63 replies to this topic

#41 Adam42R Posted 15 July 2018 - 04:33 PM

Adam42R

MKG's biggest fan

• Honorary Beagle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,490 posts
  • Joined 22-December 10
As a Wake lifer, and student at the time, after the trip to the Independence Bowl only months earlier, riding on a high that we had never seen in my theretofore 22 years, what could possibly go wrong meeting UK in the Sweet 16 only 82 miles from home?

http://www.bigbluehi...WakeForest.html

That halftime buzzer and scoreboard was one of the most painful sporting experiences, mostly dictated by expectations, I've had.

Y'all Duke, Carolina fans don't really know pain like us fans of the little guys. I guess that's why the Hornets can't hurt me.
Here comes McRoberts, the throw to Walker, it's in the aaaaaiiiiirrrr, YESSSSS! Bobcats win it! My my my, Kemba Walker. Steve Martin - Toronto 12/18/2013

#42 cltblkhscoach Posted 15 July 2018 - 05:48 PM

cltblkhscoach

Forgotten Member Of High Voltage

• 1000+ posts
  • 2,926 posts
  • Joined 03-July 06

Bucks game 6 was most painful night of my sports existence.

Big Dog fargin killed us.

I was 3 rows behind bench. Terrible night.

Some time over a beer, I’ll tell you all about what really went down and why the Hornets left.

Let me know when and I'll buy a round. Big Dog, Cassell, and Ray Allen. They were unconscious that 2nd half.

If anyone can tell me who our dynamic duo was on that team that was called High Voltage, you win the mystery prize. Lol

Allan Bristow Is The GOAT

#43 GeraldWallaceMVP Posted 15 July 2018 - 10:01 PM

GeraldWallaceMVP

Dwight's Only Fan

• 1000+ posts
  • 3,046 posts
  • Joined 23-February 15
  • LocationQueen City, Charlotte NC

Let me know when and I'll buy a round. Big Dog, Cassell, and Ray Allen. They were unconscious that 2nd half.

If anyone can tell me who our dynamic duo was on that team that was called High Voltage, you win the mystery prize. Lol

Baron Davis and Eddie Robinson or Baron Davis and Jamal Magloire

#44 cltblkhscoach Posted 16 July 2018 - 10:28 AM

cltblkhscoach

Forgotten Member Of High Voltage

• 1000+ posts
  • 2,926 posts
  • Joined 03-July 06

Baron Davis and Eddie Robinson or Baron Davis and Jamal Magloire

Baron Davis and Eddie Robinson, very good young man!

Allan Bristow Is The GOAT

#45 ncborn Posted 13 August 2018 - 11:08 AM

ncborn

Ajinca (French for wasted draft pick)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  • Joined 01-July 17
Hi, I just want to provide more evidence for my assertions: unlike the fake trade schemes all over, I am not making this up.

—————————-

a coach and a general manager, get rid of Dwight Howard.

Apparently, the Charlotte Hornets’ offseason moves weren’t very impressive to NBA.com.

The NBA and analyst David Aldridge released a series of offseason power rankings on Monday, spelling out which teams in the league had the best and worst summers. For example, the Cleveland Cavaliers, who lost LeBron James in free agency to the Los Angeles Lakers, scored poorly. They came in 29th of 30 teams.

But right above them at 28th? Yep, there’s the Hornets.

This summer, the Hornets fired head coach Steve Clifford and signed former San Antonio Spurs assistant James Borrego to the same position. The team also added longtime Lakers general manager Mitch Kupchak as GM.

As far as the actual roster was concerned, the most significant change was trading center Dwight Howard to the Brooklyn Nets after just one season in Charlotte. In return, the team received center Timofey Mozgov and two second-round picks. Mozgov was later traded to the Orlando Magic in exchange for Bismack Biyombo, who the Hornets originally drafted two spots ahead of Kemba Walker.

html

#46 ncborn Posted 13 August 2018 - 11:09 AM

ncborn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  • Joined 01-July 17
http://amp.heraldsun...e216168325.html

Winter is coming.

#47 Chef Posted 13 August 2018 - 12:22 PM

Chef

The All-Knowing All-Seeing Beagle

• Honorary Beagle

• 10,128 posts
  • Joined 29-February 08

Hi, I just want to provide more evidence for my assertions: unlike the fake trade schemes all over, I am not making this up.

—————————-

a coach and a general manager, get rid of Dwight Howard.

Apparently, the Charlotte Hornets’ offseason moves weren’t very impressive to NBA.com.

The NBA and analyst David Aldridge released a series of offseason power rankings on Monday, spelling out which teams in the league had the best and worst summers. For example, the Cleveland Cavaliers, who lost LeBron James in free agency to the Los Angeles Lakers, scored poorly. They came in 29th of 30 teams.

But right above them at 28th? Yep, there’s the Hornets.

This summer, the Hornets fired head coach Steve Clifford and signed former San Antonio Spurs assistant James Borrego to the same position. The team also added longtime Lakers general manager Mitch Kupchak as GM.

As far as the actual roster was concerned, the most significant change was trading center Dwight Howard to the Brooklyn Nets after just one season in Charlotte. In return, the team received center Timofey Mozgov and two second-round picks. Mozgov was later traded to the Orlando Magic in exchange for Bismack Biyombo, who the Hornets originally drafted two spots ahead of Kemba Walker.

html

the state of "facts" today

4th party opinion = evidence

got it.

#48 powellrmp Posted 13 August 2018 - 12:35 PM

powellrmp

Braindead Stupid 2020

• 1000+ posts
  • 1,412 posts
  • Joined 19-April 16

I can sense a lot of pain in this post. I'll leave this here:

#49 GeraldWallaceMVP Posted 13 August 2018 - 04:53 PM

GeraldWallaceMVP

Dwight's Only Fan

• 1000+ posts
  • 3,046 posts
  • Joined 23-February 15
Tbh I don’t even think we had a bad offseason

I feel like the goal of our offseason was just changing the culture of the current team rather than adding a bunch of new players which imo awe did

#50 Adam42R Posted 13 August 2018 - 07:58 PM

Adam42R

MKG's biggest fan

• Honorary Beagle

• 8,490 posts
  • Joined 22-December 10
Funny to reference Aldridge about Charlotte's off season. Pretty sure you could find the same tone from Bonnell on Altanta's season prior. Would assume Candace Buckner will also, for a time, say that Charlotte was poopy this summer. I'd do the exact same thing if i was a writer in the market that Dwight just moved into. I'd do it for putting my best for forward for access and wouldn't think twice.
Here comes McRoberts, the throw to Walker, it's in the aaaaaiiiiirrrr, YESSSSS! Bobcats win it! My my my, Kemba Walker. Steve Martin - Toronto 12/18/2013

#51 Chef Posted 14 August 2018 - 06:23 AM

Chef

• Honorary Beagle

• 10,128 posts
  • Joined 29-February 08
We now have a 4 team history that Dwight is subtraction by addition and Aldridge glosses over that.

#52 dnbman Posted 14 August 2018 - 04:59 PM

dnbman

Existential Crisis Manager

• Moderators

• 6,193 posts
  • Joined 25-June 07

We now have a 4 team history that Dwight is subtraction by addition and Aldridge glosses over that.

Didn't read article, but just thought I'd this aside: 

Last Member: Nick Batum Fan Club

Professional Self-Loather

#53 Adam42R Posted 14 August 2018 - 05:24 PM

Adam42R

MKG's biggest fan

• Honorary Beagle

• 8,490 posts
  • Joined 22-December 10

IMO, Aldridge, and I assume Buckner too, have a responsibility to not nuke any potential relationship with the biggest media focal point in that locker room before they play a game. I don't blame him for taking a shot at us to build that bridge. But we should be able to see that for what it is.

#54 Chef Posted 15 August 2018 - 06:30 AM

Chef

• Honorary Beagle

• 10,128 posts
  • Joined 29-February 08

Didn't read article, but just thought I'd this aside: 

words can not express the joy and gladness i have that he is not in my life this year. i can only imagine how the people that actually have to deal with him in a work environment feel.

#55 Swedd523 Posted 15 August 2018 - 06:36 AM

Swedd523

• Moderators

• 9,541 posts
  • Joined 18-June 09

I think he might be one of the least self-aware basketball players in recent memory

#56 ncborn Posted 17 August 2018 - 06:15 AM

ncborn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  • Joined 01-July 17
I said the same things last year and got trashed. We went on to have a horrible season and board resident experts where SHOCKED when their blinders fell off (more like got kicked off by watching actual games). History repeats itself again this year. I see it coming. The sad fact of the matter is that MJ should stay 1000 miles away from personnel decisions. Look he has failed again this year already.

We need to tank. Plain and simple.

I wonder if he even realizes that Philly is better than us because of a simple - very simple - plan.

Long term investment always wins over short term gambles (read Tony Parker).

This is all very basic.

#57 GeraldWallaceMVP Posted 17 August 2018 - 04:33 PM

GeraldWallaceMVP

Dwight's Only Fan

• 1000+ posts
  • 3,046 posts
  • Joined 23-February 15
NCBorn wow you were right about one season, I bet you are one of the same guys who said Kemba wouldn’t amount to anything or that the 15-16 season would be a bust

#58 gforce03 Posted 17 August 2018 - 06:31 PM

gforce03

Sean May... Krispy-Kreme MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts
  • Joined 29-June 16
How is Tony Parker a short term investment...that alone made me disregard your argument altogether. The FO made it clear that is a player development move

#59 Mich_Mercer Posted 18 August 2018 - 09:18 AM

Mich_Mercer

Keep Monk and MKG

• 1000+ posts
  • 1,635 posts
  • Joined 27-June 13
  • LocationWilmington, NC
We are not in position to just rank this season. Our team does have some young big potential players to develop though. I don’t think a full tank is really needed. We just have too much money invested in guys like Batum, that’s it’s best to just run with what we have. I don’t think things are that bad honestly. I’m extremely happy with Monk and Bridges.

#60 Chef Posted 18 August 2018 - 10:09 AM

Chef

• Honorary Beagle

• 10,128 posts
  • Joined 29-February 08
I sure wish there was a way to get Larry Johnson 2.0 Zion Williamson on the roster next year.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users