104 replies to this topic

#101 Chef Posted 21 March 2019 - 12:20 PM

Chef

The All-Knowing All-Seeing Beagle

• Honorary Beagle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,466 posts
  • Joined 29-February 08

I don't think he gets the fifth year in the current CBA (with a S&T). Not sure there's that much incentive if that's the case for him to want to agree to S&T. If he wants elsewhere, he should just go.

Good point. But could he get 4 at the absolute Max rate which only the hornets can give?

Holding out hope that Mike sells.

#102 Adam42R Posted 21 March 2019 - 01:06 PM

Adam42R

MKG's biggest fan

• Honorary Beagle

• 8,968 posts
  • Joined 22-December 10

Good point. But could he get 4 at the absolute Max rate which only the hornets can give?

No, doesn't appear so:

94. Why would teams or players want to do a sign-and-trade?

Teams benefit because they can get something in return for players they otherwise would lose to free agency. For players the benefits are limited, because a player can receive no bigger contract via sign-and-trade than he can get by signing with his new team directly (four years, 5% raises), and can receive a larger Bird contract or Designated Veteran contract only when staying with his previous team. It also is much simpler for the player to sign directly with his new team, as a sign-and-trade has to be agreed to by three parties rather than two. A player really only needs to seek a sign-and-trade if he wants to go to a team that is capped-out (or doesn't have enough cap room to give the player a high enough salary) and can't sign him directly.

Another factor encouraging a player not to seek a sign-and-trade is that his new team might be weakened by losing players or draft picks in the trade. So while a sign-and-trade is a useful tool when the team does not have the cap room to sign the player directly, the player and his new team have little reason to seek a sign-and-trade when the player can be signed without involving his previous team.

bold emphasis is mine

Here comes McRoberts, the throw to Walker, it's in the aaaaaiiiiirrrr, YESSSSS! Bobcats win it! My my my, Kemba Walker. Steve Martin - Toronto 12/18/2013

#103 Chef Posted 21 March 2019 - 01:09 PM

Chef

• Honorary Beagle

• 10,466 posts
  • Joined 29-February 08

No, doesn't appear so:

bold emphasis is mine

Well that shows it loud and clear. And with tons of space for both Dallas and the Knicks, the only team I can only see needing the s&t would be Philly but my guess is they aren't going to be in the kemba sweeps anyway.

Holding out hope that Mike sells.

#104 Adam42R Posted 03 April 2019 - 03:46 PM

Adam42R

MKG's biggest fan

• Honorary Beagle

• 8,968 posts
  • Joined 22-December 10
He sure isn't telegraphing a move away from team ownership

Here comes McRoberts, the throw to Walker, it's in the aaaaaiiiiirrrr, YESSSSS! Bobcats win it! My my my, Kemba Walker. Steve Martin - Toronto 12/18/2013

#105 Founding Hornet Posted 05 April 2019 - 10:17 PM

Founding Hornet

• 1000+ posts
  • 1,155 posts
  • Joined 11-July 14
Maybe he won’t. We shall see.

Reset has been underway since I said it two days before the all out youth movement began......

Stay tuned....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users