#24 jfoster Posted 11 February 2019 - 09:48 PM

jfoster

The All-Knowing All-Seeing Beagle

• 1000+ posts
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,386 posts
  • Joined 25-April 14
  • LocationGreenville, South Carolina
I havent been able to watch the game due to work. Why the low amount of minutes for monk the last couple games?

#25 Keetch Posted 11 February 2019 - 09:50 PM

Keetch

The All-Knowing All-Seeing Cho

• 1000+ posts
  • 1,855 posts
  • Joined 31-August 06
Our 3 and 4 positions again killed us. On offense Batum literally stood on the sideline (he alternated right and left to keep the Pacers guessing) every minute he was on the court. Just amazing. I can’t believe the coaches let that happen. He finally scored with like 20 seconds left in the game on an undefended baseline drive (from the sideline) at a time when we desperately needed a 3. My god I despise that guys game.
Rollin' in Doh

#26 Adam42R Posted 11 February 2019 - 10:13 PM

Adam42R

MKG's biggest fan

• Honorary Beagle

• 7,936 posts
  • Joined 22-December 10
Lol, yeah, Nic is playing 35mpg and he's standing in the corner against the coaches guidance. That's a funny as hell read of things.
Here comes McRoberts, the throw to Walker, it's in the aaaaaiiiiirrrr, YESSSSS! Bobcats win it! My my my, Kemba Walker. Steve Martin - Toronto 12/18/2013

#27 Keetch Posted 11 February 2019 - 10:32 PM

Keetch

• 1000+ posts
  • 1,855 posts
  • Joined 31-August 06
Didn’t say it was against the coaches guidance. Saying I’m amazed they didn’t kick his ass.

Nothing about Batums game is the least bit funny.
Rollin' in Doh

#28 Keetch Posted 11 February 2019 - 10:43 PM

Keetch

• 1000+ posts
  • 1,855 posts
  • Joined 31-August 06
Predictable loss tonite. Need to be optimistic for a W at Orlando to stay on track for 39 wins : )
Rollin' in Doh

#29 Mich_Mercer Posted 11 February 2019 - 10:54 PM

Mich_Mercer

Jeff "Sure I'll Start" McInnis

• 1000+ posts
  • 1,380 posts
  • Joined 27-June 13
  • LocationWilmington, NC

I havent been able to watch the game due to work. Why the low amount of minutes for monk the last couple games?

No idea... he was stating to come into his own.... so they decide to just barely play him. Monk is the type of player who needs minutes. They seem to like Mack more than him already. Super frustrating.

#30 eshelmon Posted 12 February 2019 - 10:47 AM

eshelmon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 761 posts
  • Joined 04-July 13
  • LocationGreensboro

No idea... he was stating to come into his own.... so they decide to just barely play him. Monk is the type of player who needs minutes. They seem to like Mack more than him already. Super frustrating.

PG Mack 12 minutes has nothing to do with last nights playing time...Lamb played 38:29 to Monks 9:31.  Even if last 16 games Lamb offense trailed off, 42% FG and 30% 3P, Monk hasn't been exactly been lighting up consistently at 39 & 34.   Monk has more excitement and flash to game but if game off (not just the 0-3 shooting last night) and with offense only slightly better than lambs, coach plays the player who rebounds a lot more (5.6 to Monks 1.8 ), better defense, gets to FT line more, fewer turnovers and fouls and stupid plays...and pouts way much better too!

#31 eshelmon Posted 12 February 2019 - 10:48 AM

eshelmon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 761 posts
  • Joined 04-July 13
  • LocationGreensboro

Deleted double post

#32 Splitta Posted 12 February 2019 - 11:12 AM

Splitta

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Joined 28-December 18

I am also surprised JB plays Batum 35 to 40 minutes every game and he provides nothing.  He has some talent but has been paid and is lazy plays with no effort and does not seem to care whether the team wins or loses.  I am not sure the fanbase is willing to put up with his crap for two more years.  He is Diaw 2.0.

#33 dnbman Posted 12 February 2019 - 08:39 PM

dnbman

Existential Crisis Manager

• Moderators

• 6,062 posts
  • Joined 25-June 07

I am also surprised JB plays Batum 35 to 40 minutes every game and he provides nothing.  He has some talent but has been paid and is lazy plays with no effort and does not seem to care whether the team wins or loses.  I am not sure the fanbase is willing to put up with his crap for two more years.  He is Diaw 2.0.

I'm not going to keep defending Batum, as I have issues with his play and I know most people here have already made up their minds. 

But saying that "he provides nothing" is patently wrong. Most nights, he's charged with defending the other team's best player. He also, typically, contributes a bit of everything, though not a lot of one thing. 

I understand the hatred for Batum. I get the annoyance of the bone head plays. Him just hanging on the sideline after the inbound doesn't seem productive. 

But he does contribute and JB understands that. Borrego's going to do what he thinks puts his team in the best position to win. And he knows more than everyone on this board combined about what needs to happen for the Hornets to win. 

At any rate... off the soap box. Let the Batum bashing continue.

#34 Whiz Kid Posted 12 February 2019 - 10:19 PM

Whiz Kid

Ajinca (French for wasted draft pick)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 449 posts
  • Joined 11-April 12

My only problem with the "he guards the opposing teams best player" statement is that it's not like he's such a defensive stopper that he neutralizes what they typically do game to game anyway. They still do what they normally do against any other team.

#35 Keetch Posted 12 February 2019 - 10:25 PM

Keetch

• 1000+ posts
  • 1,855 posts
  • Joined 31-August 06
DNB This board is overall very considerate of Batum, and I have tried, for the purpose of just basic positivity; to lay off of him. But that Indiana game was just so awful; and Ive watched just so much NBA basketball in my life that all things considered couldn’t help going off. To see a man make so much easy money just to be a such an effing waste on the court infuriated me. I don’t know how he is being coached; I just know what I see. I sincerely think he does more harm than good.

Hopefully in a couple of years this phase of Hornets failure will have passed for something better. It’s only basketball.
Rollin' in Doh

#36 Keetch Posted 12 February 2019 - 10:26 PM

Keetch

• 1000+ posts
  • 1,855 posts
  • Joined 31-August 06

My only problem with the "he guards the opposing teams best player" statement is that it's not like he's such a defensive stopper that he neutralizes what they typically do game to game anyway. They still do what they normally do against any other team.

Yeah that doesn’t mean he does it well.
Rollin' in Doh

#37 dnbman Posted 12 February 2019 - 11:01 PM

dnbman

Existential Crisis Manager

• Moderators

• 6,062 posts
  • Joined 25-June 07

DNB This board is overall very considerate of Batum, and I have tried, for the purpose of just basic positivity; to lay off of him. But that Indiana game was just so awful; and Ive watched just so much NBA basketball in my life that all things considered couldn’t help going off. To see a man make so much easy money just to be a such an effing waste on the court infuriated me. I don’t know how he is being coached; I just know what I see. I sincerely think he does more harm than good.

Hopefully in a couple of years this phase of Hornets failure will have passed for something better. It’s only basketball.

"It's only basketball." True that. I've stopped getting that upset by sports in general. If I'm not enjoying it, I'd rather not participate. 

I didn't watch the Indiana game, so I have no idea how bad he was. That last play certainly wasn't a good look. 

I just think in general, if the coach had better options, he'd play them. He clearly doesn't mind mixing up minutes for whoever he thinks is going to best help us win. I just think with Batum, the negatives are much more glaring when they occur than they are frequent issues. For example, people talk about him clanking shots, but he's one of the best 3 pt shooters on the team. (Only Bacon and Hernangomez are shooting a better % at the moment.) I get he's overpaid. I get he's not what you'd want as a no. 2 player or even a guy getting 2nd most minutes. I just think in general, he's much better than people give him credit. He definitely needs to be more assertive though and score more. 

#38 dav7z Posted 12 February 2019 - 11:39 PM

dav7z

The All-Knowing All-Seeing Beagle

• Honorary Beagle

• 6,092 posts
  • Joined 16-June 06

I think Nic was trying to show case his self to get traded . No trade he's back to being a lazy piece of shit again.

#39 Splitta Posted 13 February 2019 - 11:17 AM

Splitta

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Joined 28-December 18

I am not sure why anyone would want to attempt to defend a 25 mil player who never ever works up a sweat in a game yet plays 35 to 40 minutes.  He does guard the other teams best scorer (SG or SF) but hardly makes a difference as they usually score as normal.  Someone mentioned that he is a better 3 pt shooter than everyone but Willy or Bacon who play very little.  The reason is because he is always wide open for his 3's and should actually have a higher percentage since no one guards him as he apparently has no respect around the league.  I want even go into the stupid home run passes he attempts.  Just glad he does not handle the ball much in JB's system like he did with Clifford.  We do have other bad contracts as well but those players seem to play with effort usually and do break a sweat....lol 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users