#22 Mich_Mercer Posted 03 March 2019 - 02:06 PM

Mich_Mercer

Keep Monk and MKG

• 1000+ posts
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,786 posts
  • Joined 27-June 13
  • LocationWilmington, NC
We could go from 10 to 6 in like a day. This is a tight race.

#23 Adam42R Posted 03 March 2019 - 08:41 PM

Adam42R

MKG's biggest fan

• Honorary Beagle

• 8,978 posts
  • Joined 22-December 10

CLE with the nice win over ORL to keep us from losing ground.  TOR doing some honoraium s**t with Casey but hopefully in OT they will win this over DET.

Here comes McRoberts, the throw to Walker, it's in the aaaaaiiiiirrrr, YESSSSS! Bobcats win it! My my my, Kemba Walker. Steve Martin - Toronto 12/18/2013

#24 Adam42R Posted 03 March 2019 - 08:50 PM

Adam42R

MKG's biggest fan

• Honorary Beagle

• 8,978 posts
  • Joined 22-December 10

CLE with the nice win over ORL to keep us from losing ground.  TOR doing some honoraium s**t with Casey but hopefully in OT they will win this over DET.

Oh come on Toronto, where's the damned love guys!

Here comes McRoberts, the throw to Walker, it's in the aaaaaiiiiirrrr, YESSSSS! Bobcats win it! My my my, Kemba Walker. Steve Martin - Toronto 12/18/2013

#25 cltblkhscoach Posted 03 March 2019 - 08:59 PM

cltblkhscoach

Forgotten Member Of High Voltage

• 1000+ posts
  • 3,052 posts
  • Joined 03-July 06

Told yall, Steve Clifford at his best. We still in this shit

Allan Bristow Is The GOAT

#26 jfoster Posted 03 March 2019 - 09:35 PM

jfoster

The All-Knowing All-Seeing Beagle

• 1000+ posts
  • 1,462 posts
  • Joined 25-April 14
  • LocationGreenville, South Carolina
Heat only half a game back of Charlotte and Orlando. Wednesday night should be a great game with playoff atmosphere!!!

#27 Adam42R Posted 03 March 2019 - 09:55 PM

Adam42R

MKG's biggest fan

• Honorary Beagle

• 8,978 posts
  • Joined 22-December 10
I have little doubt the fans will show up Wednesday. Will the whole team?

#28 jfoster Posted 03 March 2019 - 10:04 PM

jfoster

• 1000+ posts
  • 1,462 posts
  • Joined 25-April 14
  • LocationGreenville, South Carolina

I have little doubt the fans will show up Wednesday. Will the whole team?

Hive hopefully will be rocking from Start to finish.

#29 Whiz Kid Posted 03 March 2019 - 10:09 PM

Whiz Kid

Ajinca (French for wasted draft pick)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 573 posts
  • Joined 11-April 12
I’m not calling for JB’s job yet, but part of the reason this post all star break run isn’t going to happen is his unwillingness to experiment with the rotations throughout the duration of the season. Guys like Monk, Miles, Willy, and even Frank should’ve been consistently rotated in the lineup 1) to try different lineups and really see what we have and what works best and 2) to keep the guys fresh, ready to play, developing, and potentially consistent. JB’s failure this season lies here, so much so that now we look nuts relying on minutes from an ice cold Frank Kaminsky down the stretch.

#30 Adam42R Posted 03 March 2019 - 10:19 PM

Adam42R

MKG's biggest fan

• Honorary Beagle

• 8,978 posts
  • Joined 22-December 10

I’m not calling for JB’s job yet, but part of the reason this post all star break run isn’t going to happen is his unwillingness to experiment with the rotations throughout the duration of the season. Guys like Monk, Miles, Willy, and even Frank should’ve been consistently rotated in the lineup 1) to try different lineups and really see what we have and what works best and 2) to keep the guys fresh, ready to play, developing, and potentially consistent. JB’s failure this season lies here, so much so that now we look nuts relying on minutes from an ice cold Frank Kaminsky down the stretch.

JB has played every single player we have under contract meaningful minutes throughout the season. That has actually been the knock against him to date is that he's too all over the place with players when the old school mantra is that they want to know if they are playing or not and that's that.  He is the living embodiment of "experimentation" and has been from game one.  Monk, Miles, Willy AND Frank have all gotten burn during the season.  You cannot realistically play 13 players per night (though some nights JB did seem to try) so outside of that, he's actually done exactly what you are complaining about.

If there's a knock IMO, he has a blind spot to how ineffective Marvin is defensively if we don't make the opposition take the ball out of the net.  And how Marvin not being able to consistently put the ball through said net makes that transition ability so much more important.

#31 WIAN Posted 03 March 2019 - 10:27 PM

WIAN

• 1000+ posts
  • 1,218 posts
  • Joined 01-November 08

Heat only half a game back of Charlotte and Orlando. Wednesday night should be a great game with playoff atmosphere!!!

I'm not here for the farewell to D Wade. Save that for the horn at the end of the 4th quarter I would love to send him off with a loss. I'm still feeling the game 6 loss.

#32 WIAN Posted 03 March 2019 - 10:34 PM

WIAN

• 1000+ posts
  • 1,218 posts
  • Joined 01-November 08

JB has played every single player we have under contract meaningful minutes throughout the season. That has actually been the knock against him to date is that he's too all over the place with players when the old school mantra is that they want to know if they are playing or not and that's that.  He is the living embodiment of "experimentation" and has been from game one.  Monk, Miles, Willy AND Frank have all gotten burn during the season.  You cannot realistically play 13 players per night (though some nights JB did seem to try) so outside of that, he's actually done exactly what you are complaining about.

If there's a knock IMO, he has a blind spot to how ineffective Marvin is defensively if we don't make the opposition take the ball out of the net.  And how Marvin not being able to consistently put the ball through said net makes that transition ability so much more important.

To piggyback on this statement I want more Dwayne Bacon but we just don't have the opportunity available right now. I think he can/will be a serious player in this league if placed in the right situation. Sadly, I think it will be in another uniform. This makes the Lamb decision that much more interesting.

#33 GeraldWallaceMVP Posted 03 March 2019 - 11:31 PM

GeraldWallaceMVP

All Aboard the Rozier Bandwagon

• 1000+ posts
  • 3,398 posts
  • Joined 23-February 15
  • LocationQueen City, Charlotte NC

I really don't see how you can call for JB's head the problems this team has seem to be more inherited from Cliff and Cho than JB. JB had this team playing  better than they did under Cliff imo, but this team struggles with the same issues it has for the last five years losing the lead late in games, effort and zero heart

#34 Whiz Kid Posted 04 March 2019 - 01:16 AM

Whiz Kid

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 573 posts
  • Joined 11-April 12

JB has played every single player we have under contract meaningful minutes throughout the season. That has actually been the knock against him to date is that he's too all over the place with players when the old school mantra is that they want to know if they are playing or not and that's that. He is the living embodiment of "experimentation" and has been from game one. Monk, Miles, Willy AND Frank have all gotten burn during the season. You cannot realistically play 13 players per night (though some nights JB did seem to try) so outside of that, he's actually done exactly what you are complaining about.

If there's a knock IMO, he has a blind spot to how ineffective Marvin is defensively if we don't make the opposition take the ball out of the net. And how Marvin not being able to consistently put the ball through said net makes that transition ability so much more important.

Just because everyone played this year doesn’t mean JB actually experiment with lineups. That’s why we seen the same starting 5 (except for when injuries hit) all season until now.
Prior to the season, we heard from JB that the only definitive starter was Kemba. With this being said, it would have been nice to have seen some varying lineups in the beginning of the season that reflect that. So what I mean is roll out
Kemba Monk Lamb MKG Cody
Kemba Lamb Nic MKG Frank
Kemba Monk MKG Frank Cody
I could keep going but all i’m saying is that he could’ve tried some different combinations early on to see how the team responds and by now, when we need it most in the season, we would have found the lineups that play best together by now.

#35 spaceshoes Posted 04 March 2019 - 01:07 PM

spaceshoes

• 1000+ posts
  • 1,096 posts
  • Joined 12-August 15
  • LocationFort Mill, SC
So we want to play young players so they can play through their mistakes, but the rookie coach needs to have a flawless rookie season? Coach Ks record his first 3 seasons at Duke: 17-13, 10-17, & 11-17. I bet they're glad they didn't run him out of town.

#36 dnbman Posted 04 March 2019 - 06:03 PM

dnbman

Existential Crisis Manager

• Moderators

• 6,327 posts
  • Joined 25-June 07

Just because everyone played this year doesn’t mean JB actually experiment with lineups. That’s why we seen the same starting 5 (except for when injuries hit) all season until now.
Prior to the season, we heard from JB that the only definitive starter was Kemba. With this being said, it would have been nice to have seen some varying lineups in the beginning of the season that reflect that. So what I mean is roll out
Kemba Monk Lamb MKG Cody
Kemba Lamb Nic MKG Frank
Kemba Monk MKG Frank Cody
I could keep going but all i’m saying is that he could’ve tried some different combinations early on to see how the team responds and by now, when we need it most in the season, we would have found the lineups that play best together by now.

Starting 5 isn't nearly as important as running guys together in general. He's done a ton of experimentation in the game with all sorts of things. Definitely think you can knock the guy for not being creative with players.

Last Member: Nick Batum Fan Club

Professional Self-Loather

#37 Adam42R Posted 15 March 2019 - 08:51 PM

Adam42R

MKG's biggest fan

• Honorary Beagle

• 8,978 posts
  • Joined 22-December 10
Come on my Bucks, bring this all the way back.

#38 Adam42R Posted 15 March 2019 - 09:04 PM

Adam42R

MKG's biggest fan

• Honorary Beagle

• 8,978 posts
  • Joined 22-December 10

Our Pat Connaughtan doing that thing.

Our Giannis getting it done at both ends 

….

Our Bledsoe finally getting his 3 to fall … our guys all!

#39 GeraldWallaceMVP Posted 15 March 2019 - 09:28 PM

GeraldWallaceMVP

All Aboard the Rozier Bandwagon

• 1000+ posts
  • 3,398 posts
  • Joined 23-February 15
  • LocationQueen City, Charlotte NC

Cliff got his elite defensive PG back

#40 Adam42R Posted 15 March 2019 - 09:37 PM

Adam42R

MKG's biggest fan

• Honorary Beagle

• 8,978 posts
  • Joined 22-December 10

Cliff got his elite defensive PG back

Can only hope he runs that play where he tries to get MCW and open corner 3 set after set.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users