12 replies to this topic

#1 Adam42R Posted 01 April 2018 - 01:51 PM

Adam42R

MKG's biggest fan

• Honorary Beagle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,273 posts
  • Joined 22-December 10
Here at the energy free Spectrum Center at "Swarm Time" and wondering if everyone is pretty much done, including me.
Here comes McRoberts, the throw to Walker, it's in the aaaaaiiiiirrrr, YESSSSS! Bobcats win it! My my my, Kemba Walker. Steve Martin - Toronto 12/18/2013

#2 cltblkhscoach Posted 01 April 2018 - 01:52 PM

cltblkhscoach

Forgotten Member Of High Voltage

• 1000+ posts
  • 2,147 posts
  • Joined 03-July 06
Lol, yeah pretty much. One home game left and we can focus on an interesting offseason 100%.

Allan Bristow Is The GOAT

#3 Adam42R Posted 01 April 2018 - 01:55 PM

Adam42R

MKG's biggest fan

• Honorary Beagle

• 7,273 posts
  • Joined 22-December 10
This hilarious post up shit is hard to watch. Like what gravity do you get with a pass into the post that never gets closer than 12-15 ' from the rim and passing out remains on the strong side?
Here comes McRoberts, the throw to Walker, it's in the aaaaaiiiiirrrr, YESSSSS! Bobcats win it! My my my, Kemba Walker. Steve Martin - Toronto 12/18/2013

#4 kiery101 Posted 01 April 2018 - 01:59 PM

kiery101

Captain Jack

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 503 posts
  • Joined 21-June 15
  • LocationRegensburg, Germany
We've been tough to watch the last two games.
Compared to this Sixers we look like some old men playing in the Park. They're running, we're walking.

#5 cltblkhscoach Posted 01 April 2018 - 02:12 PM

cltblkhscoach

• 1000+ posts
  • 2,147 posts
  • Joined 03-July 06
I would to see some of the creativity the Sixers use in getting guys shots for guys like Malik and Jeremy.

#6 cltblkhscoach Posted 01 April 2018 - 06:21 PM

cltblkhscoach

• 1000+ posts
  • 2,147 posts
  • Joined 03-July 06
Malik with double digit scoring in 4 of the last 5 games and showing some real growth. Dell pointed it out today. Extrapolate that with Mitchell's volume and he would be getting some similar love.

#7 GeraldWallaceMVP Posted 02 April 2018 - 09:03 AM

GeraldWallaceMVP

Dwight's Only Fan

• 1000+ posts
  • 2,133 posts
  • Joined 23-February 15
  • LocationQueen City, Charlotte NC
Malik has been player very good lately, great signs for next season. Hopefully he gets the nod as a starter or becomes the 6th man. Even if it means trading MKG or Lamb. I feel like developing Malik should be one of our top priorities

#8 cltblkhscoach Posted 02 April 2018 - 09:44 AM

cltblkhscoach

• 1000+ posts
  • 2,147 posts
  • Joined 03-July 06

Malik has been player very good lately, great signs for next season. Hopefully he gets the nod as a starter or becomes the 6th man. Even if it means trading MKG or Lamb. I feel like developing Malik should be one of our top priorities

I don't think any of them needs to be traded, I just think some minutes and starting roles need to be adjusted. Start Lamb, bring MKG off the bench, get a big PG to pair with Monk off the bench, and you can have Monk as the 6th man. Lamb has improved enough, and MKG hasn't grown enough, to where they should adjust their positions in the starting lineup. 

Like it was said in the other forum, if they still insist on MKG starting, Dwight can't be with him. 4 out or 5 out is where we need to be. If you presume Cody is the starter and Wily the backup at C, they don't have consistent range to space the floor. MKG on the bench, yeah the starters may have some defensive concerns but once again this is about identity. We can be a strong offensive team and decent defensive team, and have a clear identity going forward. 

Marvin at the 4 is a problem, but in a motion offense where you space the floor consistently he may be able to still be effective and give you leadership on the defensive end also. His minutes along with Frank's though need to be almost even at this point. 

#9 Adam42R Posted 02 April 2018 - 09:57 AM

Adam42R

MKG's biggest fan

• Honorary Beagle

• 7,273 posts
  • Joined 22-December 10
Agreed that trading Lamb and/or MKG doesn't seem like a necessity. I cannot see a world where trading Dwight however isn't one. I am stuck by the sheer amount of disdain that both Nic and MKG continue to get when I see a much bigger Marvin Williams problem than either of the others. Where I can see how both Mike and Nic can contribute in very meaningful ways, I don't see that for Williams

#10 cltblkhscoach Posted 02 April 2018 - 10:10 AM

cltblkhscoach

• 1000+ posts
  • 2,147 posts
  • Joined 03-July 06
Marv has issues too, but I think he gets more of a pass with veteran leadership and intangibles which are off the charts according to his teammates and the coaches. That counts for a lot, but if Frank wasnt so terrible at defense Id suggest replacing him.

Batum I think has 2 issues - health and fit. I think he fits best at the 3, always has. You accept him as the #3 and let him be creative. Kemba and Lamb have to be the primaries unless they can find a dynamic guy at the 4.

MKG is what he is now, move him to the bench and make that a strength and have him rotate in end game situations. I would love to have him lock down the #1 wing threat in the 2nd and 4th quarters and limit teams in that way.

#11 kiery101 Posted 02 April 2018 - 10:13 AM

kiery101

Captain Jack

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 503 posts
  • Joined 21-June 15
  • LocationRegensburg, Germany
Motion offense is the key word coach. Even with four out, one in this team needs more movement off the ball.
You can always see two or three guys standing around and watch.

#12 cltblkhscoach Posted 02 April 2018 - 10:23 AM

cltblkhscoach

• 1000+ posts
  • 2,147 posts
  • Joined 03-July 06

Motion offense is the key word coach. Even with four out, one in this team needs more movement off the ball.
You can always see two or three guys standing around and watch.

Yeah, unless you have a James Harden or that type of dynamic scorer, I dont think thats the way to go as a primary offensive set. We have some nice motion sets - Id put my money they come from Silas Jr - but we dont run them enough.

#13 buckets Posted 02 April 2018 - 10:42 AM

buckets

The All-Knowing All-Seeing Beagle

• Honorary Beagle

• 4,987 posts
  • Joined 27-June 15

Trading Lamb seems fairly inevitable if the new FO keeps this group relatively intact. Perhaps MKG gets moved but he doesn't share the over-lapping tendencies that makes playing Monk and Lamb together problematic. Monk getting heavier minutes -- which should be the goal -- requires a specific type of backup PG and as many MKG type defenders as possible.

Also, Lamb tends to struggle a bit against better defenses. Not necessarily his fault but it's generally par for the course with individual scorers who need PnR and aren't intuitive passers. Monk on the other hand has waaay higher scoring tendencies -- the primary difference being he doesn't always need a screen and his guarded pullups should eventually translate to Q4 better than Lamb

#Chodidthemath

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users