102 replies to this topic

#1 Founding Hornet Posted 10 February 2019 - 11:18 AM

Founding Hornet

The All-Knowing All-Seeing Beagle

• 1000+ posts
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,024 posts
  • Joined 11-July 14
It’s clear now that the FO was not willing to part with any of our youngens on a high priced rental. It’s also clear that MKG, Cody and specifically J Lamb are in our long term plans.

I was told that one of Kemba’s request was to re sign Lamb as he is just now coming into his own.

Monk and Jeremy will continue to improve but we clearly still lack a scoring 4. I appreciate the recent rebirth of Marvin but he is done.

So, the rest of the East engaged in the race while we are betting on the development of this team.....

Perhaps Hachimura will be available when we draft.

#2 Adam42R Posted 10 February 2019 - 11:48 AM

Adam42R

MKG's biggest fan

• Honorary Beagle

• 7,936 posts
  • Joined 22-December 10
That's neat insight and gives more shape around the notion that we don't know what Kemba's "they know what they need to do" meant. And if that's it, I am very ok with that route.
Here comes McRoberts, the throw to Walker, it's in the aaaaaiiiiirrrr, YESSSSS! Bobcats win it! My my my, Kemba Walker. Steve Martin - Toronto 12/18/2013

#3 cltblkhscoach Posted 10 February 2019 - 11:59 AM

cltblkhscoach

Forgotten Member Of High Voltage

• 1000+ posts
  • 2,544 posts
  • Joined 03-July 06
If he wants Lamb resigned, then I hope he plans on signing a team friendly deal to get that done.

MKG and Cody can be in long term plans off the bench, thats fine. But if we are going to take a step we need to upgrade the 5 and have Miles develop to take over for Marvin.

Allan Bristow Is The GOAT

#4 Founding Hornet Posted 10 February 2019 - 12:01 PM

Founding Hornet

• 1000+ posts
  • 1,024 posts
  • Joined 11-July 14
I really can’t say that’s what he meant by saying that but it was one of his specific desires.

If Kemba and Lamb leave.... we develop the youngens and tank for two years.

One or the other.

This team must make strides and peak at the playoffs and give Milwaukee, Toronto, the Celtics or 76ers hell!

#5 cltblkhscoach Posted 10 February 2019 - 12:05 PM

cltblkhscoach

• 1000+ posts
  • 2,544 posts
  • Joined 03-July 06
What we need is a repeat of 1993, which the Hornets just did a great story on. Got the Celtics first round and ran into a little bit of horrible luck with Reggie Lewis's sad story. I'll post that video shortly.

#6 cltblkhscoach Posted 10 February 2019 - 12:07 PM

cltblkhscoach

• 1000+ posts
  • 2,544 posts
  • Joined 03-July 06
https://youtu.be/i7mH3KV-I2s

#7 Whiz Kid Posted 10 February 2019 - 12:44 PM

Whiz Kid

Ajinca (French for wasted draft pick)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 449 posts
  • Joined 11-April 12

My concern with Kemba requesting to keep Lamb is whether or not Lamb has another level to take his game to. I understand keeping him from a chemistry and relationship standpoint, but at the end of the day the on court product is what should be the most important. I question whether or not he has another level his game can reach.

I also agree with Coach, MKG and Cody are GREAT rotational players off the bench, and I feel like this would even be true on the best of teams. If they are in the long term plans, it has to be in this capacity, and it has to be inexpensive. There has to be some type of offseason plans to upgrade Nic and Marvin ASAP.

As far as the draft goes, Rui, Naz Reid, Jalen McDaniels. Those are a few bigs with versatility I'm intrigued by that should be available around when we pick.

All in all, if these are the plans moving forward, I have to be honest, this leaves little to be optimistic about for me. I just don't understand why we would keep trying the same thing over and over again that hasn't worked yet.  

#8 dnbman Posted 10 February 2019 - 01:10 PM

dnbman

Existential Crisis Manager

• Moderators

• 6,062 posts
  • Joined 25-June 07

My concern with Kemba requesting to keep Lamb is whether or not Lamb has another level to take his game to. I understand keeping him from a chemistry and relationship standpoint, but at the end of the day the on court product is what should be the most important. I question whether or not he has another level his game can reach.

I actually think the answer on Lamb is "yes,' because he can do all of the things you'd like out of a shooting guard. He's athletic, can play long, can hit the three, can drive, can score inside, and can be disruptive defensively. 

The biggest knock on Lamb is that he hasn't been able to do those things consistently, which he seems to have made improvements on this season. I'm a systems guys, and I believe people get better playing in  a good system so that they know what they're supposed to do and can execute more automatically. (Which is why I think the Spurs have been competitive for 20 years) I think that building a consistent offense with those guys will help Lamb a lot. Having the young'ens be more reliable in the execution will help Lamb. (and I'll argue Batum) 

I was disappointed in trade day, but not that we're passed it, I'm fine with focusing on a core and trying to develop. There's no easy way to success. At least maybe we teach good habits to the youngsters and possibly get them some playoff experience.

#9 Founding Hornet Posted 10 February 2019 - 01:51 PM

Founding Hornet

• 1000+ posts
  • 1,024 posts
  • Joined 11-July 14

What we need is a repeat of 1993, which the Hornets just did a great story on. Got the Celtics first round and ran into a little bit of horrible luck with Reggie Lewis's sad story. I'll post that video shortly.

I was at the Mourning “Shot” game with my dad. Amazing day!

#10 Swedd523 Posted 10 February 2019 - 04:46 PM

Swedd523

• Moderators

• 9,426 posts
  • Joined 18-June 09

It’s clear now that the FO was not willing to part with any of our youngens on a high priced rental. It’s also clear that MKG, Cody and specifically J Lamb are in our long term plans.

I was told that one of Kemba’s request was to re sign Lamb as he is just now coming into his own.

Monk and Jeremy will continue to improve but we clearly still lack a scoring 4. I appreciate the recent rebirth of Marvin but he is done.

So, the rest of the East engaged in the race while we are betting on the development of this team.....

Perhaps Hachimura will be available when we draft.

Cool so Kemba is in favor of being a mediocre team?

#11 GeraldWallaceMVP Posted 10 February 2019 - 05:40 PM

GeraldWallaceMVP

Dwight's Only Fan

• 1000+ posts
  • 2,659 posts
  • Joined 23-February 15
  • LocationQueen City, Charlotte NC
I get Kemba and Lamb are probably good friends but I don’t really want to re sign Lamb unless it’s on a very team friendly deal. I feel like we should be shifting to Monk at some point

#12 Adam42R Posted 10 February 2019 - 05:46 PM

Adam42R

MKG's biggest fan

• Honorary Beagle

• 7,936 posts
  • Joined 22-December 10

I get Kemba and Lamb are probably good friends but I don’t really want to re sign Lamb unless it’s on a very team friendly deal. I feel like we should be shifting to Monk at some point

I don't imagine he's basing that on friendship, he's far smarter than that. I also thought that as far as team goes, he and Mike are the close friends, not he and Lamb (but got no actual clue - just thought I read that).

Here comes McRoberts, the throw to Walker, it's in the aaaaaiiiiirrrr, YESSSSS! Bobcats win it! My my my, Kemba Walker. Steve Martin - Toronto 12/18/2013

#13 GeraldWallaceMVP Posted 10 February 2019 - 07:27 PM

GeraldWallaceMVP

Dwight's Only Fan

• 1000+ posts
  • 2,659 posts
  • Joined 23-February 15
I always see Kemba with either Marv,MKG or Lamb on Devante and Miles instagram so i’m guessing those are the guys he’s closest with

#14 powellrmp Posted 11 February 2019 - 07:02 AM

powellrmp

• 1000+ posts
  • 1,266 posts
  • Joined 19-April 16
Oh boy

#15 Founding Hornet Posted 11 February 2019 - 08:30 AM

Founding Hornet

• 1000+ posts
  • 1,024 posts
  • Joined 11-July 14

Cool so Kemba is in favor of being a mediocre team?

That’s right Swedd, exactly......Clown

#16 GeraldWallaceMVP Posted 11 February 2019 - 09:25 AM

GeraldWallaceMVP

Dwight's Only Fan

• 1000+ posts
  • 2,659 posts
  • Joined 23-February 15

lol

#17 Chef Posted 11 February 2019 - 09:48 AM

Chef

• Honorary Beagle

• 9,705 posts
  • Joined 29-February 08

That isn't a dumb question. It is a risky strategy the front office is playing unless kemba assures them he is back. New York can easily sign kemba and lamb with room for another max.

#18 Mustachio Posted 11 February 2019 - 09:52 AM

Mustachio

• Honorary Beagle

• 6,050 posts
  • Joined 11-July 06

Ridiculous argument.  

Sign Kemba.

Sign Lamb. 

Into the crevasse!

"Climb down Lemon, Climb down"Posted Image

#19 Swedd523 Posted 11 February 2019 - 10:05 AM

Swedd523

• Moderators

• 9,426 posts
  • Joined 18-June 09

Whoa now I'm not calling Kemba a clown.  Just saying he's silly if he thinks keeping the merry band of mediocres is going to be a good recipe for long term success.

#20 Swedd523 Posted 11 February 2019 - 10:08 AM

Swedd523

• Moderators

• 9,426 posts
  • Joined 18-June 09

Whoa now I'm not calling Kemba a clown.  Just saying he's silly if he thinks keeping the merry band of mediocres is going to be a good recipe for long term success.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Scottley Crue