#41 eshelmon Posted 11 April 2019 - 10:35 AM

eshelmon

Jeff "Sure I'll Start" McInnis

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts
  • Joined 04-July 13
  • LocationGreensboro
Smaller market teams build thru draft, make good picks and luck no matter where picking (Greek freak #14, Jokic 2nd round), imo Kemba stays if He has faith FO can make pick decisions without going thru a tanking process that takes up 29 year old guard prime that already went thru this at start of career

#42 Adam42R Posted 11 April 2019 - 10:38 AM

Adam42R

MKG's biggest fan

• Honorary Beagle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,978 posts
  • Joined 22-December 10

Here comes McRoberts, the throw to Walker, it's in the aaaaaiiiiirrrr, YESSSSS! Bobcats win it! My my my, Kemba Walker. Steve Martin - Toronto 12/18/2013

#43 Adam42R Posted 11 April 2019 - 10:47 AM

Adam42R

MKG's biggest fan

• Honorary Beagle

• 8,978 posts
  • Joined 22-December 10

Not totally sure how to feel about this. If we're roll back the same group, we aren't competitive, unless they all ride the bench.
Here comes McRoberts, the throw to Walker, it's in the aaaaaiiiiirrrr, YESSSSS! Bobcats win it! My my my, Kemba Walker. Steve Martin - Toronto 12/18/2013

#44 cltblkhscoach Posted 11 April 2019 - 10:50 AM

cltblkhscoach

Forgotten Member Of High Voltage

• 1000+ posts
  • 3,052 posts
  • Joined 03-July 06

Allan Bristow Is The GOAT

#45 Mustachio Posted 11 April 2019 - 11:40 AM

Mustachio

The All-Knowing All-Seeing Beagle

• Honorary Beagle

• 6,347 posts
  • Joined 11-July 06

Not totally sure how to feel about this. If we're roll back the same group, we aren't competitive, unless they all ride the bench.

That's all I needed to hear.   

Peace out, girl scout.   

That 5 million can help re-sign Lamb.  Graham gets his minutes.  Life is good. 

Into the crevasse!

"Climb down Lemon, Climb down"Posted Image

#46 Swedd523 Posted 11 April 2019 - 12:34 PM

Swedd523

• Moderators

• 9,648 posts
  • Joined 18-June 09

I truly don't understand how anyone could suggest, or hope for letting Kemba walk. If a 28 year old, 25 ppg, 6 assist leader who just finished a perfect 82 games doesn't deserve the Max ... who does? The player we want to draft, the player we want to add in free agency is standing on our doorstep wanting to come in. Lets let him in, then go get some more. Yeah some our contracts suck right now. Should we just stop paying people altogether? Reserve the money for just players under 28?

I think there's an easy argument.

First and foremost being that the team will never be a contender with Kemba being the primary breadwinner. It never happened with him being on a bargain deal, so it's not likely to happen with him making double unless guys like Miles blow up out of nowhere.

#47 QC Thundercats Posted 11 April 2019 - 01:01 PM

QC Thundercats

Quality Control Thundercats

• Honorary Beagle

• 2,273 posts
  • Joined 01-June 12

First and foremost being that the team will never be a contender with Kemba being the primary breadwinner. It never happened with him being on a bargain deal, so it's not likely to happen with him making double unless guys like Miles blow up out of nowhere.

For me, I see it as, we'll always be mediocre to decent with Kemba.  And we'll always be mediocre to bad without Kemba.  If we're going to be mediocre regardless, I'd rather watch Kemba.

I was actually pretty disillusioned 12 games ago with the stale, overpaid veterans on the roster and no hope.  If not for this burst by the young talent, I may have not even watched another game this year, and probably would be checked out again next year.  Hope is a dangerous thing, and I admit I got suckered in.  But this is the most promising young group we've had since Jeff Taylor/MKG/Cody, Hendo/UPS/DJFelton/May/Morrison, Emeka/Primoz/Kapono, well, since GeraldWallaceMVP has been alive.

I'd like to see this group we've watched close the year to continue.  But I also wanted to see one more run with Crash/Stack/Felton/Bell/Diaw, or another chance with Kemba/Lee/Lin/Big AL, but none of those happened. 

#48 GOBOBCATS24 Posted 11 April 2019 - 01:34 PM

GOBOBCATS24

Sean May... Krispy-Kreme MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts
  • Joined 11-December 08
I am still team let Lamb walk. He doesn't add to our team enough to warrant his market contract value.

#49 Proudiddy Posted 11 April 2019 - 01:39 PM

Proudiddy

The All-Knowing All-Seeing Cho

• 1000+ posts
  • 1,906 posts
  • Joined 04-July 07

I am still team let Lamb walk. He doesn't add to our team enough to warrant his market contract value.

Maybe not, but I have a feeling he may be part of what Kemba wants to come back.

#50 GOBOBCATS24 Posted 11 April 2019 - 01:50 PM

GOBOBCATS24

Sean May... Krispy-Kreme MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts
  • Joined 11-December 08
I don't think it will be smart to give him the money long term. Seems like a guy that will get his money and Batum with it

#51 Adam42R Posted 11 April 2019 - 02:04 PM

Adam42R

MKG's biggest fan

• Honorary Beagle

• 8,978 posts
  • Joined 22-December 10
I honestly believe that our biggest opponent to retaining Kemba is our local media's seeming strong interest in seeing him go. I don't think they wish it for basketball reasons because honestly, half of them can't name the rest of the roster. And I doubt they will directly influence Kemba. But they are the national media's inlet to Charlotte and they have an ability to affect folks that pay nearly no mind normally but will gladly pipe in on this stuff when they last went to a game in '98 cause they got a free ticket from work. That narrative their bullshit creates is what worries me.

#52 Swedd523 Posted 11 April 2019 - 02:32 PM

Swedd523

• Moderators

• 9,648 posts
  • Joined 18-June 09

For me, I see it as, we'll always be mediocre to decent with Kemba. And we'll always be mediocre to bad without Kemba. If we're going to be mediocre regardless, I'd rather watch Kemba.

Hey I can respect that. It's defeatist as hell and indicative of how pathetic the organization is from top to bottom but the realism of it is at least respectable.

#53 QC Thundercats Posted 11 April 2019 - 03:00 PM

QC Thundercats

Quality Control Thundercats

• Honorary Beagle

• 2,273 posts
  • Joined 01-June 12

Hey I can respect that. It's defeatist as hell and indicative of how pathetic the organization is from top to bottom but the realism of it is at least respectable.

Its funny, the very next sentence I was about to write was that I know I've gotten defeatist/cynical within the last 3 years. 

But if we're being honest, you don't win a title without 3 all stars with at least 1-2 of them being MVP caliber players.  We just have one allstar, so even a second one isn't getting into the big leagues yet. If we start over, its a race to even find 1 star again, even though it took 15 years for us to develop one.

Basically, the rest of the league outside of Golden State is just playing for enjoyment, and I've enjoyed the team under Kemba's years, despite the terrible management.

#54 GeraldWallaceMVP Posted 11 April 2019 - 03:49 PM

GeraldWallaceMVP

All Aboard the Rozier Bandwagon

• 1000+ posts
  • 3,398 posts
  • Joined 23-February 15
  • LocationQueen City, Charlotte NC
The reason i am pro letting Kemba walk is because unless we pull off a miracle trade or an all time great draft steal we won’t be more than struggling to make the 8th seed with him. I don’t want to be trapped to mediocrity just because a guy gives us a few oohs and awes every night and I am scared of the future without him.

It’s litterally painful for me to watch Kemba some nights because I love the guy so much and I want to see him actually win something. Plus if we gotta lose Id rather do it with a team of young guys who are improving than with a bunch of late 20s and 30 years olds

#55 Chef Posted 11 April 2019 - 04:39 PM

Chef

• Honorary Beagle

• 10,468 posts
  • Joined 29-February 08

The reason i am pro letting Kemba walk is because unless we pull off a miracle trade or an all time great draft steal we won’t be more than struggling to make the 8th seed with him. I don’t want to be trapped to mediocrity just because a guy gives us a few oohs and awes every night and I am scared of the future without him.

It’s litterally painful for me to watch Kemba some nights because I love the guy so much and I want to see him actually win something. Plus if we gotta lose Id rather do it with a team of young guys who are improving than with a bunch of late 20s and 30 years olds

Why not sign him and trade him later?

Holding out hope that Mike sells.

#56 Mustachio Posted 11 April 2019 - 05:32 PM

Mustachio

• Honorary Beagle

• 6,347 posts
  • Joined 11-July 06

"Hasn't happened, therefore won't happen" is a pretty weak argument for anything. I've never died, will I live forever?

Kemba doesn't have to be the main breadwinner anyway. It's one season of bad contracts and we can rework around him.

Regardless Kemba is not the section of the cap space we should be worried about. Lock in the one good thing you have, then deal with the shit.
Into the crevasse!

#57 GeraldWallaceMVP Posted 11 April 2019 - 05:32 PM

GeraldWallaceMVP

• 1000+ posts
  • 3,398 posts
  • Joined 23-February 15

Why not sign him and trade him later?

Because that’s how you get a reputation as a franchise players don’t wanna play for

#58 Mustachio Posted 11 April 2019 - 05:49 PM

Mustachio

• Honorary Beagle

• 6,347 posts
  • Joined 11-July 06

Because that’s how you get a reputation as a franchise players don’t wanna play for

You just said two posts ago that you cry for Kemba because you want to see him win elsewhere.

So wouldn't giving him a huge contract and then sending him elsewhere to win be good for our reputation?
Into the crevasse!

#59 GeraldWallaceMVP Posted 11 April 2019 - 07:13 PM

GeraldWallaceMVP

• 1000+ posts
  • 3,398 posts
  • Joined 23-February 15

You just said two posts ago that you cry for Kemba because you want to see him win elsewhere.

So wouldn't giving him a huge contract and then sending him elsewhere to win be good for our reputation?

I didn’t say I “cry” for him but Idk how you guys can love Kemba so much and just watch him waste his careee and be like “yeah this this is cool”

#60 Swedd523 Posted 11 April 2019 - 08:07 PM

Swedd523

• Moderators

• 9,648 posts
  • Joined 18-June 09

"Hasn't happened, therefore won't happen" is a pretty weak argument for anything. I've never died, will I live forever?

Kemba doesn't have to be the main breadwinner anyway. It's one season of bad contracts and we can rework around him.

Regardless Kemba is not the section of the cap space we should be worried about. Lock in the one good thing you have, then deal with the shit.

You realize "hasn't happened, therefore won't happen" can apply to literally anything... such as.... the team completely rebuilding and being better than the current construction so..... I got nothing for you on that one.

Paying him the hometown max makes him the primary breadwinner lol

Literally nobody else can sign a contract as big as his to play in Charlotte.  Paying him $30+ million locks you into a max contract that cannot go towards an actual max level franchise player.  Kemba is simply not the #1 option on a contender.  Even being the #2 option is tenuous at best.

I get that you've got some weird form of Stockholm Syndrome and you're either too stubborn or blind to see it, but he's not a franchise player in the business sense.  You give him that money with the express knowledge that you're okay with being a 10-6 seed in the East.  That might be cool for you, but I'd rather see them completely tear this shit sandwich apart and start over

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users