#1 Adam42R Posted 03 April 2019 - 06:22 PM

Adam42R

MKG's biggest fan

• Honorary Beagle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,609 posts
  • Joined 22-December 10
"In a world where the Hornets have given up..."

Here comes McRoberts, the throw to Walker, it's in the aaaaaiiiiirrrr, YESSSSS! Bobcats win it! My my my, Kemba Walker. Steve Martin - Toronto 12/18/2013

#2 Mich_Mercer Posted 03 April 2019 - 06:55 PM

Mich_Mercer

Keep Monk and MKG

• 1000+ posts
  • 1,681 posts
  • Joined 27-June 13
  • LocationWilmington, NC
About damn time. Should have starting over Marvin the whole time. We’re going to win the next 5 and lock up the 9 seed!

#3 Adam42R Posted 03 April 2019 - 07:12 PM

Adam42R

MKG's biggest fan

• Honorary Beagle

• 8,609 posts
  • Joined 22-December 10
Good gracious that interview with Ash felt so sad. 15 is always so we and our and seemed like I only heard they and their. Just felt depressed watching that.
Here comes McRoberts, the throw to Walker, it's in the aaaaaiiiiirrrr, YESSSSS! Bobcats win it! My my my, Kemba Walker. Steve Martin - Toronto 12/18/2013

#4 Mich_Mercer Posted 03 April 2019 - 08:16 PM

Mich_Mercer

Keep Monk and MKG

• 1000+ posts
  • 1,681 posts
  • Joined 27-June 13
  • LocationWilmington, NC
Kemba definitely seemed like he felt the season was over.. even though we aren’t mathematically out of it.

Actually loving what what I’m seeing from Graham and Monk tonight. Monks the guy we need the most... really need him to finish strong and come in on fire next season.

#5 WIAN Posted 03 April 2019 - 08:33 PM

WIAN

Ajinca (French for wasted draft pick)

• 1000+ posts
  • 1,216 posts
  • Joined 01-November 08
Mitch has a helluva job ahead of him this summer.

#6 cltblkhscoach Posted 03 April 2019 - 09:26 PM

cltblkhscoach

Forgotten Member Of High Voltage

• 1000+ posts
  • 2,951 posts
  • Joined 03-July 06
Good win for the guys tonight. For what its worth, Kemba is definitely playing hard as hell lately.

Allan Bristow Is The GOAT

#7 Proudiddy Posted 03 April 2019 - 09:29 PM

Proudiddy

The All-Knowing All-Seeing Cho

• 1000+ posts
  • 1,821 posts
  • Joined 04-July 07
Man, Kemba's interviews have been brutal down this stretch. He is miserable. It's like he's trying to say the right things, but it's not how he feels at all.

#8 QC Thundercats Posted 03 April 2019 - 09:35 PM

QC Thundercats

Quality Control Thundercats

• Honorary Beagle

• 2,204 posts
  • Joined 01-June 12
This seems interesting. Any specific insight on the deal here?

#9 Chef Posted 03 April 2019 - 09:39 PM

Chef

The All-Knowing All-Seeing Beagle

• Honorary Beagle

• 10,229 posts
  • Joined 29-February 08

This seems interesting. Any specific insight on the deal here?

Jb is not a very good coach?

#10 QC Thundercats Posted 03 April 2019 - 09:55 PM

QC Thundercats

• Honorary Beagle

• 2,204 posts
  • Joined 01-June 12

Jb is not a very good coach?

I mean, if JB is in over his head, why the hell are we hiring an inexperienced first year guy, especially if this was supposed to be a PLAYOFFS??? year.

What, are we gonna fire our 3rd guy after one year in the past decade?  Terrible track record.  I wonder if Kemba asks for Mitch to ax him as a condition to stay, would he do it.

I feel like its too early to fire him before he even has a good team to coach with, I wasn't sure if there was a real disconnect or not, or maybe Kemba is just frustrated with the whole thing, but this seems more concrete evidence of something strange, in the neighborhood.

#11 Proudiddy Posted 03 April 2019 - 10:09 PM

Proudiddy

The All-Knowing All-Seeing Cho

• 1000+ posts
  • 1,821 posts
  • Joined 04-July 07
Well, Kemba has been very public previously with his love for Clifford and the last coaching staff. I imagine he wasn't a big fan of the change and then the lack of success prolly put it over the top for him. He's tired if it, and now it's the same results with a coach he apparently doesn't believe in.

#12 Swedd523 Posted 04 April 2019 - 07:52 AM

Swedd523

• Moderators

• 9,586 posts
  • Joined 18-June 09
I'm not one to listen to the BBTB kids unless there is some sort of corroboration

#13 Mich_Mercer Posted 04 April 2019 - 08:35 AM

Mich_Mercer

Keep Monk and MKG

• 1000+ posts
  • 1,681 posts
  • Joined 27-June 13
  • LocationWilmington, NC
At the time we hired JB, he was a coach a lot of us were excited to have. He was a younger coach, who would be more in tune with today’s NBA game. So far, it hasn’t worked out though. I do see us giving him another year, to see what he can do.

#14 GeraldWallaceMVP Posted 04 April 2019 - 08:50 AM

GeraldWallaceMVP

Dwight's Only Fan

• 1000+ posts
  • 3,118 posts
  • Joined 23-February 15
  • LocationQueen City, Charlotte NC

I still think JB is a good coach, he's stuck with a shitty roster that isn't his fault. He's legit tried almost everything to get this roster to work and it can't because this roster is full of aging veterans who don't give a fuck outside of their paycheck and young guys still trying to learn. 

#15 Swedd523 Posted 04 April 2019 - 09:19 AM

Swedd523

• Moderators

• 9,586 posts
  • Joined 18-June 09

I still think JB is a good coach, he's stuck with a shitty roster that isn't his fault. He's legit tried almost everything to get this roster to work and it can't because this roster is full of aging veterans who don't give a fuck outside of their paycheck and young guys still trying to learn.

I agree. Give him some youth and let him grow with a roster and they'll be just fine.

Hard to teach old dogs new tricks

#16 cltblkhscoach Posted 04 April 2019 - 09:50 AM

cltblkhscoach

Forgotten Member Of High Voltage

• 1000+ posts
  • 2,951 posts
  • Joined 03-July 06

I'm not one to listen to the BBTB kids unless there is some sort of corroboration

I admire their passion but I agree, they go for the click bait type of insights all the time

Allan Bristow Is The GOAT

#17 GeraldWallaceMVP Posted 04 April 2019 - 01:51 PM

GeraldWallaceMVP

Dwight's Only Fan

• 1000+ posts
  • 3,118 posts
  • Joined 23-February 15
  • LocationQueen City, Charlotte NC
BBTB are the worst kinds of Hornets fans the “if we lose Kemba the sky is falling fans”

#18 Mustachio Posted 04 April 2019 - 02:04 PM

Mustachio

• Honorary Beagle

• 6,242 posts
  • Joined 11-July 06

BBTB are the worst kinds of Hornets fans the “if we lose Kemba the sky is falling fans”

BBTB are the worst.

But if we lose Kemba, the sky isn't falling.   It has fallen on our fucking heads.     

The "sky is falling" is an analogy for the shit being about as bad as it gets.      If we are with a mid round draft pick, out of the playoffs, stuck with an aging roster, and zero assets going forward, I would tend to say the sky has fallen.   The only way the sky doesn't fall is if we have at least one All Star player, or the asset package that comes from that one All Star Player.  

If Kemba leaves we may as well be an expansion franchise again... we're starting from absolute nothing.   

Into the crevasse!

"Climb down Lemon, Climb down"Posted Image

#19 QC Thundercats Posted 04 April 2019 - 02:11 PM

QC Thundercats

• Honorary Beagle

• 2,204 posts
  • Joined 01-June 12

Good point, Kemba was probably sneaking glances of Ashley sitting behind coach.

Yeah, they definitely can come across as self-righteous, I think they were on HP for a bit, but don't really remember the deal of why they got ran off. 

I respect their hustle, though - I feel like I make better graphics and I'd like to think I'm much wittier, but they started their own beer, make money off shirts, and have a podcast with local Charlotte sports people, while I'm still working for the man.  Although I guess if I lived at home, didn't have kids, and didn't have a full time job, maybe I could've done more.....like when me and Chef had killer deep dive articles that were read by about 12 people.

#20 Mich_Mercer Posted 04 April 2019 - 04:10 PM

Mich_Mercer

Keep Monk and MKG

• 1000+ posts
  • 1,681 posts
  • Joined 27-June 13
  • LocationWilmington, NC

BBTB are the worst.

But if we lose Kemba, the sky isn't falling. It has fallen on our fucking heads.

The "sky is falling" is an analogy for the shit being about as bad as it gets. If we are with a mid round draft pick, out of the playoffs, stuck with an aging roster, and zero assets going forward, I would tend to say the sky has fallen. The only way the sky doesn't fall is if we have at least one All Star player, or the asset package that comes from that one All Star Player.

If Kemba leaves we may as well be an expansion franchise again... we're starting from absolute nothing.

I wouldn’t say we are an expansion franchise if Kemba leaves. I’d say we already have a head start with that. I still believe in Bacon, Monk, Bridges and Graham. We’re going to lose a lot of games, but it wouldn’t be the end of the world. I think we’d honesty be fun to watch. I wouldn’t mind a few years of top 3 draft picks. I can’t really take much more of what’s been going on for the past forever years.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users