#61 JGib23 Posted 28 October 2019 - 01:58 PM

JGib23

The All-Knowing All-Seeing Cho

• 1000+ posts
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,672 posts
  • Joined 27-October 08

Few early observations...

Rozier-I really wish we could have gotten a warm body for 2 years instead of that 3rd year at $18m. But, he has played solid just not worth $18M

Graham- looks great and could be a sixth man of the year type of combo guard in a few years (maybe could grow into a starter)

Miles could be a solid above average starter at the 3 for us for a decade

PJ3 could be a solid above average starter at the 4 for us for a decade

Bacon is a solid bench player but, isn't a starting SG for a playoff team

Cody is a solid starter and I'm glad we have him, although I would flip to a contender for some draft capital at the deadline and go full tank for the last 2 months of the year if the return was decent.

Marv- solid vet

Monk looks lost

The rest of the roster is pretty blah, hopefully one of the young kids can develop into something.

We are playing hard and even though we are losing hopefully it will be at least entertaining for the rest of the year and the ping pong balls bounce our way this time.

#62 Keetch Posted 28 October 2019 - 04:13 PM

Keetch

• 1000+ posts
  • 2,143 posts
  • Joined 31-August 06

Im trying, Chef

Hmmm...we don’t disagree at all. I get and agree with ALL your points.

All I’m trying to say is...if our backup 5 is going to get a thorough ass-kicking - I’d rather it was Biz or Willy and not our “prized” rookie or beloved vet. I get it; they totally suck and that’s virtually all they’re able to do - get beat on. At least there’s some comedy in that(?). I really don’t like seeing PJ and Marvin get abused. Hurts my brain to watch.

I mean as bad as Biz was; he actually looks much worse. He must have played like no bball this summer. His hands are worse than ever x 2. [Why do they keep feeding him the ball?!]
Rollin' in Doh

#63 Chef Posted 28 October 2019 - 05:14 PM

Chef

The All-Knowing All-Seeing Beagle

• Honorary Beagle

• 10,649 posts
  • Joined 29-February 08

All I’m trying to say is...if our backup 5 is going to get a thorough ass-kicking - I’d rather it was Biz or Willy and not our “prized” rookie or beloved vet. I get it; they totally suck and that’s virtually all they’re able to do - get beat on. At least there’s some comedy in that(?). I really don’t like seeing PJ and Marvin get abused. Hurts my brain to watch.

I mean as bad as Biz was; he actually looks much worse. He must have played like no bball this summer. His hands are worse than ever x 2. [Why do they keep feeding him the ball?!]

My point was more on the rest of the post. The entire team is bad. Not all trash players but a combo of rookies/youth, rotational vets and g Leaguers. There are exactly zero players with real NBA players right now. This team is bad.

Holding out hope that Mike sells.

#64 buckets Posted 28 October 2019 - 05:31 PM

buckets

The All-Knowing All-Seeing Beagle

• Honorary Beagle

• 5,736 posts
  • Joined 27-June 15

Yeah my bad I agree with what you’re saying here.

My comment to Chef was a (poorly timed) ode to Jennifer.
#Chodidthemath

#65 powellrmp Posted 28 October 2019 - 07:33 PM

powellrmp

Braindead Stupid 2020

• 1000+ posts
  • 1,595 posts
  • Joined 19-April 16

i can't believe you are having to type this much about something that was plain as day before the season started.

Chef, that may be true but you have to ask yourself...why not just respond instead of actually reading it? Reading it takes a long time, when I could just type in a reply that comes from my heart. I find that the heart speaks the truth more than reason or logic.

#66 Adam42R Posted 28 October 2019 - 07:42 PM

Adam42R

MKG's biggest fan

• Honorary Beagle

• 9,379 posts
  • Joined 22-December 10

I'm torn. I get offering the unplayables to the NBA-gods for sacrifice but at the same time, it's like training to run a 5k with a rock in your right shoe. Like are you really learning how to run effectively, efficiently, or quickly? Or are you learning how to run as best you can with a rock in your shoe (playing Willy and Biz)?  And yeah, it might also suck to take your best pair of running shoes out in a mud-run too (playing PJ at C against DH12-39) but you aren't hurting anything that's irreplaceable (ego, W-L). 

Here comes McRoberts, the throw to Walker, it's in the aaaaaiiiiirrrr, YESSSSS! Bobcats win it! My my my, Kemba Walker. Steve Martin - Toronto 12/18/2013

#67 Keetch Posted 28 October 2019 - 08:03 PM

Keetch

• 1000+ posts
  • 2,143 posts
  • Joined 31-August 06
lol I love your analogies Adam. Luckily we only play the Lakers twice.

In the last 2 games we’ve had to face KAT and AD. There are no answers for that. Look at KATS stats in that game; remarkable.

Add in Lebron and a charged up Dwight Howard ADRIAN!!

Tonite Kawhi Leonard. At least he’s not 7 ft. tall, piece of cake.
Rollin' in Doh

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users