#61 Veteran_Picksetter Posted 19 April 2019 - 08:47 PM

Veteran_Picksetter

The All-Knowing All-Seeing Cho

• 1000+ posts
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,750 posts
  • Joined 30-May 10
I have an appreciation for Gerald Henderson:

By 2009, it was normal for the Bobcats to botch their lottery picks(plus that Ajinca thing). He was solid for a 12th selection.

Was here a whole 6 seasons(rare for Charlotte first rounders), which offered a modicum of stability in the midst of so many other changes.

Part of both Bobcats playoff teams.

Never developed a complete offensive game, but man he had some highlights.

https://youtu.be/bUzT4WypYqE

#62 GeraldWallaceMVP Posted 29 April 2019 - 01:23 PM

GeraldWallaceMVP

All Aboard the Rozier Bandwagon

• 1000+ posts
  • 3,398 posts
  • Joined 23-February 15
  • LocationQueen City, Charlotte NC
“Their fucked either way” How three former Charlotte front office figures described Kemba Walkers free agency per Bleacher Report

#63 cltblkhscoach Posted 29 April 2019 - 02:50 PM

cltblkhscoach

Forgotten Member Of High Voltage

• 1000+ posts
  • 3,052 posts
  • Joined 03-July 06

“Their fucked either way” How three former Charlotte front office figures described Kemba Walkers free agency per Bleacher Report

We're fucked with Nic Batum's contract. I can still sleep better paying Kemba

Allan Bristow Is The GOAT

#64 jfoster Posted 29 April 2019 - 03:13 PM

jfoster

The All-Knowing All-Seeing Beagle

• 1000+ posts
  • 1,462 posts
  • Joined 25-April 14
  • LocationGreenville, South Carolina

sucks to hear but it's the unfortunate truth. no matter what they do it will be awhile before this team will have the ability to be a consistent playoff team

#65 Founding Hornet Posted 29 April 2019 - 06:38 PM

Founding Hornet

• 1000+ posts
  • 1,165 posts
  • Joined 11-July 14
It’s their own fault man. Had two opportunities to trade him for high lottery or to surround him with more talent prior to trade deadline.

#66 GeraldWallaceMVP Posted 29 April 2019 - 07:43 PM

GeraldWallaceMVP

• 1000+ posts
  • 3,398 posts
  • Joined 23-February 15
Tbh glad we passed on Marc Gasol, at the time I was all in but now I’m glad. I would still trade for Drummond in a heartbeat tho. Say all you want to about him but you can’t deny 17 points 16 rebounds and 2 blocks a game. Guy is only 25 and is still improving as a scorer could very easily be getting 22 and 16 in the next 2 years

#67 Mich_Mercer Posted 30 April 2019 - 12:07 AM

Mich_Mercer

Keep Monk and MKG

• 1000+ posts
  • 1,786 posts
  • Joined 27-June 13
  • LocationWilmington, NC
I’ll take Drummond also.

#68 Keetch Posted 30 April 2019 - 09:30 AM

Keetch

• 1000+ posts
  • 2,086 posts
  • Joined 31-August 06
You don’t have to offer him the max. 27 mil should be enough. If not then oh well. There’s less than 10 players in this league worthy of a max contract.

LeBron (short contract - aging out)
Durant
Steph (not too long tho)
AD
Embiid
Giannis
Kawhi

“Maybe” Harden and Kyrie.

That’s it.
Rollin' in Doh

#69 Keetch Posted 30 April 2019 - 09:35 AM

Keetch

• 1000+ posts
  • 2,086 posts
  • Joined 31-August 06
BTW been catching Raptors playoff games just to watch Kawhi Leonard. I don’t have any idea what goes on in his brain; but his game is freaking beautiful.
Rollin' in Doh

#70 JGib23 Posted 30 April 2019 - 11:04 AM

JGib23

• 1000+ posts
  • 1,661 posts
  • Joined 27-October 08

This is going to sound crazy (because it is).

If Kemba leaves, I believe we should start Malik Monk at Point Guard.

Here is my reasoning.

I think it could be a disaster and that wouldn't be the worst thing. If we are going to suck, lets not half ass suck. Let's do it right. If Malik is going to be a legit NBA player it will need to be in a role similar to Lou Williams and Lou Williams is light years ahead of Malik as both a ball handler and a creator of offense for others.

Let's throw Malik into a role that he will eventually have to master to help us get where we want to go. The quicker he develops into being a Lou Williams type threat, the quicker this rebuild becomes. His best position from a defensive perspective will need to be guarding the opposing teams PG so we could actually start Malik and have him guard the PG and use Batum as the secondary creator to help Malik during his transition. I'm not a Batum fan and hope we can trade him but, if Kemba leaves, we should just take our Batum medicine and not give away an asset simply to move off the contract during a rebuild.

PG- Malik

SG- Bacon

SF - Batum

PF- Miles

C- Cody

Bench-

Graham

MKG

Frank

Bruno Fernando

Marvin

If he fails, we most likely get a top 4 draft pick next year.

if he does okay, that means we have used a rebuilding year to help develop one of our young guys.

If he surprises everyone and becomes a solid combo guard then we have shaved a year off the rebuild most likely.

#71 Vanderbilt_Grad Posted 30 April 2019 - 11:21 AM

Vanderbilt_Grad

Primoz "The Slovenian Gangster" "Brezac

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
  • Joined 08-May 18
  • LocationCharlotte

Why not start Graham instead and use Malik as a super 6th man - which much more closely tracks to what Lou did.  Could see starting Graham & Malik together as well.

Batum should not start no matter what next year.

#72 JGib23 Posted 30 April 2019 - 11:27 AM

JGib23

• 1000+ posts
  • 1,661 posts
  • Joined 27-October 08

either way... as long as Malik is logging most of his minutes at point.

He really needs to improve his ball handling and decision making...

I guess my point was... If Kemba leaves, I hops they don't go out and sign a vet PG that will steal minutes from either Malik or Graham...

If Kemba leaves, lets embrace the stink and do this rebuild correctly and not shortcut it like we did with the Al Jefferson signing.... One more season of being bad a few years ago and we might not be in this position today.

#73 Vanderbilt_Grad Posted 30 April 2019 - 11:42 AM

Vanderbilt_Grad

Primoz "The Slovenian Gangster" "Brezac

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
  • Joined 08-May 18
  • LocationCharlotte

I much prefer what teams like the Clippers have been able to do ... and see Brooklyn as a bit of a model as well.  Absolutely the team should keep drafting young talent and seeking to develop those guys.  However they should also be signing quality vets and win as much as they can while doing it, instead of tanking.

I look at it as less of "vet PG is taking minutes away from DG or MM" than I do as "team is trying to teach the young guys what it takes to win."

#74 buckets Posted 30 April 2019 - 12:07 PM

buckets

• Honorary Beagle

• 5,519 posts
  • Joined 27-June 15

sucks to hear but it's the unfortunate truth. no matter what they do it will be awhile before this team will have the ability to be a consistent playoff team

Hornets reportedly getting fucked and Focke’d this offseason.

- The Onion, apparently
#Chodidthemath

#75 JGib23 Posted 30 April 2019 - 01:10 PM

JGib23

• 1000+ posts
  • 1,661 posts
  • Joined 27-October 08

We'll we can't be the Clippers because they traded away their franchise player for assets before he had the chance to walk out the door. The Clippers made the playoffs by accepting that Blake Griffin needed to be traded to rebuild the team. The Hornets right or wrong took the opposite direction with Kemba so we can't rebuild like the Clippers have.

Here is what they did:

Traded Blake Griffin, Willie Reed, and Brice Johnson

And after subsequent trades this is what they received:

Shai Gilgeous Alexeander

Wilson Chandler

Landry Shamet

2020 1st from Philly

2021 Unprotected 1st from Miami Heat

3 Future 2nd round picks

tons of cap space this summer.

Before that they traded Chris Paul for:

Lou Williams

Patrick Beverly

Montrez Harrell

1st round pick (Which they trade for Danillo Gallinari).

So the Clippers turned Chris Paul and Blake Griffin into the following:

Landry Shamet

SGA

Lou Williams

Pat Beverly

Danillo Gallinari

Wilson Chandler

Montrez Harrell

2 additional future 1st's

3 second rounders.

We could come closer to replicating what the Nets have done but, that would require a big market team that has a young potential All-Star that they are willing to give away if they can attach a bad contract with in order to maximize future cap room. Bad news for us is Magic Johnson is no longer running an NBA franchise.

If Kemba leaves, there is no way around us absolutely being garbage next year... If he leaves we need to just embrace the stink and do our best to come out on the other side in good shape.

Also the 2021 Draft is supposed to be the most loaded in a decade because it will contain the Freshman college class and the high school senior class.

If Kemba leaves, we suck for 2 years and then come out of in 2021 with yound talent and all the cap space in the world....

That said, I hope we keep Kemba and find a way to be competitive but, if he leaves... we should blow it the fuck up without a second thought.

#76 GeraldWallaceMVP Posted 30 April 2019 - 02:02 PM

GeraldWallaceMVP

• 1000+ posts
  • 3,398 posts
  • Joined 23-February 15

You don’t have to offer him the max. 27 mil should be enough. If not then oh well. There’s less than 10 players in this league worthy of a max contract.

LeBron (short contract - aging out)
Durant
Steph (not too long tho)
AD
Embiid
Giannis
Kawhi

“Maybe” Harden and Kyrie.

That’s it.

If Kyrie doesn't leave Boston an insane bidding war for Kemba will probably happen.  Mavs, Jazz, Lakers, Knicks, Clippers, Indiana will all be gunning for Kemba and would give him a chance at winning. big time. To compete with them we'd have to give the max.

#77 Keetch Posted 30 April 2019 - 02:34 PM

Keetch

• 1000+ posts
  • 2,086 posts
  • Joined 31-August 06

If Kyrie doesn't leave Boston an insane bidding war for Kemba will probably happen. Mavs, Jazz, Lakers, Knicks, Clippers, Indiana will all be gunning for Kemba and would give him a chance at winning. big time. To compete with them we'd have to give the max.

I know. But the Hornets situation may be untenable to go that high. They gave up their cap flexibility on Nic, an old PF and 5 or 6 marginal Centers. You can’t waste that much cap space without pain.
Rollin' in Doh

#78 Adam42R Posted 30 April 2019 - 04:01 PM

Adam42R

MKG's biggest fan

• Honorary Beagle

• 8,978 posts
  • Joined 22-December 10
You could do an increasing scale (I assume) at max raises and give him: 27, 29, 31.5, 34, and drop back down to 31.5 in year 5 with a PO and no trade clause which by rules seems doable here. That pays him 153m over five, with a 5th year option. If my math and comprehension are right, he could only max out at 132 from another team over 4 years unless he gets the All NBA nod. That means he'd be 21-22m ahead with better controls in place be with that offer. That's not a bad place to play from imo.

We might be fucked but I still like our chances to retain Kemba.
Here comes McRoberts, the throw to Walker, it's in the aaaaaiiiiirrrr, YESSSSS! Bobcats win it! My my my, Kemba Walker. Steve Martin - Toronto 12/18/2013

#79 Keetch Posted 30 April 2019 - 05:49 PM

Keetch

• 1000+ posts
  • 2,086 posts
  • Joined 31-August 06

You could do an increasing scale (I assume) at max raises and give him: 27, 29, 31.5, 34, and drop back down to 31.5 in year 5 with a PO and no trade clause which by rules seems doable here. That pays him 153m over five, with a 5th year option. If my math and comprehension are right, he could only max out at 132 from another team over 4 years unless he gets the All NBA nod. That means he'd be 21-22m ahead with better controls in place be with that offer. That's not a bad place to play from imo.

We might be fucked but I still like our chances to retain Kemba.

Completely agree.

If we can pick up Hachimura or Clarke in the draft then -

Walker
Bacon
Bridges
Draft Pick
Zeller

- is a team that wins some games. Like 32 max lol.

Seriously, I do agree though; it’s a way forward, as other contracts eventually expire.
Rollin' in Doh

#80 Chef Posted 23 May 2019 - 08:50 AM

Chef

• Honorary Beagle

• 10,468 posts
  • Joined 29-February 08

so if kemba makes all-nba and says "the only way i stay is the super-max", are you on board?

Holding out hope that Mike sells.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users