#241 eshelmon Posted 26 September 2019 - 11:33 AM

eshelmon

Jeff "Sure I'll Start" McInnis

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 839 posts
  • Joined 04-July 13
  • LocationGreensboro

Seems like coach trying to sell cookie cutting in his guards offense...don't doubt Rozier can match time quantity 34 minutes and 20 shots harder but feel with talent around him and offense design can increase career number of shots jacked up.  A huge drop off in offense IMO.  Yes, starter production earned him 19 million a year and FO love.  And last years limited starts (14) and shots a game (11), efficiency surpassed Kemba's 43% FG/40% 3P, I am not sold on predictions from our front office and will believe when I see it on court.  Hope board gets to rub this all in my face and Scary show I'm even more than wrong than a Rod Boone stat.

Whats with that 18 minutes?  Sure going to be increases, but who did he cross up...Rozier played 22.7 minutes per game last year, 30.1 minutes in 14 starts and 21.1 in 65 games as backup.

#242 Adam42R Posted 27 September 2019 - 04:11 AM

Adam42R

MKG's biggest fan

• Honorary Beagle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,384 posts
  • Joined 22-December 10
Coach stated this time last year that no role was inked-in outside of Kemba. His starting line up in actuality was immortalized in ink and concrete. He's now telling us predicted starting minutes of his unproven (here) floor general? Like pre camp and he's calling Terry's mpg? How about see what you got at least. Honestly, that just seems like a bad idea for everyone, mostly for Terry.

Hope I'm really, really wrong but seriously concerned in what we got in JB.
Here comes McRoberts, the throw to Walker, it's in the aaaaaiiiiirrrr, YESSSSS! Bobcats win it! My my my, Kemba Walker. Steve Martin - Toronto 12/18/2013

#243 dnbman Posted 27 September 2019 - 03:54 PM

dnbman

Existential Crisis Manager

• Moderators

• 6,403 posts
  • Joined 25-June 07

Coach stated this time last year that no role was inked-in outside of Kemba. His starting line up in actuality was immortalized in ink and concrete. He's now telling us predicted starting minutes of his unproven (here) floor general? Like pre camp and he's calling Terry's mpg? How about see what you got at least. Honestly, that just seems like a bad idea for everyone, mostly for Terry.

Hope I'm really, really wrong but seriously concerned in what we got in JB.

Difference here though is they just acquired the guy with the idea of him being the starting pg. I think that's a little different than a new staff coming in and saying that anyone can play. Also, there isn't a lot of competition for pg minutes as opposed to the wing spots last year.

Pressure is already on Terry in a lot of ways. I'd guess Borrego knows enough about his off season preparation that he's confident enough he'll be the guy and play those minutes. 

Definitely understand why you don't like it though.

Last Member: Nick Batum Fan Club

Professional Self-Loather

#244 GeraldWallaceMVP Posted 27 September 2019 - 10:22 PM

GeraldWallaceMVP

All Aboard the Rozier Bandwagon

• 1000+ posts
  • 3,664 posts
  • Joined 23-February 15
  • LocationQueen City, Charlotte NC

Terry definitely feels the pressure he'll either come strong or fold. He's made several references on social media about fans telling him he's overpaid and that he's gonna be a waste of money. He seems to be building chemistry with the young guys though if that's any clue 

#245 dnbman Posted 28 September 2019 - 03:08 PM

dnbman

• Moderators

• 6,403 posts
  • Joined 25-June 07

He seems to be building chemistry with the young guys though if that's any clue 

Haven't seen much about that. Any stories or links?

#246 dnbman Posted 09 October 2019 - 08:38 PM

dnbman

• Moderators

• 6,403 posts
  • Joined 25-June 07

Dude certainly looks capable. 

#247 GeraldWallaceMVP Posted 05 November 2019 - 11:40 PM

GeraldWallaceMVP

All Aboard the Rozier Bandwagon

• 1000+ posts
  • 3,664 posts
  • Joined 23-February 15
  • LocationQueen City, Charlotte NC
Roziers last three games

v Kings: 22 points, rebounds, 6 assists

v Warriors: 20 points, 5 rebounds, 7 assists

v Pacers: 22 points, 5 rebounds, 4 assists

Also had 19 v lakers and a double double v Wolves.

#248 cltblkhscoach Posted 06 November 2019 - 12:54 AM

cltblkhscoach

Forgotten Member Of High Voltage

• 1000+ posts
  • 3,182 posts
  • Joined 03-July 06
Kind of funny how he's being overshadowed but his consistency is huge

Allan Bristow Is The GOAT

#249 Buzzau Posted 06 November 2019 - 02:20 AM

Buzzau

Cardiac Kemba Walker

• Members
  • 986 posts
  • Joined 04-November 15
  • LocationMelbourne, Aus
He's had his moments but hes been good majority of the time and he seems to have gelled well with the young guys. He'll get better as he adapts to the new environment/new team/new coach as the season goes on too.

#250 Keetch Posted 06 November 2019 - 02:52 AM

Keetch

The All-Knowing All-Seeing Cho

• 1000+ posts
  • 2,143 posts
  • Joined 31-August 06
I like that he plays within the team and isn’t always ball dominant. He’s letting others pick it up. He’s easy to take or give up the ball. I imagine coaching has a lot to do with that. It seems to be working with this group and to that extent is fun to watch so far.

Not enjoying the turnovers and sometimes sloppy play of course; but if that’s the trade off for now; I’m down with it.
Rollin' in Doh

#251 Chef Posted 06 November 2019 - 05:16 AM

Chef

The All-Knowing All-Seeing Beagle

• Honorary Beagle

• 10,654 posts
  • Joined 29-February 08
I actually enjoy him. Kind of a throwback type game. He is Gumby stretch long.

I would really love him at $12 mil per year. I still loathe the contract and more importantly the events that led to him being here but what is done is done.

Holding out hope that Mike sells.

#252 Adam42R Posted 06 November 2019 - 07:02 AM

Adam42R

MKG's biggest fan

• Honorary Beagle

• 9,384 posts
  • Joined 22-December 10
He shoots a lot. My 10yo and I made up a Geico commercial for him: When you're Terry, you shoot the ball, it's what you do. But admittedly it's not really an impediment right now. And sometimes he's just a bucket getter like J.Lamb was for us last year, and we'r need that at times. I don't mind him, I think at this point I'd rather see the starting unit replace Monk for Bacon as Terry and Malik seem to work better together.
Here comes McRoberts, the throw to Walker, it's in the aaaaaiiiiirrrr, YESSSSS! Bobcats win it! My my my, Kemba Walker. Steve Martin - Toronto 12/18/2013

#253 dnbman Posted 06 November 2019 - 01:00 PM

dnbman

• Moderators

• 6,403 posts
  • Joined 25-June 07

Kind of funny how he's being overshadowed but his consistency is huge

I was thinking the same thing last night. It’s odd how his play slides under the radar, especially when Graham’s on the court. But he’s making an impact and has to be accounted for on the offensive end. I love the fact that we’re not so focused on one player and have so many guys averaging double digits.

#254 justin credible Posted 08 November 2019 - 08:19 PM

justin credible

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts
  • Joined 02-June 13
After 8 games to evaluate rozier I would say turnover prone, poor shooting stroke, and quite frankly doesnt seem to have a feel for the game. I would say I've seen backup Pg's that were better but I'm sure that's obvious considering our backup pg is better

#255 Keetch Posted 10 November 2019 - 05:28 AM

Keetch

The All-Knowing All-Seeing Cho

• 1000+ posts
  • 2,143 posts
  • Joined 31-August 06
I hope the tv and beat media can drop the Walker/Rozier threads now. I think they are grossly misjudging the fans and the players motivations in both cities. No Rozier is not Kemba; and no one expects him to be except some reporters.

The real question in CHA is just Rozier himself and his capabilities as an NBA starter.
Rollin' in Doh

#256 eshelmon Posted 12 November 2019 - 02:22 PM

eshelmon

• Members
  • 839 posts
  • Joined 04-July 13
  • LocationGreensboro

He shoots a lot. My 10yo and I made up a Geico commercial for him: When you're Terry, you shoot the ball, it's what you do. But admittedly it's not really an impediment right now. And sometimes he's just a bucket getter like J.Lamb was for us last year, and we'r need that at times. I don't mind him, I think at this point I'd rather see the starting unit replace Monk for Bacon as Terry and Malik seem to work better together.

Minutes and matchups can skew small sample size, but early lineups results:  Terry/Malik (-23.6) worse than Terry/Bacon (-20.6)...Graham/Malik (-4) worse than Graham/Bacon (-3.5)...Graham/Rozier (-.3)...and a surprise with Cody/TR +35, Graham/Cody +20.9.   

#257 Chef Posted 12 November 2019 - 03:19 PM

Chef

• Honorary Beagle

• 10,654 posts
  • Joined 29-February 08
Cody is definitely the table setter

#258 Adam42R Posted 24 November 2019 - 10:31 AM

Adam42R

MKG's biggest fan

• Honorary Beagle

• 9,384 posts
  • Joined 22-December 10
This seems like the right time of year to say, this team seems like ir would be better outright (W/L record, playing/growing, future tense) without this signing. I say time of year because this is when dramatic posts like this make for great "that didn't age well" content. I'd love for that to be the case. I don't have faith it will but would love it if so.

#259 QC Thundercats Posted 24 November 2019 - 01:08 PM

QC Thundercats

Quality Control Thundercats

• Honorary Beagle

• 2,329 posts
  • Joined 01-June 12

This seems like the right time of year to say, this team seems like ir would be better outright (W/L record, playing/growing, future tense) without this signing. I say time of year because this is when dramatic posts like this make for great "that didn't age well" content. I'd love for that to be the case. I don't have faith it will but would love it if so.

It feels the biggest reason for his signing was to save face for the Kemba debacle, to say they did something.  But it would've been worlds better if it was just a two year contract, or 3 year with a team option, so that he could be a moveable asset as soon as next year.

But I don't see a playoff team seeing him as putting them over the top, or a young team thinking he's the missing piece, so we'll have him for at least 2 1/2 years.  I don't know if intensive film review study will help him, as I know Kemba raved about Jay Hernandez' help (https://www.si.com/n...-michael-jordan).  Maybe its always been about not being taught well, but I'd assume Stevens staff is very sharp, so I don't know how hopeful I'd be of that.

But maybe Grahams development is proof of Hernandez guru-ness.

#260 Chef Posted 24 November 2019 - 01:24 PM

Chef

• Honorary Beagle

• 10,654 posts
  • Joined 29-February 08

It feels the biggest reason for his signing was to save face for the Kemba debacle, to say they did something. But it would've been worlds better if it was just a two year contract, or 3 year with a team option, so that he could be a moveable asset as soon as next year.

But I don't see a playoff team seeing him as putting them over the top, or a young team thinking he's the missing piece, so we'll have him for at least 2 1/2 years. I don't know if intensive film review study will help him, as I know Kemba raved about Jay Hernandez' help (https://www.si.com/n...-michael-jordan). Maybe its always been about not being taught well, but I'd assume Stevens staff is very sharp, so I don't know how hopeful I'd be of that.

But maybe Grahams development is proof of Hernandez guru-ness.

Graham aways had the foundation of a solid pg. It was never about decision making and seeing the floor, rozier is clueless.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users