eshelmon

Jeff "Sure I'll Start" McInnis

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts
  • Joined 04-July 13
  • LocationGreensboro
Hornets finish strong 8-5 last 13 without

previous ...Out: 1-12, In: 30-26. Back up pg a mess without TP until graham started playing good at end of season

#62 Swedd523 Posted 20 April 2019 - 09:42 PM

Swedd523

The All-Knowing All-Seeing Beagle

• Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,648 posts
  • Joined 18-June 09

Facts: 19 pts, 7.4 assists, 2.7 TO per 36 minutes, best backup pg production since Lin

Willy Hernangomez was a 19 point, 14 rebound, 3 assist, 1 block guy per 36 minutes!  Why didn't we play him more?!

Facts:  per36 is an almost useless "metric"

#63 Mich_Mercer Posted 20 April 2019 - 10:56 PM

Mich_Mercer

Keep Monk and MKG

• 1000+ posts
  • 1,786 posts
  • Joined 27-June 13
  • LocationWilmington, NC
I’m fine if Tony Parker is on the team next season, but only for the 3rd PG. I don’t really want him taking minutes away from anyone though. I don’t even think we should still be discussing him anymore to be honest.

#64 eshelmon Posted 20 April 2019 - 11:51 PM

eshelmon

Jeff "Sure I'll Start" McInnis

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts
  • Joined 04-July 13
  • LocationGreensboro

Willy Hernangomez was a 19 point, 14 rebound, 3 assist, 1 block guy per 36 minutes!  Why didn't we play him more?!

Facts:  per36 is an almost useless "metric"

I disagee, in context to reference to backup players average per game in limited minutes, per 36 is not useless, nether was TP, Especially when performance for position when role defined, Kemba was no doubt 82 game starter.
Why didn’t play start Willy over zeller? Ask coach if want, or don’t use this stat as only means which I don’t suggest...for instance defense and team production when player on court per 100 possessions Zeller +4.2 Primarily against starter, Willy -6.5.

Kemba +6.5, TP + 0.5, Graham -6.5, but still suggest never use at absolutes... Marcul team high +6.6 in 17 minutes doesn’t he should be playing as much as Kemba.

#65 Swedd523 Posted 21 April 2019 - 12:32 AM

Swedd523

• Moderators

• 9,648 posts
  • Joined 18-June 09

I disagee, in context to reference to backup players average per game in limited minutes, per 36 is not useless, nether was TP, Especially when performance for position when role defined

Was his role to shoot worse splits than one of the worst shooters in the modern NBA?

He made less threes than MKG on the season, and had a lower FT% to boot.  Also had a the worst value over replacement on the team at -.8. and his defense was so anemic that he routinely gave up as much or more than he got.

Devonte should have received 95% of Parker's minutes and, for $5million dollars, he gave the team very little return on investment.  

#66 cltblkhscoach Posted 21 April 2019 - 09:53 AM

cltblkhscoach

Forgotten Member Of High Voltage

• 1000+ posts
  • 3,052 posts
  • Joined 03-July 06

Was his role to shoot worse splits than one of the worst shooters in the modern NBA?

He made less threes than MKG on the season, and had a lower FT% to boot. Also had a the worst value over replacement on the team at -.8. and his defense was so anemic that he routinely gave up as much or more than he got.

Devonte should have received 95% of Parker's minutes and, for $5million dollars, he gave the team very little return on investment.

There is value on leadership and the locker room too. For 5 million dollars, I think Tony earned his money. Those young kids being professional and ready down the stretch just didnt magically happen. Tony deserves credit for his teachings and influence on those kids as well as what he did on the court earlier this season.

Allan Bristow Is The GOAT

#67 Adam42R Posted 21 April 2019 - 10:12 AM

Adam42R

MKG's biggest fan

• Honorary Beagle

• 8,978 posts
  • Joined 22-December 10

There is value on leadership and the locker room too. For 5 million dollars, I think Tony earned his money. Those young kids being professional and ready down the stretch just didnt magically happen. Tony deserves credit for his teachings and influence on those kids as well as what he did on the court earlier this season.

It's weird but I can feel 100% in agreement with this and still get super uneasy with the "where is Tony?" stuff that happend from the second Spurs game on.  Maybe he was around but after the plane ride, he seemed largely absent from the arena.

Here comes McRoberts, the throw to Walker, it's in the aaaaaiiiiirrrr, YESSSSS! Bobcats win it! My my my, Kemba Walker. Steve Martin - Toronto 12/18/2013

#68 cltblkhscoach Posted 21 April 2019 - 10:49 AM

cltblkhscoach

• 1000+ posts
  • 3,052 posts
  • Joined 03-July 06
By the end of the season I think they just kind of let him do what he wanted to do. Honestly I think he may have been handling some of his team ownership duties - he owns a basketball team in France - so he has plenty to do if he doesnt want to come back here.

#69 Swedd523 Posted 21 April 2019 - 12:54 PM

Swedd523

• Moderators

• 9,648 posts
  • Joined 18-June 09

Is there any proof for (or even against) that line of reasoning?

How do we know he did anything leadership-wise?  Are there any interviews or reports of his "teachings" or influence on the young guys?

Or is it just an assumption since he's an old guy?

#70 cltblkhscoach Posted 21 April 2019 - 03:26 PM

cltblkhscoach

• 1000+ posts
  • 3,052 posts
  • Joined 03-July 06

How do we know he did anything leadership-wise? Are there any interviews or reports of his "teachings" or influence on the young guys?

Borrego's interviews, the interviews the young guys did talking about it, the insights Rick has had on the team all season long. You know, positive stuff. Try it sometimes. Lol

#71 cltblkhscoach Posted 21 April 2019 - 03:29 PM

cltblkhscoach

• 1000+ posts
  • 3,052 posts
  • Joined 03-July 06
https://www.charlott...e220830540.html

#72 Mustachio Posted 23 April 2019 - 08:32 AM

Mustachio

• Honorary Beagle

• 6,347 posts
  • Joined 11-July 06

How do we know he did anything leadership-wise? Are there any interviews or reports of his "teachings" or influence on the young guys?

Watching the games early in the season.
Into the crevasse!

"Climb down Lemon, Climb down"Posted Image

#73 Swedd523 Posted 23 April 2019 - 02:15 PM

Swedd523

• Moderators

• 9,648 posts
  • Joined 18-June 09

Watching the games early in the season.

Dude you straight up crack me up

#74 Mustachio Posted 24 April 2019 - 09:01 AM

Mustachio

• Honorary Beagle

• 6,347 posts
  • Joined 11-July 06

Dude you straight up crack me up

Oh come on, it's the offseason.  I need some drama, and the Hornets can't fuck anything up for another 21 whole days.    

Into the crevasse!

#75 Mustachio Posted 24 April 2019 - 09:13 AM

Mustachio

• Honorary Beagle

• 6,347 posts
  • Joined 11-July 06

Oh come on, it's the offseason.  I need some drama, and the Hornets can't fuck anything up for another 21 whole days.    

Welp... I stand corrected. 

Into the crevasse!

#76 JGib23 Posted 24 April 2019 - 10:47 AM

JGib23

The All-Knowing All-Seeing Cho

• 1000+ posts
  • 1,661 posts
  • Joined 27-October 08

Mustachio:  Hornets can't fuck anything up for another 21 whole days.

Hornets: Hold my beer!

:facepalm:

#77 ncborn Posted 25 April 2019 - 09:50 PM

ncborn

Ajinca (French for wasted draft pick)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts
  • Joined 01-July 17

By the end of the season I think they just kind of let him do what he wanted to do. Honestly I think he may have been handling some of his team ownership duties - he owns a basketball team in France ....

Holy crap!!!! Did you just say we paid 5 million to some French dude who was “keeping it real” during the season?!?!

I could do that and you would only have to pay me in Doritos!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users