09 April 2018 - 09:49 PM

Adam42R

MKG's biggest fan

• Honorary Beagle

• 6,824 posts
  • Joined 22-December 10
So wait a minute, the whole notion of Cho's departure was that he wasn't respected around the NBA. Is this shitshow offer supposed to represent that lack of respect?

https://wp.me/p5O7Gu-4VzX
Here comes McRoberts, the throw to Walker, it's in the aaaaaiiiiirrrr, YESSSSS! Bobcats win it! My my my, Kemba Walker. Steve Martin - Toronto 12/18/2013

#27 cltblkhscoach Posted 09 April 2018 - 10:29 PM

cltblkhscoach

Forgotten Member Of High Voltage

• 1000+ posts
  • 1,991 posts
  • Joined 03-July 06
Its a very disrepectful offer for sure. Lol

Allan Bristow Is The GOAT

#28 Adam42R Posted 09 April 2018 - 10:41 PM

Adam42R

MKG's biggest fan

• Honorary Beagle

• 6,824 posts
  • Joined 22-December 10

Its a very disrepectful offer for sure. Lol

Right, but coming from SVG to a Cliff-coached team, I'm smelling something rather stinky. In fact, I've pretty much convinced myself I am seeing the connection between part A and part B here of why we no longer have Cho and am pretty disgusted.

P.S. It's not the offer that's bothering me, it's the fact that Kemba being shopped got out there and seeing the other party on this offer. As Kroeger relayed from a FO exec, these conversations happen all the time. They just don't get out there.
Here comes McRoberts, the throw to Walker, it's in the aaaaaiiiiirrrr, YESSSSS! Bobcats win it! My my my, Kemba Walker. Steve Martin - Toronto 12/18/2013

#29 WIAN Posted 09 April 2018 - 11:00 PM

WIAN

Ajinca (French for wasted draft pick)

• 1000+ posts
  • 1,052 posts
  • Joined 01-November 08

Right, but coming from SVG to a Cliff-coached team, I'm smelling something rather stinky. In fact, I've pretty much convinced myself I am seeing the connection between part A and part B here of why we no longer have Cho and am pretty disgusted.

P.S. It's not the offer that's bothering me, it's the fact that Kemba being shopped got out there and seeing the other party on this offer. As Kroeger relayed from a FO exec, these conversations happen all the time. They just don't get out there.

Hey when the ship is sinking I guess you have to save yourself ???

#30 Founding Hornet Posted 10 April 2018 - 07:11 AM

Founding Hornet

Al "The Beast" Jefferson

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 799 posts
  • Joined 11-July 14
I don’t think that was the offer, that’s BS. They were sending the PG as well.

#31 Adam42R Posted 10 April 2018 - 08:33 AM

Adam42R

MKG's biggest fan

• Honorary Beagle

• 6,824 posts
  • Joined 22-December 10
The offer is far less interesting to me than the partner here, that partners relationship with our coach, and the fact our laundry got out at all.

#32 pellom Posted 10 April 2018 - 11:05 AM

pellom

• 1000+ posts
  • 1,058 posts
  • Joined 24-May 14
I don’t think that offer is as disrespectful as you all do. Tobias feels like a clear upgrade over MKG and I’d take their first gladly. They might have to add one more to seal the deal for me though.

#33 Adam42R Posted 10 April 2018 - 11:18 AM

Adam42R

MKG's biggest fan

• Honorary Beagle

• 6,824 posts
  • Joined 22-December 10
(Tobias Harris + FRP) for (Kemba Walker and MKG) is laugh out loud funny pellom. But again, that's not the story here IMO.

#34 JGib23 Posted 10 April 2018 - 01:01 PM

JGib23

• 1000+ posts
  • 1,412 posts
  • Joined 27-October 08

It couldn't be that deal because it wouldn't work under the salary cap. I believe Detroit would have needed another 7-9 million added in added to work.

#35 WIAN Posted 13 April 2018 - 04:56 PM

WIAN

• 1000+ posts
  • 1,052 posts
  • Joined 01-November 08
As expected we're hearing high praise regarding Cliff as his tenure with the Hornets has come to an end. But looking back at our successful runs under the Cliff/Cho era I have to give a convincing nod to Cho in those years.

The All-NBA performance from Big Al and masterful pinch post offensive work from McBob that first year proved to be excellent signings.

The second playoff run sparked by notable contract year performances that were right on time and the emergence of Kemba.

I understand why both are gone but looking back our success coincides with some great front office moves. Which again makes this year so disappointing considering the moves made to improve the roster from last year.

#36 Demon DeaCat Posted 15 April 2018 - 06:49 PM

Demon DeaCat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts
  • Joined 17-April 09

Cho seemed out of his depth here.  Our "success" was defined by two first round playoff exits. And those notable contract year performances were part of the problem.  They were fools gold that were followed by predictably lackluster play.  I mean, who didn't see that coming with Marvin? He, along with Zeller and MKG are role players at best who wouldn't start for most decent teams. And while Nic is a solid player, his deal was one of the worst in the league before the ink was dry.  You simply can't pay slightly above average players star money. The money and years owed to all these guys is an example the type of gross mismanagement for which Cho's regime will be remembered.   And that's to say nothing of his inept talent evaluation and poor drafting. And on top of that...he traded for Miles Plumlee!

I don't know if Kupchak is the answer or not, but Cho clearly wasn't. Not shedding any tears for Clifford either.  Perhaps he will land somewhere else this off-season.  He can take MKG with him and assemble his dream team of defensive stoppers who can't shoot.  I've never seen an organization more enamored with average players than this one.  It's maddening!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users