22 replies to this topic

#1 Founding Hornet Posted 09 October 2019 - 12:19 PM

Founding Hornet

The All-Knowing All-Seeing Beagle

• 1000+ posts
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,181 posts
  • Joined 11-July 14
But a few folks in the organization believe that this squad can be a dark horse 8th seed......

I am not one of them...

#2 Founding Hornet Posted 09 October 2019 - 12:21 PM

Founding Hornet

• 1000+ posts
  • 1,181 posts
  • Joined 11-July 14
But what if

What if we even won 30 games and then go into next year with a top 10 draft pick and 70M in cap space/ expirings?

I’m thinking 20 wins but we shall see

#3 Chef Posted 09 October 2019 - 01:01 PM

Chef

• Honorary Beagle

• 10,534 posts
  • Joined 29-February 08

But a few folks in the organization believe that this squad can be a dark horse 8th seed......

I am not one of them...

that's about right for this organization. apparently more than a few think letting an all star walk without getting any sort of trade is also a good move. they also think that overpaying a lesser talent is a "can't miss deal". so of course, why can't win 40 games this year even if they can't score 100pts a night consistently.

it would be funny if it wasn't so fittingly true

Holding out hope that Mike sells.

#4 dav7z Posted 09 October 2019 - 01:48 PM

dav7z

• Honorary Beagle

• 6,159 posts
  • Joined 16-June 06

I agree with founding 20 games is my guess. But it will be fun to watch these young guys grow together.

#5 GeraldWallaceMVP Posted 09 October 2019 - 02:34 PM

GeraldWallaceMVP

All Aboard the Rozier Bandwagon

• 1000+ posts
  • 3,472 posts
  • Joined 23-February 15
  • LocationQueen City, Charlotte NC

I'd say we win 26 games but I can see a world in which this team is an 8th seed.

#6 powellrmp Posted 09 October 2019 - 03:02 PM

powellrmp

Braindead Stupid 2020

• 1000+ posts
  • 1,552 posts
  • Joined 19-April 16
“I’ll believe that when me shit turns purple and tastes like rainbow sherbet”

#7 Keetch Posted 09 October 2019 - 03:15 PM

Keetch

The All-Knowing All-Seeing Cho

• 1000+ posts
  • 2,112 posts
  • Joined 31-August 06
It’s not impossible in the East. We’d need to be better than 7 teams - consider;

Knicks
Cavs
Bulls
Wizards
Pistons
Hawks
Heat

All generally suck. That still leaves off the Magic and Nets who could suck too.
Rollin' in Doh

#8 Keetch Posted 09 October 2019 - 03:22 PM

Keetch

• 1000+ posts
  • 2,112 posts
  • Joined 31-August 06
If the depth chart looks like this we have a shot:

Zeller/Willy-Biz
PJ/Marvin
Miles/MKG
Bacon/Monk
Rozier/Graham

Who’s missing? lol
Rollin' in Doh

#9 Adam42R Posted 09 October 2019 - 05:12 PM

Adam42R

MKG's biggest fan

• Honorary Beagle

• 9,107 posts
  • Joined 22-December 10

If the depth chart looks like this we have a shot:

Zeller/Willy-Biz
PJ/Marvin
Miles/MKG
Bacon/Monk
Rozier/Graham

Who’s missing? lol

But the depth chart doesn't look like that haha.
Here comes McRoberts, the throw to Walker, it's in the aaaaaiiiiirrrr, YESSSSS! Bobcats win it! My my my, Kemba Walker. Steve Martin - Toronto 12/18/2013

#10 Keetch Posted 09 October 2019 - 06:06 PM

Keetch

• 1000+ posts
  • 2,112 posts
  • Joined 31-August 06
Yup and there lies the prime problem
Rollin' in Doh

#11 Adam42R Posted 10 October 2019 - 06:47 AM

Adam42R

MKG's biggest fan

• Honorary Beagle

• 9,107 posts
  • Joined 22-December 10
I think it will be very interesting if the fans can't put eyes on Mitch and MJ in the arena this year. As I lamented early on, we STHs didn't have an opportunity to exit concomitant with the Kemba/Lamb/Frank stuff. If M&M can't be present for whatever this season brings, that will 100% inform me of where I need to spend my money come February decision time.
Here comes McRoberts, the throw to Walker, it's in the aaaaaiiiiirrrr, YESSSSS! Bobcats win it! My my my, Kemba Walker. Steve Martin - Toronto 12/18/2013

#12 eshelmon Posted 10 October 2019 - 10:27 AM

eshelmon

Jeff "Sure I'll Start" McInnis

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts
  • Joined 04-July 13
  • LocationGreensboro

Team is bad, but East is so bad this keeps hope alive.  But need a trade to bring in a talent than just rely on others injuries and underperforming, as Heat game show against a mediocre team without their top players, Hornets still struggle at home.

#13 keener22 Posted 10 October 2019 - 12:16 PM

keener22

Jeff "Sure I'll Start" McInnis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Joined 15-July 19

Wow you guys are an optimistic crew.  I like having glass half full people around, makes for a brighter day.

I'm nowhere close to this idea as I still believe we may be the worst team in the league.  I watched a 10 minute highlight from last night's game and even though it didn't show very many possessions for the Heat, I saw enough to see that we're probably a miserable defensive team along with not having a dependable offensive weapon to count on.  

#14 Chef Posted 10 October 2019 - 03:17 PM

Chef

• Honorary Beagle

• 10,534 posts
  • Joined 29-February 08

Wow you guys are an optimistic crew. I like having glass half full people around, makes for a brighter day.

I'm nowhere close to this idea as I still believe we may be the worst team in the league. I watched a 10 minute highlight from last night's game and even though it didn't show very many possessions for the Heat, I saw enough to see that we're probably a miserable defensive team along with not having a dependable offensive weapon to count on.

Jordan drank the glass and slammed it upside down on the bar

#15 Adam42R Posted 10 October 2019 - 04:51 PM

Adam42R

MKG's biggest fan

• Honorary Beagle

• 9,107 posts
  • Joined 22-December 10
The ceiling is the glass and the roof is half filled.

#16 GeraldWallaceMVP Posted 10 October 2019 - 07:11 PM

GeraldWallaceMVP

All Aboard the Rozier Bandwagon

• 1000+ posts
  • 3,472 posts
  • Joined 23-February 15
  • LocationQueen City, Charlotte NC
It’s kinda funny watching the people who losing Kemba broke from pure optimists to absolute pessimism no matter what

Not saying this is a good team but some of y’all went from believing this team could be a contender next season once we got some money off the books to now believing that every player on this team is a bench warmer

#17 Adam42R Posted 10 October 2019 - 08:16 PM

Adam42R

MKG's biggest fan

• Honorary Beagle

• 9,107 posts
  • Joined 22-December 10

Kemba created gravity, full stop.  It might not have been Steph Curry Jupiteresque but he was at least a good Mars.  That matters because it holds Deimos and Phobos in close to defend. No Kemba, they can roam and clog up some lanes for our budding protoplanets to try score.  That doesn't mean that we were destined for greatness w/ Kemba this year.  It meant that we had a little gravity well in Kemba. And when those contracts came off the books, we had a lot of room to add more planetary stuff.  And with a good anchor like Mars, we could have landed a Venus or an Earth to pair up with him. But as it were, we lost our Mars, and appear to be a dying sun, not the supernovae type but the sad fictitious broke-in-half type that cannot generate any attraction and we didn't do ourselves many favors in trying to pick up a rogue planetoid going by.  We have some fun comets and there might be some cool shit out in the Kuiper belt but realistically, we aren't generating heat right now and that's a bad state to be in.  Things might change, maybe we can get Thor to direct some light through a prism and make the spinny thing spin and make a hammer again...wait, wrong universe ;)

It's a sad state.  I have some distant hope that we do some work to turn Marvin + Biz + ?? as expirings into some really good but pricey trade at the deadline with a team that wants space and isn't making where they want to go this season while keeping our picks.  But that's likely a tough one to swing.

#18 buckets Posted 10 October 2019 - 08:16 PM

buckets

• Honorary Beagle

• 5,603 posts
  • Joined 27-June 15

It’s kinda funny watching the people who losing Kemba broke from pure optimists to absolute pessimism no matter what
Not saying this is a good team but some of y’all went from believing this team could be a contender next season once we got some money off the books to now believing that every player on this team is a bench warmer

Who here thought CHA + Kemba could be a contender next season?
#Chodidthemath

#19 Chef Posted 10 October 2019 - 10:00 PM

Chef

• Honorary Beagle

• 10,534 posts
  • Joined 29-February 08

Are you still riding this horse?

#20 QC Thundercats Posted 10 October 2019 - 10:11 PM

QC Thundercats

Quality Control Thundercats

• Honorary Beagle

• 2,289 posts
  • Joined 01-June 12

It’.....

1749d09013fda30556dc1e22131e6eda_crop_ex

0 user(s) are reading this topic