#1 kiery101 Posted 25 February 2018 - 01:48 PM

kiery101

Captain Jack

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 472 posts
  • Joined 21-June 15
  • LocationRegensburg, Germany
As of now I might be a bit over enthusiastic but we're looking like a Basketball team.

#2 Mustachio Posted 25 February 2018 - 01:59 PM

Mustachio

The All-Knowing All-Seeing Cho

• Honorary Beagle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,847 posts
  • Joined 11-July 06
This is exactly why Clifford has to go. This roster, (and last year's, and the year before) are capable of great basketball.

We fire the guy who builds it, but commit to the guy who can't consistently win with it.
Into the crevasse!

"Climb down Lemon, Climb down"Posted Image

#3 WIAN Posted 25 February 2018 - 02:05 PM

WIAN

Ajinca (French for wasted draft pick)

• 1000+ posts
  • 1,052 posts
  • Joined 01-November 08

This is exactly why Clifford has to go. This roster, (and last year's, and the year before) are capable of great basketball.

We fire the guy who builds it, but commit to the guy who can't consistently win with it.

Interesting take

#4 dnbman Posted 25 February 2018 - 02:06 PM

dnbman

Existential Crisis Manager

• Moderators

• 5,785 posts
  • Joined 25-June 07

Hornets apparently are intrigued by winning the tie-breaker with Detroit.

#5 kiery101 Posted 25 February 2018 - 02:42 PM

kiery101

Captain Jack

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 472 posts
  • Joined 21-June 15
Oh my... and we started so well. There goes my hope to see some good minutes for Monk on Co.
What happens to our lovely team ball?

#6 kiery101 Posted 25 February 2018 - 02:55 PM

kiery101

Captain Jack

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 472 posts
  • Joined 21-June 15
Interesting Stat shown on TV regarding Jeremy Lamb: He's +20 with only 3 points scored so far.

#7 Mich_Mercer Posted 25 February 2018 - 03:50 PM

Mich_Mercer

Jeff "Sure I'll Start" McInnis

• 1000+ posts
  • 1,105 posts
  • Joined 27-June 13
  • LocationWilmington, NC

I agree so much with this. Cho built a really talented team.... Cliff just doesn't know how to use it.

#8 cltblkhscoach Posted 25 February 2018 - 04:39 PM

cltblkhscoach

Forgotten Member Of High Voltage

• 1000+ posts
  • 1,991 posts
  • Joined 03-July 06
4 in a row, longest streak this year. Caught some of the first half, they really shared the ball well and Frank is playing really well. Amazing how much better we are when he plays well.

Cliff said 3 point shooting and shooting in general has been the problem. They have shot well out of the break, but is it a trend or a change?

Allan Bristow Is The GOAT

#9 dnbman Posted 25 February 2018 - 04:48 PM

dnbman

• Moderators

• 5,785 posts
  • Joined 25-June 07

Don't want to deflect legit criticism away from coach, but do want to throw out there that right before all-star was the first time this season everybody was healthy. 

#10 Adam42R Posted 25 February 2018 - 05:09 PM

Adam42R

MKG's biggest fan

• Honorary Beagle

• 6,824 posts
  • Joined 22-December 10

Don't want to deflect legit criticism away from coach, but do want to throw out there that right before all-star was the first time this season everybody was healthy. 

Your argument is one that I used often myself in defense of Clifford but there's a reality that this particular roster, even with men down, is still the best roster we have fielded since the rebirth of the franchise.  How you cannot play winning basketball consistently with 9/10ths of this roster is mind boggling to me.  I feel we are benefitting right now by the fact Dwight got a good rest in the break.  Clifford plays him way too many minutes and he goes from a positive part on the floor to a negative (stops blocking out, stops setting screens, doesn't bother even tilting toward closing out on a 3p shooter).  Those things happen because he's being played the same number of minutes as his age.  So I worry that if Clifford doesn't read the tea leaves, we'll have a very good 10 games out of the shoot here but then be right back in the stink the last 15.

Here comes McRoberts, the throw to Walker, it's in the aaaaaiiiiirrrr, YESSSSS! Bobcats win it! My my my, Kemba Walker. Steve Martin - Toronto 12/18/2013

#11 dnbman Posted 25 February 2018 - 05:34 PM

dnbman

• Moderators

• 5,785 posts
  • Joined 25-June 07

Your argument is one that I used often myself in defense of Clifford but there's a reality that this particular roster, even with men down, is still the best roster we have fielded since the rebirth of the franchise.  How you cannot play winning basketball consistently with 9/10ths of this roster is mind boggling to me.  I feel we are benefitting right now by the fact Dwight got a good rest in the break.  Clifford plays him way too many minutes and he goes from a positive part on the floor to a negative (stops blocking out, stops setting screens, doesn't bother even tilting toward closing out on a 3p shooter).  Those things happen because he's being played the same number of minutes as his age.  So I worry that if Clifford doesn't read the tea leaves, we'll have a very good 10 games out of the shoot here but then be right back in the stink the last 15.

Yeah, I'm on the fence. But the things I consider are that Batum's game is based on the whole team being on the same page. When you have so many guys missing time, especially Cody, I think it makes it hard to gel. Again, judge him as you will. 

#12 nowhere fast Posted 25 February 2018 - 07:39 PM

nowhere fast

Sean May... Krispy-Kreme MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 271 posts
  • Joined 16-May 17

The difference in how they were playing before and after, you'd think Cho was the coach.  Steve's coaching for his job but how's that for a vote of confidence.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users