104 replies to this topic

#21 powellrmp Posted 11 March 2019 - 09:39 AM

powellrmp

Braindead Stupid 2020

• 1000+ posts
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,407 posts
  • Joined 19-April 16

The only thing I'm taking from this is that MJ is selling. Hmmm...

#22 Mustachio Posted 11 March 2019 - 10:49 AM

Mustachio

The All-Knowing All-Seeing Beagle

• Honorary Beagle

• 6,218 posts
  • Joined 11-July 06

MJ isn't selling.  

MKG isn't walking away from 13 million dollars

Kemba is re-signing with the Hornets

A re-set isn't a rebuild.  

I hope this means Mitch and his "trade connections"

I love FoundingHornets.   This is prime level pot stirring and I'm here for it. 

Into the crevasse!

"Climb down Lemon, Climb down"Posted Image

#23 QC Thundercats Posted 11 March 2019 - 11:02 AM

QC Thundercats

Quality Control Thundercats

• Honorary Beagle

• 2,191 posts
  • Joined 01-June 12

POPULAR

FoundingHornets

F = 6th letter, H = 8th letter

MJ had 6 titles in 8 years

FH = MJ 

giphy.gif

MJ mingling with us regular folks to see our reaction to big ideas.  Dropping bombs and then leaving us with a cliffordhanger until the draft.

#24 Adam42R Posted 11 March 2019 - 11:10 AM

Adam42R

MKG's biggest fan

• Honorary Beagle

• 8,485 posts
  • Joined 22-December 10

MJ isn't selling.  

MKG isn't walking away from 13 million dollars

Kemba is re-signing with the Hornets

A re-set isn't a rebuild.  

I hope this means Mitch and his "trade connections"

I'd love this to be right.  If you saw the survey from 2/28 (just saw it), it's rather ominous regarding the context of this thread however.  Just sayin' :)

Here comes McRoberts, the throw to Walker, it's in the aaaaaiiiiirrrr, YESSSSS! Bobcats win it! My my my, Kemba Walker. Steve Martin - Toronto 12/18/2013

#25 cltblkhscoach Posted 11 March 2019 - 11:11 AM

cltblkhscoach

Forgotten Member Of High Voltage

• 1000+ posts
  • 2,923 posts
  • Joined 03-July 06

I'd love this to be right.  If you saw the survey from 2/28 (just saw it), it's rather ominous regarding the context of this thread however.  Just sayin' :)

I renewed for next season, a full season at that but just one seat. If he's leaving I might as well enjoy it while I can. Sad this went into my decision process. Lol

Allan Bristow Is The GOAT

#26 Adam42R Posted 11 March 2019 - 11:17 AM

Adam42R

MKG's biggest fan

• Honorary Beagle

• 8,485 posts
  • Joined 22-December 10

I renewed for next season, a full season at that but just one seat. If he's leaving I might as well enjoy it while I can. Sad this went into my decision process. Lol

I feel the same way oddly enough. Like since we're locked in price-wise for next year anyway, if this is the swansong, I'm there for it as will be my kids.

Here comes McRoberts, the throw to Walker, it's in the aaaaaiiiiirrrr, YESSSSS! Bobcats win it! My my my, Kemba Walker. Steve Martin - Toronto 12/18/2013

#27 Chef Posted 11 March 2019 - 11:32 AM

Chef

• Honorary Beagle

• 10,119 posts
  • Joined 29-February 08

FoundingHornets

F = 6th letter, H = 8th letter

MJ had 6 titles in 8 years

FH = MJ 

giphy.gif

MJ mingling with us regular folks to see our reaction to big ideas.  Dropping bombs and then leaving us with a cliffordhanger until the draft.

need a bigger like button

andre-the-giant-3.jpg

1450025-chuck_norris_thumbs_up.jpg

fonz.jpg

#28 Founding Hornet Posted 11 March 2019 - 12:20 PM

Founding Hornet

• 1000+ posts
  • 1,111 posts
  • Joined 11-July 14

Or Founding could be bored and fucking with all of us. Lol

I would not do that. This may never materialize, but in the next 12 months, if something BIG happens, you’ll pull back up this thread. Just trying to share what I hear.

#29 powellrmp Posted 11 March 2019 - 12:59 PM

powellrmp

Braindead Stupid 2020

• 1000+ posts
  • 1,407 posts
  • Joined 19-April 16

I would not do that. This may never materialize, but in the next 12 months, if something BIG happens, you’ll pull back up this thread. Just trying to share what I hear.

you can tell us. i promise we won't tell anyone.

In fact, in exchange for information, I can offer you an inside track to be my vice president of the Hornetsplanet, "Braindead and Stupid" party. We offer the HP people an alternative, progressive platform to voice their opinions about how the team can move out of their current status quo and into greatness. Our slogan as it stands currently, "We may be braindead and stupid, but we're certainly not dumb!".

#30 powellrmp Posted 11 March 2019 - 01:12 PM

powellrmp

Braindead Stupid 2020

• 1000+ posts
  • 1,407 posts
  • Joined 19-April 16

I know you're not messing with us FH. You are simply a good Samaritan that happily provides information to real fans. Always appreciated.

...But when you say "BIG", is there any way that you can elaborate on what that could mean without giving too much away?

#31 Mich_Mercer Posted 11 March 2019 - 03:12 PM

Mich_Mercer

Keep Monk and MKG

• 1000+ posts
  • 1,633 posts
  • Joined 27-June 13
  • LocationWilmington, NC

you can tell us. i promise we won't tell anyone.

In fact, in exchange for information, I can offer you an inside track to be my vice president of the Hornetsplanet, "Braindead and Stupid" party. We offer the HP people an alternative, progressive platform to voice their opinions about how the team can move out of their current status quo and into greatness. Our slogan as it stands currently, "We may be braindead and stupid, but we're certainly not dumb!".

Hold it right there. I threw my name into the Brain Dead Stupid Commity VC two days ago. Now you’re trying to throw it to Founding, just bc he has sources. I might just start my own committee! lol

Also, how did you change your slogan or whatever by your name. I haven’t been able to figure that out for 3-4 years

#32 eshelmon Posted 11 March 2019 - 04:26 PM

eshelmon

Jeff "Sure I'll Start" McInnis

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 784 posts
  • Joined 04-July 13
  • LocationGreensboro

MJ may sell and make a lot of money off investment and move to his palace in Florida...and may buy bigger share of Marlins...and may not.

More likely MKG may be gone, a lot of $ in free agency and not flounder around another year with Hornets.  Another 50 million deal not in reach, in range for guaranteed to the Robertson 3 years/30 million, Anderson 4/38 million, Tucker 4/32 million, Exum 3/27 million if moving to better team...heck or more if like 4 years ago I underestimate market and $ spent on players again.  Then money was thrown at bigs, like Biz, imo this time around multi position forwards get overpaid...MKG, Aminu, Morris, etc. 

Plus even if can't get bigger deal, a Pope-like 1-12 million with pay raise  out there as teams look to fill in cap after top sign.  

#33 cltblkhscoach Posted 11 March 2019 - 04:38 PM

cltblkhscoach

Forgotten Member Of High Voltage

• 1000+ posts
  • 2,923 posts
  • Joined 03-July 06

Allan Bristow Is The GOAT

#34 spaceshoes Posted 11 March 2019 - 04:48 PM

spaceshoes

• 1000+ posts
  • 1,087 posts
  • Joined 12-August 15
  • LocationFort Mill, SC
OK Founding, I'll come clean now that the regular season is over. After winning Hornets Planet fantasy championship last year and guiding the team to a 19-1 record this season, I have been in negotiations with the Hornets to become the new GM and coach. I only write this on here because people have said they wouldn't repeat it at this point. I appreciate you all keeping the lid on this. I am certain it will be an easy turn around. Just like I did at the beginning of the season, we will outbid everyone and end up with Kemba, Thompson, Kyrie, Lamb, KD, as well as a few others. I should be able to out together a package of 6 plauers to get AD in a trade. Stay tuned for more details here.

#35 Bogg Posted 11 March 2019 - 04:51 PM

Bogg

The All-Knowing All-Seeing Cho

• 1000+ posts
  • 3,309 posts
  • Joined 06-December 12

Not hard to imagine that being an appealing destination for him.

#36 Mustachio Posted 11 March 2019 - 06:54 PM

Mustachio

• Honorary Beagle

• 6,218 posts
  • Joined 11-July 06

This is exactly what I mean. This is why you don't give up assets for nothing because you're mad the season hasn't gone well. Like you just lost an Xbox game and throw away your controller.

Hornets have to sign Kemba. They will sign Kemba. It's a massive failure if they don't.

Option A: Kemba walks for nothing. Tank. Draft lottery picks for 6 seasons, hope against hope that somehow develops a winning team.

Option B: Sign Kemba. Have the very thing you want in a draft pick on your roster. Also draft players for six seasons. Don't start from scratch.

Option C: Sign and trade Kemba. Tank. Kemba gets paid and isn't the bad guy and gets to play on a competitive squad, Hornets get assets instead of nothing, team he's traded to gets an all star point guard. Also draft players for six seasons, have more draft picks than simply letting Kemba walk for free.

I'll say it again, you have to be almost brain dead to think option A is our best bet as a team.
Into the crevasse!

#37 Chef Posted 11 March 2019 - 07:22 PM

Chef

• Honorary Beagle

• 10,119 posts
  • Joined 29-February 08

No state income tax = raise

#38 Mustachio Posted 11 March 2019 - 08:08 PM

Mustachio

• Honorary Beagle

• 6,218 posts
  • Joined 11-July 06

No state income tax = raise

I mean...but not really. Not over what Charlotte can offer.

Even with state taxes taken out... Charlotte can still offer potentially 38 million more than any other team.

And according to some folks here, 43 million is a lot of money to multi billionaire Michael Jordan. So 38 million has to be worth a shit ton to someone who's only made 58 mil in his entire career.

In a sign and trade he could REALLY get paid though.
Into the crevasse!

#39 DeadlySwarm Posted 11 March 2019 - 08:26 PM

DeadlySwarm

Ajinca (French for wasted draft pick)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 139 posts
  • Joined 10-April 16

Bye Bye MJ, I won't miss you. This team has no chance under you.

#40 Chef Posted 11 March 2019 - 08:28 PM

Chef

• Honorary Beagle

• 10,119 posts
  • Joined 29-February 08

I mean...but not really. Not over what Charlotte can offer.

Even with state taxes taken out... Charlotte can still offer potentially 38 million more than any other team.

And according to some folks here, 43 million is a lot of money to multi billionaire Michael Jordan. So 38 million has to be worth a shit ton to someone who's only made 58 mil in his entire career.

In a sign and trade he could REALLY get paid though.

Yes I am under the assumption of sign and trade

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users