117 replies to this topic

#101 nowhere fast Posted 22 February 2019 - 05:11 AM

nowhere fast

Crash

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts
  • Joined 16-May 17

Really couldn't blame Frank seeing how James has handled him in a contract year. This is a guy's livelihood at stake, let him get his shot somewhere else if you don't want him here.

#102 powellrmp Posted 22 February 2019 - 08:54 AM

powellrmp

Braindead Stupid 2020

• 1000+ posts
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,509 posts
  • Joined 19-April 16

Well the problem is that this team isn't capable of being in an arms race because of salary cap. And there's very little development happening. So what does that leave you?

Two consecutive 36-46 seasons, with the very real possibility of making that three straight. At this juncture, the Hornets would have to go 9-16 to finish at 36-46 again. With the wheels falling off and the schedule getting tough...Oh boy 36-46 is a VERY real possibility.

#103 GeraldWallaceMVP Posted 22 February 2019 - 09:07 AM

GeraldWallaceMVP

All Aboard the Rozier Bandwagon

• 1000+ posts
  • 3,350 posts
  • Joined 23-February 15
  • LocationQueen City, Charlotte NC
The Hornets shot down rumors that picks were offered for Frank, the trade stuff was put out by Franks camp

#104 HokieHornet Posted 22 February 2019 - 03:06 PM

HokieHornet

Jeff "Sure I'll Start" McInnis

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts
  • Joined 13-August 13
It's not holding him hostage if you need a 4th center on your roster in case of injury, when the starter has a history of them. That's why you put 4 on the roster to begin with. The fear that he'll succeed elsewhere smells like bull crap and frustration depending on where that smelly rumor came from.

Maybe there were offers, maybe there weren't. Maybe they were garbage. A second round pick or a player you would never play for Frank is an "offer" by definition, but that doesn't mean you have to do it.

But this is the Hornets so any offer they didn't accept is an indication of incompetence. Got it.

#105 Mustachio Posted 22 February 2019 - 03:46 PM

Mustachio

The All-Knowing All-Seeing Beagle

• Honorary Beagle

• 6,336 posts
  • Joined 11-July 06

It's not holding him hostage if you need a 4th center on your roster in case of injury, when the starter has a history of them. That's why you put 4 on the roster to begin with. The fear that he'll succeed elsewhere smells like bull crap and frustration depending on where that smelly rumor came from.

Maybe there were offers, maybe there weren't. Maybe they were garbage. A second round pick or a player you would never play for Frank is an "offer" by definition, but that doesn't mean you have to do it.

But this is the Hornets so any offer they didn't accept is an indication of incompetence. Got it.

The line about "succeeding elsewhere" is the most obvious plant I've ever seen.   No one on planet Earth outside of his sisters and Mom think Frank will become Kareem on the Bucks.  

And totally agree about the picks.  Someone may have offered a second rounder, but what are we supposed to do with that?  we have like 4 over the next 2 drafts and are cap strapped/lineup locked as it is. 

I'm sure Ainge was on the phone offering 11 first rounders for him though.  :facepalm:    Frank played 4 years in college, he's 26 years old already.  It's not like some team is thinking they can really figure him out and get the best out of him.  He's under contract and big man depth, that's more valuable to us than late second rounders.   He and his team are mad they can't be in Sconnie slammin beers.   They're will be plenty of time for that next season. 

Into the crevasse!

"Climb down Lemon, Climb down"Posted Image

#106 HokieHornet Posted 22 February 2019 - 04:14 PM

HokieHornet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts
  • Joined 13-August 13

The line about "succeeding elsewhere" is the most obvious plant I've ever seen. No one on planet Earth outside of his sisters and Mom think Frank will become Kareem on the Bucks.

And totally agree about the picks. Someone may have offered a second rounder, but what are we supposed to do with that? we have like 4 over the next 2 drafts and are cap strapped/lineup locked as it is.

I'm sure Ainge was on the phone offering 11 first rounders for him though. :facepalm: Frank played 4 years in college, he's 26 years old already. It's not like some team is thinking they can really figure him out and get the best out of him. He's under contract and big man depth, that's more valuable to us than late second rounders. He and his team are mad they can't be in Sconnie slammin beers. They're will be plenty of time for that next season.

And I went back and looked. This is the same reporter who was retweeting Frank and family around the trade deadline and discussing Frank trade "rumors" while most if not all other reporters were watching for actually impactful trades.

#107 cltblkhscoach Posted 22 February 2019 - 04:47 PM

cltblkhscoach

Forgotten Member Of High Voltage

• 1000+ posts
  • 3,041 posts
  • Joined 03-July 06
If you guys think Frank Kaminsky, who wont get an extension offer from us and wont play, isnt worth whatever we can get vs. 4th string center depth in the chase for the 8th seed, then I need whatever you're smoking.

We brought in Mack for PG depth, if we move Frank for something then we bring in some other big for 4th string center depth.

Evidenced by the fact I cant even give tickets away, lol, people are fed up with these guys right now

Allan Bristow Is The GOAT

#108 GeraldWallaceMVP Posted 22 February 2019 - 05:30 PM

GeraldWallaceMVP

All Aboard the Rozier Bandwagon

• 1000+ posts
  • 3,350 posts
  • Joined 23-February 15
  • LocationQueen City, Charlotte NC

If you guys think Frank Kaminsky, who wont get an extension offer from us and wont play, isnt worth whatever we can get vs. 4th string center depth in the chase for the 8th seed, then I need whatever you're smoking.

We brought in Mack for PG depth, if we move Frank for something then we bring in some other big for 4th string center depth.

Evidenced by the fact I cant even give tickets away, lol, people are fed up with these guys right now

If you gave a few weeks notice i’d probably take all your tickets because everytime you offer them I always have to work. I’m guessing that it’s usually a spur of the moment thing though

#109 cltblkhscoach Posted 22 February 2019 - 05:38 PM

cltblkhscoach

Forgotten Member Of High Voltage

• 1000+ posts
  • 3,041 posts
  • Joined 03-July 06

If you gave a few weeks notice i’d probably take all your tickets because everytime you offer them I always have to work. I’m guessing that it’s usually a spur of the moment thing though

Unfortunately yeah, I can only give a couple days notice usually

Allan Bristow Is The GOAT

#110 HokieHornet Posted 22 February 2019 - 10:00 PM

HokieHornet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts
  • Joined 13-August 13

I agree with you mostly but if whoever you would sign that got cast off from other teams or a crap pick is the same or worse than just keeping Frank maybe you don't do it? They don't have to make a move just bc Frank's fam and some dude from sporting news say they should. Like many of us I'm fed up with people thinking they know better than the Hornets bc they aren't the [insert big market team]. But if they did turn down legit offers for Frank, shame on them. We can say that bc we're Hornets fans lol.

Thanks for offering out the tickets. If we didn't have company in town this weekend I'd have been in and bought you a beverage.

#111 Founding Hornet Posted 23 February 2019 - 07:13 AM

Founding Hornet

• 1000+ posts
  • 1,146 posts
  • Joined 11-July 14

Hilarious how many picks have been "offered" for Frank Kaminsky. I don't believe the first word of that obvious favor job of an article. Just like the godfather deal that never existed.

He's not good, and he's never wanted to be here. Frank wants to go play in his hometown like some kind of college dropout. Relive his glory days when he was a relevant basketball player.

I don't buy it. American Primoz Brezec.

Dude, Brezec was 2X better than Frank. LOL

Frank is not a great shooter or passer but he makes up for it with terrible defense.

#112 Founding Hornet Posted 23 February 2019 - 07:14 AM

Founding Hornet

• 1000+ posts
  • 1,146 posts
  • Joined 11-July 14

Spot on

#113 Swedd523 Posted 23 February 2019 - 07:54 AM

Swedd523

• Moderators

• 9,634 posts
  • Joined 18-June 09
We're the only team in the world concerned about 4th string Center depth lol

#114 powellrmp Posted 23 February 2019 - 08:01 AM

powellrmp

Braindead Stupid 2020

• 1000+ posts
  • 1,509 posts
  • Joined 19-April 16
Man, I lose sleep over 4th string center depth. It's no joking matter.

#115 Adam42R Posted 23 February 2019 - 08:07 AM

Adam42R

MKG's biggest fan

• Honorary Beagle

• 8,934 posts
  • Joined 22-December 10

We're the only team in the world concerned about 4th string Center depth lol

Feel like the flapping wings junk salesman in The Phantom Menace "No! We're not!"

I don't think this was anything other than someone doing Frank a solid. We couldn't possibly have been offered anything of any appreciable value for him nor do I believe he is willing to get bought out for nil. And while I am not asking him to take zero for a buyout offer, I equally don't think we owe him anything other than playing out his contact....even if that's not comprised of him playing at all.
Here comes McRoberts, the throw to Walker, it's in the aaaaaiiiiirrrr, YESSSSS! Bobcats win it! My my my, Kemba Walker. Steve Martin - Toronto 12/18/2013

#116 Keetch Posted 24 February 2019 - 10:20 PM

Keetch

The All-Knowing All-Seeing Cho

• 1000+ posts
  • 2,077 posts
  • Joined 31-August 06
Jeez Orlando just beat Toronto IN Toronto. We are so finishing 9th. I just can’t even man.
Rollin' in Doh

#117 Mich_Mercer Posted 25 February 2019 - 03:55 PM

Mich_Mercer

Keep Monk and MKG

• 1000+ posts
  • 1,768 posts
  • Joined 27-June 13
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Jeez Orlando just beat Toronto IN Toronto. We are so finishing 9th. I just can’t even man.

Not to meanton, Steve Clifford getting in with his new team.

#118 Swedd523 Posted 25 February 2019 - 04:51 PM

Swedd523

• Moderators

• 9,634 posts
  • Joined 18-June 09

14th pick here we come!
By a game. 14th pick here we come

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users