We need someone like Whiteside tbh, we get murderd inside

#22 JGib23 Posted 10 April 2019 - 09:13 PM

JGib23

The All-Knowing All-Seeing Cho

• 1000+ posts
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,661 posts
  • Joined 27-October 08
I was wrong... he’s an expiring next year.

Maybe De’Andre Jordan is an option If we don’t resign Lamb

#23 GOBOBCATS24 Posted 10 April 2019 - 09:19 PM

GOBOBCATS24

Sean May... Krispy-Kreme MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts
  • Joined 11-December 08
For what it's worth, Kembas brother just told me on twitter that they will be back next season. Technically even if he left the Hornets he would be back next season for at least one game

#24 JGib23 Posted 10 April 2019 - 09:32 PM

JGib23

• 1000+ posts
  • 1,661 posts
  • Joined 27-October 08

For what it's worth, Kembas brother just told me on twitter that they will be back next season. Technically even if he left the Hornets he would be back next season for at least one game

That would be so awesome

#25 Mustachio Posted 10 April 2019 - 09:44 PM

Mustachio

The All-Knowing All-Seeing Beagle

• Honorary Beagle

• 6,347 posts
  • Joined 11-July 06
Give Kemba Walker whatever he wants.
Into the crevasse!

"Climb down Lemon, Climb down"Posted Image

#26 QC Thundercats Posted 10 April 2019 - 09:57 PM

QC Thundercats

Quality Control Thundercats

• Honorary Beagle

• 2,273 posts
  • Joined 01-June 12

His brother also had this exchange. 

R3hPGHA.png?1

I still think its 50/50.  Like he wants to see a reason to stay, any reason.  That didn't exist before this last streak, with using the young guys and beating actual playoff teams in competitive games.  Like he probably knows how good Miles and Bacon can become.  And Graham, maaaaaybe Monk...  Maybe with a little lottery luck and a promise to drop kick Batomb first chance, its a vision that can convince someone like Kemba.

Nothing like Mr. Anthony "Thats All Folks" Davis.

D3vV-O2WwAEd-05.jpg

#27 Proudiddy Posted 10 April 2019 - 10:24 PM

Proudiddy

• 1000+ posts
  • 1,906 posts
  • Joined 04-July 07

His brother also had this exchange.

R3hPGHA.png?1

I still think its 50/50. Like he wants to see a reason to stay, any reason. That didn't exist before this last streak, with using the young guys and beating actual playoff teams in competitive games. Like he probably knows how good Miles and Bacon can become. And Graham, maaaaaybe Monk... Maybe with a little lottery luck and a promise to drop kick Batomb first chance, its a vision that can convince someone like Kemba.

Nothing like Mr. Anthony "Thats All Folks" Davis.

D3vV-O2WwAEd-05.jpg

Encouraging stuff from Kedow.

I hope I'm just reading too much into the body language stuff, and Kedow's tweets there, if I'm reading that correctly is nothing but good for us.

And idc what we do but some of that salary albatross got to go this offseason. I'd trade Nic for Chandler Parsons in a heartbeat. The experiment with this current crop of vets is over.

#28 Buzzau Posted 10 April 2019 - 10:27 PM

Buzzau

Cardiac Kemba Walker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 887 posts
  • Joined 04-November 15
  • LocationMelbourne, Aus

#29 JGib23 Posted 10 April 2019 - 10:32 PM

JGib23

• 1000+ posts
  • 1,661 posts
  • Joined 27-October 08

That doesn’t make me feel warm and fuzzy.

I can’t blame him if leaves, but I will be really sad to see the greatest Hornet ever leave.

#30 Proudiddy Posted 10 April 2019 - 10:39 PM

Proudiddy

• 1000+ posts
  • 1,906 posts
  • Joined 04-July 07

Welp, and just like that, I'm back to being certain he's gone.

His brother seems sure they arent leaving, but that quote doesn't sound reassuring at all.

#31 GeraldWallaceMVP Posted 10 April 2019 - 10:44 PM

GeraldWallaceMVP

All Aboard the Rozier Bandwagon

• 1000+ posts
  • 3,398 posts
  • Joined 23-February 15
  • LocationQueen City, Charlotte NC

This was a cool moment

#32 Adam42R Posted 10 April 2019 - 10:46 PM

Adam42R

MKG's biggest fan

• Honorary Beagle

• 8,978 posts
  • Joined 22-December 10

Welp, and just like that, I'm back to being certain he's gone.

His brother seems sure they arent leaving, but that quote doesn't sound reassuring at all.

Maybe NOW that "They know what they need to do" comes into full focus. As I have argued, we never knew (or could know) what that meant but as much as everything is now between today and free agency, one has to think that's the only place that quote has full meaning. I stand by my feels that we have to move one of that big stack of money (Marvin, Nic, Mike, Cody - MNMC) off the roster or we haven't really done anything based on what we have learned down the stretch this season.
Here comes McRoberts, the throw to Walker, it's in the aaaaaiiiiirrrr, YESSSSS! Bobcats win it! My my my, Kemba Walker. Steve Martin - Toronto 12/18/2013

#33 Adam42R Posted 10 April 2019 - 10:48 PM

Adam42R

MKG's biggest fan

• Honorary Beagle

• 8,978 posts
  • Joined 22-December 10

This was a cool moment

That was the most genuine MVP chant we have ever offered up to him or anyone that I recall.  

Here comes McRoberts, the throw to Walker, it's in the aaaaaiiiiirrrr, YESSSSS! Bobcats win it! My my my, Kemba Walker. Steve Martin - Toronto 12/18/2013

#34 Chef Posted 11 April 2019 - 04:40 AM

Chef

• Honorary Beagle

• 10,468 posts
  • Joined 29-February 08

That doesn’t make me feel warm and fuzzy.

I can’t blame him if leaves, but I will be really sad to see the greatest Hornet ever leave.

there is a lot of negotiating to do. kemba would be foolish to say "absolutely". the gap in a max and other team offer is 50 million. a super max and regular team is 80 million+ if he makes all-nba. there is a possible 80 million reasons why he should play it close to the vest.

Holding out hope that Mike sells.

#35 Chef Posted 11 April 2019 - 05:34 AM

Chef

• Honorary Beagle

• 10,468 posts
  • Joined 29-February 08

super bright side outlook here:

1. my win your way to the first pick lottery win plan is good to go

2. having the 12th-14th pick might be a blessing in disguise in that it makes it much easier to justify packaging the pick with batum to move him. the 12-14 pick is trivially worse than 8-10 but is perceived to be much worse. generally, the picks 8-10 are way outside the difference maker talent range but close enough that people really over value the pick. i feel that historically picks 7-14 in any given draft result in 1 maybe 2 real difference making players per draft and the pick location is irrelevant. in any given year, trading that pick would be the better move. not saying you should trade it every year just that in all likelihood, if you could trade the pick for a known asset it would be the better move. 

perhaps, this drop in pick gives the FO the latitude to move it as the cost of doing business in dumping batum.

#36 GeraldWallaceMVP Posted 11 April 2019 - 06:23 AM

GeraldWallaceMVP

All Aboard the Rozier Bandwagon

• 1000+ posts
  • 3,398 posts
  • Joined 23-February 15
  • LocationQueen City, Charlotte NC

If we did somehow trade Batum without taking on salary that would give us enough to sign another max player yes?  Who could we go after? Demarcus Cousins, Jimmy Butler, Vucevic, Tobias Harris, Randle?

#37 Chef Posted 11 April 2019 - 06:29 AM

Chef

• Honorary Beagle

• 10,468 posts
  • Joined 29-February 08

If we did somehow trade Batum without taking on salary that would give us enough to sign another max player yes?

i would imagine it would be close (if you didn't resign lamb).

that is a pipe dream unless you can find a team that wants monk and the 13th pick and i still don't think is enough value. i think the best bet is to move the pick and third his money.

#38 QC Thundercats Posted 11 April 2019 - 08:04 AM

QC Thundercats

Quality Control Thundercats

• Honorary Beagle

• 2,273 posts
  • Joined 01-June 12

Is there a way to perhaps pay Kemba on a declining salary?  Like give him the max next year for his years in service, and since the roster is stuck as is. 

2019-20 - With Kemba and the Young Kembettes finishing the last dozen games at a 66.7% rate (54-28 pace) this year, thats the look of an actual solid, top 4 team (I know, variables...Horneting...etc.).  Marv, Cody, and MKG are 45 million in expirings, so you could make a package deal at the trade deadline, or let them expire at the end of the year.  But I can see at least 45 wins.  Thats a young growing team gaining experience.  Kemba gets full rate and a playoff team.

2020-21 - Marv, Cody, and MKG are 45 million off the books if not traded.  Don't know how much room they'll actually have with Kemba and/or Lamb, but thats at least a solid impact player.  Could keep Kembas salary at max rate for this 2nd year, or maybe start a slight drop to create a little more space.  But most important is Batum's expiring year.  If you don't think you can sign an all star in the off season, then that salary point is where you can trade for a high priced star thats looking to move.  Batum's expiring + draft pick(s) + a young guy for high priced star.

2021-22 - If Batum is let to expire, then 27 million off the books.  Maybe have Kemba's salary drop a larger amount.  He's still getting PAID, but the team is getting better, and it will allow room to sign someone to an upcoming Hornets team that went to the Eastern semi's with 52 wins.

2022-23 - Stephs a free agent, comes home on a discount, Hornets are NBA Champions.

Come on Mitch, there's your blueprint.  Never realized how easy our situation actually is.  Sweet.

#39 Mustachio Posted 11 April 2019 - 09:24 AM

Mustachio

• Honorary Beagle

• 6,347 posts
  • Joined 11-July 06

Is there a way to perhaps pay Kemba on a declining salary?  Like give him the max next year for his years in service, and since the roster is stuck as is. 

2019-20 - With Kemba and the Young Kembettes finishing the last dozen games at a 66.7% rate (54-28 pace) this year, thats the look of an actual solid, top 4 team (I know, variables...Horneting...etc.).  Marv, Cody, and MKG are 45 million in expirings, so you could make a package deal at the trade deadline, or let them expire at the end of the year.  But I can see at least 45 wins.  Thats a young growing team gaining experience.  Kemba gets full rate and a playoff team.

2020-21 - Marv, Cody, and MKG are 45 million off the books if not traded.  Don't know how much room they'll actually have with Kemba and/or Lamb, but thats at least a solid impact player.  Could keep Kembas salary at max rate for this 2nd year, or maybe start a slight drop to create a little more space.  But most important is Batum's expiring year.  If you don't think you can sign an all star in the off season, then that salary point is where you can trade for a high priced star thats looking to move.  Batum's expiring + draft pick(s) + a young guy for high priced star.

2021-22 - If Batum is let to expire, then 27 million off the books.  Maybe have Kemba's salary drop a larger amount.  He's still getting PAID, but the team is getting better, and it will allow room to sign someone to an upcoming Hornets team that went to the Eastern semi's with 52 wins.

2022-23 - Stephs a free agent, comes home on a discount, Hornets are NBA Champions.

Come on Mitch, there's your blueprint.  Never realized how easy our situation actually is.  Sweet.

I don't know about the declining rate, I'm sure the CBA has something to say about it.  But I generally agree with the rest of this layout. 

I truly don't understand how anyone could suggest, or hope for letting Kemba walk.    If a 28 year old, 25 ppg, 6 assist leader who just finished a perfect 82 games doesn't deserve the Max ... who does?   The player we want to draft, the player we want to add in free agency is standing on our doorstep wanting to come in.  Lets let him in, then go get some more.    Yeah some our contracts suck right now.  Should we just stop paying people altogether?  Reserve the money for just players under 28?  

Like QC lays out above and I have before... the money isn't that big of an issue past the next season. (which is set in stone anyway) 

The cap space is going to keep going up.   Sports gambling is coming into the legal light right now and revenues will increase like they did with the TV deal.  Kembas deal will not be as devastating as some here would have you believe.   And here's the thing, Kemba keeps getting better.   Every shed of actual evidence we have to work with says that Kemba wants to be here, Kemba wants to build a winner, Kemba will continue to get better.    Sign him as quickly as possible.  

Into the crevasse!

"Climb down Lemon, Climb down"Posted Image

#40 Mich_Mercer Posted 11 April 2019 - 10:14 AM

Mich_Mercer

Keep Monk and MKG

• 1000+ posts
  • 1,786 posts
  • Joined 27-June 13
  • LocationWilmington, NC
Before these last 2-3 weeks, I was fine with just letting Kemba walk. But, with the way the team finished out the season, there is reason to beleive in next season. I’m now want him to stay, no questions asked. I’d be so bummed if he left at this point, but wouldn’t be mad at him if he did. The young guys are bound to be better next season. We seemed to have turned the corner and started closing out close games. We need to keep it together, besides Batum of course and maybe Marvin (I don’t mind Marvin playing 15-20 minutes a night but I don’t want him starting). Batum can kick rocks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users