#1 spaceshoes Posted 20 March 2018 - 08:10 PM

spaceshoes

Al "The Beast" Jefferson

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 978 posts
  • Joined 12-August 15
  • LocationFort Mill, SC
Just curious. They make a big deal about the number of STH. What is everyone's status for next year? Looking to join for the first time? Giving your current tickets up? Upgrading your seats? Downgrading? Staying the same?

I may end up moving down low if I can find ones in a good spot. Either that or stay the same.

#2 Adam42R Posted 20 March 2018 - 10:16 PM

Adam42R

MKG's biggest fan

• Honorary Beagle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,501 posts
  • Joined 22-December 10
We're staying pat with the front row 200s, can't beat that for little kids to have no viewing obstruction plus their own ledge.
Here comes McRoberts, the throw to Walker, it's in the aaaaaiiiiirrrr, YESSSSS! Bobcats win it! My my my, Kemba Walker. Steve Martin - Toronto 12/18/2013

#3 CableBoxCat Posted 21 March 2018 - 03:29 AM

CableBoxCat

The Dust Chip

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts
  • Joined 19-May 12

We're staying pat with the front row 200s

This. They're doing a price freeze for the next two seasons, so I at least don't need to worry about the price going up anytime soon (though that would have been a pretty gutsy move to raise prices after such a disappointing season).

I'm likely to skip the relocation event, as I already consider my seats to be the "best" in their price point, and don't feel the need to move downstairs. I actually legitimately think the first rows in the Upper Level offer a better view than the higher rows in the Lower Level corners (which can "letterbox" your view).

I do know a couple people that are going to be new STHs next season. They were persuaded by the promise of being entered into the "NBA All-Star game ticket lottery," which made me laugh. I'm under no illusions that any of us have even a remote chance of getting tickets for that, but if the team is successfully selling people on that chance (however illusory), then more power to them. Then again, if some newbie gets tickets, and those of us that have been STHs since the Bobcats years get shut out, I'll likely have some choice words for my rep.

#4 Adam42R Posted 21 March 2018 - 01:59 PM

Adam42R

MKG's biggest fan

• Honorary Beagle

• 6,501 posts
  • Joined 22-December 10
I'm just in it for the jacket at this point ;)
Here comes McRoberts, the throw to Walker, it's in the aaaaaiiiiirrrr, YESSSSS! Bobcats win it! My my my, Kemba Walker. Steve Martin - Toronto 12/18/2013

#5 GeraldWallaceMVP Posted 21 March 2018 - 02:48 PM

GeraldWallaceMVP

Dwight's Only Fan

• 1000+ posts
  • 1,738 posts
  • Joined 23-February 15
  • LocationQueen City, Charlotte NC
One day...

#6 spaceshoes Posted 21 March 2018 - 04:41 PM

spaceshoes

Al "The Beast" Jefferson

• Members
  • 978 posts
  • Joined 12-August 15
  • LocationFort Mill, SC

Haha, just got the email about putting in an order. Not sure if I'll ever wear it haha.

#7 Adam42R Posted 21 March 2018 - 07:26 PM

Adam42R

MKG's biggest fan

• Honorary Beagle

• 6,501 posts
  • Joined 22-December 10

Haha, just got the email about putting in an order. Not sure if I'll ever wear it haha.

Going to order the extra for my son. It might be the most excitement for him of the past two months in Hornets land.

#8 CableBoxCat Posted 22 March 2018 - 12:28 AM

CableBoxCat

The Dust Chip

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts
  • Joined 19-May 12

One of the things that consistently perturbs me about the Hornets' STH policies is that they give one of these gifts per account, instead of one per seat. So if you have one season ticket you get one jacket, but if you have two tickets, you get... one jacket.

Seems unfair, but I suppose you could make a similar argument if you have a really expensive seat, and someone in a cheaper seat gets the exact same gift. On the other hand, in the past, those with the expensive seats have gotten better gifts (e.g. the year the pricey seats got the poster with the real MJ autograph, and the rest of us got the facsimile).

#9 HokieHornet Posted 27 March 2018 - 11:55 PM

HokieHornet

Jeff "Sure I'll Start" McInnis

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts
  • Joined 13-August 13
Wait a sec, it's a lottery for all star seats? STH don't get first option to buy their own??

#10 spaceshoes Posted 28 March 2018 - 07:05 AM

spaceshoes

Al "The Beast" Jefferson

• Members
  • 978 posts
  • Joined 12-August 15
  • LocationFort Mill, SC

Wait a sec, it's a lottery for all star seats? STH don't get first option to buy their own??

As much as I'd love that to be the case, with all the corporate stuff that happens over the course of the weekend, there's no way they could make that happen. That'd be like saying that Falcons STH get first crack at Super Bowl tickets this past year. Just not going to happen. It would be interesting to know how many seats are available to STH.

#11 Adam42R Posted 28 March 2018 - 07:38 AM

Adam42R

MKG's biggest fan

• Honorary Beagle

• 6,501 posts
  • Joined 22-December 10
ASG isn't about us (local fans), that's just the financial reality.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users