29 replies to this topic

#1 powellrmp Posted 14 March 2019 - 01:41 PM

powellrmp

Braindead Stupid 2020

• 1000+ posts
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,313 posts
  • Joined 19-April 16

*Mods please erase this thread if there is already one floating around.

I'm done with this season so I'd rather focus on what's ahead of us instead of the misery of the present moment. Obviously, lots of questions make the Hornets draft strategy rather murky and hard to predict, but I think it's easy to say that SF/PF shooter would be a good place to start. Also, I'm not sure Monk has had a proper opportunity to showcase what he's got, but regardless I can't say that outside of a few flashes of brilliance, I'm not sure that Malik is the SG of the Hornets future...but who knows at this point? Drafting a SG is obviously on the table, which may be a better alternative than bringing back Lamb at this point.

...But the drama continues! Will he stay or will he go? Kemba departing obviously would kick start a need to draft a PG. Oh man, shai gilgeous-alexander would've been nice to have kept last draft...

I really like Deandre Hunter out of UVA, but Rui Hachimura may be more in the Hornets draft position.

#2 powellrmp Posted 14 March 2019 - 01:51 PM

powellrmp

Braindead Stupid 2020

• 1000+ posts
  • 1,313 posts
  • Joined 19-April 16
You could add nas little to the list, but I think he'll stay another year.

#3 Swedd523 Posted 14 March 2019 - 01:53 PM

Swedd523

The All-Knowing All-Seeing Beagle

• Moderators

• 9,453 posts
  • Joined 18-June 09
Haven't seen anything from nassir little to suggest he's worthy of a lottery pick

#4 JGib23 Posted 14 March 2019 - 02:27 PM

JGib23

The All-Knowing All-Seeing Cho

• 1000+ posts
  • 1,455 posts
  • Joined 27-October 08

Not much to discuss. We are missing the playoffs, winning the lottery, and drafting Zion.

#5 Mich_Mercer Posted 14 March 2019 - 03:00 PM

Mich_Mercer

Jeff "Sure I'll Start" McInnis

• 1000+ posts
  • 1,505 posts
  • Joined 27-June 13
  • LocationWilmington, NC
I’ll be willing to roll the dice with Bol Bol, despite the injury. From where we probably will be drafting, he could be a steal. Huge upside.

But Ja Morant would be the perfect replace for Kemba, if he leaves. I’d rather have the potential of Morant either way. But you know he NBA won’t let us have a top 3 pick to get him.

#6 Chef Posted 14 March 2019 - 04:00 PM

Chef

• Honorary Beagle

• 9,782 posts
  • Joined 29-February 08
RJ barrett

#7 dnbman Posted 14 March 2019 - 06:17 PM

dnbman

Existential Crisis Manager

• Moderators

• 6,096 posts
  • Joined 25-June 07

Thoughts on Romeo Langford, current pick for us by NBADraft.everyonehatesus.net?

#8 powellrmp Posted 14 March 2019 - 06:27 PM

powellrmp

Braindead Stupid 2020

• 1000+ posts
  • 1,313 posts
  • Joined 19-April 16

Not much to discuss. We are missing the playoffs, winning the lottery, and drafting Zion.

Well duh. Thanks captain obvious. But it's still a better topic than the current state of affairs.

#9 powellrmp Posted 14 March 2019 - 06:30 PM

powellrmp

Braindead Stupid 2020

• 1000+ posts
  • 1,313 posts
  • Joined 19-April 16

Haven't seen anything from nassir little to suggest he's worthy of a lottery pick

Same, which tells me he could slip to our range of picks. When he's played, especially towards the last several games I've seen flashes of why he was ranked so high.

I have questions about his handles and decision making with the ball in his hands though. Maybe some of that was freshman nerves with little playing time to get into the swing of things

#10 Mich_Mercer Posted 14 March 2019 - 07:23 PM

Mich_Mercer

Jeff "Sure I'll Start" McInnis

• 1000+ posts
  • 1,505 posts
  • Joined 27-June 13
  • LocationWilmington, NC
If Little is there, I still say we should probably grab him. If he starts hitting his stride in the tournament, we can probably forget about it. He’s probably just one of those guys who will make a better pro than a college player. He does need to develope a better 3 point shot though.

#11 Swedd523 Posted 14 March 2019 - 08:30 PM

Swedd523

• Moderators

• 9,453 posts
  • Joined 18-June 09

"could slip" to us?

"if he's there, we should probably grab him"?

Y'all must have been watching something I haven't seen.  Is this simply a case of he WAS ranked high so he must still be there confirmation bias?

He's scored 20 points twice.  Once against a good Virginia Tech team and once in a 50 point blowout of Elon.

He's shooting 27% from three on 12 total makes this season (about a third as many as Luke fucking Maye)

At least talking about Coby White makes some sense

#12 powellrmp Posted 14 March 2019 - 09:23 PM

powellrmp

Braindead Stupid 2020

• 1000+ posts
  • 1,313 posts
  • Joined 19-April 16
Small sample size there swedd, Nas will return to unc for another year anyways.

I'm not advocating that we draft little.

#13 Swedd523 Posted 14 March 2019 - 10:29 PM

Swedd523

• Moderators

• 9,453 posts
  • Joined 18-June 09
I don't personally consider almost a full season to be a small sample size

#14 nowhere fast Posted 15 March 2019 - 04:25 AM

nowhere fast

Crash

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 561 posts
  • Joined 16-May 17

Need a big but the pool of wings/ballhandling guards looks deep this year. Need or best player available?  :confused:

#15 Chef Posted 15 March 2019 - 06:17 AM

Chef

• Honorary Beagle

• 9,782 posts
  • Joined 29-February 08
I really hope that whoever gets soon plays him as a super duper version of draymond.

#16 powellrmp Posted 15 March 2019 - 10:19 AM

powellrmp

Braindead Stupid 2020

• 1000+ posts
  • 1,313 posts
  • Joined 19-April 16

I don't personally consider almost a full season to be a small sample size

You watch any unc games? I've watched almost every unc game this year. You're aware he's played an average of 18ish minutes per game? That's what I'm talking about sample size.

#17 Swedd523 Posted 15 March 2019 - 11:22 AM

Swedd523

• Moderators

• 9,453 posts
  • Joined 18-June 09

You watch any unc games? I've watched almost every unc game this year. You're aware he's played an average of 18ish minutes per game? That's what I'm talking about sample size.

Ew it's 2019 my man, let's try and get past the do you watch the game arguments.

Do you think there's a reason why he's only played that much? It might have something to do with him not being very productive with his opportunities.

He's benefitting from (Harry and Michael) Giles-Porter Syndrome. He was a high recruit so he is considered a high pick by default. The only problem is he doesn't have an injury to blame for being underwhelming.

#18 powellrmp Posted 15 March 2019 - 11:44 AM

powellrmp

Braindead Stupid 2020

• 1000+ posts
  • 1,313 posts
  • Joined 19-April 16

Ew it's 2019 my man, let's try and get past the do you watch the game arguments.

Do you think there's a reason why he's only played that much? It might have something to do with him not being very productive with his opportunities.

He's benefitting from (Harry and Michael) Giles-Porter Syndrome. He was a high recruit so he is considered a high pick by default. The only problem is he doesn't have an injury to blame for being underwhelming.

Well it does make a difference watching the games versus not.

Also, yes he does have an excuse for him not playing a lot. He has a bunch of seniors in front of him (maye, Williams, Johnson) who have already gelled as a unit. Also, Roy's system requires dual post players on the floor, which shrinks Little's PT opportunities. Roy has run some small ball, but only for stretches.

Cam Johnson, the graduate senior, was named first team all acc while averaging 17 points per game and shooting 47% from three. Luke maye averages a double double and put up 30/15 on duke. And Kenny Williams-he plays SG and is a tight defender and senior leader.

So you're translating little not being able to take minutes from those seniors as evidence of his game being questionable? That's why I made the statement about watching the games.

#19 powellrmp Posted 15 March 2019 - 12:28 PM

powellrmp

Braindead Stupid 2020

• 1000+ posts
  • 1,313 posts
  • Joined 19-April 16
Swedd-maye, williams, cam Johnson are why unc had a "down" recruiting year last year. It was clear that those three guys are the senior leaders of the team and will get the PT.

Of course little knew that going into this year. And that shows a lot of maturity on his part, which I like. Little will absolutely be back next year and will explode.

#20 Mustachio Posted 15 March 2019 - 01:23 PM

Mustachio

• Honorary Beagle

• 6,092 posts
  • Joined 11-July 06

I don't watch college basketball because I'm an adult and it's a slow inferior version of the game I love. 

But saw Zion play last night at a bar.   

In my opinion, the demand for a tank should end right there.   He's the generational talent.   I'm all about trying to get into the lottery this year.  But after that?   The once in a lifetime pick we're hoping for will be playing in New York or LA.  and the next could be a generation away. 

Into the crevasse!

"Climb down Lemon, Climb down"Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users