#2 GeraldWallaceMVP Posted 16 April 2019 - 07:51 AM

GeraldWallaceMVP

Dwight's Only Fan

• 1000+ posts
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,046 posts
  • Joined 23-February 15
  • LocationQueen City, Charlotte NC

Was listening to the Lowe and Woj show today, apparently, Woj heard that Kemba was incredibly letdown by the team at the deadline

#3 Mustachio Posted 16 April 2019 - 08:47 AM

Mustachio

The All-Knowing All-Seeing Beagle

• Honorary Beagle

• 6,220 posts
  • Joined 11-July 06

Into the crevasse!

"Climb down Lemon, Climb down"Posted Image

#4 Mustachio Posted 16 April 2019 - 08:50 AM

Mustachio

• Honorary Beagle

• 6,220 posts
  • Joined 11-July 06
"You see guys who are on elite teams. I don't want to do that. I want to create something special here in Charlotte, something that we have never had here before. I want to create some consistency. And I want to be a part of that," he said.

Walker says he is "confident" the Hornets will try to re-sign him this summer, saying, "I just have that feeling."
Into the crevasse!

#5 Mustachio Posted 16 April 2019 - 08:56 AM

Mustachio

• Honorary Beagle

• 6,220 posts
  • Joined 11-July 06
“People go through tough times that’s how I’ve taken it,” Walker said. “I always felt like I’ve grown because of it. I never let it bother me or stop me from becoming a good player. I could’ve easily done that or asked for a trade. I want to build something here. I want to try and make us one of the top teams one day. I love this place. I want to help take this organization to places it has never been.”

He has a message for any player at the All-Star Game seeking to recruit him:

“For me, I love competing. I love playing against these other players, the great players. I don’t want to go join their teams. If any want to come play on my team, I’m good with that. But I’m a competitor. Playing against these guys drives me and fuels me.

“There’s something to be said for being on a team for your whole career. Not many players have done that. Only a select few. That’s a goal to accomplish.”
Into the crevasse!

#6 Mustachio Posted 16 April 2019 - 10:34 AM

Mustachio

• Honorary Beagle

• 6,220 posts
  • Joined 11-July 06

Into the crevasse!

#7 Mustachio Posted 16 April 2019 - 10:48 AM

Mustachio

• Honorary Beagle

• 6,220 posts
  • Joined 11-July 06

I mean guys... Come on.   This is what we've been waiting for.  

Perennial All Star surrounded by a core of high potential, hyper athletic, super young players.

Without moving a single contract or losing an asset we can continue Kemba and The Avengers next season, then after that the sky is the limit with adding draft picks and free agents. 

Into the crevasse!

#8 WIAN Posted 16 April 2019 - 12:34 PM

WIAN

Ajinca (French for wasted draft pick)

• 1000+ posts
  • 1,216 posts
  • Joined 01-November 08
Yeah I think we have possibly one more year of struggle with this roster and it could be a 2 yr push to hopefully something great and more importantly sustainable. With Kemba's resigning this could be the start of something special in Charlotte.

#9 gforce03 Posted 16 April 2019 - 01:40 PM

gforce03

Sean May... Krispy-Kreme MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts
  • Joined 29-June 16

I mean guys... Come on.   This is what we've been waiting for.  

Perennial All Star surrounded by a core of high potential, hyper athletic, super young players.

Without moving a single contract or losing an asset we can continue Kemba and The Avengers next season, then after that the sky is the limit with adding draft picks and free agents. 

Hopefully we can add someone in this draft bigger than 6'-7" to that group

#10 Splitta Posted 16 April 2019 - 03:11 PM

Splitta

Primoz "The Slovenian Gangster" "Brezac

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
  • Joined 28-December 18

Yep....you just have to resign Kemba and Lamb.  Kemba is a baller and we can get through the next year with the bad contracts, we may even make the playoffs and surprise some folks.  The young talent played really well at the end of the year.  At least there is hope if we keep Kemba.

#11 Mustachio Posted 17 April 2019 - 03:12 PM

Mustachio

• Honorary Beagle

• 6,220 posts
  • Joined 11-July 06

https://youtu.be/y9rmppR2NtI

Into the crevasse!

#12 Mich_Mercer Posted 17 April 2019 - 03:30 PM

Mich_Mercer

Keep Monk and MKG

• 1000+ posts
  • 1,636 posts
  • Joined 27-June 13
  • LocationWilmington, NC
I think we’ve finally figured out how to close out games, as the end of the season showed us. If we can even win half as many of the close games we lost last year, we’d be a playoff team easily. I honestly think we could push for the 5 seed as the team is next season. We really aren’t that far away from that.

#13 Chef Posted 17 April 2019 - 05:26 PM

Chef

• Honorary Beagle

• 10,128 posts
  • Joined 29-February 08

I think we’ve finally figured out how to close out games, as the end of the season showed us. If we can even win half as many of the close games we lost last year, we’d be a playoff team easily. I honestly think we could push for the 5 seed as the team is next season. We really aren’t that far away from that.

This post is dated today but I swear it was last year. no wait, two years ago. No wait...

#14 Adam42R Posted 17 April 2019 - 06:03 PM

Adam42R

MKG's biggest fan

• Honorary Beagle

• 8,490 posts
  • Joined 22-December 10

This post is dated today but I swear it was last year. no wait, two years ago. No wait...

Sorry but we didn't figure or how to close games last year or the year prior, that has a particular time stamp on it.
Here comes McRoberts, the throw to Walker, it's in the aaaaaiiiiirrrr, YESSSSS! Bobcats win it! My my my, Kemba Walker. Steve Martin - Toronto 12/18/2013

#15 Mich_Mercer Posted 17 April 2019 - 09:04 PM

Mich_Mercer

Keep Monk and MKG

• 1000+ posts
  • 1,636 posts
  • Joined 27-June 13
  • LocationWilmington, NC

This is the first time we were able to close out games at a consistent bases. We showed a lot of promise to close out the year. What else do you expect us to do? Why not look at the positives bc there is a lot to like about our young core.

#16 Adam42R Posted 17 April 2019 - 09:13 PM

Adam42R

MKG's biggest fan

• Honorary Beagle

• 8,490 posts
  • Joined 22-December 10

I'm with M&M, had the season ended at game 70, this a) would have been what we were accustomed to with Cliff where we learned nothing and B) we'd have no reason to have hope of either i.) the young core generally or ii.) Kemba seeing hope with said young core.  But those last 12 games showed us that we could likely get rid of anywhere north of 50 to 75m and not step backward.  Minimally, if you can swap out 50m for 50m and get more motivated if not at least new-to-us assets, this could look a hell of a lot more promising without a high risk on the downside.

Here comes McRoberts, the throw to Walker, it's in the aaaaaiiiiirrrr, YESSSSS! Bobcats win it! My my my, Kemba Walker. Steve Martin - Toronto 12/18/2013

#17 Chef Posted 17 April 2019 - 09:40 PM

Chef

• Honorary Beagle

• 10,128 posts
  • Joined 29-February 08

This is the first time we were able to close out games at a consistent bases. We showed a lot of promise to close out the year. What else do you expect us to do? Why not look at the positives bc there is a lot to like about our young core.

I am not disagreeing, I was only posting my first thought after reading it

#18 Chef Posted 17 April 2019 - 09:43 PM

Chef

• Honorary Beagle

• 10,128 posts
  • Joined 29-February 08

I'm with M&M, had the season ended at game 70, this a) would have been what we were accustomed to with Cliff where we learned nothing and B) we'd have no reason to have hope of either i.) the young core generally or ii.) Kemba seeing hope with said young core. But those last 12 games showed us that we could likely get rid of anywhere north of 50 to 75m and not step backward. Minimally, if you can swap out 50m for 50m and get more motivated if not at least new-to-us assets, this could look a hell of a lot more promising without a high risk on the downside.

My issue/concern is that the "young guys" are by in large are reserve type talents. So basically you are left with kemba and maybe lamb as the only real playoffs caliber starters.

#19 Adam42R Posted 17 April 2019 - 10:34 PM

Adam42R

MKG's biggest fan

• Honorary Beagle

• 8,490 posts
  • Joined 22-December 10

My issue/concern is that the "young guys" are by in large are reserve type talents. So basically you are left with kemba and maybe lamb as the only real playoffs caliber starters.

But what can you buy with the $75m or so on the bench in trades?  My point is that Kebma and the Avengers shows us the floor, we don't know through trades what the ceiling can be.  ... yada yada some roof reference for the Tarheel haters in the back

#20 Chef Posted 18 April 2019 - 06:15 AM

Chef

• Honorary Beagle

• 10,128 posts
  • Joined 29-February 08

But what can you buy with the $75m or so on the bench in trades? My point is that Kebma and the Avengers shows us the floor, we don't know through trades what the ceiling can be. ... yada yada some roof reference for the Tarheel haters in the back

I know the path and the blueprint but with the way the league is teaming up and the way that the starts have decided that only available few markets matter, I fear you are going to be replacing that $75 mil with very similar yet flawed players so to speak.

In other words, trades and the draft vs free agency seems to be the best path forward. Convincing kemba of that is key.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users