36 replies to this topic

#21 Adam42R Posted 17 May 2019 - 09:46 PM

Adam42R

MKG's biggest fan

• Honorary Beagle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,485 posts
  • Joined 22-December 10

You guys are seeing a lot more in these prospects that I can squint and find.  Outside of Coby White (beyond the commonly agreed upon top 3), there's really noone I would want the more I read up on these options.  If we can trade the pick to move weight or especially bring in talent, by all means, trade the hell away.

Here comes McRoberts, the throw to Walker, it's in the aaaaaiiiiirrrr, YESSSSS! Bobcats win it! My my my, Kemba Walker. Steve Martin - Toronto 12/18/2013

#22 powellrmp Posted 18 May 2019 - 07:43 AM

powellrmp

Braindead Stupid 2020

• 1000+ posts
  • 1,407 posts
  • Joined 19-April 16
Deandre Hunter will be long gone before 12, which is too bad.

#23 cltblkhscoach Posted 18 May 2019 - 09:39 AM

cltblkhscoach

Forgotten Member Of High Voltage

• 1000+ posts
  • 2,923 posts
  • Joined 03-July 06

You guys are seeing a lot more in these prospects that I can squint and find. Outside of Coby White (beyond the commonly agreed upon top 3), there's really noone I would want the more I read up on these options. If we can trade the pick to move weight or especially bring in talent, by all means, trade the hell away.

I dont know much about them, but if we can get a relatively young player under contract for 3-4 years using this pick as bait I'm all for it. Because if Kemba stays or goes, its still someone that can help this roster. Drummond is my choice, but whoever it is I think is better than what #12 would amount to be in this draft.

Allan Bristow Is The GOAT

#24 nowhere fast Posted 18 May 2019 - 09:45 AM

nowhere fast

Crash

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 594 posts
  • Joined 16-May 17

Presumably (hopefully?) this FO's smart enough to keep from throwing in a lottery pick to go with Marv's and/or MKG's expirings.  So, what reason do we have exactly to expect someone to swallow Nic's or Cody's contracts for #12?  The problem with the idea is viability, not desire.

#25 powellrmp Posted 18 May 2019 - 10:00 AM

powellrmp

Braindead Stupid 2020

• 1000+ posts
  • 1,407 posts
  • Joined 19-April 16

Presumably (hopefully?) this FO's smart enough to keep from throwing in a lottery pick to go with Marv's and/or MKG's expirings. So, what reason do we have exactly to expect someone to swallow Nic's or Cody's contracts for #12? The problem with the idea is viability, not desire.

Well said. BUT WE CAN DREAM CANT WE? It would be nice to hit the fast forward button on this reset by getting rid of those deals

#26 Steelmatic Posted 19 May 2019 - 12:33 AM

Steelmatic

Jeff "Sure I'll Start" McInnis

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts
  • Joined 08-June 12

I’d be more than happy with Little at 12, based on his potential. I’d rather take the chance on Bol Bol though, if he is there of course.

https://www.usatoday...air/3708831002/

they both present some upside. They say Bol was a loser at the combine weighing in at only 208lbs. While Little was a winner with his measurables and did well with interviews.

#27 Proudiddy Posted 19 May 2019 - 07:26 PM

Proudiddy

The All-Knowing All-Seeing Cho

• 1000+ posts
  • 1,801 posts
  • Joined 04-July 07
FWIW, as I posted in another thread, in Kuochack's interview at the combine, he repeatedly alluded to the possibility of a trading #12 before the draft. I have to think moving one of the big contracts is currently the priority over taking a prospect with the pick.

#28 Adam42R Posted 19 May 2019 - 09:14 PM

Adam42R

MKG's biggest fan

• Honorary Beagle

• 8,485 posts
  • Joined 22-December 10
And diddy, as much as the twitterverse thinks that means Batum, if we angle in a all-staresque scorer, I'd be highly shocked if we didn't retain Nic to play his natural role of third scoring option, primary facilitator.
Here comes McRoberts, the throw to Walker, it's in the aaaaaiiiiirrrr, YESSSSS! Bobcats win it! My my my, Kemba Walker. Steve Martin - Toronto 12/18/2013

#29 GOBOBCATS24 Posted 19 May 2019 - 09:22 PM

GOBOBCATS24

Sean May... Krispy-Kreme MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 524 posts
  • Joined 11-December 08

And diddy, as much as the twitterverse thinks that means Batum, if we angle in a all-staresque scorer, I'd be highly shocked if we didn't retain Nic to play his natural role of third scoring option, primary facilitator.

The problem with that: Batum's natural role USED to be 3rd Option. Now? I'm not sure. Maybe 3rd option off the bench?

He has no business as a starter in today's NBA.

#30 cltblkhscoach Posted 19 May 2019 - 09:39 PM

cltblkhscoach

Forgotten Member Of High Voltage

• 1000+ posts
  • 2,923 posts
  • Joined 03-July 06

Batum's exit interview doesn't give me a lot of expectation for him. And its not that he cant do it, its his consistent motivation that to me says you cant count on him in any major role until he gives a damn for more than 3 games at a time.

Allan Bristow Is The GOAT

#31 Vanderbilt_Grad Posted 20 May 2019 - 12:46 PM

Vanderbilt_Grad

Primoz "The Slovenian Gangster" "Brezac

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • Joined 08-May 18
  • LocationCharlotte

Agree that Batum should no longer be a starter.

For the record though, I'm not on the Bol Bol train.  He just feels like a bust waiting to happen to me.

#32 Proudiddy Posted 20 May 2019 - 01:12 PM

Proudiddy

• 1000+ posts
  • 1,801 posts
  • Joined 04-July 07

I would be ecstatic if we could pull that off. I wonder if Beal could still be in play? If Nic is here,he's still here... nothing we can do about it but bide our time in that case. But, I really, I'd love to add another viable option via trade, and if we can shed Nic in the process, great.

#33 Proudiddy Posted 20 May 2019 - 01:15 PM

Proudiddy

• 1000+ posts
  • 1,801 posts
  • Joined 04-July 07

Batum's exit interview doesn't give me a lot of expectation for him. And its not that he cant do it, its his consistent motivation that to me says you cant count on him in any major role until he gives a damn for more than 3 games at a time.

I never thought a player could make me as angry as Boris Diaw on the talent/ability to effort matrix, but Batum has. Diaw's half-assing was still 500,000x better than Batum's.

#34 powellrmp Posted 23 May 2019 - 06:51 AM

powellrmp

Braindead Stupid 2020

• 1000+ posts
  • 1,407 posts
  • Joined 19-April 16

Agree that Batum should no longer be a starter.

For the record though, I'm not on the Bol Bol train. He just feels like a bust waiting to happen to me.

Which makes him a lock to be a hornets draft pick

#35 Mich_Mercer Posted 24 May 2019 - 04:47 PM

Mich_Mercer

Keep Monk and MKG

• 1000+ posts
  • 1,633 posts
  • Joined 27-June 13
  • LocationWilmington, NC
To me, it’s not very Hornets like to take a gamble on a guy. I feel like they usually pick the safe guy. So to me, Bol Bol is the opposite of what we tend to do. I just don’t see a better talent at 12... we have to take the chance on him.

#36 ncborn Posted 25 May 2019 - 02:12 PM

ncborn

Ajinca (French for wasted draft pick)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  • Joined 01-July 17

Has he even had a serious injury? He’s just really skinny so everyone says he’ll fall apart. KD did okay, Kristaps did okay

Please do your homework. Heck just a google search will do.

#37 ncborn Posted 25 May 2019 - 02:17 PM

ncborn

Ajinca (French for wasted draft pick)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  • Joined 01-July 17

I haven’t seen anything with him as a top 8 pick

People list us as drafting him because Jordan’s personnel judgment is just that d@mn poor. Did you also advise Jordan to draft Frank Kaminsky?

Just asking.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users