•  
Photo

Explain the Draft Prospects to DNBMan (official)

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 dnbman Posted 18 May 2018 - 04:45 PM

dnbman

Existential Crisis Manager

• Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,897 posts
  • Joined 25-June 07

This is what I need: 

1. Three players you like that will be reasonably available at #11. 

2. One player that you think would be worth moving up for. 

3. One late first round or second round selection that you think would benefit us. 

4. Player most overrated at the moment. 

5. Player being most underrated at the moment.

#2 TooCool Posted 19 May 2018 - 11:24 PM

TooCool

Look Ma, No Hands

• Moderators

• 2,392 posts
  • Joined 15-November 09
  • LocationPerth, Australia

I'll like to piggyback this thread and be educated by you college ball watchers as well.

As we dont get a glimpse of college ball; really interested to see what fellow planeteers have to say.

praise_the_sun_banner_by_mrwallas79-d53g

#3 Founding Hornet Posted 20 May 2018 - 12:16 AM

Founding Hornet

Cardiac Kemba Walker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 871 posts
  • Joined 11-July 14
Shai
Shai
Shai

#4 ziggy Posted 20 May 2018 - 03:55 PM

ziggy

Administrator

• Administrators

• 13,355 posts
  • Joined 05-January 06

Shai
Shai
Shai

Who would be the current or former NBA player that would be the best comparison to him in play style and  body type?

Help support HornetsPlanet by using our affiliate link for your Amazon shopping needs!

#5 ammofan Posted 20 May 2018 - 05:30 PM

ammofan

Air Ammo

• 1000+ posts
  • 4,023 posts
  • Joined 31-December 06

This is what I need: 

1. Three players you like that will be reasonably available at #11. 

2. One player that you think would be worth moving up for. 

3. One late first round or second round selection that you think would benefit us. 

4. Player most overrated at the moment. 

5. Player being most underrated at the moment.

1. SGA (tall/long PG, athletic, good defender, Collin Sexton (scoring PG, aggressive/explosive although a little smaller at just 6'2), Wendell Carter (athletic big, reminds me of a better version of Cody).

2. Doncic. I really like him. I'm all into the versatile, ball movement euro-game and this kid can run that type of offense in game 1. He's a 6'8 PG that can shoot, pass and rebound. Decent athletic ability. Reminds me of a more aggressive Batum. Very creative and flashy with a competitive spirit. 

3. Donte DiVincenzo performed well at combine and obviously put on a show in the NCAA tourney. He could be a steal in the 25-30 range. Aaron Holliday really shined for UCLA offensively this year. He played 3 years as well in addition to having NBA brothers. Lonnie Walker could grow to be a starter/6th man caliber player that plays both ends. Dzanan Musa is a bit of a mystery but has talent and fire.

4. Jaren Jackson Jr and Mikal Bridges. JJJ is really young and seems to have all the tools to be great. However, I'm not sure what he does "great". Mikal didn't surge until his 3rd season and I'm worried he ends up being very average at the next level. 

5. Maybe Trae Young. I don't believe he's Steph, mostly because I question his basketball IQ. However, I think he definitely has the skills to be an impact player. He can definitely shoot and he knows how to set up teammates as well. Michael Porter Jr could also come out and really surprise people. We haven't seen him play but he certainly has top level talent on the offensive end. Hamidou Diallo could be a 2nd rd surprise.

#6 pellom Posted 20 May 2018 - 06:06 PM

pellom

The All-Knowing All-Seeing Beagle

• 1000+ posts
  • 1,266 posts
  • Joined 24-May 14

Who would be the current or former NBA player that would be the best comparison to him in play style and body type?

Delon Wright is a good comp. Worst case scenario he’s MCW.

#7 powellrmp Posted 21 May 2018 - 12:02 PM

powellrmp

• 1000+ posts
  • 1,009 posts
  • Joined 19-April 16

Who would be the current or former NBA player that would be the best comparison to him in play style and  body type?

...MCW. Buckets, I'm normally with you on things but i'll have to disagree on your love for the Shai

#8 Chef Posted 21 May 2018 - 12:22 PM

Chef

• Honorary Beagle

• 9,289 posts
  • Joined 29-February 08

...MCW. Buckets, I'm normally with you on things but i'll have to disagree on your love for the Shai

i believe you mean founding not buckets

#9 buckets Posted 21 May 2018 - 01:03 PM

buckets

• Honorary Beagle

• 4,987 posts
  • Joined 27-June 15

i believe you mean founding not buckets

I like Shai too but FH planted his flag super early, that's his guy. Claiming Shai at this juncture is akin to someone else claiming DEJOUNTE! a few weeks before the 2016 draft which wouldn't have been cool at all.

#Chodidthemath

#10 powellrmp Posted 22 May 2018 - 08:12 AM

powellrmp

• 1000+ posts
  • 1,009 posts
  • Joined 19-April 16

whoops! sounds like this guy was doing too much multi tasking at work yesterday. like commenting on HP stuff to avoid work that i'm stressed out about.

#11 TooCool Posted 24 May 2018 - 04:12 AM

TooCool

Look Ma, No Hands

• Moderators

• 2,392 posts
  • Joined 15-November 09
  • LocationPerth, Australia

A lot of chat about Knox.

Is the hints of Hype real? Or a complete joke.

How about Michael Porter?

Was highly regarded coming out of high school; could he potentially be here at pick 11?

praise_the_sun_banner_by_mrwallas79-d53g

#12 kiery101 Posted 24 May 2018 - 04:28 AM

kiery101

Captain Jack

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 503 posts
  • Joined 21-June 15
  • LocationRegensburg, Germany

Was highly regarded coming out of high school; could he potentially be here at pick 11?

I haven't had a chance to watch college games this year.
As of yet I'm totally undecided on Knox. Sure he seems to have a lot of potential but I saw him doing only straight line drives on every highlight clip. No change of direction with the ball and there is still this motivation thing clinging to him.
Michael Porter (if healthy enough for a NBA career) would be my absolute favorite in this draft. I seriously doubt that he will drop that far and if he does I'm afraid his back problems are more than just a red flag.

#13 pellom Posted 24 May 2018 - 07:23 AM

pellom

• 1000+ posts
  • 1,266 posts
  • Joined 24-May 14

I’m not a fan of Knox. He seems like a less aggressive Tobias Harris to me. That may be a fine player - but not one you can depend on getting a bucket when you need one.

I’d be stunned if Porter fell to us. His high school tape was great pre-injury. It may be similar to the Embiid situation. One team will either feel comfortable with his medical or will allow him to work through the back problems at a snail’s pace.

#14 Founding Hornet Posted 24 May 2018 - 09:52 AM

Founding Hornet

Cardiac Kemba Walker

• Members
  • 871 posts
  • Joined 11-July 14

I’m not a fan of Knox. He seems like a less aggressive Tobias Harris to me. That may be a fine player - but not one you can depend on getting a bucket when you need one.

I’d be stunned if Porter fell to us. His high school tape was great pre-injury. It may be similar to the Embiid situation. One team will either feel comfortable with his medical or will allow him to work through the back problems at a snail’s pace.

Weren’t you the one who said Knox was out of shape? Sluggish or something like that?

Shai is the guy if Porter is not there.

Knox has more upside than any other player opposite Ayton/Porter in my opinion. I do like the Tobias Harris comparison, but I honestly think that’s closer to his floor.

#15 pellom Posted 24 May 2018 - 10:16 AM

pellom

• 1000+ posts
  • 1,266 posts
  • Joined 24-May 14

Weren’t you the one who said Knox was out of shape? Sluggish or something like that?

Shai is the guy if Porter is not there.

Knox has more upside than any other player opposite Ayton/Porter in my opinion. I do like the Tobias Harris comparison, but I honestly think that’s closer to his floor.

No, Knox seems like he’s in fine shape. (Needs to add more muscle but most teenagers fit that description.)

I just never saw any fire from him. As a Tennessee fan, I watched a lot of Kentucky basketball. We played them twice and also were battling with them for 1st in the SEC east.

Kentucky was kind of going through the motions when it was assumed that Knox was their best player and he was their leader. Eventually SGA took the throne from him and as a result they won the SEC tournament and had a solid NCAA tournament run.

#16 Founding Hornet Posted 24 May 2018 - 04:21 PM

Founding Hornet

Cardiac Kemba Walker

• Members
  • 871 posts
  • Joined 11-July 14
That’s fair.

There is a bit of a bias there. Right?

I’m a Miami guy and I hate anyone from FSU. Kenton could play there and I would critique his game.

Thanks for explaining.

#17 Founding Hornet Posted 24 May 2018 - 04:24 PM

Founding Hornet

Cardiac Kemba Walker

• Members
  • 871 posts
  • Joined 11-July 14

That’s fair.

Honestly though, is there a bit of a bias there?

Some folks on here think I’m a UK guy but I’m not. Mike is a friend and my Brother in law is one of the Chaplians at UK.

I’m a Miami guy and I hate anyone from FSU. Labron could play there and I would critique his game.

Thanks for explaining.

#18 pellom Posted 24 May 2018 - 05:00 PM

pellom

• 1000+ posts
  • 1,266 posts
  • Joined 24-May 14

That’s fair.

I’m a Miami guy and I hate anyone from FSU. Kenton could play there and I would critique his game.

Thanks for explaining.

No, I like SGA and I liked Monk last year. I was just never “afraid” of Knox as a fan of an opposing team like I was the former two guys.

#19 buckets Posted 24 May 2018 - 07:24 PM

buckets

• Honorary Beagle

• 4,987 posts
  • Joined 27-June 15

That’s fair.

Thanks for explaining.

Turnover chain my ass.

Oh, and draft stuff of course.

#Chodidthemath

#20 Founding Hornet Posted 25 May 2018 - 08:11 AM

Founding Hornet

Cardiac Kemba Walker

• Members
  • 871 posts
  • Joined 11-July 14

Turnover chain my ass.

Oh, and draft stuff of course.

Turnover Chain, Turnover Chain, Turnover Chain!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users