47 replies to this topic

#1 Potato Posted 01 July 2019 - 08:00 PM

Potato

The All-Knowing All-Seeing Cho

• 1000+ posts
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,194 posts
  • Joined 03-May 12

Well here we are. Kemba Walker has left for greener pastures and we're primed and ready to be one of the three worst teams in the NBA next season. This means we'll be in prime contention for a top 5 (hopefully top 3) draft choice. When you have a team as bad as this one, sometimes one of the only ways you can get through the season is by getting excited for what could come in the future.

I feel like it's reasonable to go ahead and start a thread where we talk about 2020 NBA Draft prospects. Anthony Edwards and Cole Anthony are two guys that intrigue me so far, but obviously we'll have to see how things play out. This time last year Zion was going to be Duke's third best player. 

Regarding James Wiseman, what's his game like? I just kind of thing the C position is declining in value every year, unless you're getting an Embiid or Anthony Davis type of player I'm not sure how worth it is. Not going to act like I know much about any of these guys, though.

My opinions about my sports teams are almost as bad as my sports teams.  Rap music fan.

Hornets

Panthers

San Diego Padres

Liverpool

USMNT

#2 InProblematique Posted 02 July 2019 - 07:21 PM

InProblematique

Al's Questionable Shots Gave Me a Hangover

• Honorary Beagle

• 4,892 posts
  • Joined 05-June 13
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

It's definitely going to be one of the better draft classes we've seen in a while. It's a shame we couldn't turn Kemba into an extra pick for 2020. Who knows, maybe we can still figure out a way to sneak one in there over the course of the next year.

Wiseman is going to be insane if he can stay healthy. That's kinda why I'm hesitant to get totally on board with him, at least before a season in college. There's no telling how a lanky 7 footer is gonna handle that transition until it happens. He fits more of the Kristaps mold of big guys, from everything I've seen. Some nice handles for  a big guy, good court vision, and a pretty good shot. Huge upside defender too, from what I've seen and read. I know we'll be int he market for a guard, but if Wiseman performs like I think he will and gets the medical green flags, I think you've gotta take him.

I think there's gonna be plenty of chances for us to get a PG of the future if we're in the top five, but yeah, Cole Anthony is gonna end up being the cream of the crop. I can't wait to actually watch college footage of him, but the high school shit I've seen has been insane. Dude is built like a train and does everything right on both ends of the court. Damian Lillard with a bigger frame. I also can't wait to see how Nico Mannion's game translates to college. He might be a little bit of a sleeper.

Or we can just  make the shit train complete and draft LaMelo Ball. I think he's probably going to be better than Lonzo actually, but still, I don't think any of us want all the strings attached to that fuckin family.

Six Words/PP11

Posted Image

#3 Buzzau Posted 02 July 2019 - 08:24 PM

Buzzau

Cardiac Kemba Walker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 983 posts
  • Joined 04-November 15
  • LocationMelbourne, Aus
It will be interesting seeing how LaMelo goes here in the NBL. He won't be playing against guys as talented but they're grown men that play aggressively.

#4 buckets Posted 02 July 2019 - 08:55 PM

buckets

The All-Knowing All-Seeing Beagle

• Honorary Beagle

• 5,736 posts
  • Joined 27-June 15

It will be interesting seeing how LaMelo goes here in the NBL. He won't be playing against guys as talented but they're grown men that play aggressively.

Which squad?
#Chodidthemath

#5 Buzzau Posted 02 July 2019 - 09:01 PM

Buzzau

Cardiac Kemba Walker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 983 posts
  • Joined 04-November 15
  • LocationMelbourne, Aus

Which squad?

He's playing for the Illawarra Hawks this coming season. RJ Hampton is playing in the same league.

Just to give you an idea of the quality of the league, Bogut won DPOY and MVP last season.

#6 buckets Posted 02 July 2019 - 09:04 PM

buckets

• Honorary Beagle

• 5,736 posts
  • Joined 27-June 15

He's playing for the Illawarra Hawks this coming season. RJ Hampton is playing in the same league.
Just to give you an idea of the quality of the league, Bogut won DPOY and MVP last season.

Ahh one of my guys played with the Hawks
#Chodidthemath

#7 Potato Posted 02 July 2019 - 09:05 PM

Potato

• 1000+ posts
  • 2,194 posts
  • Joined 03-May 12
Gonna be super hard to evaluate guys like LaMelo and Hampton I bet, unless they’re really good or really bad

My opinions about my sports teams are almost as bad as my sports teams.  Rap music fan.

Hornets

Panthers

San Diego Padres

Liverpool

USMNT

#8 GeraldWallaceMVP Posted 03 July 2019 - 09:41 AM

GeraldWallaceMVP

All Aboard the Rozier Bandwagon

• 1000+ posts
  • 3,650 posts
  • Joined 23-February 15
  • LocationQueen City, Charlotte NC

I like Wiseman or Cole Anthony but that's been everyones picks

#9 GeraldWallaceMVP Posted 03 July 2019 - 09:47 AM

GeraldWallaceMVP

All Aboard the Rozier Bandwagon

• 1000+ posts
  • 3,650 posts
  • Joined 23-February 15
  • LocationQueen City, Charlotte NC

Regarding James Wiseman, what's his game like? I just kind of thing the C position is declining in value every year, unless you're getting an Embiid or Anthony Davis type of player I'm not sure how worth it is. Not going to act like I know much about any of these guys, though.

I feel the opposite, I feel like more and more of the best players are bigs lately. And most of the top players under 26 are all centers  

#10 Swedd523 Posted 03 July 2019 - 12:13 PM

Swedd523

• Moderators

• 9,691 posts
  • Joined 18-June 09
If we aren't bad enough to be in the position to draft Cole Anthony or RJ Hampton, then we have wasted yet another season

#11 Whiz Kid Posted 03 July 2019 - 05:06 PM

Whiz Kid

Ajinca (French for wasted draft pick)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • Joined 11-April 12

Not a vouch, but just a reminder for those unaware. Lamelo Ball is only supposed to be going into his senior year of high school. Thought it might be worth it to note.

#12 Mustachio Posted 04 July 2019 - 10:29 AM

Mustachio

• Honorary Beagle

• 6,356 posts
  • Joined 11-July 06
I've never seen anything out of lamelo ball that made me think he's an NBA caliber player.
Into the crevasse!

"Climb down Lemon, Climb down"Posted Image

#13 Adam42R Posted 04 July 2019 - 10:43 AM

Adam42R

MKG's biggest fan

• Honorary Beagle

• 9,373 posts
  • Joined 22-December 10
Nothing makes me think a member of the Ball family is worth the paternal headache.
Here comes McRoberts, the throw to Walker, it's in the aaaaaiiiiirrrr, YESSSSS! Bobcats win it! My my my, Kemba Walker. Steve Martin - Toronto 12/18/2013

#14 Swedd523 Posted 04 July 2019 - 12:33 PM

Swedd523

• Moderators

• 9,691 posts
  • Joined 18-June 09

Nothing makes me think a member of the Ball family is worth the paternal headache.

Same

Lamelo can be a straight up stud.  I'm still not drafting that drama.

His jumper is broken anyway.  No thanks.

#15 ncborn Posted 04 July 2019 - 01:47 PM

ncborn

Ajinca (French for wasted draft pick)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts
  • Joined 01-July 17

If we aren't bad enough to be in the position to draft Cole Anthony or RJ Hampton, then we have wasted yet another season

That is what I call a nice partial reality check. Let me give a Tyler Hansbrough reality check:

1. Jordan pays 60 million for a guy from Boston who will keep the team from tanking
2. Jordan fearing lost ticket sales demand maximum effort every night
3. Jordan uses the player exemption on a vet instead of trading it for draft picks
4. Jordan insists on NOT playing younger players to keep fans in the building
5. Jordan tells MKG and Marvin he will extend them if they play their hearts out every night
6. Jordan is disappointed when we miss the playoffs again
7. Jordan thinks a no ceiling senior is exactly what the team needs from the draft
8. Jordan overrides the coach and GM and drafts a second round guy in the first round - again

Bring the pain!

#16 Founding Hornet Posted 04 July 2019 - 02:39 PM

Founding Hornet

• 1000+ posts
  • 1,228 posts
  • Joined 11-July 14
If Jordan is here for the start of the 2021 season, I will call myself a fraud and never post again.

Big reset is two fold.... youth movement and the ownership change. The Enterprise value on our Hornets and even the EBITDA on our franchise is incredibly healthy........ and Mike will make an absolute ridiculous haul on the sale.

However, if I’m correct, I should get to be a Mod like Swedd..... or at least my assistant should.

Then this place could really get nuts.....

Zigg? Fair?

#17 Veteran_Picksetter Posted 04 July 2019 - 04:08 PM

Veteran_Picksetter

• 1000+ posts
  • 1,757 posts
  • Joined 30-May 10

Ahh one of my guys played with the Hawks

"One of my guys"

Wait, is this a hint to the mysterious identity of Buckets?

#18 Swedd523 Posted 04 July 2019 - 05:41 PM

Swedd523

• Moderators

• 9,691 posts
  • Joined 18-June 09

If Jordan is here for the start of the 2021 season, I will call myself a fraud and never post again.

Big reset is two fold.... youth movement and the ownership change. The Enterprise value on our Hornets and even the EBITDA on our franchise is incredibly healthy........ and Mike will make an absolute ridiculous haul on the sale.

However, if I’m correct, I should get to be a Mod like Swedd..... or at least my assistant should.

Then this place could really get nuts.....

Zigg? Fair?

Attaining mod status is no easy feat.

There is a set of trials one must complete. It truly isn't for the faint of heart.

#19 Chef Posted 04 July 2019 - 05:56 PM

Chef

• Honorary Beagle

• 10,648 posts
  • Joined 29-February 08

Attaining mod status is no easy feat.

There is a set of trials one must complete. It truly isn't for the faint of heart.

Yeah, I nearly lost my leg in the ring off fire

Holding out hope that Mike sells.

#20 buckets Posted 04 July 2019 - 06:28 PM

buckets

• Honorary Beagle

• 5,736 posts
  • Joined 27-June 15

"One of my guys"
Wait, is this a hint to the mysterious identity of Buckets?

I’d rather talk about Jalen Johnson. WI has 2 of the top recruits over the next couple drafts and poof, gone, like the other draftees from this area.

Thanks Duke
#Chodidthemath

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users