113 replies to this topic

#101 Adam42R Posted 15 May 2019 - 10:07 PM

Adam42R

MKG's biggest fan

• Honorary Beagle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,485 posts
  • Joined 22-December 10
QCT, they are reacting to his reaction apparently. And note this isn't a Knick thing, it's a sports media thing (ESPN).

I don't see any difference between this and their constant banter about Kemba to LA, Kemba to NY, Kemba to BKN.
Here comes McRoberts, the throw to Walker, it's in the aaaaaiiiiirrrr, YESSSSS! Bobcats win it! My my my, Kemba Walker. Steve Martin - Toronto 12/18/2013

#102 Chef Posted 15 May 2019 - 10:16 PM

Chef

The All-Knowing All-Seeing Beagle

• Honorary Beagle

• 10,119 posts
  • Joined 29-February 08

Thats the thing that confuses me. I didn't see anywhere where he himself acted like he didn't want to go where he's drafted. But this Zion to NY monster has taken on a life of its own, almost as if the POWERS THAT BE are trying to manufacture a false crisis to pressure New Orleans to do something. And its gonna hurt his reputation when he may not even have an idea of the controversy people are creating outside of him.

What would be such a Knick thing to do would be in their desperation to trade Knox, Smith, Jordan and the 3 for AD, which would be a repeat of the Carmelo era, trading all your depth for a guy who can't carry a whole team.

Getting ad almost guarantees (I think it all the way guarantees) kd and then kemba/Kyrie.

And kd can carry a team

#103 QC Thundercats Posted 15 May 2019 - 10:29 PM

QC Thundercats

Quality Control Thundercats

• Honorary Beagle

• 2,191 posts
  • Joined 01-June 12

QCT, they are reacting to his reaction apparently. And note this isn't a Knick thing, it's a sports media thing (ESPN).

I don't see any difference between this and their constant banter about Kemba to LA, Kemba to NY, Kemba to BKN.

Yeah, I think they may be confused that while hes an allworld talent and an Asgardian body, he's still a small town kid who's lived in Spartanburg and Durham.  I'm sure he'll grow into his persona as the spotlight shines on him relentlessly, but he seems, if not shy, just a little more reserved than these ready made instagram stars.

Getting ad almost guarantees (I think it all the way guarantees) kd and then kemba/Kyrie.

And kd can carry a team

I agree KD going there probably makes the most sense.  But its still the Knicks.  Free agents have been using them as leverage for years, but whos the last big name that signed there?

https://hoopshype.co...recent-history/

And KD is a different kind of dude, he may decide to pick some other random place.  Maybe he'll decide he wants to play with Ja and JJJ in Memphis.

#104 buckets Posted 15 May 2019 - 11:07 PM

buckets

• Honorary Beagle

• 5,158 posts
  • Joined 27-June 15
From age 18:to 23 Zion is worth _____ in a free market system without a draft and rookie scales. Include last seasons’ concessions too.
#Chodidthemath

#105 Adam42R Posted 15 May 2019 - 11:12 PM

Adam42R

MKG's biggest fan

• Honorary Beagle

• 8,485 posts
  • Joined 22-December 10
150m?
Here comes McRoberts, the throw to Walker, it's in the aaaaaiiiiirrrr, YESSSSS! Bobcats win it! My my my, Kemba Walker. Steve Martin - Toronto 12/18/2013

#106 buckets Posted 15 May 2019 - 11:34 PM

buckets

• Honorary Beagle

• 5,158 posts
  • Joined 27-June 15

150m?

A handful of teams could create 50+ million in cap space. For Dallas I’d straight up renounce Porzingas if necessary. Remember there was a Zion cam exploiting his value.
#Chodidthemath

#107 Adam42R Posted 16 May 2019 - 01:43 AM

Adam42R

MKG's biggest fan

• Honorary Beagle

• 8,485 posts
  • Joined 22-December 10
I'm talking about what he's worth over that span of 18-23, not annually. It might be low but I'd imagine interest might plateau after year 1 and pick up a few years later.

#108 Adam42R Posted 16 May 2019 - 01:47 AM

Adam42R

MKG's biggest fan

• Honorary Beagle

• 8,485 posts
  • Joined 22-December 10

I agree by and large. But I did have pangs of omg when I saw the spectacle last night that ESPN put on directed fully at him. I could understand hearing him say that he's not ready for "that" spotlight just yet, be found himself unprepared and he'd like to return to Duke to see if they can make a title run yada yada. Not many would buy it but it's not beyond reason. But I really don't think that's a reality outside of the fact he hasn't hired an agent. Assume he wants some control (to push for a trade) but not sure he has any other than decommitting which we agree isn't remotely likely.

This is the type of schtick I think he could, *could * cite as rationale

#109 Chef Posted 16 May 2019 - 04:30 AM

Chef

• Honorary Beagle

• 10,119 posts
  • Joined 29-February 08

From age 18:to 23 Zion is worth _____ in a free market system without a draft and rookie scales. Include last seasons’ concessions too.

250m

#110 Keetch Posted 16 May 2019 - 04:55 AM

Keetch

The All-Knowing All-Seeing Cho

• 1000+ posts
  • 2,003 posts
  • Joined 31-August 06

250m

Not a bad gig if you can get it.

NBA Stats so far: 0 pts. 0 rebs. 0 asts. When I run his efficiency ratings on a spreadsheet I keep getting “#NUM”. That can’t be good.
Rollin' in Doh

#111 Chef Posted 16 May 2019 - 05:37 AM

Chef

• Honorary Beagle

• 10,119 posts
  • Joined 29-February 08

Not a bad gig if you can get it.

NBA Stats so far: 0 pts. 0 rebs. 0 asts. When I run his efficiency ratings on a spreadsheet I keep getting “#NUM”. That can’t be good.

his shoe contract alone is going to surprise people. because of the exploding shoe, nike absolutely has to sign him. they know it and he knows it. if they lose, the commercial writes itself. not just for zion and his shoe but for shoes across the board. i wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't get north of 120mil maybe even 150mil for the contract. they will wrap it in longer years or "portion of sales" type thing but it is going to be a large contract.

#112 buckets Posted 16 May 2019 - 09:10 AM

buckets

• Honorary Beagle

• 5,158 posts
  • Joined 27-June 15

250m

250 feels close to his ballpark. With annual raises I had $325 + whatever for his likeness in college. Plus from those 6 years alone forfeiting 500+ million in after-tax (lifetime) compounding that his institutions will enjoy instead.

It gets real interesting if he’s allowed to negotiate using the 2 + 3 years worth of options the owners currently use under the CBA to benefit themselves. For example 2/$115 before potentially exercising his PO in year 3 to negotiate a better deal.

And the above of course allows him to choose his employment location and to a certain degree effect his endorsement potential/leverage.

#Chodidthemath

#113 Keetch Posted 16 May 2019 - 07:56 PM

Keetch

The All-Knowing All-Seeing Cho

• 1000+ posts
  • 2,003 posts
  • Joined 31-August 06
Yes. For 250 million dollars (that’s a quarter of a billion); I would oblige to play for the Pelicans. It would be a hell of a sacrifice though.
Rollin' in Doh

#114 dnbman Posted 16 May 2019 - 08:00 PM

dnbman

Existential Crisis Manager

• Moderators

• 6,192 posts
  • Joined 25-June 07

Yes. For 250 million dollars (that’s a quarter of a billion); I would oblige to play for the Pelicans. It would be a hell of a sacrifice though.

For 250 million dollars, I would do a lot of things for a wide variety of pelicans.

Last Member: Nick Batum Fan Club

Professional Self-Loather

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users