•  
Photo

90 Minute chat: if we get 2-4, do you trade up?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 dnbman Posted 14 May 2019 - 05:54 PM

dnbman

Existential Crisis Manager

• Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,191 posts
  • Joined 25-June 07

Just curious, if we miraculously get the 2nd, 3rd, or 4th pick, would you stand pat and use the talent that slips, or would you try to trade up? 

If trade up, what do you think might get it done?

Last Member: Nick Batum Fan Club

Professional Self-Loather

#2 GeraldWallaceMVP Posted 14 May 2019 - 06:03 PM

GeraldWallaceMVP

Dwight's Only Fan

• 1000+ posts
  • 3,046 posts
  • Joined 23-February 15
  • LocationQueen City, Charlotte NC
Unless I’m getting Ja or Zion i’m using the pick to get a all star player for Kemba

#3 Adam42R Posted 14 May 2019 - 06:29 PM

Adam42R

MKG's biggest fan

• Honorary Beagle

• 8,485 posts
  • Joined 22-December 10

I often say I don't know much about college hoop prospects and this year is no different but... with the sheer volume of energy around Zion, I don't see any possibility that one could trade up to #1 using a lower pick.  It would be tantamount to somoene having moved NOP off of AD.  I think the more realistic question is, if you land the 2-4, do you use that to trade back and offload one of the vaunted unloadable contracts we have to acquire someone of high value (along the lines of what GSW is getting at).

Here comes McRoberts, the throw to Walker, it's in the aaaaaiiiiirrrr, YESSSSS! Bobcats win it! My my my, Kemba Walker. Steve Martin - Toronto 12/18/2013

#4 dnbman Posted 14 May 2019 - 06:41 PM

dnbman

Existential Crisis Manager

• Moderators

• 6,191 posts
  • Joined 25-June 07

I often say I don't know much about college hoop prospects and this year is no different but... with the sheer volume of energy around Zion, I don't see any possibility that one could trade up to #1 using a lower pick.  It would be tantamount to somoene having moved NOP off of AD.  I think the more realistic question is, if you land the 2-4, do you use that to trade back and offload one of the vaunted unloadable contracts we have to acquire someone of high value (along the lines of what GSW is getting at).

Not a college guy either, but Ja and RJ seem like fantastic hauls if you can't get Zion. Don't know beyond that.

Obviously, if you can get an all-star caliber player for one of those picks, then it's worth trading. 

Last Member: Nick Batum Fan Club

Professional Self-Loather

#5 Mich_Mercer Posted 14 May 2019 - 07:13 PM

Mich_Mercer

Keep Monk and MKG

• 1000+ posts
  • 1,633 posts
  • Joined 27-June 13
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Unless I’m getting Ja or Zion i’m using the pick to get a all star player for Kemba

I agree man. I was stoked on Barret but now I’m not really sure. But definitely after 3, there is a huge drop off.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users